What up with Rory?

tsecor

> @airjammer said:

> > @Bye said:

> > Distance control.

>

> Direction control as well. Every time he swings and has that straight arm finish, I immediately start face palming without even following the shot because I know it probably won’t even be on the green with a wedge. He is one of the best at releasing the golf club, why in the world would you want to change your release???‍♂️

>

He definitely try’s to play that shot too often, and on the point of direction, he seems to miss or leave the ball on the wrong side a lot.

Every time he gets some momentum going it gets lost due to an airmailed green or one that comes up way short.

It’s made such a difference to DJ’s game.

Watching Rory at the moment is like watching Greg Norman in the late 80’s early 90’s

Taylormade Sim 2 Max - 10.5 Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR3 - @15.75 Tensei 1K Black 75X
Titleist TSR3 Hybrid - @20 Tensei 1K Black 85X

Titleist 620 CB  - 4 iron - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist 620 MB - 5-pw - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 - 52.08, 56S  & 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider Tour X - X3
Titleist - Pro V1

[https://adamyounggolf.com/the-golf-triad/](https://www.adamyounggolf.com/the-golf-triad/ "https://adamyounggolf.com/the-golf-triad/")> @Ferguson said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > why do you assume to know ANYTHING about the personal lives of these athletes? Its kinda strange how you are projecting this stuff. Come sit on the couch and let's talk. :) > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @jonsnow said:

> > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > > IMO Rory was always defined as a GOLFER, a Superstar, an International Phenom. I think that is why he surrounded himself with so many people he trusts, like his caddy. While he may not have the quintessential inner circle to deal with all things golf, he and Spieth surrounded themselves with people they know they can trust and get the business end taken care of. I think that has taken Rory quite a long time to put together. His play this year has shown he is probably the most talented guy on tour, but his putter keeps him from winning a lot more than he does. if he could putt he would have six majors by now. His marriage has nothing to do with his bad rounds. That is just silly imo

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Jordan Spieth - married - status of his game prior to the PGA?

> > > > > Not too good.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I'm sensing a pattern here, but I can't quite grasp it. If only there was someone who could clearly identify it & point it out to me... :*

> > >

> > >

> > > Let me explain using this rudimentary MOC (model of connections) as it relates to relationships and professional golfers.

> > > I call it the TRIAD principle.

> > >

> > > A = Player

> > > B = Golf

> > > C = Spouse

> > >

> > > w0hzu1ik00yv.png

> > >

> > >

> > > Examples of # 1 – the primary link of golfer and his vocation

> > > Tiger, early in his career before his marriage

> > > Bruce and his girlfriend, current career

> > >

> > > Example of # 2 – the primary link weakens due to the addition of the “dangling C”

> > > Jordan and Rors fall into this category

> > >

> > > Example of # 3 – the triad is complete making a strong link in both directions

> > > Jack’s marriage to Barbara

> > >

> >

> >

>

> When doubt - turn to the triad.

>

>

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > He’s a great player playing against a lot of other great players and there’s only four opportunities every year. You could make a thread on why Dj has only won one, rickie zero, spieth none in two years now etc.... oh wait... there are already those threads too

> >

> > The only Tiger thread I don't think I've ever seen is "Who would win: Ditka or Tiger?"

>

> That's because everyone knows it's DITKA.

Probably so.

• Like 2

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @Ferguson said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > Umm. he is not very good at putting...

> > To me this is where the argument stops. It's not about life and his wife and any outside things. I think he's keeping good perspective. The truth of the matter is that he's a below average putter, which is staggering to say because he's a bomber with the driver and accurate with his irons. If he even got to average, he'd be back to being a world beater.

> >

>

> How do you know everything in his life is peachy?

>

> The guy has all the necessary tools and talent. Putting is about thinking too much or thinking too little. Something has to be digging at this guy.

>

> I think he makes bad decisions - the "help" from Brad Faxon was one of them.

>

>

I don't. None of us do. He seems happy. But I'm also not going to say since he can't putt that means his wife beats him. That would be more of a Lucas Glover thing. :) Why do people have to look for controversy when someone's game goes sideways a little?

• Like 1

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I think the answer is fairly simple. The way course setup has changed in the past few years, mainly because of him and other long bombers, he's only good at 1 of the 3 things that you need win how all the majors are set up. You need to hit it very long (he does), you need to hit wedges very high out of the rough and land them on the green soft (he doesn't), and you need to putt fast greens from medium distance well (he doesn't). Rory is/was FANTASTIC at hitting his woods and long irons, but he might get to hit them 8 times a tournament now. I think until they change the set up of these courses, we're going to have to re-evaluate who is a great golfer based on the skills required to play succeed in these tournaments.

We saw what his results were when they played a big tournament on a course that's been heralded for not giving anybody a particular advantage (TPC Sawgrass).

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9° 

Fairway Wood: Taylormade SIM TI 15°, Titleist 917F2 18°

Irons: Ping i210 4-UW

Wedges: Titleist SM8 S-Grind 54°, 58°

Putter: Nike BC-01 33"

I understand J.P. Fitzgerald was getting hard on him, but he was a great caddie for Rory. I wish he would go back to him and dump the best friend/beer buddy. I’m sure Diamond is a fine player, but if Fitzgerald was too hard on Rory, Diamond may be too lax on Rory. I noticed changes after their split, and yes Rory has won since then, but not at the same rate as when Fitz was carrying the bag. I also noticed his enthusiasm about the Ryder Cup was not there, no spark.

Whatever it is I hope he gets it together, just a bit more, and show us the Rory we expect, the one we know can kick some serious behind.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > Umm. he is not very good at putting...

> > > To me this is where the argument stops. It's not about life and his wife and any outside things. I think he's keeping good perspective. The truth of the matter is that he's a below average putter, which is staggering to say because he's a bomber with the driver and accurate with his irons. If he even got to average, he'd be back to being a world beater.

> > >

> >

> > How do you know everything in his life is peachy?

> >

> > The guy has all the necessary tools and talent. Putting is about thinking too much or thinking too little. Something has to be digging at this guy.

> >

> > I think he makes bad decisions - the "help" from Brad Faxon was one of them.

> >

> >

> I don't. None of us do. He seems happy. But I'm also not going to say since he can't putt that means his wife beats him. That would be more of a Lucas Glover thing. :) Why do people have to look for controversy when someone's game goes sideways a little?

>

Who said anything about beatings?

There is nothing controversial about marital problems. Anyone who is married will attest that no marriage is perfect. Problems exist in all marriages.

To think a PGA pro has a perfect marriage "just because he is a PGA pro" is a little nearsighted.

> @Ferguson said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > Umm. he is not very good at putting...

> > > > To me this is where the argument stops. It's not about life and his wife and any outside things. I think he's keeping good perspective. The truth of the matter is that he's a below average putter, which is staggering to say because he's a bomber with the driver and accurate with his irons. If he even got to average, he'd be back to being a world beater.

> > > >

> > >

> > > How do you know everything in his life is peachy?

> > >

> > > The guy has all the necessary tools and talent. Putting is about thinking too much or thinking too little. Something has to be digging at this guy.

> > >

> > > I think he makes bad decisions - the "help" from Brad Faxon was one of them.

> > >

> > >

> > I don't. None of us do. He seems happy. But I'm also not going to say since he can't putt that means his wife beats him. That would be more of a Lucas Glover thing. :) Why do people have to look for controversy when someone's game goes sideways a little?

> >

>

>

> Who said anything about beatings?

>

> There is nothing controversial about marital problems. Anyone who is married will attest that no marriage is perfect. Problems exist in all marriages.

> To think a PGA pro has a perfect marriage "just because he is a PGA pro" is a little nearsighted.

>

I think my sarcasm font was busted. My apologies.

You're right in saying there's nothing controversial about marriage problems. I have over 21 years of experience in that and we've had our share of issues. I'm just saying people immediately run to an outside issue away from golf first in order to try to explain away problems on the course. It's not always that. It could just be that a guy isn't playing well because he's simply not playing well. We've seen all too often Rory for example, 3- and 4-putt from 15 feet. He definitely has that in his bag. I know I do. But we've also seen him pour in 30 footers like he had a laser line to the hole. I'm not the biggest Rory fan, but I'm certainly not a detractor. I'm saying we should give the guy a break and see if he can work out his issues. Despite his stellar play, his putting is holding him back from winning more than he does.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

> @Golfer4Life said:

> I understand J.P. Fitzgerald was getting hard on him, but he was a great caddie for Rory. I wish he would go back to him and dump the best friend/beer buddy. I’m sure Diamond is a fine player, but if Fitzgerald was too hard on Rory, Diamond may be too lax on Rory. I noticed changes after their split, and yes Rory has won since then, but not at the same rate as when Fitz was carrying the bag. I also noticed his enthusiasm about the Ryder Cup was not there, no spark.

>

> Whatever it is I hope he gets it together, just a bit more, and show us the Rory we expect, the one we know can kick some serious behind.

Why would he dump his caddy when he has 9 top 10s in 11 starts this season and has won 5+ million dollars? Seriously, y'all drunk or what?

why do you continue to assume he has issues in his marriage? > @Ferguson said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > Umm. he is not very good at putting...

> > > > To me this is where the argument stops. It's not about life and his wife and any outside things. I think he's keeping good perspective. The truth of the matter is that he's a below average putter, which is staggering to say because he's a bomber with the driver and accurate with his irons. If he even got to average, he'd be back to being a world beater.

> > > >

> > >

> > > How do you know everything in his life is peachy?

> > >

> > > The guy has all the necessary tools and talent. Putting is about thinking too much or thinking too little. Something has to be digging at this guy.

> > >

> > > I think he makes bad decisions - the "help" from Brad Faxon was one of them.

> > >

> > >

> > I don't. None of us do. He seems happy. But I'm also not going to say since he can't putt that means his wife beats him. That would be more of a Lucas Glover thing. :) Why do people have to look for controversy when someone's game goes sideways a little?

> >

>

>

> Who said anything about beatings?

>

> There is nothing controversial about marital problems. Anyone who is married will attest that no marriage is perfect. Problems exist in all marriages.

> To think a PGA pro has a perfect marriage "just because he is a PGA pro" is a little nearsighted.

>

> @tsecor said:

> why do you continue to assume he has issues in his marriage? > @Ferguson said:

> > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > Umm. he is not very good at putting...

> > > > > To me this is where the argument stops. It's not about life and his wife and any outside things. I think he's keeping good perspective. The truth of the matter is that he's a below average putter, which is staggering to say because he's a bomber with the driver and accurate with his irons. If he even got to average, he'd be back to being a world beater.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > How do you know everything in his life is peachy?

> > > >

> > > > The guy has all the necessary tools and talent. Putting is about thinking too much or thinking too little. Something has to be digging at this guy.

> > > >

> > > > I think he makes bad decisions - the "help" from Brad Faxon was one of them.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > I don't. None of us do. He seems happy. But I'm also not going to say since he can't putt that means his wife beats him. That would be more of a Lucas Glover thing. :) Why do people have to look for controversy when someone's game goes sideways a little?

> > >

> >

> >

> > Who said anything about beatings?

> >

> > There is nothing controversial about marital problems. Anyone who is married will attest that no marriage is perfect. Problems exist in all marriages.

> > To think a PGA pro has a perfect marriage "just because he is a PGA pro" is a little nearsighted.

> >

>

>

There simply must be a reason "outside of golf" for a player of Rors' caliber to be having so much trouble.

I just want to make myself clear - I do not believe that PGA tour players are immune to marital issues.

Rory is extremely talented but the Nike money extinguished the fire in his belly. His comments of "if i win great if not I have other things in my life" are a clear signal of that. Nothing wrong with it but I just don't think people realize that hes burned out and probably really enjoying himself as an adult for the first time. Assuming he has kids this issue (if you want to call it that) will either get much much worse or stoke the flames to show his kids he's a champion (like Tiger).

With all of that said, Brooks Koepka is the best player of this generation and has the mental fortitude to keep winning majors. I honestly think Brooks will have 9-10 when it's all said and done.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

After the Valspar in 2018 Rory was 13th OWGR and he's currently 4th. He's 4th in this season's FedEx Cup points and won The Players, I'm not seeing the problems.

Outside of Koepka no player in the game is currently clipping off major wins and as great as the run is, I expect it to continue, its only been a couple of seasons worth of majors not like its been a 5+ years run.

Rory has scary talent so expectations are high but the criticism is both excessive and relentless.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @Ferguson said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > why do you continue to assume he has issues in his marriage? > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > > Umm. he is not very good at putting...

> > > > > > To me this is where the argument stops. It's not about life and his wife and any outside things. I think he's keeping good perspective. The truth of the matter is that he's a below average putter, which is staggering to say because he's a bomber with the driver and accurate with his irons. If he even got to average, he'd be back to being a world beater.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > How do you know everything in his life is peachy?

> > > > >

> > > > > The guy has all the necessary tools and talent. Putting is about thinking too much or thinking too little. Something has to be digging at this guy.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think he makes bad decisions - the "help" from Brad Faxon was one of them.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > I don't. None of us do. He seems happy. But I'm also not going to say since he can't putt that means his wife beats him. That would be more of a Lucas Glover thing. :) Why do people have to look for controversy when someone's game goes sideways a little?

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Who said anything about beatings?

> > >

> > > There is nothing controversial about marital problems. Anyone who is married will attest that no marriage is perfect. Problems exist in all marriages.

> > > To think a PGA pro has a perfect marriage "just because he is a PGA pro" is a little nearsighted.

> > >

> >

> >

>

> There simply must be a reason "outside of golf" for a player of Rors' caliber to be having so much trouble.

>

> I just want to make myself clear - I do not believe that PGA tour players are immune to marital issues.

The reason outside of golf could be as simple as he is happy and content in his current life setting.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @J13 said:

> Rory is extremely talented but the Nike money extinguished the fire in his belly. His comments of "if i win great if not I have other things in my life" are a clear signal of that. Nothing wrong with it but I just don't think people realize that hes burned out and probably really enjoying himself as an adult for the first time. Assuming he has kids this issue (if you want to call it that) will either get much much worse or stoke the flames to show his kids he's a champion (like Tiger).

>

> With all of that said, Brooks Koepka is the best player of this generation and has the mental fortitude to keep winning majors. I honestly think Brooks will have 9-10 when it's all said and done.

Weird how he signed the Nike deal at the end of 2012, then had his best season in 2014, where he won 2 majors

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @tsecor said:

> > > why do you continue to assume he has issues in his marriage? > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > > > Umm. he is not very good at putting...

> > > > > > > To me this is where the argument stops. It's not about life and his wife and any outside things. I think he's keeping good perspective. The truth of the matter is that he's a below average putter, which is staggering to say because he's a bomber with the driver and accurate with his irons. If he even got to average, he'd be back to being a world beater.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How do you know everything in his life is peachy?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The guy has all the necessary tools and talent. Putting is about thinking too much or thinking too little. Something has to be digging at this guy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think he makes bad decisions - the "help" from Brad Faxon was one of them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > I don't. None of us do. He seems happy. But I'm also not going to say since he can't putt that means his wife beats him. That would be more of a Lucas Glover thing. :) Why do people have to look for controversy when someone's game goes sideways a little?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Who said anything about beatings?

> > > >

> > > > There is nothing controversial about marital problems. Anyone who is married will attest that no marriage is perfect. Problems exist in all marriages.

> > > > To think a PGA pro has a perfect marriage "just because he is a PGA pro" is a little nearsighted.

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > There simply must be a reason "outside of golf" for a player of Rors' caliber to be having so much trouble.

> >

> > I just want to make myself clear - I do not believe that PGA tour players are immune to marital issues.

>

> The reason outside of golf could be as simple as he is happy and content in his current life setting.

Quigsie,

Don't assume life is "always" seen through rose colored glasses for PGA professionals.

> @Ferguson said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > why do you continue to assume he has issues in his marriage? > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > > > > Umm. he is not very good at putting...

> > > > > > > > To me this is where the argument stops. It's not about life and his wife and any outside things. I think he's keeping good perspective. The truth of the matter is that he's a below average putter, which is staggering to say because he's a bomber with the driver and accurate with his irons. If he even got to average, he'd be back to being a world beater.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > How do you know everything in his life is peachy?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The guy has all the necessary tools and talent. Putting is about thinking too much or thinking too little. Something has to be digging at this guy.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think he makes bad decisions - the "help" from Brad Faxon was one of them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > I don't. None of us do. He seems happy. But I'm also not going to say since he can't putt that means his wife beats him. That would be more of a Lucas Glover thing. :) Why do people have to look for controversy when someone's game goes sideways a little?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Who said anything about beatings?

> > > > >

> > > > > There is nothing controversial about marital problems. Anyone who is married will attest that no marriage is perfect. Problems exist in all marriages.

> > > > > To think a PGA pro has a perfect marriage "just because he is a PGA pro" is a little nearsighted.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > There simply must be a reason "outside of golf" for a player of Rors' caliber to be having so much trouble.

> > >

> > > I just want to make myself clear - I do not believe that PGA tour players are immune to marital issues.

> >

> > The reason outside of golf could be as simple as he is happy and content in his current life setting.

>

> Quigsie,

> Don't assume life is "always" seen through rose colored glasses for PGA professionals.

Oh I don't. I am just speculating as you are. Unless you are on the inside know, and have info I don't.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @cdnglf said:

> > @J13 said:

> > Rory is extremely talented but the Nike money extinguished the fire in his belly. His comments of "if i win great if not I have other things in my life" are a clear signal of that. Nothing wrong with it but I just don't think people realize that hes burned out and probably really enjoying himself as an adult for the first time. Assuming he has kids this issue (if you want to call it that) will either get much much worse or stoke the flames to show his kids he's a champion (like Tiger).

> >

> > With all of that said, Brooks Koepka is the best player of this generation and has the mental fortitude to keep winning majors. I honestly think Brooks will have 9-10 when it's all said and done.

>

> Weird how he signed the Nike deal at the end of 2012, then had his best season in 2014, where he won 2 majors

You're taking it too literally, Nike didn't just show up in 2012 and give him 100% of his cash earned. It's a cumulative effect that is still pouring in as we speak from apparel.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > why do you continue to assume he has issues in his marriage? > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > > > > > Umm. he is not very good at putting...

> > > > > > > > > To me this is where the argument stops. It's not about life and his wife and any outside things. I think he's keeping good perspective. The truth of the matter is that he's a below average putter, which is staggering to say because he's a bomber with the driver and accurate with his irons. If he even got to average, he'd be back to being a world beater.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > How do you know everything in his life is peachy?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The guy has all the necessary tools and talent. Putting is about thinking too much or thinking too little. Something has to be digging at this guy.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I think he makes bad decisions - the "help" from Brad Faxon was one of them.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I don't. None of us do. He seems happy. But I'm also not going to say since he can't putt that means his wife beats him. That would be more of a Lucas Glover thing. :) Why do people have to look for controversy when someone's game goes sideways a little?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Who said anything about beatings?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There is nothing controversial about marital problems. Anyone who is married will attest that no marriage is perfect. Problems exist in all marriages.

> > > > > > To think a PGA pro has a perfect marriage "just because he is a PGA pro" is a little nearsighted.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > There simply must be a reason "outside of golf" for a player of Rors' caliber to be having so much trouble.

> > > >

> > > > I just want to make myself clear - I do not believe that PGA tour players are immune to marital issues.

> > >

> > > The reason outside of golf could be as simple as he is happy and content in his current life setting.

> >

> > Quigsie,

> > Don't assume life is "always" seen through rose colored glasses for PGA professionals.

>

> Oh I don't. I am just speculating as you are. Unless you are on the inside know, and have info I don't.

So, you could say there is a chance that life might not be so good at the Rory homestead, and this could be causing his slip in concentration on the greens and in the majors?

> @Ferguson said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > > why do you continue to assume he has issues in his marriage? > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Umm. he is not very good at putting...

> > > > > > > > > > To me this is where the argument stops. It's not about life and his wife and any outside things. I think he's keeping good perspective. The truth of the matter is that he's a below average putter, which is staggering to say because he's a bomber with the driver and accurate with his irons. If he even got to average, he'd be back to being a world beater.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > How do you know everything in his life is peachy?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The guy has all the necessary tools and talent. Putting is about thinking too much or thinking too little. Something has to be digging at this guy.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I think he makes bad decisions - the "help" from Brad Faxon was one of them.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I don't. None of us do. He seems happy. But I'm also not going to say since he can't putt that means his wife beats him. That would be more of a Lucas Glover thing. :) Why do people have to look for controversy when someone's game goes sideways a little?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Who said anything about beatings?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There is nothing controversial about marital problems. Anyone who is married will attest that no marriage is perfect. Problems exist in all marriages.

> > > > > > > To think a PGA pro has a perfect marriage "just because he is a PGA pro" is a little nearsighted.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > There simply must be a reason "outside of golf" for a player of Rors' caliber to be having so much trouble.

> > > > >

> > > > > I just want to make myself clear - I do not believe that PGA tour players are immune to marital issues.

> > > >

> > > > The reason outside of golf could be as simple as he is happy and content in his current life setting.

> > >

> > > Quigsie,

> > > Don't assume life is "always" seen through rose colored glasses for PGA professionals.

> >

> > Oh I don't. I am just speculating as you are. Unless you are on the inside know, and have info I don't.

>

> So, you could say there is a chance that life might not be so good at the Rory homestead, and this could be causing his slip in concentration on the greens and in the majors?

of course there is a chance. I dunno what the problem is. The next time I see him I will be sure to ask.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > > > why do you continue to assume he has issues in his marriage? > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Umm. he is not very good at putting...

> > > > > > > > > > > To me this is where the argument stops. It's not about life and his wife and any outside things. I think he's keeping good perspective. The truth of the matter is that he's a below average putter, which is staggering to say because he's a bomber with the driver and accurate with his irons. If he even got to average, he'd be back to being a world beater.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > How do you know everything in his life is peachy?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > The guy has all the necessary tools and talent. Putting is about thinking too much or thinking too little. Something has to be digging at this guy.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I think he makes bad decisions - the "help" from Brad Faxon was one of them.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I don't. None of us do. He seems happy. But I'm also not going to say since he can't putt that means his wife beats him. That would be more of a Lucas Glover thing. :) Why do people have to look for controversy when someone's game goes sideways a little?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Who said anything about beatings?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > There is nothing controversial about marital problems. Anyone who is married will attest that no marriage is perfect. Problems exist in all marriages.

> > > > > > > > To think a PGA pro has a perfect marriage "just because he is a PGA pro" is a little nearsighted.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There simply must be a reason "outside of golf" for a player of Rors' caliber to be having so much trouble.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I just want to make myself clear - I do not believe that PGA tour players are immune to marital issues.

> > > > >

> > > > > The reason outside of golf could be as simple as he is happy and content in his current life setting.

> > > >

> > > > Quigsie,

> > > > Don't assume life is "always" seen through rose colored glasses for PGA professionals.

> > >

> > > Oh I don't. I am just speculating as you are. Unless you are on the inside know, and have info I don't.

> >

> > So, you could say there is a chance that life might not be so good at the Rory homestead, and this could be causing his slip in concentration on the greens and in the majors?

>

> of course there is a chance. I dunno what the problem is. The next time I see him I will be sure to ask.

None of us know the problem. We'll have to wait and see.

> @Golfer4Life said:

> I understand J.P. Fitzgerald was getting hard on him, but he was a great caddie for Rory. I wish he would go back to him and dump the best friend/beer buddy. I’m sure Diamond is a fine player, but if Fitzgerald was too hard on Rory, Diamond may be too lax on Rory. I noticed changes after their split, and yes Rory has won since then, but not at the same rate as when Fitz was carrying the bag. I also noticed his enthusiasm about the Ryder Cup was not there, no spark.

>

> Whatever it is I hope he gets it together, just a bit more, and show us the Rory we expect, the one we know can kick some serious behind.

I agree mostly. But I don’t think JP was too hard on him. If anything not hard enough. Soon enough. He’s the type that needs a strong hand to keep on task.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @tsecor said:

> once again, very odd how @Ferguson is focusing on his home life and marriage.....

Goes to Faxon, no help?

New Caddie, no help?

New wife after a not so good relationship with CW. I am not speculating, I am simply saying there is more than what we see in the public eye, or read in golf digest. He might have a problem with relationships.

"On 21 May 2014, it was announced that McIlroy had ended the engagement: "**The problem is mine**. The wedding invitations issued at the weekend **made me realize that I wasn't ready for all that marriage entails**. I wish Caroline all the happiness she deserves and thank her for the great times we've had."

I could be completely wrong (I dont know him personally), but i stated on this forum 3 years ago I didn't think he would ever win another major because...I dont think he cares if he ever wins another major. Golf and majors consumed Jack and Tiger. They had families and whatnot, but their singular pursuit was to be the best and pummel everyone. BK might feel that way, I'm not sure...but I'm fairly certain spieth, Fowler, rory,etc definitely DONT feel that way. They will be quite content with 50 million dollars, a few majors and a career of flying around the world "hitting a little white ball sometimes."

[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra LTD Tensei Pro Blue 70[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Titleist 816H1 17* GD AD HY 85[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Callaway Apex 20* GD AD HY 95[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Nike Vapor Pro 4-pw Recoil 110 proto[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Vokey SM6 50-54-58 Recoil 125 proto[/font][/size][/b]

> @cdnglf said:

> > @J13 said:

> > Rory is extremely talented but the Nike money extinguished the> @CheckJV said:

> Slovakian citizenship and did anybody notice he is no longer wearing those cowboy hats?

I did notice that. I’ve said it several times. I think he’s mellowed in his old age. ( relatively ). And for some reason his putter is better. I suspect that the lack of extra shadow cast by the sombrero he was wearing has freed his mind up to see the line while standing Over the putt.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock