What up with Rory?

tsecor

> @legitimategolf said:

> He has major motivation issues IMO. Someone in his position talking about "Golf doesn't define me as a person" or "I am not defined by my scores" is clearly having sort of an existential crisis. While it is technically true that golf is not exactly important in the grand scheme of life... it's weird for someone of Rory's status to point that out. His own Twitter account description, for a long time now, reads: "I hit a little white ball around a field sometimes". That speaks volumes.

It would be interesting to know how much of this has to do with just how much money he's made. At some point, it's not like he has a lot of need to go and play super well to get to the next event, have a nicer place to stay, or having a decent meal. He has $100+ million in endorsement dollars coming in, reportedly, so playing crazy well doesn't really mean he's going to change his lifestyle. He still flies private, he stays in rented homes, he drives the nicest cars, has wonderful meals, etc. so at some point, does that hunger from taking you and your family from very modest beginnings go away and you just settle in? I don't know the answer, obviously, but that seems to be the case for a fair number of the superstars that we have seen come up through the ranks of the game in the past.

• Like 1

It's hard for me to say Rory's not focused on his game right now. It's not like he's been in the tank for the last year and a half. Truth is, he hasn't been "the guy" at any point for the last 4.5 seasons. Most of the time very very good (he has 6 wins) and in/on the edge of a top 5 player. If the question is "why hasn't he booked another major?" I'm not sure if the answer is lack of effort or just not playing great when it matters the most now.

Money does seem likely to have played some factor. Top athletes were always doing well, but these days the top guys make amounts that are hard to replicate anywhere else and this probably brings some lifestyle change. Also, Rory and Spieth had so much success at such an early age. They were still in the stage of the career where they were probably trying to get better (and they were). Now, they are in an environment where everyone tells them how great they are, and they may think if I can just do X like before then I can win. But in some ways if you are not moving forward you are actually falling behind (this is true everywhere).

If you look at Tiger or Phil (or Tom Brady in the NFL), why are these guys still out there pushing themselves at this age to get better? They obviously don't need the money. They must love to compete/improve/play the game, and are wired different.

I don't profess to know what happened to cause Spieth's downturn. But based on what he's said recently, I don't think he's packed it in / taking the "I'll do how I do and that's fine" attitude that Rory sometimes displays. Whether Spieth gets back to where he was (or any fraction of it) is anyone's guess but the mentality seems to be there.

Its tough to blaming his putting

SG Putting .258

Inside 10ft 88%, 41st

10-15ft 23%, 187

15-20 12%, 190

Though he has more of these putts than anyone on tour with him being

SG Driving 1st

SG Approach 8th

Its tough to say whats holding back, maybe nothing, maybe he has already peaked

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

SMH

Does anyone criticizing him in this thread play golf? Geez... He just won the Players, the season is not even halfway over. And it's golf, from week to week your score varies, it's a game of millimeters. The overreactions to top 25 player's games recently have gotten out of control. Last month - Tiger's back! OMG he's gonna win the grand slam. This week - Brook's is dominate, he is the best player of this generation, his game is like Tiger circa 2000. It's getting silly. Cant we just relax and enjoy each tournament and see who plays out each week? These threads and opinions are near sighted at best. Add up the win tallies at the end of a career and enjoy the show, it's a game of ups and downs, if you play golf you realize that, those guys are really good and the margins of winning/losing are insanely small.

> @Railroading13 said:

> SMH

>

> Does anyone criticizing him in this thread play golf? Geez... He just won the Players, the season is not even halfway over. And it's golf, from week to week your score varies, it's a game of millimeters. The overreactions to top 25 player's games recently have gotten out of control. Last month - Tiger's back! OMG he's gonna win the grand slam. This week - Brook's is dominate, he is the best player of this generation, his game is like Tiger circa 2000. It's getting silly. Cant we just relax and enjoy each tournament and see who plays out each week? These threads and opinions are near sighted at best. Add up the win tallies at the end of a career and enjoy the show, it's a game of ups and downs, if you play golf you realize that, those guys are really good and the margins of winning/losing are insanely small.

It's brutal, Koepka is playing phenomenal golf but Rory is having a fantastic year and a major would make it a great year.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

It’s all in his head. He has a lot of quit in him. Just like this week. He pouted for the front 9 of the second round. Then at the turn DECIDED to get his head in it and play , and made the cut. Then back doored a top 10. That and he still doesn’t flight a wedge or short iron like he should at times. Moonballs don’t work in the wind.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I think the interesting question now is who will have a better career Rory or Brooks. Right now Rory would be the choice but what about 5 years from now. What Brooks has over Rory is mental toughness. Rory is self analyzing himself to death while Brooks just goes out and handles his business. I wanted Rory to be the next Tiger but that didn’t happen. My hope is Rory can find himself at The Open and win at Portrush. That would be good for Rory and Great for golf.

> @bladehunter said:

> It’s all in his head. He has a lot of quit in him. Just like this week. He pouted for the front 9 of the second round. Then at the turn DECIDED to get his head in it and play , and made the cut. Then back doored a top 10. That and he still doesn’t flight a wedge or short iron like he should at times. Moonballs don’t work in the wind.

He's also trying to play a cut and its not working that well. I like Rory, always have, but he is maddening to follow.

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

everone is PASSIONATE about this beautiful game. The sport needs passion to survive, that's all. I love all the craziness. Your point is spot on but embrace the passion. Its just like any other sport...in the NFL, OBJ is "THE BEST" and the guy cant catch a playoff pass to save his life........its al part of the passion of being a fan. > @Railroading13 said:

> SMH

>

> Does anyone criticizing him in this thread play golf? Geez... He just won the Players, the season is not even halfway over. And it's golf, from week to week your score varies, it's a game of millimeters. The overreactions to top 25 player's games recently have gotten out of control. Last month - Tiger's back! OMG he's gonna win the grand slam. This week - Brook's is dominate, he is the best player of this generation, his game is like Tiger circa 2000. It's getting silly. Cant we just relax and enjoy each tournament and see who plays out each week? These threads and opinions are near sighted at best. Add up the win tallies at the end of a career and enjoy the show, it's a game of ups and downs, if you play golf you realize that, those guys are really good and the margins of winning/losing are insanely small.

• Like 1

> @Jackhammer993 said:

> I think the interesting question now is who will have a better career Rory or Brooks. Right now Rory would be the choice but what about 5 years from now. What Brooks has over Rory is mental toughness. Rory is self analyzing himself to death while Brooks just goes out and handles his business. I wanted Rory to be the next Tiger but that didn’t happen. My hope is Rory can find himself at The Open and win at Portrush. That would be good for Rory and Great for golf.

All the top players including Brooks are using tons of analytics and forensically studying their game for room to improve. Brooks even said so in his post win interviews, specifically talked about how he needs to figure out the "fix" for what happened with his driver on Sunday.

The difference is at the moment Brooks is playing with as clear a mind as anyone, he talks a lot about "blacking out" during the round, complete focus.

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @Ferguson said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > IMO Rory was always defined as a GOLFER, a Superstar, an International Phenom. I think that is why he surrounded himself with so many people he trusts, like his caddy. While he may not have the quintessential inner circle to deal with all things golf, he and Spieth surrounded themselves with people they know they can trust and get the business end taken care of. I think that has taken Rory quite a long time to put together. His play this year has shown he is probably the most talented guy on tour, but his putter keeps him from winning a lot more than he does. if he could putt he would have six majors by now. His marriage has nothing to do with his bad rounds. That is just silly imo

>

>

> Jordan Spieth - married - status of his game prior to the PGA?

> Not too good.

>

>

I'm sensing a pattern here, but I can't quite grasp it. If only there was someone who could clearly identify it & point it out to me... :*

> @jonsnow said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @tsecor said:

> > > IMO Rory was always defined as a GOLFER, a Superstar, an International Phenom. I think that is why he surrounded himself with so many people he trusts, like his caddy. While he may not have the quintessential inner circle to deal with all things golf, he and Spieth surrounded themselves with people they know they can trust and get the business end taken care of. I think that has taken Rory quite a long time to put together. His play this year has shown he is probably the most talented guy on tour, but his putter keeps him from winning a lot more than he does. if he could putt he would have six majors by now. His marriage has nothing to do with his bad rounds. That is just silly imo

> >

> >

> > Jordan Spieth - married - status of his game prior to the PGA?

> > Not too good.

> >

> >

>

> I'm sensing a pattern here, but I can't quite grasp it. If only there was someone who could clearly identify it & point it out to me... :*

Let me explain using this rudimentary MOC (model of connections) as it relates to relationships and professional golfers.

I call it the TRIAD principle.

A = Player

B = Golf

C = Spouse

w0hzu1ik00yv.png

Examples of # 1 – the primary link of golfer and his vocation

Tiger, early in his career before his marriage

Bruce and his girlfriend, current career

Example of # 2 – the primary link weakens due to the addition of the “dangling C”

Jordan and Rors fall into this category

Example of # 3 – the triad is complete making a strong link in both directions

Jack’s marriage to Barbara

> @Railroading13 said:

> SMH

>

We do enjoy each tournament, enjoying golf and voicing opinions on it are not mutually exclusive. No one is losing sleep that Rory isn't winning more, it's a golf forum, we're here to discuss golf. Rory was promoted as the heir to Tigers throne, Nike threw a ton of money at him, the talking heads hyped him and while he's had a great career so far, it hasn't met the expectations that were set for him.

I don't understand the mentality that to be a fan of something or someone you must be blindly loyal. I see it on other boards as well, if you're critical of someone or something you can't be a real fan of it, that's BS, fans have a right to voice their opinion and displeasure about an individual or teams performance.

• Like 1

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

> @QuigleyDU said:

> Umm. he is not very good at putting...

To me this is where the argument stops. It's not about life and his wife and any outside things. I think he's keeping good perspective. The truth of the matter is that he's a below average putter, which is staggering to say because he's a bomber with the driver and accurate with his irons. If he even got to average, he'd be back to being a world beater.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > Umm. he is not very good at putting...

> To me this is where the argument stops. It's not about life and his wife and any outside things. I think he's keeping good perspective. The truth of the matter is that he's a below average putter, which is staggering to say because he's a bomber with the driver and accurate with his irons. If he even got to average, he'd be back to being a world beater.

>

How do you know everything in his life is peachy?

The guy has all the necessary tools and talent. Putting is about thinking too much or thinking too little. Something has to be digging at this guy.

I think he makes bad decisions - the "help" from Brad Faxon was one of them.

> @Ferguson said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > Umm. he is not very good at putting...

> > To me this is where the argument stops. It's not about life and his wife and any outside things. I think he's keeping good perspective. The truth of the matter is that he's a below average putter, which is staggering to say because he's a bomber with the driver and accurate with his irons. If he even got to average, he'd be back to being a world beater.

> >

>

> How do you know everything in his life is peachy?

>

> The guy has all the necessary tools and talent. Putting is about thinking too much or thinking too little. Something has to be digging at this guy.

>

> I think he makes bad decisions - the "help" from Brad Faxon was one of them.

>

>

I don't disagree with you. I don't know his personal life and if there are or are not issues there. I am simply looking at his game, and the issue there is his putting whatever the cause may be. I dunno, it is sometimes hard to tell what is a symptom and what is the actual issue. Personal life issues may be the flu and the putting may be the cough if you understand what I am saying. You can try all you want to cure a symptom and never make any progress until you actually find out what the actual sickness is.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

why do you assume to know ANYTHING about the personal lives of these athletes? Its kinda strange how you are projecting this stuff. Come sit on the couch and let's talk. :) > @Ferguson said:

> > @jonsnow said:

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > IMO Rory was always defined as a GOLFER, a Superstar, an International Phenom. I think that is why he surrounded himself with so many people he trusts, like his caddy. While he may not have the quintessential inner circle to deal with all things golf, he and Spieth surrounded themselves with people they know they can trust and get the business end taken care of. I think that has taken Rory quite a long time to put together. His play this year has shown he is probably the most talented guy on tour, but his putter keeps him from winning a lot more than he does. if he could putt he would have six majors by now. His marriage has nothing to do with his bad rounds. That is just silly imo

> > >

> > >

> > > Jordan Spieth - married - status of his game prior to the PGA?

> > > Not too good.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I'm sensing a pattern here, but I can't quite grasp it. If only there was someone who could clearly identify it & point it out to me... :*

>

>

> Let me explain using this rudimentary MOC (model of connections) as it relates to relationships and professional golfers.

> I call it the TRIAD principle.

>

> A = Player

> B = Golf

> C = Spouse

>

> w0hzu1ik00yv.png

>

>

> Examples of # 1 – the primary link of golfer and his vocation

> Tiger, early in his career before his marriage

> Bruce and his girlfriend, current career

>

> Example of # 2 – the primary link weakens due to the addition of the “dangling C”

> Jordan and Rors fall into this category

>

> Example of # 3 – the triad is complete making a strong link in both directions

> Jack’s marriage to Barbara

>

> @tsecor said:

> why do you assume to know ANYTHING about the personal lives of these athletes? Its kinda strange how you are projecting this stuff. Come sit on the couch and let's talk. :) > @Ferguson said:

> > > @jonsnow said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > IMO Rory was always defined as a GOLFER, a Superstar, an International Phenom. I think that is why he surrounded himself with so many people he trusts, like his caddy. While he may not have the quintessential inner circle to deal with all things golf, he and Spieth surrounded themselves with people they know they can trust and get the business end taken care of. I think that has taken Rory quite a long time to put together. His play this year has shown he is probably the most talented guy on tour, but his putter keeps him from winning a lot more than he does. if he could putt he would have six majors by now. His marriage has nothing to do with his bad rounds. That is just silly imo

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Jordan Spieth - married - status of his game prior to the PGA?

> > > > Not too good.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'm sensing a pattern here, but I can't quite grasp it. If only there was someone who could clearly identify it & point it out to me... :*

> >

> >

> > Let me explain using this rudimentary MOC (model of connections) as it relates to relationships and professional golfers.

> > I call it the TRIAD principle.

> >

> > A = Player

> > B = Golf

> > C = Spouse

> >

> > w0hzu1ik00yv.png

> >

> >

> > Examples of # 1 – the primary link of golfer and his vocation

> > Tiger, early in his career before his marriage

> > Bruce and his girlfriend, current career

> >

> > Example of # 2 – the primary link weakens due to the addition of the “dangling C”

> > Jordan and Rors fall into this category

> >

> > Example of # 3 – the triad is complete making a strong link in both directions

> > Jack’s marriage to Barbara

> >

>

>

@Ferguson I sense some "mommy" issues here.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @ksgolfcoach said:

> He’s a great player playing against a lot of other great players and there’s only four opportunities every year. You could make a thread on why Dj has only won one, rickie zero, spieth none in two years now etc.... oh wait... there are already those threads too

The only Tiger thread I don't think I've ever seen is "Who would win: Ditka or Tiger?"

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @new2g0lf said:

> > @Railroading13 said:

> > SMH

> >

> > Does anyone criticizing him in this thread play golf? Geez... He just won the Players, the season is not even halfway over. And it's golf, from week to week your score varies, it's a game of millimeters. The overreactions to top 25 player's games recently have gotten out of control. Last month - Tiger's back! OMG he's gonna win the grand slam. This week - Brook's is dominate, he is the best player of this generation, his game is like Tiger circa 2000. It's getting silly. Cant we just relax and enjoy each tournament and see who plays out each week? These threads and opinions are near sighted at best. Add up the win tallies at the end of a career and enjoy the show, it's a game of ups and downs, if you play golf you realize that, those guys are really good and the margins of winning/losing are insanely small.

>

> We do enjoy each tournament, enjoying golf and voicing opinions on it are not mutually exclusive. No one is losing sleep that Rory isn't winning more, it's a golf forum, we're here to discuss golf. Rory was promoted as the heir to Tigers throne, Nike threw a ton of money at him, the talking heads hyped him and while he's had a great career so far, it hasn't met the expectations that were set for him.

>

> I don't understand the mentality that to be a fan of something or someone you must be blindly loyal. I see it on other boards as well, if you're critical of someone or something you can't be a real fan of it, that's BS, fans have a right to voice their opinion and displeasure about an individual or teams performance.

Rory did not set those expectations. Neither is Brooks now. Everybody always in search of the next great. Nike wants to throw a 100 million my way to be Tiger's heir, I'll take. Just let these dudes play some golf. Hell, I am not really a Rory fan (neutral to him, never really root for him) but even I know players like Tiger, Lebron/Curry, Trout are generational players. I never believe expectations set by the media and neither should anyone IMO.

> @new2g0lf said:

> > @Railroading13 said:

> > SMH

> >

> > Does anyone criticizing him in this thread play golf? Geez... He just won the Players, the season is not even halfway over. And it's golf, from week to week your score varies, it's a game of millimeters. The overreactions to top 25 player's games recently have gotten out of control. Last month - Tiger's back! OMG he's gonna win the grand slam. This week - Brook's is dominate, he is the best player of this generation, his game is like Tiger circa 2000. It's getting silly. Cant we just relax and enjoy each tournament and see who plays out each week? These threads and opinions are near sighted at best. Add up the win tallies at the end of a career and enjoy the show, it's a game of ups and downs, if you play golf you realize that, those guys are really good and the margins of winning/losing are insanely small.

>

> We do enjoy each tournament, enjoying golf and voicing opinions on it are not mutually exclusive. No one is losing sleep that Rory isn't winning more, it's a golf forum, we're here to discuss golf. Rory was promoted as the heir to Tigers throne, Nike threw a ton of money at him, the talking heads hyped him and while he's had a great career so far, it hasn't met the expectations that were set for him.

>

> I don't understand the mentality that to be a fan of something or someone you must be blindly loyal. I see it on other boards as well, if you're critical of someone or something you can't be a real fan of it, that's BS, fans have a right to voice their opinion and displeasure about an individual or teams performance.

And someone can also be a fan and recognize that folks tend to make generalizations, or projections, based on events that have happened on most recently. The day after NFL games is called Overreaction Monday. This is what @Railroading13 is talking about.

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > He’s a great player playing against a lot of other great players and there’s only four opportunities every year. You could make a thread on why Dj has only won one, rickie zero, spieth none in two years now etc.... oh wait... there are already those threads too

>

> The only Tiger thread I don't think I've ever seen is "Who would win: Ditka or Tiger?"

That's because everyone knows it's DITKA.

• Like 1

His putting is finally getting back to where it was in 2014 when he was in top form and the results so far this year have shown that. He has 9 top 10s in 11 events this season. Anyone who thinks there's something "up" with him is just nitpicking. There's more talent than ever and more guys who are a threat to win on a weekly basis than ever before that I don't believe we'll ever see a Tiger/Arnold/Jack like run, especially in Majors, anymore.

> @lopey986 said:

> His putting is finally getting back to where it was in 2014 when he was in top form and the results so far this year have shown that. He has 9 top 10s in 11 events this season. Anyone who thinks there's something "up" with him is just nitpicking. There's more talent than ever and more guys who are a threat to win on a weekly basis than ever before that **I don't believe we'll ever see a Tiger/Arnold/Jack like run, especially in Majors, anymore.**

Lol, you ignored BK.

But it's ok, he's used to it by now ; )

dwbc6czutlck.png

• Like 1

> @tsecor said:

> why do you assume to know ANYTHING about the personal lives of these athletes? Its kinda strange how you are projecting this stuff. Come sit on the couch and let's talk. :) > @Ferguson said:

> > > @jonsnow said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > IMO Rory was always defined as a GOLFER, a Superstar, an International Phenom. I think that is why he surrounded himself with so many people he trusts, like his caddy. While he may not have the quintessential inner circle to deal with all things golf, he and Spieth surrounded themselves with people they know they can trust and get the business end taken care of. I think that has taken Rory quite a long time to put together. His play this year has shown he is probably the most talented guy on tour, but his putter keeps him from winning a lot more than he does. if he could putt he would have six majors by now. His marriage has nothing to do with his bad rounds. That is just silly imo

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Jordan Spieth - married - status of his game prior to the PGA?

> > > > Not too good.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'm sensing a pattern here, but I can't quite grasp it. If only there was someone who could clearly identify it & point it out to me... :*

> >

> >

> > Let me explain using this rudimentary MOC (model of connections) as it relates to relationships and professional golfers.

> > I call it the TRIAD principle.

> >

> > A = Player

> > B = Golf

> > C = Spouse

> >

> > w0hzu1ik00yv.png

> >

> >

> > Examples of # 1 – the primary link of golfer and his vocation

> > Tiger, early in his career before his marriage

> > Bruce and his girlfriend, current career

> >

> > Example of # 2 – the primary link weakens due to the addition of the “dangling C”

> > Jordan and Rors fall into this category

> >

> > Example of # 3 – the triad is complete making a strong link in both directions

> > Jack’s marriage to Barbara

> >

>

>

When doubt - turn to the triad.