Bridgestone Tour B X

GolfChannel

> @cpeck said:

> straight as a string. if i do hit a slice it’s still in play most times. @MMB1500

> @Drudersh said:

> I was almost shocked at how straight I hit this ball with the driver. The ones that do go wild are on swings that are so bad to begin with I already know what to expect, but reasonably good strikes don't move much off the start line and that goes for the driver and 3 wood off the tee in my experience.

OK, thanks guys. That confirms what B'Stone claim, that this ball is designed to have less sidespin, which I definitely need. I'm going to be trying this as my next ball for sure.

• Like 1

> @Drudersh said:

> > @MMB1500 said:

> > How do users find the B X in terms of accuracy, particularly off the driver? I currently use the Z-Star but find them wild on bad swings (way too much side spin).

>

> I was almost shocked at how straight I hit this ball with the driver. The ones that do go wild are on swings that are so bad to begin with I already know what to expect, but reasonably good strikes don't move much off the start line and that goes for the driver and 3 wood off the tee in my experience.

Same as my experience.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @jjfcpa said:

> I tried the B X after playing the RX for the last year. Just couldn't get used to the feel.

>

> I'm going to try the Snell MTB X tomorrow and see how it feels and performs. I've played the MTB Black and really like it, but I want to see how the X does on distance and stopping power on the greens.

You have it in white or yellow? Care to take a comparison shot?

> @Stanks said:

> > @jjfcpa said:

> > I tried the B X after playing the RX for the last year. Just couldn't get used to the feel.

> >

> > I'm going to try the Snell MTB X tomorrow and see how it feels and performs. I've played the MTB Black and really like it, but I want to see how the X does on distance and stopping power on the greens.

>

> You have it in white or yellow? Care to take a comparison shot?

>

MTB X would be softer and spinny but flies higher. You determine the distance. IMO, Tour BX is definitely straighter than mtb x.

• Like 2

I can back up all of these experiences. I just switched to the B X and I am hitting it far and straight off of the tee. I was playing the Chrome Soft X, which I really had no issue with, but I gave Bridgestone a try and loved it. Full irons (think 8-5 irons) into greens have been rolling out 0-10 feet. Full 9 iron and lower has been 1 foot roll max or 0-3 feet of spin back. Knockdown 3/4 wedges have been low skip, hop, stop which is what I want. Greens are admittedly soft where I'm playing right now in the midwest, when things firm up maybe I will want more spin and will try the B XS, but for my game help with a straighter ball of the B X is what I need. I will also add that it has been my impression that this thing plays really well into a wind. Anecdotal, but there is a particular hole that has a carry that I only think about making when I am downwind, I hit a drive into a strong headwind and it carried the 280 needed, I was expecting it to be 20 yards shorter with the wind. Maybe a one off, but me and my friends that know each others' games were shocked.

I think durability has been really good, definitely improved over the CSX (which may not be saying much). And for esthetics I love the look, it's a clean ball and I like to putt looking down at all white with no line or logo. For those that want a line, there is one on the side for you, I can't speak to that vs other balls because I don't use it.

> @flushem said:

> > @Stanks said:

> > > @jjfcpa said:

> > > I tried the B X after playing the RX for the last year. Just couldn't get used to the feel.

> > >

> > > I'm going to try the Snell MTB X tomorrow and see how it feels and performs. I've played the MTB Black and really like it, but I want to see how the X does on distance and stopping power on the greens.

> >

> > You have it in white or yellow? Care to take a comparison shot?

> >

>

> MTB X would be softer and spinny but flies higher. You determine the distance. IMO, Tour BX is definitely straighter than mtb x.

No no I got that part down. I’m not looking at distances figure right now. Was hoping for a photo if you had a yellow snell

> @jjfcpa said:

> I tried the B X after playing the RX for the last year. Just couldn't get used to the feel.

>

> I'm going to try the Snell MTB X tomorrow and see how it feels and performs. I've played the MTB Black and really like it, but I want to see how the X does on distance and stopping power on the greens.

MTB-X feels and performs very similar to the 2014 ProV1x. Has that heavy hit feel off the tee. Not that the ball feels heavy rather that the hit does. Feels great on the greens and excellent greenside spin but I wasn't as consistent off the tee with the ball as I was with the B X.

• Like 1
Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Came from Pro V1.

A little clickier feel. Seems I spin a little more with irons, but less with 3/4 wedges and below. Driver, not sure I see the increased distance. However, conditions are a LOT more moist this year than last.

As I play Ping I200 which are a bit “loud” compared to blade I might move back to Pro V1 for sound alone. Performance wise there is little difference for me.

• 1 year later...

I just finished playing a round with the Tour B X's, and coming from the TP5 it is insane the difference. Like everyone has been saying these things are missiles off of the tee, and I felt like the balls spin just the right amount for shaping the ball either way, whereas the TP5 is manageable, but seemed to spin just a bit too much. I felt like if I needed to, on a long par 4 or 5, I could easily get a little more out of my swing without having to think about keeping the rpms in check.

The one aspect that really surprised me was when it came to the scoring clubs it felt like the low spinning "missile" effect was taken away, and the ball would either bite hard or one hop stop. My gapping was still there, maybe a gain of 1 or 2 yards more, but everything was super consistent. Putting took a little bit of time to get use to, with having played with the TP5 for a while, feel was a little lacking in the beginning, but as the round went on and I got more and more comfortable, the roll was very smooth and consistent.

One thing I did notice when I had finished was, that the B X's seemed to scuff up rather quickly. I didn't hit any woodwork or cart paths during the round, so that was a little surprising.

All in all I would give the ball a solid 9/10, and will probably be staying in my bag for a while.

• Like 1

Ping G410+ 9.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x

Taylormade Sim Max 15* - Accra TZ6 M4 75 

Titleist TS2 20* - Accra TZ6 M4 85

Taylormade P760 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.0

Vokey SM8 - 50* 54* 58*

Taylormade Spider X - 34.75"

Bridgestone Tour B X.

I found the same thing. It def isn’t as durable as the XS, but my god what a GREAT ball!

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

Ditto to the two previous posters. My ONLY complaint with the X is that it seems tough to get through 18 holes (forget 36+) without damaging the ball. Played 18 today, managed to miss every tree and cart path but did find the sand 3 times and yet the ball is going in the shag bag. Didn't have this issue with the ProV but the BS outperforms the ProV both on Trackman and on course for me so there is no going back.

I'll second this observation. I may be a little pickier than most and usually take a ball out of play that has a visible cut or significant scuff and I've been through 3 dozen already this season which really didn't start in PA until early May. Really, REALLY good ball though. Night and day in terms of feel around the green and off the wedges compared to the older B X and just as good off the tee.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

I just ordered a dozen of these to compare against the xs , interested to see the difference off the tee with them.

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

I definitely have to try these against the TP5x!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I have a 95-97mph clubhead speed on driver, and don't typically generate much spin on the driver. I had been playing ProV1s, but found a Bridgestone on the course and played it the rest of the round and loved it. Ordered the RSX balls given my clubhead speed and desire to get more spin off the driver, and hit the balls well. But on a whim, bought a box of the BXs after watching Bryson crush the ball. Took it out yesterday, and maybe it's a one day fluke, but I was crushing the ball off the tee. Are the Bridgestone recommendations on using the R balls for sub 150 clubhead speeds (RX and RXS) always true, or can someone with slower clubhead speeds also benefit from and hit the BX and BXS balls well (and even better than the R balls)? I'm happy to also try the RX ball with my clubhead speed if it will perform well.

Also, as a side note, had some darts on the green using the lower spinning BX ball, so the low spin didn't seem to hurt much at all on approach shots.

well, second round with the BX. still longer off the tee, but also having a bit more trouble holding greens. i feel like the ball is a little longer on irons carry wise, but harder to hold. i hit 4 greens yesterday where the carry was on the nose, but the balls released 10-15 feet to the fringe. two questions...are carry yards further for the BX on irons, and if so, is one way to do it to play a club less than i would normally and assume a release? and is the BXS longer off the tee than the RXS?

the 2020 Tour B X is an amazing ball. Probably best ball i've played in the last couple years. Great combination of distance, control and greenside spin. It's sooooo good off the driver and even better 100 yards in. My only grip is the durability. There have been rounds where I go through a sleeve of balls because they get chewed up. God forbid I hit out of a bunker or full swing wedge. Anyone else disappointed with its durability?

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

Played 18 with this ball last week, probably one of my best rounds ever.

Driver-Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Project X Evenflow White 65 X-Stiff
3W-Titleist TS3 15.75* w/Project X Evenflow white 65 X-Stiff
Mizuno MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron w/KBS C-Taper 130X (bent to 17.5*)
4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MBw/KBS C-Taper 130X
Mizuno T7 52/09 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Mizuno T7 56/10 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Bridgestone Tour B X

Hasn't been noticeable for me. I'll have to play them side by side this weekend on a hole

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

I’m just talking from personal experience. I can’t speak for the B XS but I do know the B X definitely gets pretty scuffed up for me. It’s not Kirkland bad but for a premium ball it definitely gets scuffed up a little easier than other balls. That being said, I still game it. Just wish durability was a bit better

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

Yeah, I think we need to be clear in this thread which model. I’m still gaming the prior generation BX and I have literally never had any durability issues. I am assuming all these are issues with the 2020 model.

I want to try it, but haven’t yet.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

I've been playing the prior generation Tour BX this year (2 dozen worth), down to my last 4. When I've played well enough to keep a ball the whole round, it gets tossed at the end because of the scuffs.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

I haven't noticed a durability difference between the 19's and the 20's in the BXS. I put one off a cart path in front of a green last weekend and the ball wasn't really worse for wear versus a prov that the cover would have been mutilated on. I played the ball the rest of the round.

I didn't have any durability issues with the X either, it held up just as well as the XS to full wedge shots etc.

Bridgestone Tour BXS