"Carts due in by 8pm!"

kevina001

> @cval said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > Saw this article and thought of this thread. To those of you feeling like the course should "do something special for you" and stay open with an employee on staff while you finish your round "at your leisure" regardless of hours or rules - you can't have your cake and eat it too.

> I am amazed how somebody getting paid to do a job thinks they are asking for something special. Whatever happened to the customer is always right. It is when courses, businesses etc forget the reason they are in business is because of the paying customer. The business can have any policy they want but the customer may never return.

>

> Who posted about customers coming into a restaurant right before close and expecting a full menu. Why would they not you are open. If I was the owner I would want you serving those customers. You bend over backwards for them you have a customer for life. You tell them to leave they will never return.

> Costco does so well because of their great return policy, trying to return something before Costco was an act of god. (Most of those companies with strict return policies are now out of business).

>

Sounds right in theory. In practice, not every place needs your business to stay in business. There is a cost associated with bending over backwards for people and sometimes what you are paying is not worth putting up with you being a jerk.

I deal with vendors all the time in my work, both service providers and people selling me an actual product. They have policies concerning quotes, invoices, terms and conditions. They may let you be outside the terms on an invoice or two if you are a really good customer and worth it. Or if you are just a pain to deal with, hard to get the work scheduled, make the guys on site jump through hoops, etc and then not pay on time, that vendor will tell you to pound sand the next time you want a quote from them. They simply aren't making money putting up with that crap.

Same deal here. Paying two kids so you can skip balls on the pond on 16 in the dark is not making the course money. You can pound your chest and say, "Me customer, me number one," all you want or, "They are a golf course, they should be growing the game." The bottom line is exactly that, the bottom line. If it does not make the course money they stop doing it.

My local course has no twilight rate. They only differentiate between weekday and weekend and walking or riding and 9 or 18. If it rains in the middle of the afternoon they may go ahead and close up shop. At 5:00 if it has cleared off they may not be open at all.

Back patting time, I shot 39 and walked 9 in an hour and half yesterday afternoon in the heat with lightning cracking to the east.

• Like 3

> @smashdn said:

> > @cval said:

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > Saw this article and thought of this thread. To those of you feeling like the course should "do something special for you" and stay open with an employee on staff while you finish your round "at your leisure" regardless of hours or rules - you can't have your cake and eat it too.

> > I am amazed how somebody getting paid to do a job thinks they are asking for something special. Whatever happened to the customer is always right. It is when courses, businesses etc forget the reason they are in business is because of the paying customer. The business can have any policy they want but the customer may never return.

> >

> > Who posted about customers coming into a restaurant right before close and expecting a full menu. Why would they not you are open. If I was the owner I would want you serving those customers. You bend over backwards for them you have a customer for life. You tell them to leave they will never return.

> > Costco does so well because of their great return policy, trying to return something before Costco was an act of god. (Most of those companies with strict return policies are now out of business).

> >

>

> Sounds right in theory. In practice, not every place needs your business to stay in business. There is a cost associated with bending over backwards for people and sometimes what you are paying is not worth putting up with you being a jerk.

>

> I deal with vendors all the time in my work, both service providers and people selling me an actual product. They have policies concerning quotes, invoices, terms and conditions. They may let you be outside the terms on an invoice or two if you are a really good customer and worth it. Or if you are just a pain to deal with, hard to get the work scheduled, make the guys on site jump through hoops, etc and then not pay on time, that vendor will tell you to pound sand the next time you want a quote from them. They simply aren't making money putting up with that crap.

>

> Same deal here. Paying two kids so you can skip balls on the pond on 16 in the dark is not making the course money. You can pound your chest and say, "Me customer, me number one," all you want or, "They are a golf course, they should be growing the game." The bottom line is exactly that, the bottom line. If it does not make the course money they stop doing it.

>

> My local course has no twilight rate. They only differentiate between weekday and weekend and walking or riding and 9 or 18. If it rains in the middle of the afternoon they may go ahead and close up shop. At 5:00 if it has cleared off they may not be open at all.

>

> Back patting time, I shot 39 and walked 9 in an hour and half yesterday afternoon in the heat with lightning cracking to the east.

Good points.

Good round.

• Like 1

> @MountainKing said:

> **If you're paying full rate at 4:30pm, or beyond, then that's on you. If the course doesn't have a twilight rate then go find one that does.** I've never been to a course where the Twilight rate is a promise that you'll finish 18.

>

> Having worked at a course, almost every night there was somebody who insisted on staying on the course with the cart until after sunset and well after every other human being has left the place. The last year I worked there they implemented a similar policy but it was due to safety, there's too much you can't see on the course when it's dark. Unfortunately walkers caused the same problem, also for safety reasons employees were not able to leave until the course was clear. I never got it, how is it any fun playing golf when you can't see?

As I mentioned in my post that you did not choose to quote...I have pretty much made every effort to not play that course as a result of their policies. Also, I was just dropping in my personal experience because this topic reminded me of this one specific example.

I am jealous if you are so flush with courses nearby that you have multiple realistic options close by for a late afternoon/evening round or if your life situation allows for you to have much more flexibility in planning and playing golf than mine. Which would have led you to make the flippant comment I bolded. For me, and I have lived in a few major metro markets, I generally have had 4 or so courses I can get to under a half hour. Take weekday league play, busy tee sheets, etc. into consideration and sometimes there is no choice, or even no option. And as a working stiff with a train commute Mon-Fri, and living in an area where the weather seems to conspire against me, my golfing opportunities are not an every day or even every week occurrence.

Finally, to answer your question, golf is one of my few hobbies for fun. Given my limited playing availability, sometimes that means chasing the sun and sneaking in as many holes as possible.

Unless you are starting a camp fire you should be done before it’s pitch black! While I love twilight golf (never can do do it sadly) I’m pretty sure most here are not advocating staying out until the vampires arrive. Might be getting there by the time the trunk slams however ?.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

> @umassgolfer said:

> > @MountainKing said:

> > **If you're paying full rate at 4:30pm, or beyond, then that's on you. If the course doesn't have a twilight rate then go find one that does.** I've never been to a course where the Twilight rate is a promise that you'll finish 18.

> >

> > Having worked at a course, almost every night there was somebody who insisted on staying on the course with the cart until after sunset and well after every other human being has left the place. The last year I worked there they implemented a similar policy but it was due to safety, there's too much you can't see on the course when it's dark. Unfortunately walkers caused the same problem, also for safety reasons employees were not able to leave until the course was clear. I never got it, how is it any fun playing golf when you can't see?

>

> As I mentioned in my post that you did not choose to quote...I have pretty much made every effort to not play that course as a result of their policies. Also, I was just dropping in my personal experience because this topic reminded me of this one specific example.

>

> I am jealous if you are so flush with courses nearby that you have multiple realistic options close by for a late afternoon/evening round or if your life situation allows for you to have much more flexibility in planning and playing golf than mine. Which would have led you to make the flippant comment I bolded. For me, and I have lived in a few major metro markets, I generally have had 4 or so courses I can get to under a half hour. Take weekday league play, busy tee sheets, etc. into consideration and sometimes there is no choice, or even no option. And as a working stiff with a train commute Mon-Fri, and living in an area where the weather seems to conspire against me, my golfing opportunities are not an every day or even every week occurrence.

>

> Finally, to answer your question, golf is one of my few hobbies for fun. Given my limited playing availability, sometimes that means chasing the sun and sneaking in as many holes as possible.

>

I didn't mean anything bad toward your situation. It's really up to you and what you want to pay. Having traveled all over I have not been to too many places, big or small, where courses don't offer a twilight rate or the greens fees are so cheap that it doesn't matter. There's nothing wrong with chasing the sun, and I get life situations result in that, but you also have to remember that others that are waiting on you have their own life situations as well. There's a balance and a fine line. When I worked in the industry it sucked starting at 1pm then having to be there until 10pm because one guy decided he wanted to play night golf.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

My local course has a reasonably strict carts at sunset policy. Since a cart is included in the twilight and super twilight prices, I will take one and use it for 9 holes, at which point I drop it off at the clubhouse and play what else I can. It’s great that the back 9 can be played 10-11-12-13-18 which usually means I’m on 18 in the pitch black.

Would I prefer the carts out later? Yes I would. But with how late into the dark a bunch of us regulars play, I get the other side of it too.

• Like 1

> @MountainKing said:

> > @umassgolfer said:

> > > @MountainKing said:

> > > **If you're paying full rate at 4:30pm, or beyond, then that's on you. If the course doesn't have a twilight rate then go find one that does.** I've never been to a course where the Twilight rate is a promise that you'll finish 18.

> > >

> > > Having worked at a course, almost every night there was somebody who insisted on staying on the course with the cart until after sunset and well after every other human being has left the place. The last year I worked there they implemented a similar policy but it was due to safety, there's too much you can't see on the course when it's dark. Unfortunately walkers caused the same problem, also for safety reasons employees were not able to leave until the course was clear. I never got it, how is it any fun playing golf when you can't see?

> >

> > As I mentioned in my post that you did not choose to quote...I have pretty much made every effort to not play that course as a result of their policies. Also, I was just dropping in my personal experience because this topic reminded me of this one specific example.

> >

> > I am jealous if you are so flush with courses nearby that you have multiple realistic options close by for a late afternoon/evening round or if your life situation allows for you to have much more flexibility in planning and playing golf than mine. Which would have led you to make the flippant comment I bolded. For me, and I have lived in a few major metro markets, I generally have had 4 or so courses I can get to under a half hour. Take weekday league play, busy tee sheets, etc. into consideration and sometimes there is no choice, or even no option. And as a working stiff with a train commute Mon-Fri, and living in an area where the weather seems to conspire against me, my golfing opportunities are not an every day or even every week occurrence.

> >

> > Finally, to answer your question, golf is one of my few hobbies for fun. Given my limited playing availability, sometimes that means chasing the sun and sneaking in as many holes as possible.

> >

>

> I didn't mean anything bad toward your situation. It's really up to you and what you want to pay. Having traveled all over I have not been to too many places, big or small, where courses don't offer a twilight rate or the greens fees are so cheap that it doesn't matter. There's nothing wrong with chasing the sun, and I get life situations result in that, but you also have to remember that others that are waiting on you have their own life situations as well. There's a balance and a fine line. When I worked in the industry it sucked starting at 1pm then having to be there until 10pm because one guy decided he wanted to play night golf.

I assume then that you’ve never had the pleasure of working in a high demand fast paced environment. There were times in my career where a 9 hour day felt like part time work. I’m not a huge fan of overtime these days (I’ve put in my time on that one), but when I wore a younger mans shoes, 12-18 hour days (7 days a week for weeks/months at a time) were a regular occurrence.

> @kevina001 said:

> Other than bad greens, the worst feature a golf course can have is a policy demanding the carts are returned well before dark. I play most of my golf in the evenings, and the long daylight hours of the summertime are great for that. Hate when my time on the course is limited by these awful policies. Carts should be due in when it gets too dark to play.

>

> I've found that the **Myrtle Beach area** is the biggest offender of this. I've been to courses there where they kick you off the course by 6pm or so....in the late spring/summer! Anyone else ever encounter this nonsense?

I don't have a dog in this fight, just a note on the Myrtle Beach market. The courses here make their money in the Spring and Fall peak golf seasons. The rates are lower in the summer when tourists can play golf back home.

> @bigred90gt said:

>

>

> > @MountainKing said:

> > > @umassgolfer said:

> > > > @MountainKing said:

> > > > **If you're paying full rate at 4:30pm, or beyond, then that's on you. If the course doesn't have a twilight rate then go find one that does.** I've never been to a course where the Twilight rate is a promise that you'll finish 18.

> > > >

> > > > Having worked at a course, almost every night there was somebody who insisted on staying on the course with the cart until after sunset and well after every other human being has left the place. The last year I worked there they implemented a similar policy but it was due to safety, there's too much you can't see on the course when it's dark. Unfortunately walkers caused the same problem, also for safety reasons employees were not able to leave until the course was clear. I never got it, how is it any fun playing golf when you can't see?

> > >

> > > As I mentioned in my post that you did not choose to quote...I have pretty much made every effort to not play that course as a result of their policies. Also, I was just dropping in my personal experience because this topic reminded me of this one specific example.

> > >

> > > I am jealous if you are so flush with courses nearby that you have multiple realistic options close by for a late afternoon/evening round or if your life situation allows for you to have much more flexibility in planning and playing golf than mine. Which would have led you to make the flippant comment I bolded. For me, and I have lived in a few major metro markets, I generally have had 4 or so courses I can get to under a half hour. Take weekday league play, busy tee sheets, etc. into consideration and sometimes there is no choice, or even no option. And as a working stiff with a train commute Mon-Fri, and living in an area where the weather seems to conspire against me, my golfing opportunities are not an every day or even every week occurrence.

> > >

> > > Finally, to answer your question, golf is one of my few hobbies for fun. Given my limited playing availability, sometimes that means chasing the sun and sneaking in as many holes as possible.

> > >

> >

> > I didn't mean anything bad toward your situation. It's really up to you and what you want to pay. Having traveled all over I have not been to too many places, big or small, where courses don't offer a twilight rate or the greens fees are so cheap that it doesn't matter. There's nothing wrong with chasing the sun, and I get life situations result in that, but you also have to remember that others that are waiting on you have their own life situations as well. There's a balance and a fine line. When I worked in the industry it sucked starting at 1pm then having to be there until 10pm because one guy decided he wanted to play night golf.

>

> I assume then that you’ve never had the pleasure of working in a high demand fast paced environment. There were times in my career where a 9 hour day felt like part time work. I’m not a huge fan of overtime these days (I’ve put in my time on that one), but when I wore a younger mans shoes, 12-18 hour days (7 days a week for weeks/months at a time) were a regular occurrence.

>

Would the medical field qualify as high demand and fast paced?

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @islesmb said:

> > @kevina001 said:

> > Other than bad greens, the worst feature a golf course can have is a policy demanding the carts are returned well before dark. I play most of my golf in the evenings, and the long daylight hours of the summertime are great for that. Hate when my time on the course is limited by these awful policies. Carts should be due in when it gets too dark to play.

> >

> > I've found that the **Myrtle Beach area** is the biggest offender of this. I've been to courses there where they kick you off the course by 6pm or so....in the late spring/summer! Anyone else ever encounter this nonsense?

>

> I don't have a dog in this fight, just a note on the Myrtle Beach market. The courses here make their money in the Spring and Fall peak golf seasons. The rates are lower in the summer when tourists can play golf back home.

Myrtle Beach and cheap summer golf just go hand and hand. And some courses, I mean CHEAP! Of course resident rates are not bad during peak season but I rarely play then anyway. Never played any courses where I was kicked off at 6pm so I'm not sure where original poster was playing. Reasonable time for cart return is just....reasonable.

Why do anyone send out carts less than five ours before they are to be returned? Are they mandatory but still due in after only a couple of hours?

As a Swede steeped in the British golf tradition I find threads about carts exotic. In Sweden we always walk, sometimes carrying and sometimes with a trolley.

Hey chopper, what are you hitting there?
Callaway Rouge Sub Zero 9°
TM SLDR S 17° 4-wood
Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21° driving iron

Dynacraft (?) 24° 4-iron
Titleist AP2 710 5-pw
Wilson FG Tour PMP 52, 56, 60­°
Rife 460 Tour Blade

After how long does being "out of form" turn into "a bad golfer"?

> @"Strömsborg" said:

> Why do anyone send out carts less than five ours before they are to be returned? Are they mandatory but still due in after only a couple of hours?

>

> As a Swede steeped in the British golf tradition I find threads about carts exotic. In Sweden we always walk, sometimes carrying and sometimes with a trolley.

In America we are all invalids.

Actually the courses have found that carts are a handy additional revenue stream and a fair percentage of courses here are simply not walkable. Long green to tee walks or going up and down hills that are just too steep to walk. Unfortunately, walking is the exception here not the rule. When you pay to play you have to tell them at the pro shop you are walking otherwise the default is they will charge you and assume you are using a cart.

> @smashdn said:

> > @"Strömsborg" said:

> > Why do anyone send out carts less than five ours before they are to be returned? Are they mandatory but still due in after only a couple of hours?

> >

> > As a Swede steeped in the British golf tradition I find threads about carts exotic. In Sweden we always walk, sometimes carrying and sometimes with a trolley.

>

> In America we are all invalids.

>

> Actually the courses have found that **carts are a handy additional revenue stream** and a fair percentage of courses here are simply not walkable. Long green to tee walks or going up and down hills that are just too steep to walk. Unfortunately, walking is the exception here not the rule. When you pay to play you have to tell them at the pro shop you are walking otherwise the default is they will charge you and assume you are using a cart.

Ding!Ding!Ding! We have a winner. Let's not kid ourselves on why carts are out there. All about the green$. I get there are places that might get too hot, but a lot of courses, encourage the beer consumption, put speakers in, all so you can want a cart.

As for the thread itself.... the attitude behind getting the carts in early seems to come from the same mentality that has created the slow play problem. Course owners are so afraid of ticking off the group that holds everyone up and losing their money, but they don't think about the 15 groups behind that don't want to come back because of the slow play. As was mentioned earlier, penny wise, pound foolish.

• Like 1

> @umassgolfer said:

> > @bigred90gt said:

> > > @umassgolfer said:

> > > > @kg92lefty said:

> > > > > @umassgolfer said:

> > > > > Also - there is a specific example this thread reminded me of.

> > > > >

> > > > > There is a golden-age course that the county purchased and recently put a ton of money into. Relatively reasonable, especially to walk as I prefer. Fun layout. But I won't play it anymore. They lock the gates at 8:00, 8:30 during peak of summer - carts due 20 minutes earlier. And by "lock the gates" I mean the gates to the street from the parking lot. So if you're walking, you better budget an extra 25 minutes or so to walk back in, change shoes, etc. I've never really tested this policy but have seen the staff standing by the gate 10 minutes before their "lock-up" time and based on how they operate the rest of the time, don't really want to call their bluff.

> > > > >

> > > > > Since I live in the county next to this course, I cannot make tee times in advance, and as such the course is pretty much only useful to me as a last minute/twilight round.

> > > > >

> > > > >** To make things worse, this course's twilight rate kicks in at 4 or 5 depending on the season**, and cart fee is not discounted regardless of when you take it out. So, the last hour or so of standard rate tee times are pretty much guaranteed not to finish, but pay full rate.

> > > >

> > > > Twilight is not guaranteed to finish. Or at least that's how it started out, now you have super twilight or such.

> > >

> > > Correct, but if you tee off at 4:30 in the summer, you're paying full rate. And likely only finishing 15 holes, since there is no marshalling of the course for pace of play and a 4.5-5+ hour round is not uncommon. The fact that you are likely to get pulled off the course early, with daylight left, after a slow pace of play, after paying full rate, regardless of whether you walk or ride, is no good.

> > >

> > > Maybe a twilight/super twilight distinction would help, but seems like it would behoove the course to just pay a few employees an extra half hour and not take the cut on greens fees.

> > Where would you be paying full rate at 4:30pm? Around here, during summer hours, twilight starts anywhere from 2:30-3:30, depending on the course. If 4.30pm was full rate and 5 hour round, no one would play around here.

>

> Like I said, this is an example of one specific course, and why I don't get out there anymore. Because I don't want to pay full rate and not finish. County card holders pay reduced rate (I am not in county so not eligible) - makes it like $35 or so to walk vs. $55. At that rate I would feel more OK with it, and I assume others are the same. It's their course and their decision and clearly it works for them or they'd change their policy, but it means I (and many others) will not play there.

>

> There are simply not many public courses in the close-by part of the NYC suburbs I live in, so options are very limited. There are more options, though not as interesting layouts, once you get to a 45 minute drive away. If I can't leave my house until 3:30, the 15 minute drive would be a much more attractive option to the extra half hour drive and hoping to get out immediately.

You have answered your own question. You are complaining about the business practice of a course that pretty clearly doesn't have to cater to you, or anyone else, because they get plenty of play and have whatever their own reasons are for making sure carts are in by a given time.

Or maybe it's because they are a muni, and follow strict policies about overtime and such. Doesn't matter: get over it, or play those other options.

There are lots of different golf course businesses - private clubs, semi-private, public, muni. Privates - members and management decide, and change if warranted, members get input, no issue. If a member flaunts the policy, actions can be taken. All the others make business decisions (including the munis that are in the government business), and they make their judgments about the cost/benefit of enforcing a cart policy like this. I've played some sort of public options for 30 years, and play a lot of afternoon and evening golf. I wouldn't think about taking a cart later in the day without asking about when carts are expected in. I would guess it has been 90/10, with 90% having an expected time and 10% saying come in when you want. Public golf takes all comers, and unfortunately many rules have to be set to address the 5% who take advantage (intentionally or drunkenly).

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

> @"North Butte" said:

> Running a business properly always seems "obvious" to those who don't have to actually run a business. And to a customer, that "obvious" way is whatever makes it most convenient and cheapest for himself.

That is so correct. It’s really easy to run it from the outside looking in.

People that work at the course want to get home at a semi-reasonable hour and in Myrtle Beach, those people working (which usually includes the pro shop and the cart barn) have probably been there for 10-12 hours anyway and then have to get back to work the next day at 8 am.

What I dislike is the range that I'm a member says the last large bucket is sold at 7:30, then the last medium is sold at 7:45 and the last small is sold at 8:00...but, the last ball is hit at 8:30. Just say that the last ball is hit at 8:30 and be done with it.

RH

> @JoeyJoeyJoeJoe said:

> No offense, but if you're working at a golf course and you're resentful towards the twilight golfers for holding you up, find another job. Its that simple.

No offense, but if you think the cartboys are the ones setting the cart policy, then you kind of misunderstand the golf course business. It's that simple.

• Like 2

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

I think the point is being reasonable. I'm a walker. There is a sweet spot between pitch black and an hour before sunset. One of my local courses wants the carts back in early so the workers can go home early. They emphasize this at least 3 times telling you what time the carts are due back. Another of my local courses doesn't care. I've come off 18 well after dark and there was a guy hosing down a cart with a smile on his face. For selfish reasons, I like the carts in early policy as it clears up the course when twilight hits and I can squeeze in a few more holes. The bats are out and the deer, that have been laying low all day, come out and look at me funny. Like, what are you doing out here, it's almost dark. It's our time to enjoy the golf course. The air gets heavier and the temperature drops a few degrees. Ah, it's a great time to be on the golf course.

• Like 1

> @JoeyJoeyJoeJoe said:

> No offense, but if you're working at a golf course and you're resentful towards the twilight golfers for holding you up, find another job. Its that simple.

Saying “no offense” doesn’t change the condescending tone.

What really is simple is if there is a policy in place. If the policy says carts in by twilight, dusk, or8:00, and you’re out there past that deadline, then they have every right to be resentful. If the coursehas no deadline, then you’re correct, suck it up (but I bet they knew that was the policy prior to signing on) But I hate that “find another job” statement.

Our range and pro shop close at 6pm in summer and 5pm in fall/winter. I’ve abundantly complained. It’s a private club owned by @clubcorp. After 7 years we are leaving at the end of July. We will be moving full time to the semi-private club in our neighborhood. No fancy restaurant or facilities. Just an awesome Arnold Palmer designed course. Shop stays open late and the range is open as long as you want as long as you have balls to hit.

King F9 9* HZDRS Smoke 6.0
Rogue 3W Evenflow Blue
Rogue 5W Evenflow Blue
714 AP2 4-W
MD4 52*
MD4 56*
MD4 60*
Odyssey O-Works #1 Black

> @JoeyJoeyJoeJoe said:

Nobody is resentful to twilight golfers, they're resentful to the people who are on the course past sundown. It's no different than the guy who walks into a retail store a minute before close, browses for 30 minutes and buys a $5 item or somebody walking into a restaurant 5 minutes before closing and wanting a full meal with apps, desert ect. Nobody should be told to find another job because less than 1% of the population can't figure it out and read a situation.

When I worked at courses in the Chicago area most of them you worked either 5am to 1pm or 1pm to 9pm. On the weekends you did both shifts on different days, it sucked being on the 1-9 on a Sat and being there until 10pm then having to be back at 5 the next morning. Of course, if you're the type to be playing past a reasonable hour then you don't care anyway because you're all about what you want. If people were reasonable and had some common sense, these type of rules probably wouldn't be a thing.

• Like 2

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @RichieHunt said:

> People that work at the course want to get home at a semi-reasonable hour and in Myrtle Beach, those people working (which usually includes the pro shop and the cart barn) have probably been there for 10-12 hours anyway and then have to get back to work the next day at 8 am.

>

> What I dislike is the range that I'm a member says the last large bucket is sold at 7:30, then the last medium is sold at 7:45 and the last small is sold at 8:00...but, the last ball is hit at 8:30. Just say that the last ball is hit at 8:30 and be done with it.

>

>

>

>

> RH

Do they have rules for bathroom use too?

If you have to go a little, start at 8:12

If you have to go a lot, start at 8:10

If you have an old man prostate, please start at 7:45

If you had the supreme enchiladas at Pepe's the evening prior, please allow 10-18 extra minutes.

Look can we all just agree if there is no stated policy anywhere it seems pretty reasonable to assume you should have the cart in by the time the sun goes down and if someone comes up to you with a half hour of daylight left telling you to get in then that's pretty crappy. If there is a stated policy then it is what it is, that's what you acknowledge when you decide to play.

last time i checked -- stores that have stated hours don't close early b/c 'they want to get home to their families'; golf courses don't have hours except for 'sun up/down' most of the time. these jobs are usually not held by people making a ton of money --- you stay till the job is done. if i paid for a round of golf where i needed a cart, and they told me i had to return it before the round was done -- i will finish my round and return the cart; even if it's past 8pm. sorry kid, wash it and then go home.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I guess this stuff is geographically determined. Perhaps there are places where most course just expect golfers to be out carting around after dark.

In my area, I've not played enough to be familiar with every course in town but the ones I am familiar with (public and private) tell golfers what time the pro shop closes and what time carts are due back. I've never seen "sundown" posted, it is always a specific time.