"Carts due in by 8pm!"

kevina001

On 6/26/2019 at 9:16 AM, a_crook said:

> @Roody said:

> Why should the pro shop staff have to wait around all evening for you to bring the cart in whenever you please?

Uh, because it's your job and you're in a service industry?

That's part of the job. Golfers want to play as long as they can, and should be able to. Grow the game.

And if the golf course doesn’t pay them past a certain time?I worked at a golf course at we did not get paid past a certain and our work had to be done.

Ive never experienced this. Typically, at that point where it gets too dark the play, the outside staff will go around the course pulling the flags and if there is anyone still out there, they just tell them to pack it in and head back. Pretty simple stuff. 

*The NE Florida Golf Realtor*

Titleist TSi3 9 deg / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX

Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
Titleist TSi2 18 deg Hybrid / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX
Titleist T100 / Project X 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM5 50/8F

Titleist Vokey SM9 54/10S 58/10S

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

For those of us in DST, enjoy the last late afternoon rounds today and tomorrow, as it will get dark by 5:00 on Sunday.   

Only 128 days until March 12th 🙂

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

3 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

For those of us in DST, enjoy the last late afternoon rounds today and tomorrow, as it will get dark by 5:00 on Sunday.   

Only 128 days until March 12th 🙂

Yep we teed off last night at 5 and got 9 holes in, finished at 6:20 just as the light was running out. Last after work game of the season. 🙁

• Sad 1

TM SIM Max 9*  Tensei blue AV 65-S

Mizuno ST180 3w 15* Tensei blue-S

Cobra BioCell 5w 19* Matrix RedTie-S

Ping G30 4h 22* TFC 419-R

Taylormade R-11 5-PW KBS Tour 90-S

Cleveland CBX 52* 58* DG 115-W

Mannkrafted rebar Rattler 

28 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

Let's ask our forum employment counsel, Bertrum Forncastle III.  

No laws being broken. 

image.png.316ac71e79142db73296de5c255b290c.png

hahaha in my youth I use to work as an assistant in the shop and the cart guys got paid when they clocked out down in the barn, some nights in the summer they'd clock out close to 10pm....this pissed off the GM at the course and when things were slow I'd close the shop and help the guys put carts away, the previous owners of this course were sued for stealing overtime hrs, so the company I worked for were very careful...needless to say

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Weather was nice in the area I live last week so I stopped by a course to sneak in an afternoon nine. 3:15, pro shop locked and lights off. Hmmm…

So I go a door down into the bar and ask if I’m able to get out as there are still several fresh carts parked out front. They said we can only sell you range balls. But if you have your own clubs and balls (nah, just came here on whim and was hoping to grab some rentals 😂) you can just go walk. $0 dollars for 9 holes. Sometimes you lose, but sometimes you win.

Edited by DoughBack18
  • Like 1

Roody's post was right on the money, as someone (me) that works on 2 County owned golf courses, carts MUST be in at sunset, this is all about liability. Some "golfers" have no common sense when they hit the course, believe me I have seen it all, some would stay out there until midnight if you let them, doing all sorts of things in carts.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mesquite2 said:

Roody's post was right on the money, as someone (me) that works on 2 County owned golf courses, carts MUST be in at sunset, this is all about liability. Some "golfers" have no common sense when they hit the course, believe me I have seen it all, some would stay out there until midnight if you let them, doing all sorts of things in carts.

As I stated earlier in the thread, this is the main issue. There are many golfers who cannot drive a cart properly in broad daylight, much less after dark.

I've been out on the course after dark (worked carts for a few years) and early morning before the sun comes up (maintenance crew) and it's almost impossible to see without lights. There are so many bumps, humps, holes, drainage ditches, drop-offs, creeks, bridges, etc., that one must really pay attention. One oversight and the golf cart could be totaled and passengers injured severely. 

• Like 1

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

On 2/13/2023 at 9:09 PM, DoughBack18 said:

Weather was nice in the area I live last week so I stopped by a course to sneak in an afternoon nine. 3:15, pro shop locked and lights off. Hmmm…

So I go a door down into the bar and ask if I’m able to get out as there are still several fresh carts parked out front. They said we can only sell you range balls. But of you have your own clubs and balls (nah, just came here on whim and was hoping to grab some rentals 😂) you can just go walk. $0 dollars for 9 holes. Sometimes you lose, but sometimes you win.

My friend and I went out last week. It was cold and windy. We hadn't been out in a few weeks due to the weather but we wanted to get out and get some exercise so we decided to walk and golf. I checked the tee sheet at the course we wanted to go to and there wasn't one tee time made. I called the course to see if they were open and they said come on out so we made a time.

When we got there the first thing we saw was a cart pulled out for us. We laughed and said now the guy is going to have to put it back in the barn since we were walking. When we told the guy we were walking he was happy. He said we were the only people on the tee sheet so we had the whole course to ourselves and he said since we were walking he was leaving early if we didn't mind. 

We payed for 18 but the guy said we could play as many as we wanted. As we finished 9 we saw the guy standing at the door. He says do you guys need to use the bathroom or anything? We said no so the guy says enjoy,hops in his car and leaves. 

I think having the course all to ourselves was more enjoyable than the extra free holes we played.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greenie said:

My friend and I went out last week. It was cold and windy. We hadn't been out in a few weeks due to the weather but we wanted to get out and get some exercise so we decided to walk and golf. I checked the tee sheet at the course we wanted to go to and there wasn't one tee time made. I called the course to see if they were open and they said come on out so we made a time.

When we got there the first thing we saw was a cart pulled out for us. We laughed and said now the guy is going to have to put it back in the barn since we were walking. When we told the guy we were walking he was happy. He said we were the only people on the tee sheet so we had the whole course to ourselves and he said since we were walking he was leaving early if we didn't mind. 

We payed for 18 but the guy said we could play as many as we wanted. As we finished 9 we saw the guy standing at the door. He says do you guys need to use the bathroom or anything? We said no so the guy says enjoy,hops in his car and leaves. 

I think having the course all to ourselves was more enjoyable than the extra free holes we played.

Dream scenario right there. 

TM SIM Max 9*  Tensei blue AV 65-S

Mizuno ST180 3w 15* Tensei blue-S

Cobra BioCell 5w 19* Matrix RedTie-S

Ping G30 4h 22* TFC 419-R

Taylormade R-11 5-PW KBS Tour 90-S

Cleveland CBX 52* 58* DG 115-W

Mannkrafted rebar Rattler 

Just off the title, I wish the course I worked at had this policy 😂

TM Qi10 (9*) | Speeder Evolution IV 661 X

TM M6 3w (15*) | HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.0

TM Stealth2+ 5w (18*) | HZRDUS Yellow 83 6.5

PXG Gen4 0311 X (20*) | HZRDUS Black 105 6.5 

PXG Gen4 0311 T (4) | DG X100

TM P730 (5-9) | DG X100 

TM MG3 (46.09, 54.13, 60.TW) | DG S300 

TM TP Soto CB

Ball: Taylormade TP5x 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 9:56 AM, OleVirginia said:

Try walking. Those magic hours are better enjoyed on foot.

TBM

100% This ^^^^^^^^^.  My goal any time I play in the evening is to be the last guy on the course.  I play until I can't see.  I walk and carry.  When the guy comes through pulling the pins I'll stop him and give him some golf balls and ask him to leave a ball on the green beside each cup when he pulls the pins so I can see where the hole is cut once the pin is gone.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SurfDuffer said:

100% This ^^^^^^^^^.  My goal any time I play in the evening is to be the last guy on the course.  I play until I can't see.  I walk and carry.  When the guy comes through pulling the pins I'll stop him and give him some golf balls and ask him to leave a ball on the green beside each cup when he pulls the pins so I can see where the hole is cut once the pin is gone.  

That’s a couple times now I’ve seen people mention the pins getting pulled at night. I don’t think any courses around here do that. We’ve seen (way too much this winter) pins sticking up through a couple feet of snow. 
 Surf, you’re lucky, seems like you’ve found a pretty good guy who will help you out that way with placing a ball in the green for you. Seems like those little customer service things are getting rarer and rarer. 

It was 84* here in NC last Thursday. I left work early and headed over to the city owned track to hit some balls on the range. The range used to be open to 9pm and had lights but I knew this had changed. Website said proshop closed at 5:30.

Got there at 4:35 for the cart guy to tell me shop closes at 4:30 and that "oh yeah, the website is wrong but we don't update it." Two of the six city commissioners do not support the course and constantly work to cut their funding. No wonder the course doesn't make any money when you close up before most people are even off work. They always complain that their district's get no use from the course and the city shouldn't provide the paltry $350K it does to help keep it operating. Considering the city's parks and rec budget is over $65 million and almost no other parks generate a single dollar of revenue the hate is pretty mind boggling.

6 hours ago, deadsolid...shank said:

That’s a couple times now I’ve seen people mention the pins getting pulled at night. I don’t think any courses around here do that. We’ve seen (way too much this winter) pins sticking up through a couple feet of snow. 
 Surf, you’re lucky, seems like you’ve found a pretty good guy who will help you out that way with placing a ball in the green for you. Seems like those little customer service things are getting rarer and rarer. 

I think they pull them so they don't get stolen by the neighborhood kids.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The rule at my course is that carts must be in 15 minutes "before dark."  The marshals on the course tell me that means 15 minutes before sunset.   I tell them no, sunset is not "dark."  It's dusk.  By definition, dark starts 30 minutes after sunset.  Hence, the carts must be no later than 15 minutes after sunset.  It's long running argument and they always complain when I bring the cart in 15 minutes after sunset, but nobody has kicked me off the course yet, so...

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 6:47 AM, jerebear21 said:

Folks have lives including workers.

If you plan to play late buy a pull cart. Problems solved. You are not entitled to anything.

No one is entitled to get what they pay for? Weird take. You pay extra for a cart. If they want their carts earlier then they should stop selling tee times with a cart early enough that the carts are back when they want them. Simple business decision that doesn’t punish the paying customer for having a busy schedule.

20 minutes ago, Typhoon1992 said:

I work at a course and the problem is all the 20-30 year olds that think they are “entitled” and don’t gives 2 sh**ts about anyone other than themselves.  We manage our tee sheet and when you go up to a group holding up the whole course they yell back at you saying “ I paid my money I’ll do what I want.”  So those are the people you deal with.  Golf is somewhere around 5th place after just driving around in a cart, smoking cigars acting like a fool and drinking beer.

Beginning of the round you tell them not to play the blue tees because they can’t hit it to the white tees and when nobody has made the turn in 45 minutes you go out there amd the “entitled boys” are playing the blues.  And again…” I paid my money I’ll do what I want.”  We throw people off the course all the time.  At the turn we’ll have 4 groups backed up… not the fault of managing the tee sheet, it’s these people that (unlike the pga tour players) can’t go more than 9 holes without another 12 pack and lunch.  So they back up the course getting their food.  If we had to manage for that there would be a half hour between groups.

We cut off carts because they have to be washed…. While there is daylight or tomorrow you get a cart with someone’s beer spilled all over the cart, food and cigar ash too.  Our carts don’t have headlights for a reason 

we must work at the same course 🙂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Barnacle said:

No one is entitled to get what they pay for? Weird take. You pay extra for a cart. If they want their carts earlier then they should stop selling tee times with a cart early enough that the carts are back when they want them. Simple business decision that doesn’t punish the paying customer for having a busy schedule.

Being reasonable isn’t a weird take. It’s common courtesy.  If you’re busy, dont play golf.  Nothing’s worst than being pushed by a busy dude trying to get it all in cuz he thinks his money is worth more than anyone else. It’s golf.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

6 hours ago, jerebear21 said:

Being reasonable isn’t a weird take. It’s common courtesy.  If you’re busy, dont play golf.  Nothing’s worst than being pushed by a busy dude trying to get it all in cuz he thinks his money is worth more than anyone else. It’s golf.

I'm not even sure if you're serious at this point. No one is suggesting someone's money is worth more than anyone else. If I go pay $50 for a round and then $15 for a cart at 4:30 PM after work and a normal round of golf should take 4 hours then it would be logically reasonable that I get the cart for the full time. If I have to give up the cart at 8 then I logically should get a discount on the cart fee. Or technically the correct thing for the course to do would be to stop selling carts at 4 so they are all in by 8. If the course is open until 9 pm because it's the middle of Summer and the Sun doesn't set until past 9 then it would appear to me that I have all the time in the world to play Golf.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I'm not even sure if you're serious at this point. No one is suggesting someone's money is worth more than anyone else. If I go pay $50 for a round and then $15 for a cart at 4:30 PM after work and a normal round of golf should take 4 hours then it would be logically reasonable that I get the cart for the full time. If I have to give up the cart at 8 then I logically should get a discount on the cart fee. Or technically the correct thing for the course to do would be to stop selling carts at 4 so they are all in by 8. If the course is open until 9 pm because it's the middle of Summer and the Sun doesn't set until past 9 then it would appear to me that I have all the time in the world to play Golf.

Highly doubt anyone paying twilight should expect to finish their round before sunset.  That’s why it’s discounted.  Even a 4pm tee time shouldn’t expect to finish.  

• Like 3

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

7 hours ago, Typhoon1992 said:

I work at a course and the problem is all the 20-30 year olds that think they are “entitled” and don’t gives 2 sh**ts about anyone other than themselves.  We manage our tee sheet and when you go up to a group holding up the whole course they yell back at you saying “ I paid my money I’ll do what I want.”  So those are the people you deal with.  Golf is somewhere around 5th place after just driving around in a cart, smoking cigars acting like a fool and drinking beer.

Beginning of the round you tell them not to play the blue tees because they can’t hit it to the white tees and when nobody has made the turn in 45 minutes you go out there amd the “entitled boys” are playing the blues.  And again…” I paid my money I’ll do what I want.”  We throw people off the course all the time.  At the turn we’ll have 4 groups backed up… not the fault of managing the tee sheet, it’s these people that (unlike the pga tour players) can’t go more than 9 holes without another 12 pack and lunch.  So they back up the course getting their food.  If we had to manage for that there would be a half hour between groups.

We cut off carts because they have to be washed…. While there is daylight or tomorrow you get a cart with someone’s beer spilled all over the cart, food and cigar ash too.  Our carts don’t have headlights for a reason 

You mentioned making the turn in 45 minutes. Is this a par 3 course?