2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

The Open Championship at Royal Portrush GC/Dunluce Links - Shane Lowry is the 2019 Champion Golfer

tiderider

> @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > @TreyWingbat said:

> > Eldrick definitely needs to play more.

> > I think he had only 6 competitive rounds since his remarkable win at Augusta.

> Make that three: The PGA, Memorial, and US Open. This is his fourth tournament since the Masters. Rest assured he would have put in more practice time and tournaments if his body allowed. I think when he says the Masters win took a toll on him, it's not just words.

>

Yeah, I was thinking rounds... 2 at the PGA, 4 at the US Open. I forgot about the Memorial.

> @pmadden86 said:

> It's great to see these guys play a course where all mistakes are punished - generally always resulting in bogey or worse, it's takes a miraculous recovery to get the par. Very rare on tour these days.

Agreed. Really enjoying this. Especially having played links golf recently. I've got a whole new appreciation for how challenging these courses can be.

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

> @Jackhammer993 said:

> Tiger only really has a chance at The Masters. It is a limited field event and those are the only type he has won. I love Tiger but time for a reality check.

Open Championship seems to have the most older or random winners. Watson almost won at 59. US Open is never happening, PGA either.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > Tiger only really has a chance at The Masters. It is a limited field event and those are the only type he has won. I love Tiger but time for a reality check.

>

> And it's typically warm. Cold weather and slow greens are not his friend right now

There is a swing of Tiger's on the Open Championship website. He's grimacing after impact. He's hurting.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

> @KRAMER1997 said:

> I think if Tiger's gonna beat or tie Nicklaus, it's gonna happened by 2021. This week is a wash, but I think the next 2 years are going to be crucial. He's always a factor at Augusta, he's won at Harding Park (2020 PGA Championship), and in 2021 the US Open is at Torrey Pines and the Open is at St Andrews. I think he has a slim chance to get to 18 or 19, but he needs to stay healthy and play enough to get in Major form.

I don't think familiarity will have anything to do with it. He's got a great track record at Pebble, and look what happened. Previously won at Bethpage....again, disaster. He won the Masters in 2005....then took 14 years to win again. No....if he can manage to play well enough to win, he'll compete. Regardless of the layout or not. If he continues to play like this, no amount of course familiarity will help him. As for reaching Jack's record, I think that's very much pie-in-the-sky at this point.

• Like 1

Westwood and the Barn Rat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it going lads ..............

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @aenemated said:

> > @pmadden86 said:

> > It's great to see these guys play a course where all mistakes are punished - generally always resulting in bogey or worse, it's takes a miraculous recovery to get the par. Very rare on tour these days.

>

> Agreed. Really enjoying this. Especially having played links golf recently. I've got a whole new appreciation for how challenging these courses can be.

What a great post and so true. Tour set ups thru lightly lined fairways with wispy rough makes recoveries a snap. Here you pay the piper for your wayward shots. AWESOME

Once again the R&A shows how a major should be run. They should hold a tutorial for the USGA

EvnRoll ER9

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > Tiger only really has a chance at The Masters. It is a limited field event and those are the only type he has won. I love Tiger but time for a reality check.

>

> Open Championship seems to have the most older or random winners. Watson almost won at 59. US Open is never happening, PGA either.

It definitely has been the most friendly championship for older golfers but it's also the coldest which for Tiger's back seems to be a terrible fit. US Opens are young mans games; his last chance would have been this year with the shortness of Pebble. PGAs potentially would be doable but not on courses the difficulty Bethpage was this year. Masters clearly is the best shot for him moving forward

Between last years PGA, Tour Championship, and this years Master's there seems to be a pattern that he can perform well in warm conditions and that cold conditions are not friendly to him.

• Like 1

> @pmadden86 said:

> It's great to see these guys play a course where all mistakes are punished - generally always resulting in bogey or worse, it's takes a miraculous recovery to get the par. Very rare on tour these days.

I meant to quote @pmadden86 .. bang on sir

EvnRoll ER9

> @gvogel said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @Jackhammer993 said:

> > > Tiger only really has a chance at The Masters. It is a limited field event and those are the only type he has won. I love Tiger but time for a reality check.

> >

> > And it's typically warm. Cold weather and slow greens are not his friend right now

>

> There is a swing of Tiger's on the Open Championship website. He's grimacing after impact. He's hurting.

guys, what do you expect? He didn't play hardly any golf lately, he even mentioned his game wasn't sharp in press conference Tuesday. This is all because he says he played too much golf last year and is trying to reduce it. He didn't have a chance to begin with because he hasn't played. Hopefully he learns that he has to play more and finds a happy medium.

> @TreyWingbat said:

> > @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > > @TreyWingbat said:

> > > Eldrick definitely needs to play more.

> > > I think he had only 6 competitive rounds since his remarkable win at Augusta.

> > Make that three: The PGA, Memorial, and US Open. This is his fourth tournament since the Masters. Rest assured he would have put in more practice time and tournaments if his body allowed. I think when he says the Masters win took a toll on him, it's not just words.

> >

>

> Yeah, I was thinking rounds... 2 at the PGA, 4 at the US Open. I forgot about the Memorial.

I noticed you said rounds and not tournaments, but it still didn't come back to six. Never say never with Tiger, but like others have said, you can't play well if you don't practice, but you can't practice if your body won't allow. He's been playing since he was a tot, and his body has taken a beating. Nobody wants to see Picasso reduced to paint by numbers.

> @Rangeballz said:

> All of the massive optimism following the Masters regarding Tiger's chances to catch Jack has quickly evaporated.

Tiger needs majors to be at ... A. ANGC or B. shorter faster courses at The Open

His barely playing schedule is not going to help him

EvnRoll ER9

> @KRAMER1997 said:

> I think if Tiger's gonna beat or tie Nicklaus, it's gonna happened by 2021. This week is a wash, but I think the next 2 years are going to be crucial. He's always a factor at Augusta, he's won at Harding Park (2020 PGA Championship), and in 2021 the US Open is at Torrey Pines and the Open is at St Andrews. I think he has a slim chance to get to 18 or 19, but he needs to stay healthy and play enough to get in Major form.

jq0b6sffhwfo.jpg

SiM 2 10.5* GD Tour iZ 6s

TSR2 15* Tensei Blue

TSR2 18* Hybrid Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Mizuno JPX 921F 4-P Pro Modus 105

Titleist SM9 Black 50, 54 & 58

Odyssey Protype iX #1 or TM Spider Hydro Blast slant neck

Tiger played well at the Open, PGA, and Masters. I'm not ready to give up on the remainder of his career just yet! Sure his last 3 majors have been disappointing, but winning that 15th major took a lot out of him, when it happened my gut feeling was he wasn't going to be competitive again until next year especially after he said he would play an extremely limited schedule.

lol I wonder if> @cardoustie said:

> > @Rangeballz said:

> > All of the massive optimism following the Masters regarding Tiger's chances to catch Jack has quickly evaporated.

>

> Tiger needs majors to be at ... A. ANGC or B. shorter faster courses at The Open

> His barely playing schedule is not going to help him

Yeah looks like Harrington was right about his lack of preparation for this year's Open.