2019 Bag Is Set Challenge

Dan Drake

I think i only bought 1 club last year....i should be pretty good again this year. I'd like to buy some new stuff but i need to pay for a new HVAC system, new windows and most likely an initiation at a new golf club i'm joining....So new clubs are low on the list of priorities.

Cobra F8+ with NV 2KXV

Epic Subzero 3 wood w/ Black Tie 80

Steelhead XR 18 driving iron

2016 Apex Pro 4-PW

2016 Mack Daddy Forged 52-56-60

SGC NorthWood 400g putter

I might swap in a hybrid i already have, or a putter

I literally lasted one day until buying a new driver. But I did get a good deal on it

G400 MAX with black tie 80

Not sure which I will use once season starts

If you haven't "golfed" yet, you are technically still in!

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

I think i only bought 1 club last year....i should be pretty good again this year. I'd like to buy some new stuff but i need to pay for a new HVAC system, new windows and most likely an initiation at a new golf club i'm joining....So new clubs are low on the list of priorities.

Cobra F8+ with NV 2KXV

2016 Apex Pro 4-PW

I literally lasted one day until buying a new driver. But I did get a good deal on it

He might not golf until April (no really, depending on the winter) :)

Is there a final drop dead date regardless? March maybe?

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Something strange is going on, it’s January the 3rd and I’m still in this thing...........

Cobra LTD X LS 9.0 Fuji Atmos Black 6S

Cobra King LTD 14.5 Rogue Black 70S

Callaway Big Bertha II 5 wood RCH Firm

Taylormade 3 iron UDI Kuro Kage Black

Mizuno 921HM 5-GW 950GH Neo

Mizuno 923HM SW 

Mizuno 900HM Lw KBS C Taper Lite S

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Two

Cobra F8+ with NV 2KXV

2016 Apex Pro 4-PW

Could even be May!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

my first range trip in 2019 was yesterday and in my bag was:

Cobra Fly Z+ (9)

Callaway XR 5W (19)

TaylorMade R15 4H (21)

Cobra Fly Z+ (4-P)

Callaway MD2 (52/56/60)

EVNROLL ER3

TM M3 9.5*
Cobra King Ltd 15*
Callaway XR 18* 

Cobra Fly Z+ 4-P

Bridgestone J15 50*

Callaway MD2 56/60*

TM Spider X Navy Blue
Srixon Z Star

Not looking good for me... have bought a utility and a hybrid to fiddle with, that I might plan on rotating in depending on course length.

Also bought a new 52 deg but it is identical to my current (except black onyx instead of regular DG Wedge flex). That's kosher right?

Ping G400 LST 10 deg - Oban Kiyoshi White 04

Ping G400 16.5 deg - Oban Kiyoshi White 04

Ping i59 4-PW - PX IO 6.0, 1” long

Vokey SM7 Jet Black 52-56-60 

Scotty Cameron 2018 Newport 3

Is extending/shortening/tipping/resetting of shafts permitted? If so I'm in! I've not got everything assembled yet but also haven't hit a ball in 2019.

G20 10.5 Aldila VS Proto 65x

910F 15 Aldila NV 75X

Callaway Steelhead III 5W Uniflex Steel

Mizuno MX23 4 iron Rifle 5.5

Mizuno MX300 5 iron DGS300

Mizuno MP57 6-PW DGS300

Mizuno T10 54* DG Wedge

Cleveland 588 60* DG Wedge

Yes Pippi

Hopefully we can use this thread as a support group as we battle our addiction. Honestly this challenge is the only reason the Scotty Mil-Spec on BST is still there. Man do I hope that I make it at least a few months...definitely an uphill battle. Good luck everyone!

That is exactly the original intent of this thread. It's supposed to be like an AA meeting for those with a BST addiction!

Not looking good for me... have bought a utility and a hybrid to fiddle with, that I might plan on rotating in depending on course length.

Also bought a new 52 deg but it is identical to my current (except black onyx instead of regular DG Wedge flex). That's kosher right?

This is just like golf, you are your own referee. That said, the only way you stay in the BISC and change a club in/out of your bag is if you have to replace a broken one. As that is not the case here, and the shafts are different as well, I'd say you are teetering on the edge here, lol!

Remember, there is no shame in getting kicked out of the BISC, mainly because it means you have new toys to play with! That said, it also means you have a "problem" that needs more professional help than a random internet forum thread can provide!!! :taunt:

Is extending/shortening/tipping/resetting of shafts permitted? If so I'm in! I've not got everything assembled yet but also haven't hit a ball in 2019.

910F 15 Aldila NV 75X

Mizuno MP57 6-PW DGS300

Mizuno T10 54* DG Wedge

Yes Pippi

Yes, working on your clubs is absolutely acceptable within the bylaws of the BISC, in fact, it is promoted as a viable way to scratch the itch while also learning a new skill. Swingweight, MOI, lead tape, tip them, extend them, torch them, strip them, new ferrules, re-grip them, Frankenstein the crud out of them, whatever you want to do!

Good luck everyone and remember, as the Grand Poobah of the BISC, I will also be unceremoniously kicked out here in the very near future (most likely about 7-10 business days after Demo Day at the PGA show on Jan. 22!! :golfer: ) , so don't sweat it too bad when you get that eBay itch!

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

Need a rules official.

I hit balls two days ago. My M6 has yet to arrive. I stated earlier that it’s on order. When it arrives and gets added to the bag does that disqualify me?

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Only two clubs stayed in the bag thru 2018. Irons and putter. Feeling pretty good going into 2019. Only concern is possibly switching shaft in my 3 Wood at some point in the year. Hoping to not do that.

Mizuno jpx900 8.5 w/ Speeder Evol II 569

Mizuno ST180 3 Wood w/ CK Blue

Mizuno jpx900 19 degree hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro

Bridgestone J15cb 4-pw w/ DG Pro s300

Mizuno s18 Wedges 50,54,58 w/ DG Wedge

Machine m2 adjuster Putter

Hopefully we can use this thread as a support group as we battle our addiction. Honestly this challenge is the only reason the Scotty Mil-Spec on BST is still there. Man do I hope that I make it at least a few months...definitely an uphill battle. Good luck everyone!

That is exactly the original intent of this thread. It's supposed to be like an AA meeting for those with a BST addiction!

This is just like golf, you are your own referee. That said, the only way you stay in the BISC and change a club in/out of your bag is if you have to replace a broken one. As that is not the case here, and the shafts are different as well, I'd say you are teetering on the edge here, lol!

Remember, there is no shame in getting kicked out of the BISC, mainly because it means you have new toys to play with! That said, it also means you have a "problem" that needs more professional help than a random internet forum thread can provide!!! :taunt:

910F 15 Aldila NV 75X

Mizuno MP57 6-PW DGS300

Mizuno T10 54* DG Wedge

Yes Pippi

Yes, working on your clubs is absolutely acceptable within the bylaws of the BISC, in fact, it is promoted as a viable way to scratch the itch while also learning a new skill. Swingweight, MOI, lead tape, tip them, extend them, torch them, strip them, new ferrules, re-grip them, Frankenstein the crud out of them, whatever you want to do!

Good luck everyone and remember, as the Grand Poobah of the BISC, I will also be unceremoniously kicked out here in the very near future (most likely about 7-10 business days after Demo Day at the PGA show on Jan. 22!! :golfer: ) , so don't sweat it too bad when you get that eBay itch!

Uh oh, we will just have to keep it sidelined for as long as I can tolerate haha!

Ping G400 LST 10 deg - Oban Kiyoshi White 04

Ping G400 16.5 deg - Oban Kiyoshi White 04

Ping i59 4-PW - PX IO 6.0, 1” long

Vokey SM7 Jet Black 52-56-60 

Scotty Cameron 2018 Newport 3

I am about to throw my hat in, been waiting for a 5 iron replacement and a new putter, order will be placed soon.

I wonder if I can make it not buying one of the new divers....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Changing a shaft does not change the club. They should be allowed, particularly with woods that have adapters. That's the whole point of them along with loft adjustment. Are you going to say if I put a new transmission in my car, that it is a different car???

Not particularly, but changing the engine sure does make it different, and that's what the shaft is :)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Driver - Epic 9° Matrix red tie S flex

3W - Cobra F7 15.5° stock S flex

Hybrids - Cobra F6 19° and 23° stock S flex

Irons - Mizuno JPX900 Forged 5-GW DG S300 S flex

Wedges - Callaway MD3 54/10 and 60/9

Putter - Odyssey black O-Works tank #7

Let's see how long these wedges and hybrids last. There are in the most danger of being replaced.

giphy.gif

Wedges got replaced. Mizuno blue T7 54/8 and 60/6

JRTTvNTl.jpg

2 weeks into the new year, and i've already replaced my 3wood. Heard a slight rattle in the head, and decided bring it to the shop to have it looked at. Repair guy fiddles with it and gives it a couple firm taps on the ground, and SNAP...shaft breaks off at the hosel. RIP Nike VR Pro Ltd 3w. But since, i haven't taken any swings with any clubs until yesterday, when i got fitted and bought on the spot a new (used) Ping G400 3w stretch, i can put myself in this challenge.

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5˚ - KuroKage Tini xstiff

3W: Ping G400 stretch 3wood - Tour stiff

5W: Nike VR Pro ltd 5w - VST silver

3i-PW: Nike VR ProCombo

Wedges: Nike Engage 55˚ & 60˚ toe sweep

Putter: Ping Karsten TR 5

I give it a couple months until the 5w gets swapped for Ping as well.

Changing a shaft does not change the club. They should be allowed, particularly with woods that have adapters. That's the whole point of them along with loft adjustment. Are you going to say if I put a new transmission in my car, that it is a different car???

Not particularly, but changing the engine sure does make it different, and that's what the shaft is :)

Actually the body is the power (engine) that powers the transmission (shaft/club).

Played my first round of 2019! Walked 18 holes and boy it was awesome! Shot my 2nd lowest round ever (93 - not the greatest I know)! Loving the bag set up so far! I'm hoping I can break 90 this year!

There's nothing wrong with a 93. I think keeping the bag steady should help you break 90 versus changing out equipment.

DT

It's that time of year again!! How long into the new calendar year can you last without changing clubs in and out of the bag?

Predictably, last year, most of us failed, often spectacularly. Our 2018 "first place" fail was on Jan. 3rd, which was 2.5 days longer than our "winner" from 2017!!! The next wave seemed to come at around the 10 day mark, so I advise this year's contestants to put Jan. 10 on the calendar and just don't go anywhere near anything golf-ish on that day! Once again, the vast majority of the casualties happened about a month in, for whatever reason, so do what you have to do during that time as well. Personally, I'm going to look for a sponsor! And once again, Mych was easily the best/worst follow through the journey. He was honest, open, persistent, and yet completely and totally doomed all at the same time!!!

All in good fun fellas, I bowed out laughably after just one month and 5 days this past year, worsening my performance from 2017 by exactly a week. 27 holes was all I made it through. 27 stinkin' holes. Awful. I'm not sure if anyone actually who "entered" actually made it through 2018 and into immortality by keeping the entire bag set, but we all really know that isn't the point! :cheesy:

Anyhow, Here are the rules for 2019's "Bag is Set" club:

1. You must set your bag BEFORE your first golf-like activity of 2019. First round, first range trip, first trip to the practice green, first session hitting balls in your $2,800 garage simulator setup, whatever. Post your full bag setup in this thread to "set" your bag.

2. Put your bag in the post on this thread before you engage in that first golf-like activity of the year. It doesn't have to be on Jan. 1, but posting it in the middle of June just isn't really in the spirit of this whole fiasco. Also, posting "See sig" in a post doesn't work for this Challenge because the signature can change without record. Please, no editing your original post either. We need hard evidence, people!

3. Grips and specs are the only thing that may be changed throughout the year. You may adjust lofts, lies, swing weights, MOI, paintfill, etc. and you may replace/change grips. But, no new heads, shafts, 15th clubs, etc. It's supposed to be a challenge!

4. There is no fame, fortune, and very little glory for completing this challenge, at least none that I'm aware of. In fact, now that I think about it, ridicule will be the most likely result, win or lose.

5. Check back in if (when) you change something. It's part of the fun!

Decisions on the Rules by the Committee (me, lol!) - a. You may replace a broken club with a new/different club, but you may NOT intentionally break a club, just so you can replace it, lol! b. All wagers placed on the 2019 BIS Challenge shall be paid in full. Failure to do so will result in permanent banning from all future BIS Challenges!

As is my custom, I will be waiting until 1/1/19 to officially post my bag. Honestly though, that doesn't matter a hill of beans, as it is the exact bag I have now and the exact bag I'm going to wreck as soon as Callaway comes out with the Epic Flash fairways (and probably the PM Grind 2.0 wedges as well)!!!

I’m 10 days late to this but keen to see how long I can rock the same setup

I’m from Wellington, New Zealand. The courses I play here are very windy, so a range of options are required. Arguably the Fly Z+ is my most important club as it’ll keep under the wind most of the time and still get good distance which sets up a scoring opportunity.

I’m going to demo a 2i driving iron soon that may see one of the hybrids being pulled. Otherwise, I’m hoping to stick to this for as long as I can. (Currently of a 9 HC).

D 9* Cobra F7

3W/D2 13.5* Cobra Fly Z+

5W 18* Titleist 915F

4H 22* TM Jetspeed

5H 25* TM Jetspeed

5 - 9i Callaway X Proto

PW 48* (95m) Cleveland 588

SW 54* (70m) Cleveland 588

LW 60* (55m) Cleveland 588

Putter Taylormade TP Ardmore

This will be easy for me as I really now have a set that give's me some great results and the confidence I need when my shot needs to count. I'am tempted to try out the M5 but not for the asking price but here is my bag for 2019

Driver: TaylorMade M3 9.5 w/ UST Mamaya Attas Cool shaft....sneaky long and 60% of the time in the fairway

3W: Royma F2 13* with Japan Graphite Design shaft.....low launcher with a lot of roll, my mini driver

5W: S-Yard XV 18* with Japan Fujikura shaft.... Almost as long as some of my pervious 3W that I used to own, but much more accurate

7W: Kamui Works 21* with Japan Fujikura shaft.... I rotate this between my 4I. Easy to get up in the air no matter what the lie is.

4I thru PW: TaylorMade P790 with Recoil shafts: Nice sounding great feeling and awesome looking with the confidence I need when needed to make that shot that is a must

Wedges: Vokey SM 52* and 58* What else needs to be said...my scoring clubs

Putter: Bettinardi Armegeddon BB 56 34" putter. Nothing magical but sometimes the ball just seems to find the bottom of the cup better than any blade putter I've own

Back up putter: Odyssey Lucky 777 CS 34" putter. Another putter that I'll never sell as these are 2 of the best putters I've ever own as it's hard to rotate them when they both perform

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Well I've played once since the year started with the bag below and I'm gonna try and stay with it. Don't care if I'm late to this because you win nothing anyway.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

I will likely only last through the lesson pack my wife got me for Christmas, after that I plan to go for a full fitting. However, truthfully even before the lessons, I am contemplating the Mizuno MP18 MB's or the Ping iBlades given the numbers I have been able to accomplish with them on the trackman.

Driver: Honma TW737 445 Driver 9.5 with stock stiff shaft

3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75

5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 Degree w/Accra 182H M3

Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 Nippon Modus 120

Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TFW 62 Degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7

Cobra F8+ with NV 2KXV

2016 Apex Pro 4-PW

Do lessons count as "golfed"? Nothing on course, just range or hitting bay.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Cobra F8+ with NV 2KXV

2016 Apex Pro 4-PW

August Maybe ?? :blind: