Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

I am seriously considering buying this driver. Unfortunately, my Golf Galaxy uses balls that are about 5 years old that have been hit thousands (if not hundereds of thousands) of times and have zero pop to them. My swing speed is 110 (+/-) a few MPH and I was struggling to carry the ball 250 yards. Same with 7 iron. I was barely carrying it 160 yards where I usually carry my 7 iron about 175.

Then I happened to find a TM TP5 that looked like it had bounced down a runway a few times and was carrying it 270 yards rolling out to 295. Launch and spin were good, feel was awesome. Not a huge fan of the yellow so I would more than likely opt for the white but I loved the way the club felt at address.

Any comparison to the TS3? Want to try the M5 but the TS3 is the last head I want to test against the F9.

Just got in my tour length white head F9 D1 swing weight 60G smoke Stiff. My TS3 is the same length and shaft. 105SS with the TS3 and 150-155mph ball speeds 2300-2500rpm. For some reason I could not get the same club head speed from the F9 and ball speeds were upper 140's with 2500-2800 rpm with the heavy weight in the front. 14-16 degree launch angles on both. TS3 is 8.5 turned down and cobra 9 degree turned down. Sound of the F9 is MUCH nicer than TS3 as is the feel at impact on center strikes. TS3 feels much more forgiving but mishits numbers were down similar amounts on both.

My buddy is 115-120 swing speed and absolutely crushes his F9 and he can't find anything bad to say about it. 8 yards more carry compared to his Callaway. I am going to hit both of mine outside once we have grass again but more than likely I will give the F9 to a friend.

I am seriously considering buying this driver. Unfortunately, my Golf Galaxy uses balls that are about 5 years old that have been hit thousands (if not hundereds of thousands) of times and have zero pop to them. My swing speed is 110 (+/-) a few MPH and I was struggling to carry the ball 250 yards. Same with 7 iron. I was barely carrying it 160 yards where I usually carry my 7 iron about 175.

Then I happened to find a TM TP5 that looked like it had bounced down a runway a few times and was carrying it 270 yards rolling out to 295. Launch and spin were good, feel was awesome. Not a huge fan of the yellow so I would more than likely opt for the white but I loved the way the club felt at address.

Any comparison to the TS3? Want to try the M5 but the TS3 is the last head I want to test against the F9.

Just got in my tour length white head F9 D1 swing weight 60G smoke Stiff. My TS3 is the same length and shaft. 105SS with the TS3 and 150-155mph ball speeds 2300-2500rpm. For some reason I could not get the same club head speed from the F9 and ball speeds were upper 140's with 2500-2800 rpm with the heavy weight in the front. 14-16 degree launch angles on both. TS3 is 8.5 turned down and cobra 9 degree turned down. Sound of the F9 is MUCH nicer than TS3 as is the feel at impact on center strikes. TS3 feels much more forgiving but mishits numbers were down similar amounts on both.

My buddy is 115-120 swing speed and absolutely crushes his F9 and he can't find anything bad to say about it. 8 yards more carry compared to his Callaway. I am going to hit both of mine outside once we have grass again but more than likely I will give the F9 to a friend.

With that being the case, would you like to be my friend??

Also FWIW - the "Lampkin UTx" grip that Cobra apparently uses is not a regular Lampkin UTx and is in fact a piece of s***. So if you order that, expect to regrip it will a real UTx.

I now know what you mean. I had ordered mine with the UTx and swore they put the wrong grip on but after some investigating it does appear to have the same pattern as the UTx but not the grip I was expecting. No cord in it. Slippery as can be. Ill be replacing

Cobra LtdX LS - Fujikura Ventus Velocore Red/Purple 6S

Cobra SZ Tour - 16.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 7S

Cobra Radspeed Hybrid - 19 Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699u Pro 4i - Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699 Pro 5-AW - Project X 5.5 Flighted

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54 and RTX Zipcore 58

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 - MH insert at 38"

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS - Triple Track

... Grips are of course very personal. I don't use a glove and even though I have UTx on all my clubs, I like the Cobra version better than the more cord forward UTx grips. I find them even more tacky than the corded version as long as I wipe them during the round. I have been doing this since using my first Tour Velvet grips 35 years ago. But I can see where someone may like the more cord forward version better if they use a glove.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

Also FWIW - the "Lampkin UTx" grip that Cobra apparently uses is not a regular Lampkin UTx and is in fact a piece of s***. So if you order that, expect to regrip it will a real UTx.

I now know what you mean. I had ordered mine with the UTx and swore they put the wrong grip on but after some investigating it does appear to have the same pattern as the UTx but not the grip I was expecting. No cord in it. Slippery as can be. Ill be replacing

In their custom options menu online, the stock Cobra grip is a REL- not a UTx.

UTx is available but I think it's no upcharge. I ordered my hybrid with a Crossline Cord and that was a free option.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Just picked up my hybrid delivery! Everything is built as requested, and Cobra made good on the request for the heavier weight.

The matte black looks flat out mean. Now it's just fingers crossed that hitting shots with it will be just as impressive.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Appreciate the feedback. F9 has been amazing for me regarding ball speeds across the face, and your results of lower ballspeed from the F9 are definitely interesting. What shaft in the TS3, Smoke as well? With so many good options it really does come down to getting the right tweaks (lie, length, SW etc) with whatever head looks/sounds best to you. I hated the Smoke so don't give up on the F9 too quickly!

Appreciate the feedback. F9 has been amazing for me regarding ball speeds across the face, and your results of lower ballspeed from the F9 are definitely interesting. What shaft in the TS3, Smoke as well? With so many good options it really does come down to getting the right tweaks (lie, length, SW etc) with whatever head looks/sounds best to you. I hated the Smoke so don't give up on the F9 too quickly!

Identical shaft in the TS3. It feels very similar during the swing. One thing I did not mention is that this is absolutely the best looking driver ever made by any company ever in the history of mankind. Every part of me wanted it to beat the TS3. I kept switching back and forth and finally my buddy looked me in the eyes and said "nothing is going to beat that titleist". I knew it was true.

I'm going to be hitting my LTD pro vs an F9 tomorrow (hopefully). I'll report back, although Golf Galaxy almost never had X flex shafts. May not be apples to apples.

Why not hit it with the shaft currently in your LTD Pro?

Keep in mind the ~10g difference in headweight. I'm wondering if during my test, if I had added headweight to the F9, that it would've performed better.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

I'm going to be hitting my LTD pro vs an F9 tomorrow (hopefully). I'll report back, although Golf Galaxy almost never had X flex shafts. May not be apples to apples.

Keep in mind the ~10g difference in headweight. I'm wondering if during my test, if I had added headweight to the F9, that it would've performed better.

I will if they let me.

And yeah I would bring lead tape if I could but I'm finding that with my speed plus the higher LTD head weight, I'm still needing more stability in the shaft. So perhaps a bit lighter head will be better, who knows.

I will if they let me.

And yeah I would bring lead tape if I could but I'm finding that with my speed plus the higher LTD head weight, I'm still needing more stability in the shaft. So perhaps a bit lighter head will be better, who knows.

True. At my local PGA SS, the guy was nice enough to switch the shaft for me between the LTD Pro and F9. Even got a printout of the numbers, which was great.

Yea more headweight changes the flex of the shaft, so perhaps. Well, good luck and let us know your thoughts!

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

4 rounds in and hitting 65% (arccoss app) of the Fairways with the F9. Last round hurt that average with only 7/14 but all in all it was just a bad day of golf but brought it home in 75 after opening 40. Some reason I couldn't get comfortable over the any club and found out today after a brief range session I was setting up all clubs slightly closed that attributed to my poor driving round but helped put the emphasis on chipping and putting for a change. Love the look of the F9 and growing more and more attached to this club. The good news was no penalty shots just had a two way miss going the entire front nine. F9 will be the driver for 2019 so just going to continue to dial in over next few months before tournament season begins... I did recover from the front and go 6 of 7 on the back with one 3 wood tee shot on short par 4.

The hybrid is pretty darn nice. Hitting off crappy mats in gale force winds was not fun though.

It's sounds amazing and it didn't hook easily, which really impressed me. But, I had some trouble finding my own swing bottom and couldn't really say much more. I'll give the NV an honest chance and then look at maybe cutting it down with a heavier shaft.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Just arrived. F9 Tour Length. It looks better in person than I was expecting. Whoever said this looked closed at address, has me puzzled. Mine looks neutral to slightly open at address.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

Just arrived. F9 Tour Length. It looks better in person than I was expecting. Whoever said this looked closed at address, has me puzzled. My looks neutral to slightly open at address.

Agree with you there. When I saw these in person, they setup pretty square/smidge open but definitely not closed. The only real difference in angles I did notice immediately was the lie angle between the 9* and the 10.5* heads......for an obvious reason as the 9* heads are similar-ish to previous generation "+" versions.

BTW, nice looking club! Please review it.

Just arrived. F9 Tour Length. It looks better in person than I was expecting. Whoever said this looked closed at address, has me puzzled. My looks neutral to slightly open at address.

Agree with you there. When I saw these in person, they setup pretty square/smidge open but definitely not closed. The only real difference in angles I did notice immediately was the lie angle between the 9* and the 10.5* heads......for an obvious reason as the 9* heads are similar-ish to previous generation "+" versions.

Definitely want to hear feedback, ordered same shaft.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I got my F9 driver today, Avalanche with Smoke shaft. It may be the best looking driver I have ever seen. I hit the yellow version when I tried it, but the Avalanche looks simply fantastic. The shape with the matte to gloss looks really good.

Will have this out tomorrow and give it a go. Have a TS3 and SZ to put up against it.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

It may be a while before I get an opportunity to get it out on the course. Will definitely give my thoughts, but I suspect that there will be many reviews by the time I get a chance to give my thoughts. It is a good looking driver.

Definitely want to hear feedback, ordered same shaft.

Looks like you and I have similar tastes in shafts.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

4 rounds in and hitting 65% (arccoss app) of the Fairways with the F9. Last round hurt that average with only 7/14 but all in all it was just a bad day of golf but brought it home in 75 after opening 40. Some reason I couldn't get comfortable over the any club and found out today after a brief range session I was setting up all clubs slightly closed that attributed to my poor driving round but helped put the emphasis on chipping and putting for a change. Love the look of the F9 and growing more and more attached to this club. The good news was no penalty shots just had a two way miss going the entire front nine. F9 will be the driver for 2019 so just going to continue to dial in over next few months before tournament season begins... I did recover from the front and go 6 of 7 on the back with one 3 wood tee shot on short par 4.

If it truly was a special driver then there would be no dial in period. It would be special from day 1.

Unless you didn't get fit...

I’m liking that we aren’t seeing any structural failures in any of this forum chatter. I feel bad for the TM boys having concerns with the carbon sole cracking. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

You should never test a driver or any club without using your regular golf ball. It eliminates one very important variable. Take a three pack with you.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

You should never test a driver or any club without using your regular golf ball. It eliminates one very important variable. Take a three pack with you.

I've only done the GG thing a handful of times but I've always brought in 2 of my Srixon XV's for data. Agree 100%

I put the 9 degree F9 with the stock Smoke 6.5 (turned to 8 with the heavier weight forward) in to play this week. What I will say is that on really good (perfect?) strikes I hit some absolute bombs that were definitely deeper than my Ping.

Was playing a G400 LST @ 7.6 degrees with a TPT 15 shaft.

What intrigued me more was that a couple of mishits ended up holding their line decently and keeping a reasonable amount of distance and I think this is going to be the biggest advantage--PRESERVED ball speed on toe and heel strikes. There was one drive in particular that I was certain would not carry a hazard because I caught it low on the face, but when I got up to the hazard, I had indeed carried it.

The feel and sound are great.

The HZRDUS Smoke is not a great shaft for me, and I have had some weird left shots, etc...

Bottom line is that I am having a Cobra adapter put on my TPT shaft to get a better idea of what this driver can do. Will report back.

Kind of disappointed with my DD's order so far. YES, the price is great so I guess I have to suck it up and wait but I see no proof of any delay with these drivers yet I'm being told there is one. On Cobras site, pick the F9 Tour length and it says in stock. GG same thing. My ship date of the 5th came and went with no word at all. Kind of sucks since I missed a couple unicorn winter days to go to the range and now its back to snow. Come on DD!! I might have to fire off another email.

DD has no impact on Cobra. Both of my clubs shipped well before DD's quoted estimated delivery date (both arrived days before they were actually supposed to ship)

The 6g weight, which is used in the tour model, shows up as back-ordered on Cobra's website so that is likely your bottle neck

My 3W came yesterday, I requested D3/43", atmos blue TS 7X. It came with the 19g weight versus the 15g stock

Kind of disappointed with my DD's order so far. YES, the price is great so I guess I have to suck it up and wait but I see no proof of any delay with these drivers yet I'm being told there is one. On Cobras site, pick the F9 Tour length and it says in stock. GG same thing. My ship date of the 5th came and went with no word at all. Kind of sucks since I missed a couple unicorn winter days to go to the range and now its back to snow. Come on DD!! I might have to fire off another email.

Give your fingers a break! DD is elite just a bit of patience