Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

Welp the wife just told my my F9 arrived this morning.

Bad thing is that in true Texas fashion, it went from 72 yesterday to 42 today! Damn the bad luck!

CP

When your wife told you did she say, “Honey, your new Cobra F9 Driver was delivered. I can’t wait for you to try it out” or did she do like my wife and say “Another $&);!? golf club arrived”?

42* is downright balmy. Break out a long sleeve and hit the snot out of that bad boy.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

From reading this thread, it seems as if many of you that have ordered,are choosing the the atmos black. Is there a reason for this shaft over the tensei pro orange besides up charge price?

I’m debating to order one with tensei pro orange,but just was wondering if the atmos black is like the tensei, without the high up charge. But,to me 250 for the orange is pretty decent. If the shaft is as a good as everyone says that has played it.

I would think the Atmos would be more comparable to the Pro white, but still not sure how close.

I think it being a real deal TS is what grabbed most people. I did not much care for the Smoke, so easy decision even though I have never hit a black 7s.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Welp the wife just told my my F9 arrived this morning.

Bad thing is that in true Texas fashion, it went from 72 yesterday to 42 today! Damn the bad luck!

CP

Don't frickin complain man. I got 2 feet of snow on Mon-Tues and will probably get close to another foot this weekend. The mountains and ski resorts ended up getting 7 feet of snow. The skiing has been ridiculous, though..... I have an f9 tensei pro orange combo taunting me from across the room as I type this. It will probably never see the light of day at the rate it's snowing out here, haha...

If anyone is wondering, I purchased a few extra weights to play with SW. It plays at 45" with the arccos grip and swing weights at D2-D2.5 with the 18g and 6g weights in the head. Total head weight of 206g. Head weight was 198g with stock weights installed.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

Just hit it again today vs M5 Tensei Orange 60X. F9 Atmos 6X gave me the same ballspeed on mishits that the M5 gave on center hits. Crazy. I averaged 159 mph on good strikes with the M5. Then hit F9 and couldn’t find the center for the first few. I literally hit a ball where the CNC milled face meets the sole of the club, 2 dimples visible below the line and got ballspeed of 157. I hit one off the top of the face on the line and still got 158. I’m not sure how Cobra did that.

Honestly don’t know what to do now. I hit 5 in a row with the M5 that could drop in a bucket at 270. Swings and dispersion were worse with the F9 but it is fast.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

yep, the real deal TS is what made it easy for me for sure. Im not a high spin player so hoping the TS Blue plays similar to my speeder evo V gamer.

Thank you for the reply. I use a kuro kage dual core silver 60x flex now. I really enjoy the Mitsubishi line of shafts. Started with the flower-band whiteboard. I did hit the atmos black tour spec 6s in the 9° F9 head. A bit dead feeling to me. Just me personally,as I’d didn’t notice any kick or pop. Why I wondered about the orange. Seems to be a bit tip stiffer than what I play,but does retain the smoothness in the middle part of shaft. I just have never hit a pro orange. Can’t even find one to demo. Just getting idea from those that have the TS model shaft. Appreciate it.

Just hit it again today vs M5 Tensei Orange 60X. F9 Atmos 6X gave me the same ballspeed on mishits that the M5 gave on center hits. Crazy. I averaged 159 mph on good strikes with the M5. Then hit F9 and couldn’t find the center for the first few. I literally hit a ball where the CNC milled face meets the sole of the club, 2 dimples visible below the line and got ballspeed of 157. I hit one off the top of the face on the line and still got 158. I’m not sure how Cobra did that.

Honestly don’t know what to do now. I hit 5 in a row with the M5 that could drop in a bucket at 270. Swings and dispersion were worse with the F9 but it is fast.

Add weight to the Cobra head to match the m5. Then call us in the morning as the saying goes. The F9 with the orange will be lighter feeling swing weight wise. Just probably messed your timing up a bit.

So I am interested in moving the heavy weight forward as that seems to be 'slightly' helping with some fade bias from what I am reading. Problem is I order the 9 degree head as I was told it is more fade biased than the 10.5. Concerned with moving the weight forward that I'll lose some launch angle and need to loft up.

Is it really true that there is a difference in bias in the heads? And is the Cobra, like others have mentioned other manufacturers do, actually just playing with lie angle as you go up and down? Basically I am STD setting on the 9 with the weight back. Want to try it forward and likely loft up .5 to 1 degree (dependent on numbers of course).

Trying it either way but hoping to gain some knowledge on what I am trying here.

In order to alter loft, manufacturers play with face angle and not lie angle as you stated. I never understood why not just design adapter to have setting to simply "bend" club strong or open without adjusting face angle, while adjusting "bounce" angle instead.

I don't know how Cobra does things.

Cobra's adapter doesn't change the face angle

So I am interested in moving the heavy weight forward as that seems to be 'slightly' helping with some fade bias from what I am reading. Problem is I order the 9 degree head as I was told it is more fade biased than the 10.5. Concerned with moving the weight forward that I'll lose some launch angle and need to loft up.

Is it really true that there is a difference in bias in the heads? And is the Cobra, like others have mentioned other manufacturers do, actually just playing with lie angle as you go up and down? Basically I am STD setting on the 9 with the weight back. Want to try it forward and likely loft up .5 to 1 degree (dependent on numbers of course).

Trying it either way but hoping to gain some knowledge on what I am trying here.

In order to alter loft, manufacturers play with face angle and not lie angle as you stated. I never understood why not just design adapter to have setting to simply "bend" club strong or open without adjusting face angle, while adjusting "bounce" angle instead.

They doesn't sound right.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Ok so I hit a couple drives off the back porch when I got home. I wasn’t warmed up so I can’t comment on performance yet, but sound/feel was amazing. Can’t wait to take it to the range and put it up against the LTD.

CP

Stealth Plus 9*  Ventus Blue Velocore 6X
Callaway epic flash 15* 2KXV Blue 7X
Callaway UW 19* Trono 75X
Miura MB001 4-PW KBS Tour X +1/2"
RTX Zipcore raw 52/56 mid

Vokey 60* M Grind
Bettinardi BB8W 

They doesn't sound right.

On any driver/fairway product page, for the MyFly8 with Smart Pad spot

8 easily adjustable loft settings allow players to manage launch and spin conditions to optimize distance. Smart Pad Technology keeps the face square at address regardless of the loft setting.

If anyone is thinking or interested, got a 9* avalanche colored head that I’m going to throw on BST in the next day or so.

Currently has a Tensei Pro White 70TX in it, not sure if I will get rid of the shaft yet or not, might depend on who’s interested. Will throw in a few additional weights with it.

Great driver but just not working out for me.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Black 7X

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-6 w/Project X 6.5

Titleist T-100S 7-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

On any driver/fairway product page, for the MyFly8 with Smart Pad spot

8 easily adjustable loft settings allow players to manage launch and spin conditions to optimize distance. Smart Pad Technology keeps the face square at address regardless of the loft setting.

While it doesn't seem to open/close as much as Taylormade, it does not always sit square. I've tried figuring out how they do it, but not sure honestly. It's something I've always struggled with their fairway woods. Since they default at 14.5 and I need about 15.5, but it closes the face a little and I hated that.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

Any bias on the 9 vs the 10.5 will be due to the lie angle being flatter on the 9. Why this is, I dont know, as I cant remember another head with different lofts that also had different lie angles as well. If the LH adapter or some other adapter method to flatten the lie is available, I would love to incorporate some fade bias that way.

Edit: As was mentioned above, I find my 10.5 to be about as neutral as you can get.

Yeah, sorry for the confusion, the LH adapter thing I heard on TXG didn’t sound right to me. Maybe I got wrong what they were saying. Here’s what Cobra published as to using a RH head with LH adapter, doesn’t indicate draw setting becomes fade.

Spring 2024

Callaway Mavrik Max 1W 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke 60

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3W 15° HZRDUS Smoke 70

Cobra LTDx LS 5W 17.5° HZRDUS Smoke 70

Cobra LTDx 4Hy 21° HZRDUS Smoke 80

Srixon ZU85 4U 23° / Z585 6i-7i / Z785 8i-AW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56° 60°
SeeMore Mini Giant DF / Piretti Teramo / MannKrafted MA99 Proto

https://www.golfwrx.com/660122/witb-golfwrx-members-edition-jbrunk/

Someone talk me out of buying the 3W

As much as I love the driver, I’ve had the 3 wood since the day I preordered it. It is for me, the best fairway I’ve ever played. So easy to hit straight and or work left and right, elevated easily but doesn’t balloon, just a game changer for me. The closest thing I can compare it to is the Adams 3446 “Clamshell” which was a club I couldn’t get rid of for 5-6 years of play. A club that I knew exactly where it was going and inspired confidence every time I pulled it out for a shot.

So, you asked to give you a reason not to buy it, but I personally think you’re crazy if you don’t. For me, it’s every bit as good as the driver and I actually prefer it to the driver.

Someone talk me out of buying the 3W

The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is how upright the lie angle is.

After seeing this I looked it up...only .25 degrees more upright than the M3. The Tour version is .5 degrees more upright.

You would think the tour would be 56* or 57* lie angle most.

I hate Cobra....i hate Cobra.

Why do you constantly make equipment that makes me question my loyalties!!

This driver might as well be Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Not so much Julia Roberts herself, but the character. A disney princess hooker, that you cant resist and you know you are in trouble....

Epic Flash....ok, the wife is getting some work done and maybe theres some hope there...but DAMN, the Cobra has that same manufactured look with the better feel and sound....I cant resist it!!!

And I am technically a wealthy, needy bachelor (in my own mind)...that is just looking for...an "arrangement".

No one ever found about my fling with the Cobra Pro-D 10 yrs ago....I can do it again, no one will find out.

163 ball speed is excellent, especially for your opponent when you are behind a tree or in a hazard.

Play the straighter club at 270.

If anyone is thinking or interested, got a 9* avalanche colored head that I’m going to throw on BST in the next day or so.

Currently has a Tensei Pro White 70TX in it, not sure if I will get rid of the shaft yet or not, might depend on who’s interested. Will throw in a few additional weights with it.

Can you please let us know what was "not working" for you. The F9 didn't work for me either on trackman indoors, but I am still considering buying it to test in real world on the course, otherwise will have no other way to test it in play. The distance I got was really good even on mishits. But I just kept missing left. If you had similar dispersion issues I would love to know, as it will save me some money. Not sure if it was a launch monitor thing or not. Really wanting to like this driver, but already bought a different one and need somebody to talk me out of buying this one to save some money.

Can you please let us know what was "not working" for you. The F9 didn't work for me either on trackman indoors, but I am still considering buying it to test in real world on the course, otherwise will have no other way to test it in play. The distance I got was really good even on mishits. But I just kept missing left. If you had similar dispersion issues I would love to know, as it will save me some money. Not sure if it was a launch monitor thing or not. Really wanting to like this driver, but already bought a different one and need somebody to talk me out of buying this one to save some money.

The biggest issue for me, were directional and weight. I fell in love with the driver while doing driver testing for a local company, it beat out pretty much everything else that was coming out this year *, all of the testing was done indoors using GCQuad. Launch, direction, spin, etc. all looked really good, if there was any small dislike it was that I thought it was just a hair to heavy for my liking but that's something that could be adjusted. So I went ahead and ordered one, through a friend I was able to get a really good hookup. Once I got it out to the range and the course, I started to see a pronounced miss left with it or if I really guarded against it, it would start right but still have a decent amount of left movement. Perhaps some swing related issues a few times, but when I took it out Sunday for another full round I was trying out my buddies PXG Gen. 2, same shafts and everyone I hit with that found the middle of the fairway. I have toyed around with the weights, with the stock weights it just feels to heavy to me, its not comfortable in my hands but when I put the lighter 10g weight in it, it feels better weight wise but I saw increased dispersion issues.

Again, I think its a great looking driver, feels good and I think Cobra has a winner with it, but unfortunately it just was not matching up well for me outdoors.

*note: at the time I ordered the Cobra, I had not hit the M5/M6 or the Flash at testing, I had hit my asst. pros flash on the range a few weeks ago. TBH, something about the M5/M6 just did not excite me when they came out and I did not like the M3/M4 so I had kind of reserved myself to moving on from Tmade drivers, been using one since the R1. But after hitting them in testing the other day, both the M5/M6 were pretty close to the Cobra and I was actually pretty surprised by the M6 spin. M5 was around 2150 avg. and the M6 was 2250 avg., both had similar launch at around 15* and were within a yard of each other in carry and total distance. My AoA has been avg. around +5 and the launch angle had me a little concerned. The Flash SZ was nice as well, but was about 5yds behind the Tmade, I don't remember specific numbers on that though. Went out to my club yesterday to try the M5/M6 outdoors, forgot my gamer shaft at home so used one of the stock options, both are good drivers but even with the adapter set 1 notch lower they both seem to launch very high. Im going back out this afternoon to try them again with my shaft, but that would be my one concern with the Tmades, and im still not sure how I feel about twist face. Will get the Flash SZ out on the course some as well, the PXG is just lurking in the back ground, but I think distance and ball speed wise it might be lacking just a hair compared to the others.

For anyone who might have been interested, this has been sold.

The biggest issue for me, were directional and weight. I fell in love with the driver while doing driver testing for a local company, it beat out pretty much everything else that was coming out this year *, all of the testing was done indoors using GCQuad. Launch, direction, spin, etc. all looked really good, if there was any small dislike it was that I thought it was just a hair to heavy for my liking but that's something that could be adjusted. So I went ahead and ordered one, through a friend I was able to get a really good hookup. Once I got it out to the range and the course, I started to see a pronounced miss left with it or if I really guarded against it, it would start right but still have a decent amount of left movement. Perhaps some swing related issues a few times, but when I took it out Sunday for another full round I was trying out my buddies PXG Gen. 2, same shafts and everyone I hit with that found the middle of the fairway. I have toyed around with the weights, with the stock weights it just feels to heavy to me, its not comfortable in my hands but when I put the lighter 10g weight in it, it feels better weight wise but I saw increased dispersion issues.

Again, I think its a great looking driver, feels good and I think Cobra has a winner with it, but unfortunately it just was not matching up well for me outdoors.

*note: at the time I ordered the Cobra, I had not hit the M5/M6 or the Flash at testing, I had hit my asst. pros flash on the range a few weeks ago. TBH, something about the M5/M6 just did not excite me when they came out and I did not like the M3/M4 so I had kind of reserved myself to moving on from Tmade drivers, been using one since the R1. But after hitting them in testing the other day, both the M5/M6 were pretty close to the Cobra and I was actually pretty surprised by the M6 spin. M5 was around 2150 avg. and the M6 was 2250 avg., both had similar launch at around 15* and were within a yard of each other in carry and total distance. My AoA has been avg. around +5 and the launch angle had me a little concerned. The Flash SZ was nice as well, but was about 5yds behind the Tmade, I don't remember specific numbers on that though. Went out to my club yesterday to try the M5/M6 outdoors, forgot my gamer shaft at home so used one of the stock options, both are good drivers but even with the adapter set 1 notch lower they both seem to launch very high. Im going back out this afternoon to try them again with my shaft, but that would be my one concern with the Tmades, and im still not sure how I feel about twist face. Will get the Flash SZ out on the course some as well, the PXG is just lurking in the back ground, but I think distance and ball speed wise it might be lacking just a hair compared to the others.

Thanks for your response and for posting your findings on other drivers that you get a chance to test. Funny you mentioned the PXG, as that is the driver I bought and is coming in next week. I ordered it because of the great dispersion I had with it, as you have seen yourself. I don't mind giving up a few yards for accuracy, and hopefully that will be the case for me. Please PM me or post in the PXG thread your findings on the 0811X when you get a chance to test it. I actually got highest ball speeds with that driver, but Cobra wasn't far behind. Cobra did have more consistent ball speeds, even on mishits. Cobra was like 159mph ball speed no matter what. PXG was 161mph, but on mishits could lose 3-5mph. Same with my gamer, Epic SZ.

I really want the Cobra to work for me as ball speeds seem very consistent across the whole face, and that is very intriguing.