Callaway epic flash? is this legit? (New Pics added Pg 1)

kjrules

Man, info has been so slow to come out. I'm losing the excitement! Right after getting the Christmas funds to buy the Epic Flash. TM is releasing info in a few days in their new stuff, wonder if Callaway will follow suit. I'm really hoping that they'll surprise us and release one or both of the two diamond versions.

You should see info from Callaway on the 4th.

Awesome, our show here is 1/4 - 1/6, so should get to see it all "in hand"

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure the "in hand" reveal will be reserved for the PGA Show/that time period. I think the 4th is the release of info to the public.

Would they really show up at a 3 day show at an events center in 2019 and not have some new product to show?

Cally going to bring Rogues?

They may in fact have live product at your show. I'm not sure how many they have ready, since even the testing program they have for it is still going on. I wouldn't be surprised if they hold it for official first public viewing until the PGA Show however.

I follow this guy a bit and he just posted some fitting videos with Callaway. If you read between the lines you can hear the fitter say that pro's have been seeing up to 4mph gains with Flash over Rogue. That's pretty crazy claims to make because most pro's already maximize ball speed with their strike, so for us mortal golfers we could maybe even see more.

I follow this guy a bit and he just posted some fitting videos with Callaway. If you read between the lines you can hear the fitter say that pro's have been seeing up to 4mph gains with Flash over Rogue. That's pretty crazy claims to make because most pro's already maximize ball speed with their strike, so for us mortal golfers we could maybe even see more.

At the end of the video there was audio of him hitting driver shots with ball speed over 180 with the flash. He said he has never done it before. 4-5 mpg of ball speed is huge...

At the end of the video there was audio of him hitting driver shots with ball speed over 180 with the flash. He said he has never done it before. 4-5 mpg of ball speed is huge...

He was around 114 chs.. Assuming perfect smash that's only about 170-172 on ball speed. Unless he started swinging much faster, seeing 180 would be pretty significant.

He was around 114 chs.. Assuming perfect smash that's only about 170-172 on ball speed. Unless he started swinging much faster, seeing 180 would be pretty significant.

Is 114/180 even possible without an impossible smash?

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

We will find out in due time..

I had the opportunity to get fitted for an Epic Flash SZ. I picked up 3-4 mph ball speed over my Epic SZ. Same shaft. The club is crazy...

For real? How is that possible? Epic SZ is absolutely longest driver that I have ever hiy

Flash face must not just be a gimmicky marketing ploy.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I had the opportunity to get fitted for an Epic Flash SZ. I picked up 3-4 mph ball speed over my Epic SZ. Same shaft. The club is crazy...

What was your ball speed before and after?

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

That would be almost a 1.58 smash, although it maybe technically possible I don't that club would be USGA conforming

That would be almost a 1.58 smash, although it maybe technically possible I don't that club would be USGA conforming

He did say that he was around 117 last time. So, if he got back to that, it would be less of a stretch, but still above the 1.5 smash.

I am still laughing at his comment about Cameron Champ. He feels it's not necessarily his swing that gives him the speed as much as having his equipment dialed in.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

152/1533 with my epic sz. 156/157 with the flash. I love my epic. I did not like the rogue. The flash was everything you could hope for.

The spin rates were very well controlled on the flash. I could not produce spin this low with the Epic SZ.

I then tried it with a few different shafts. I really liked the Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic, which is a new shaft option for Callaway.

How short will callaway build a driver. I currently play mine at 43.75, but the Flash SZ really intrigues me. Will they do custom orders to 44.25” or shorter? Would they add heavier weights to keep SW up?

I know with the original epic they were adding a 2nd weight for shorter builds. But not sure how short they will go.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

I've heard 1.56 is the absolute 10/10 perfect smash on trackman.

152/1533 with my epic sz. 156/157 with the flash. I love my epic. I did not like the rogue. The flash was everything you could hope for.

The spin rates were very well controlled on the flash. I could not produce spin this low with the Epic SZ.

I then tried it with a few different shafts. I really liked the Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic, which is a new shaft option for Callaway.

Is that a prototype head? My Epic Flash face doesn't look like that.

Seeing some ballspeed increases over my rogue SZ. Mainly on mishits. But when I catch one good my numbers are pretty much optimal for my liking.

Callaway National Fitters Board/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff
AI Smoke Max - Lin-Q M40X Blue 
AI Smoke Max 3W - Lin-Q M40X Red
AI Smoke Max 5W - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex UW - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex Pro 24 5-8, CB 9-11 - Recoil Dart 105
JAWS Raw 54W,60Z - Recoil Wedge Proto 110
Toulon Le Mans - UST All-In
Chrome Tour

What weight and flex is shaft? The fit looks great. I know nothing about that shaft. Was this the flash sz or standard flash head?

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway AI Smoke TD Tensei AV White 75 Stiff 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

Seeing some ballspeed increases over my rogue SZ. Mainly on mishits. But when I catch one good my numbers are pretty much optimal for my liking.

That looks great too. What was your setup?

Nice to see numbers with mid 100 swing speeds. So many of the reviews are with tx flex shafts on here.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway AI Smoke TD Tensei AV White 75 Stiff 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

Gotta love the age of 102 MPH SS and hitting it 290!

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Trackman under estimates CHS a touch, he's probably more like 105 (especially if that was hit a little toward the toe). Like when GCQ over estimates a little bit...Which is why you only see smashes on driver around 1.43 or 1.45 generally.

My biggest strength is the efficiency of my driver. I don’t swing very fast, but can keep up with some that swing faster than I do. It’s most likely due to my attack angle and really efficient spin loft.

Chrome Tour

That looks great too. What was your setup?

Nice to see numbers with mid 100 swing speeds. So many of the reviews are with tx flex shafts on here.

Same shaft as my Rogue. It’s a UST Mamiya Helium 49 gram F5 at 44 inches.

Chrome Tour