2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

The GOAT (merged)

playa

I half wondered when I went to sleep last night, did Tiger make a deal with the devil to get back here, I'm dead serious.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

Personally I don't think major titles alone are the litmus for GOAT. I remember golf pre Tiger and post Tiger, and to me no one has had a more profound impact than Tiger - in so many ways. Sorry to others, but to me Tiger is GOAT for now because there will be another to come along to challenge and I will hopefully be a witness to it...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

I can't believe it. I'm truly in awe of this win by Tiger. These past 22 years have gone by in a blink of an eye. I was 21, not a husband, not a father and played a lot of golf. Now I'm a husband, father of 4, still play a lot of golf and its hard not to get emotional about how the hug with his kids mirrors life for a lot of us. I'm no longer here for the arguments and swing discussions but damn, today was a great day.

• Like 2

> @RobotDoctor said:

> > @Forged4ever said:

> > > @Christosterone said:

> > > You’re one of my favorite posters on the site...and Tiger is probably the GOAT

> > > But Jacks 1975 win was absurdly deep...

> > > This was when Johnny Miller, Trevino and Weiskopf were at the height of their power...

> > >

> > > Look at this leaderboard...

> > >

> > > 7vc761nd7v9m.jpeg

> > >

> >

> > Yeppers Chris, there’s a lot of HoFers on that board?

> >

> > Lololol, Weiskopf, lolol...

> >

> > That poor bas****, lmao?

> >

> > He still can’t believe what happened that Sunday afternoon??

> >

> > Stay well my Friend?

> > RP

>

>

> Wasn’t Weiskopf major champion winner? :) I wouldn’t make light of that. Keep in mind he came in 2nd and 3rd a few times in majors. He just couldn’t close.

Yea, as has been mentioned above, he indeed did win The Open Championship and had four runner-ups at Augusta and a T2 in the US Open, along with a third, I believe, in the PGA Championship.

He was his generation’s Norman, though Norman was chasing no particular windmill, he was just an idiot who couldn’t close, while Weiskopf was wrapped tighter than a drum and couldn’t adapt to being “the next Jack.”

As Jack stated, if he had had Weiskopf’s swing, he’d have had “at least 10 more majors.”

He definitely earned his nickname “The Towering Infermo,” lolol.

A 3-Time Ryder Cupper, he did nothing to endear himself to either his teammates, fellow Pros along with the fans when he passed on his 1977 selection to go big-game hunting.

That being said, Weiskopf was in Jack’s shadow going back to his Buckeye days and the weight was too much to bear for him, and though he had a decent career, it didn’t come close to his talent level though he also bagged a Senior Major, the ‘95 US Senior Open.

I got to Play with him in the late 90’s and the only other Players that I’ve ever Played with or seen up close who hit a 3i like Weiskopf was Norman and JD. They dropped out of the sky like 7i’s, and he was in his late 50’s at the time. Incredible swing!!

Bottom line, he was a mental midget, and I alternatingly found that to be both sad, and following a few of his Normanesque mental meltdowns, hillarious.

What can I say, I’m an a**hole, lol?

Stay well?

RP

• Like 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > @MaxBuck said:

> > > > > @youdamantiger said:

> > > > > I posted this after the 2018 Tour Championship:

> > > > >

> > > > > "The top 29 players in the world got beat today by a 42 year old man only 18 months removed from a spinal fusion and five years removed from his last win. Among the current crop of pros there isn't a truly generational player in the bunch. The only one to have even a remote claim to that title is Rory and he enjoys that status only because he went through two 10 month stretches during his career in which he putted half-way decent. These guys are simply posers. Just placeholders to bridge the gap between Tiger and Phil and the next era of history-book players. Similar to the way the players in the mid 90's bridged the gap between the era of Watson, Ballesteros, and Faldo and the era of Tiger and Phil.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Going forward, I hope Tiger gets back to number one and beats these guys like a drum. Just to show them what excellence, grit, and ​consistency really mean. I used to believe Tiger would have a hard time competing on the current Tour because these 'young guns' were sooo good. In short, I bought the hype. I realize now that I was wrong. They're pretenders content to cash their six-figure checks for second place and Instagram their brocations in the Bahamas. I'm sure a crop of players will emerge in the near future and take the game of golf to new heights of greatness but this current generation is about as bland as lukewarm tap water. If they enter the final round 10 shots out of the lead you can bet your **** they'll shoot a 64. If they're two shots off the lead heading into the final round you can bet your **** they'll shoot a 74. In the grand sweep of golf history these guys are going to be nothing but a blip on the radar. They have talent a mile wide and desire an inch deep."

> > > > >

> > > > > I posted this after Phil won in Mexico this year:

> > > > >

> > > > > "Not really apropos of his schedule but I was just thinking about how amusing it is that folks here spend so much time fluffing this new generation and how hard it is to compete on Tour and how everyone is so fit and how these bloodthirsty young golfers will rip your head off and **** down your neck. Yet last September they got beat by a 43 year old semi-retired dude coming off a back fusion. Then this week they got beat by a 48 year old fat guy with Psoriatic arthritis."

> > > > >

> > > > > Seems entirely appropriate to repost those now. Whether you come down on the Jack or the Tiger side of the GOAT debate, I think we can all agree that the current generation of players on Tour are soft as Charmin. Their musical chair mediocrity was laid bare today. bscinstnct made a really great point in another thread today when he said that, with this Masters win, Tiger destroyed "the mentality" that believes it's impossible to dominate on the modern Tour. And that's so true. It's that same mentality that made the generation of Faxon, Couples, Love, Wadkins, Jacobsen, et.al a placeholder generation. They thought the Tour couldn't be dominated either. Then Phil and Tiger came along and said "Eff that."

> > > > >

> > > > > I've heard the argument that because more players are participating now and the game has gone worldwide that the talent pool is much deeper and therefore pro golf can't be dominated like in the past. If that's true can someone please explain the NBA? It has hundreds of millions more participants than golf. There are youth NBA camps in almost every country in the world developing burgeoning talent. Basketball is more popular worldwide than golf, it is easier and cheaper to play, it has grown exponentially in popularity and participation the past 20 years, and the number of foreign players in the NBA have exploded. And yet there are still superstars in the NBA dominating the game.

> > > > >

> > > > > There is nothing inherently unique about the game of golf that insulates it from being dominated. Every field of human endeavor, from the arts to the sciences to sports has giants who stand head and shoulders above the crowd. Why would golf be any different? Looked at another way, over the past 10 decades, from the 1920s to the 2010s, golf has only had two decades (the 1990s and the 2010s) with no dominant players. The other eight decades did have dominant players. So why would anyone think non-dominance is the norm?

> > > > >

> > > > > Like bscinstnct said, the only thing holding back these players is their mentality. They're shackled by their own lack of self-belief. They're content. And contentment is the enemy of excellence. I have no doubt that within 10 years a young player will show up and beat the **** out of these guys. And they'll look around wide-eyed, wondering if anyone got the plate number of the bus that hit them.

> > > >

> > > > I'm honestly dismayed by the notion that appreciating the excellence of the winner isn't enough; it's obligatory also to depreciate those who failed to win.

> > >

> > > But this has been a long time coming.

> > >

> > > Look, the young guns have no frame of reference. I dont blame them. Even the media got sucked into the notion that these guys are all so damm good, its as good as it gets.

> > >

> > > Then

> > >

> > > Along comes old man, 4 back surgery, knee surgery, no acl, couldnt walk much less play not long ago, covered with mental scar tissue

> > >

> > > Tiger Woods

> > >

> > > And trashes them all in their primes and in their house ; )

> > >

> > > Makes us (and them) think a little. Right?

> >

> > Like, “Wow, this dude is as good as Danny Willett!”

>

> Lol, youre killin me cdn ; )

>

> But if you look at the guys right behind TW today, its a good chunk of the uber golf pack,

>

> BK, DJ, Day, FM, Rahm.

>

> DJ and Rahm must be blown away, for example seeing TW do that. DJ has no green jackets in how many tries? TW comes back after back fusion and wins one within months.

I bet these guys know Tiger more than you or I do. They would never believe some of the stuff debated here.

GOAT debate aside, let's all just take a small step back and appreciate today for what it was, and what we all doubted, at one point or another, would ever take place again. 15 is what I wanted out of him, and well, he got it. The rest is just gravy on top from here on out....

• Like 1

Edel Brick

Other point I want to add is, can we all get into agreement that 18 is the benchmark for GOAT for the staunchest of Nicklaus supporters? 18/84 has got to be the least level at which he surpasses Nicklaus, even for the most stubborn in Jack's corner. Also, no one cares about 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th yadda, yadda unless you're Jean Van de Velde, so lay the 1st loser argument to bed if 18/84+ becomes a reality. Lean on 18 major wins as your argument, this second place nonsense only muddies your already crystal clear argument.

You finish 2nd in Soviet Russia, you're possibly losing a limb!!!!

Edel Brick

Imagine if Tiger was never born and his accomplishments were split between Els, VJ, Goosen, Love, and Duval among others with Mickelson getting the largest share. Those numbers would add up to make the era appear as deep as the current era that came to be while Tiger was battling physical and personal problems. Many of which are of his own doing. Phil may have doubled his win totals, but would he have earned more money? Most any player from the late nineties into the early two thousands goes out of their way to say how much money Tiger brought to the game. It’ll be interesting if club contracts regain some steam if Tiger stays competitive for a two or three year stretch.

lf you talk about GOAT, then you need standards. To be honest most people are not even equipped for the coversations. Is TW the GOAT? Entirely depends on HOW you measure. If you count by finishes in Majors then he does't have a realistic chance & hasn't for 15 years at least. What's been lost in recent discussion is all of Jacks top 3 finishes. If you go by finishes, wins vs strength of fields, or relative to peers you may come to a different answer. We lose so much by having these nebulous standards. I always ask myself if X is 1, Y is 2, then who are 3-4-5? Often it's enlightening. When Jack was understood to have passed Bobby Jones how much credance is given to how many more opportunities Jack had? That 50% of J's total opps B. Jones never had? That fully 6:18 of Jacks wins were in Bob's tourament? I do have an opinion, but I just ask that you try to treat the players somewhat fairly as you express yours. FWIW I think the longview suggests Young Tom, Varden, Jones, Hogan, Jack and TW are closer than many might think.

Well said. 22 years ago, I was in the same place in life as yourself albeit 23 years old. Watching him embrace his kids and mom made me choke up. Especially with having 2 young kids myself. Whatever side one stands on the man, it’s undeniable how much this comeback beat insurmountable odds. 2 words: back fusion ffs!

> @glcoach said:

> I can't believe it. I'm truly in awe of this win by Tiger. These past 22 years have gone by in a blink of an eye. I was 21, not a husband, not a father and played a lot of golf. Now I'm a husband, father of 4, still play a lot of golf and its hard not to get emotional about how the hug with his kids mirrors life for a lot of us. I'm no longer here for the arguments and swing discussions but ****, today was a great day.

• Like 1

> @bogeyk said:

> Imagine if Tiger was never born and his accomplishments were split between Els, VJ, Goosen, Love, and Duval among others with Mickelson getting the largest share. Those numbers would add up to make the era appear as deep as the current era that came to be while Tiger was battling physical and personal problems. Many of which are of his own doing. Phil may have doubled his win totals, but would he have earned more money? Most any player from the late nineties into the early two thousands goes out of their way to say how much money Tiger brought to the game. It’ll be interesting if club contracts regain some steam if Tiger stays competitive for a two or three year stretch.

Heck, DiMarco would be a Hall of Fame candidate. Tiger robbed him of two majors with miraculous stuff at 2005 Masters (7 straight birdies in a round, plus the miracle chip-in at 16) and maybe the greatest iron play we have ever seen at the 2006 British Open.

• Like 1

> @redfirebird08 said:

> > @bogeyk said:

> > Imagine if Tiger was never born and his accomplishments were split between Els, VJ, Goosen, Love, and Duval among others with Mickelson getting the largest share. Those numbers would add up to make the era appear as deep as the current era that came to be while Tiger was battling physical and personal problems. Many of which are of his own doing. Phil may have doubled his win totals, but would he have earned more money? Most any player from the late nineties into the early two thousands goes out of their way to say how much money Tiger brought to the game. It’ll be interesting if club contracts regain some steam if Tiger stays competitive for a two or three year stretch.

>

> Heck, DiMarco would be a Hall of Fame candidate. Tiger robbed him of two majors with miraculous stuff at 2005 Masters (7 straight birdies in a round, plus the miracle chip-in at 16) and maybe the greatest iron play we have ever seen at the 2006 British Open.

Imagine Sergio’s career trajectory had he won his first major at Medinah in 99....

> @Golfnutgalen said:

> It's been a few lean years for Tiger, but now he has 23 years between his first and most recent major victory. I think we can stop with the "Tiger had no longevity" **** now.

>

> Whoa, they automatically censored that c-word? I didn't think it was that bad! :D

I used the word s#xy the other day when describing a putter and it was censored wtf

Tiger's closing the actual WIN gap, better start pulling out obscure feats of losing, but being incredibly close to winning. It's called losing for a reason, don't add it to an argument about winning, please. Majors and wins only, Jack has Tiger until Tiger gets 18.

/thread.

Edel Brick

> @bogeyk said:

> > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > @bogeyk said:

> > > Imagine if Tiger was never born and his accomplishments were split between Els, VJ, Goosen, Love, and Duval among others with Mickelson getting the largest share. Those numbers would add up to make the era appear as deep as the current era that came to be while Tiger was battling physical and personal problems. Many of which are of his own doing. Phil may have doubled his win totals, but would he have earned more money? Most any player from the late nineties into the early two thousands goes out of their way to say how much money Tiger brought to the game. It’ll be interesting if club contracts regain some steam if Tiger stays competitive for a two or three year stretch.

> >

> > Heck, DiMarco would be a Hall of Fame candidate. Tiger robbed him of two majors with miraculous stuff at 2005 Masters (7 straight birdies in a round, plus the miracle chip-in at 16) and maybe the greatest iron play we have ever seen at the 2006 British Open.

>

> Imagine Sergio’s career trajectory had he won his first major at Medinah in 99....

Oh man, I have wondered that one for a long time. I believe that 1999 loss and the fact he could not bounce back from it quick enough led to the huge drought all the way to 2017. He also got beat a couple other times by Tiger (2002 U.S. Open and I wanna say 2006 British)? Then he gets beat by Harrington twice around that time as well. It all just turns into a huge monkey on the back for Sergio.

> @"A.Princey" said:

> Other point I want to add is, can we all get into agreement that 18 is the benchmark for GOAT for the staunchest of Nicklaus supporters? 18/84 has got to be the least level at which he surpasses Nicklaus, even for the most stubborn in Jack's corner. Also, no one cares about 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th yadda, yadda unless you're Jean Van de Velde, so lay the 1st loser argument to bed if 18/84+ becomes a reality. Lean on 18 major wins as your argument, this second place nonsense only muddies your already crystal clear argument.

>

> You finish 2nd in Soviet Russia, you're possibly losing a limb!!!!

If Tiger ties Nicklaus at 18 he gets the nod as GOAT in my opinion. His extra regular event wins would be the tiebreaker.

> @playa said:

> All doubt has been removed, Tiger is the greatest golfer to ever play the game. The way he dismantled that field on the back nine, at 43 years of age, is the greatest achievement in golf I've witnessed in my lifetime.

> Hopefully a few of the debates about Tiger that have been floating around here can now be put to bed. Today proves that prime Tiger would have crushed today's fields, and that it wasn't that the old fields were weaker, it's just that Tiger was and still is that good. Today he applied the blow torch on the back nine and they all collapsed under the pressure. Tiger coasted to the line today and crushed them without getting out of second gear, imagine what 2000 Tiger would do to these guys. He didn't even need the extra intimidation of Stevie on the bag to get it done ?

>

> In all honesty I think may be his last one, you could see how much it took out of him emotionally, and he said he has to get up at 4.45am just to have time to get his body ready for play. I got the impression that he had a point to prove, and now he's proven it he might give it all away. He has nothing more to prove, it wouldn't surprise me to see him retire. He came into majors on top winning his first attempt in 97, going out with a green jacket would be fitting.

>

>

Im super happy for him getting his jack in 86 monent but the hyperbole in your post is hilarious. You dont need to diminish Jack to elevate Tiger. It sounds like a desperate plea.If he finished 2nd today youd be saying the same thing.The debate is not closed.Lets enjoy the win and see what happens next. It could be his jack in 86 moment or he can possibly add to it. No one knows. He shot a 1 under 35 on the back with bookend bogeys."Hardly dismantled the field"on the back. He did what he had to and the guy in front backed up. Everything fell into place and he took his medicine when he had to. Molinari was up by 2 on 12, and had the honors, there was no torch applied, lets not rewrite what we just watched.I hope he breaks Jacks record or heck even tying it would be great but whether you like it or not today didnt settle anything.It added to his legacy.The thing im happiest about is that he came from behind finally in a major. He made some mistakes today but was steady.Played within himself and didnt give much away. I cant wait to see what he can do in the other majors this year to get a real idea. People who criticized him for taking a few weeks off for his neck can now see hes taking his health super seriously and wont risk playing in regular events if hes not 100%. its not worth it. Moving forward he should keep doing this.That will be his best chance at peaking at majors. As for your last sentence, he will not retire, come on!!! Guys like Phil and tiger will be in a wheel chair before they hang it up. they live for these opportunities

• Like 1

> @hell_is_chrome said:

> > @Ghostwedge said:

> > Last i checked..... most guys measure GOAT by World Series, NBA Championships, Super Bowls and MAJORS won. Still 18-15 fan boys.

> >

> >

> >

>

> Do you really believe Bill Russell is better than Jordan?

team sports versus individual sports is always the go to move in these debates and is disingenuous...

> @lowheel said:

I cant wait to see what he can do in the other majors this year to get a real idea. People who criticized him for taking a few weeks off for his neck can now see hes taking his health super seriously and wont risk playing in regular events if hes not 100%. its not worth it. Moving forward he should keep doing this.That will be his best chance at peaking at majors. As for your last sentence, he will not retire, come on!!! Guys like Phil and tiger will be in a wheel chair before they hang it up. they live for these opportunities

Yeah, I don't think winning today will make him want to "quit on top" so to speak. I think it will fuel his fire to win more of these events in the future. Today must be a huge confidence boost for him. He got major payback on Koepka & Molinari for last year's majors.

I agree 100% on the strategy with his schedule. Gotta protect his health. Regular events are just practice for him now. I like what he's doing with his driver swing now too, which seems to help protect his back. Swing 80% instead of 100%. Also helps find more fairways.

I've maintained for 10 years that if he could get healthy and stay healthy, he would rise back to #1. There's never been a time in his career when he didn't---he's an intrinsically better golfer than everyone else.

Having said that, there were some times when it wasn't clear if he could get healthy. Even I (a sometimes delusionally optimistic Tiger fan) was doubtful on his chances of ever winning another major. I think even Tiger was doubtful about that.

Him winning today is just unbelievable and he made it look relatively easy. I now think 19 is in reach.

• Like 1

> @youdamantiger said:

> > @"A.Princey" said:

> > Other point I want to add is, can we all get into agreement that 18 is the benchmark for GOAT for the staunchest of Nicklaus supporters? 18/84 has got to be the least level at which he surpasses Nicklaus, even for the most stubborn in Jack's corner. Also, no one cares about 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th yadda, yadda unless you're Jean Van de Velde, so lay the 1st loser argument to bed if 18/84+ becomes a reality. Lean on 18 major wins as your argument, this second place nonsense only muddies your already crystal clear argument.

> >

> > You finish 2nd in Soviet Russia, you're possibly losing a limb!!!!

>

> If Tiger ties Nicklaus at 18 he gets the nod as GOAT in my opinion. His extra regular event wins would be the tiebreaker.

Yup im of the same opinion and have been for almost 10 years and also that would mean he gets 4 majors in his 40s which for me is automatic best ever. Jack got 3 in his 40s so if Tiger gets 4 in his 40s to tie him its not a debate at that point and he has to get the nod

I cried when he tapped in. When you follow somebody’s ups and downs as closely as a lot of is did you can’t help but feel like you are the one with the injured back, the DUI, the history of success that you seem to only find with a search on YouTube. Him winning today made all the seemingly hopeless optimism worth it. Man it felt good to see hard work pay off. My question now..will he return back to world #1 and how long will it take him?

> @redfirebird08 said:

> > @lowheel said:

> I cant wait to see what he can do in the other majors this year to get a real idea. People who criticized him for taking a few weeks off for his neck can now see hes taking his health super seriously and wont risk playing in regular events if hes not 100%. its not worth it. Moving forward he should keep doing this.That will be his best chance at peaking at majors. As for your last sentence, he will not retire, come on!!! Guys like Phil and tiger will be in a wheel chair before they hang it up. they live for these opportunities

>

> Yeah, I don't think winning today will make him want to "quit on top" so to speak. I think it will fuel his fire to win more of these events in the future. Today must be a huge confidence boost for him. He got major payback on Koepka & Molinari for last year's majors.

>

> I agree 100% on the strategy with his schedule. Gotta protect his health. Regular events are just practice for him now. **I like what he's doing with his driver swing now too, which seems to help protect his back. Swing 80% instead of 100%. Also helps find more fairways. **

yup thats the key. He checked his ego last year and changed shafts.

• Like 1

> @lowheel said:

> > @playa said:

> > All doubt has been removed, Tiger is the greatest golfer to ever play the game. The way he dismantled that field on the back nine, at 43 years of age, is the greatest achievement in golf I've witnessed in my lifetime.

> > Hopefully a few of the debates about Tiger that have been floating around here can now be put to bed. Today proves that prime Tiger would have crushed today's fields, and that it wasn't that the old fields were weaker, it's just that Tiger was and still is that good. Today he applied the blow torch on the back nine and they all collapsed under the pressure. Tiger coasted to the line today and crushed them without getting out of second gear, imagine what 2000 Tiger would do to these guys. He didn't even need the extra intimidation of Stevie on the bag to get it done ?

> >

> > In all honesty I think may be his last one, you could see how much it took out of him emotionally, and he said he has to get up at 4.45am just to have time to get his body ready for play. I got the impression that he had a point to prove, and now he's proven it he might give it all away. He has nothing more to prove, it wouldn't surprise me to see him retire. He came into majors on top winning his first attempt in 97, going out with a green jacket would be fitting.

> >

> >

>

> Im super happy for him getting his jack in 86 monent but the hyperbole in your post is hilarious. You dont need to diminish Jack to elevate Tiger. It sounds like a desperate plea.If he finished 2nd today youd be saying the same thing.The debate is not closed.Lets enjoy the win and see what happens next. It could be his jack in 86 moment or he can possibly add to it. No one knows. He shot a 1 under 35 on the back with bookend bogeys."Hardly dismantled the field"on the back. He did what he had to and the guy in front backed up. Everything fell into place and he took his medicine when he had to. Molinari was up by 2 on 12, and had the honors, there was no torch applied, lets not rewrite what we just watched.I hope he breaks Jacks record or heck even tying it would be great but whether you like it or not today didnt settle anything.It added to his legacy.The thing im happiest about is that he came from behind finally in a major. He made some mistakes today but was steady.Played within himself and didnt give much away. I cant wait to see what he can do in the other majors this year to get a real idea. People who criticized him for taking a few weeks off for his neck can now see hes taking his health super seriously and wont risk playing in regular events if hes not 100%. its not worth it. Moving forward he should keep doing this.That will be his best chance at peaking at majors. As for your last sentence, he will not retire, come on!!! Guys like Phil and tiger will be in a wheel chair before they hang it up. they live for these opportunities

I agree that today's events did nothing to change the minds of those in the eternal Jack vs Tiger Debate. Those who consider Jack the GOAT still have their 18>15 and those on Tiger's side of the fence only find their opinion bolstered by his win.

The thing that makes Tiger so hard to beat at Augusta is that he simply never puts a big number in play. His career final round scoring average at Augusta is 70.3. Which means he's not going to go out there on Sunday and try to shoot a 65 by firing at No-No pins like Phil would do, but he's also not going to put a triple on the card like Phil would do. Nobody within striking distance this year put any heat on. The lowest round shot among the top 5-10 guys was a 68.

• Like 1