2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

stasek

> @Symphonize said:

> > @leric90 said:

> > Hey Guys! I have a spot open for Cantigny at 1:20 tomorrow, $46, if anyone wants to join, just let me know Thanks!

>

> Is that for 9 or 18? May be available for that

hey! thanks for responding, someone already filled in a little earlier :( and it was for 18! lets grab a round next time!

> @leric90 said:

> > @Symphonize said:

> > > @leric90 said:

> > > Hey Guys! I have a spot open for Cantigny at 1:20 tomorrow, $46, if anyone wants to join, just let me know Thanks!

> >

> > Is that for 9 or 18? May be available for that

>

> hey! thanks for responding, someone already filled in a little earlier :( and it was for 18! lets grab a round next time!

For sure. I’m living up north in Wauconda but in Carol stream tonight so that woulda been close. Haven’t played there yet but would like to get out there eventually.

Played 36 at Thunderhawk last Thursday - what a nice course. I had a friend say that it's one of the hardest courses in the Chicagoland area and I can't say that I disagree, but I feel like Mistwood and Highlands of Elgin are much tougher. I'm just curious: in your opinion, what are the hardest Chicagoland area courses?

And not that it needs more recommendations, but I highly recommend playing Thunderhawk. It's worth the trek.

> @Dashfast said:

> Played 36 at Thunderhawk last Thursday - what a nice course. I had a friend say that it's one of the hardest courses in the Chicagoland area and I can't say that I disagree, but I feel like Mistwood and Highlands of Elgin are much tougher. I'm just curious: in your opinion, what are the hardest Chicagoland area courses?

>

> And not that it needs more recommendations, but I highly recommend playing Thunderhawk. It's worth the trek.

Big Run and Mackray Memorial just because of the greens are some of the toughest I’ve played. I’ve never played it, but I hear Butler National is the toughest in town.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

> @Dashfast said:

> Played 36 at Thunderhawk last Thursday - what a nice course. I had a friend say that it's one of the hardest courses in the Chicagoland area and I can't say that I disagree, but I feel like Mistwood and Highlands of Elgin are much tougher. I'm just curious: in your opinion, what are the hardest Chicagoland area courses?

>

> And not that it needs more recommendations, but I highly recommend playing Thunderhawk. It's worth the trek.

Played Thunderhawk late June for an outing. And yeah it was tough. We had 3 in our group with only 1 long hitter, and struggled to hit one over. That was playing from 6600 with wet fairways thus no roll, but still yeah not an easy course. Hope to get out there next year again though. But all together a great course.

And actually going out to Highlands of Elgin tomorrow morning for the first time. Been wanting to get out there for a while. Your post about it being one of the hardest was probably not the best to read right before my round. Oh well hopefully things go well.

Got out to Apple Orchard Par 3 today with my dad and brother, my brother just started a few months ago. I Got a birdie on 7, put the 120 yard shot to 3 feet which felt great.

Drove to TPC at Deere Run. Was supposed to rain, but luckily it never did. Love the service at this place and they give you a free subscription to Golf Digest for playing. Course was just OK this time. Greens were only running at 10. Lots of burnt out and dead areas due to the tournament last month. The rough was maybe the thickest I have ever seen which made missing fairways very challenging on the approaches. I want to play it in the spring next year, before the tournament.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Sooooo, I’ve taken up fishing last June and took a break from golf. 12 rods, reels, and $$$ on tackle later, I’m starting to play some golf again.

So, a buddy of mine gave me a couple tickets for the BMW. Took my 8 yr old daughter and we had a blast. She got fist bumps from Chez Reavie, Ryan Moore and Patrick Reed. She had a great time and now she wants to learn to play golf. Happy dad!

• Like 1

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

> @Scratch2Plus said:

> Sooooo, I’ve taken up fishing last June and took a break from golf. 12 rods, reels, and $$$ on tackle later, I’m starting to play some golf again.

>

> So, a buddy of mine gave me a couple tickets for the BMW. Took my 8 yr old daughter and we had a blast. She got fist bumps from Chez Reavie, Ryan Moore and Patrick Reed. She had a great time and now she wants to learn to play golf. Happy dad!

>

He's alive!!!

> @Dashfast said:

> I'm just curious: in your opinion, what are the hardest Chicagoland area courses?

>

Tough question. There are courses that have difficult stretches of holes, but overall fall into the middle ground, e.g. Seven Bridges, Lost Marsh. A few that come to mind in the Chicagoland area (90 mi radius) include Whittaker Woods, Big Run, White Deer Run, Oak Grove, and Dubsdread. I think narrow tree-lined courses are harder than the scorecards indicate, especially if one is having an off day driving the ball, e.g. White Pines.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Got my first look at the Sunset Valley re-design this weekend. Gotta give them props, they really did the best possible job they could with the real estate they had to work with. Aesthetically, the course is beautiful and in fantastic shape. It's still very tight and narrow, even without all the trees. Not a lot of fairway to work with. But those greens, those greens are easily the best I've seen in Illinois this year. Even in wet conditions they were extremely fast and rolled perfectly. Didn't see a single ball roll offline or hit a bump the entire round.

> @Symphonize said:

> > @leric90 said:

> > > @Symphonize said:

> > > > @leric90 said:

> > > > Hey Guys! I have a spot open for Cantigny at 1:20 tomorrow, $46, if anyone wants to join, just let me know Thanks!

> > >

> > > Is that for 9 or 18? May be available for that

> >

> > hey! thanks for responding, someone already filled in a little earlier :( and it was for 18! lets grab a round next time!

>

> For sure. I’m living up north in Wauconda but in Carol stream tonight so that woulda been close. Haven’t played there yet but would like to get out there eventually.

Hey, I'm in Wauconda, too! :smile:

> @zer0 said:

> Got my first look at the Sunset Valley re-design this weekend. Gotta give them props, they really did the best possible job they could with the real estate they had to work with. Aesthetically, the course is beautiful and in fantastic shape. It's still very tight and narrow, even without all the trees. Not a lot of fairway to work with. But those greens, those greens are easily the best I've seen in Illinois this year. Even in wet conditions they were extremely fast and rolled perfectly. Didn't see a single ball roll offline or hit a bump the entire round.

The greens are still a little too firm for my liking, although the recent rains may have softened them up a bit. 'Probably take another season or two and they'll be wonderful.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Took a weekend trip to Michigan and played Brookwood and then Whitaker Woods. Brookwood is pretty forgettable and I will not be going back. I guess you can't expect much for $30 but you literally could not tell the difference between the fairway and rough. Whittaker was gorgeous as always and easily one of the toughest public courses in the area. There are about 4-5 par 4's that are tree lined with no room for error. Loved every second of it, including the lightning storms.

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @zer0 said:

> > Got my first look at the Sunset Valley re-design this weekend. Gotta give them props, they really did the best possible job they could with the real estate they had to work with. Aesthetically, the course is beautiful and in fantastic shape. It's still very tight and narrow, even without all the trees. Not a lot of fairway to work with. But those greens, those greens are easily the best I've seen in Illinois this year. Even in wet conditions they were extremely fast and rolled perfectly. Didn't see a single ball roll offline or hit a bump the entire round.

>

> The greens are still a little too firm for my liking, although the recent rains may have softened them up a bit. 'Probably take another season or two and they'll be wonderful.

Rain must've done a job on them cause they were holding pretty good and I was making ball marks even on short 40-50 yard wedge shots.. Even with the rain, they were still running really fast.

> @Scratch2Plus said:

> Sooooo, I’ve taken up fishing last June and took a break from golf. 12 rods, reels, and $$$ on tackle later, I’m starting to play some golf again.

>

> So, a buddy of mine gave me a couple tickets for the BMW. Took my 8 yr old daughter and we had a blast. She got fist bumps from Chez Reavie, Ryan Moore and Patrick Reed. She had a great time and now she wants to learn to play golf. Happy dad!

>

Haha! Been there, done that! 12 rods.... good start???. While I still play ~once a week, the practice time has gone to virtually zero. Hit some balls or pond hop/wade Des Plaines????? Not a fair fight....

• Like 1

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

> @Scratch2Plus said:

>

>

Are the rods and reels JDM??

• Like 1

> @zer0 said:

> Gonna play the Brassie for the first time next Sunday. Needed a place in between Chicago and South Bend to meet a buddy driving from South Bend. Brassie looks pretty nice and it's under $50 on Sunday. Anyone played there? Thoughts?

>

>

Yeah, it's a decent prairie style layout. It's not going to blow you away, but it's not a goat track.

Traveling group plus a long overdue round with our own @jimwgt26 headed to Redtail Saturday, had never heard of it or the town of Lakewood before, but as it turned out it the location that far north probably saved us from getting rained on more than the brief spitting we saw on the 10th hole. Pretty neat little course with a couple really cool looking holes in the middle, was in nice shape but there was oddly inconsistent spots on the course in terms of being wet and soft or dry and hard. Hit a few drives that ran out a ton due to dry spots, but the greens were incredibly soft and even more so slow. Our group consistently left putts short and couldn't figure it out for a long time. Shot a personal best -2 70 which could have been better if not for four 3 putts, but I attribute some of the good and bad scoring to the greens being so receptive yet slow. Saw a group member drop a shot from about 100 on a par 5 for an eagle net ace, rendering the eagle putt I dropped a few minutes later completely worthless. All in all a very nice day, great weather, great scoring, great company, can't ask for much more.

• Like 2

> @VNutz said

> >

>

> Are the rods and reels JDM??

95% JDM with “special” bearings that makes them cast a mile... ????

Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

> @VNutz said:

> > @Scratch2Plus said:

> > Sooooo, I’ve taken up fishing last June and took a break from golf. 12 rods, reels, and $$$ on tackle later, I’m starting to play some golf again.

> >

> > So, a buddy of mine gave me a couple tickets for the BMW. Took my 8 yr old daughter and we had a blast. She got fist bumps from Chez Reavie, Ryan Moore and Patrick Reed. She had a great time and now she wants to learn to play golf. Happy dad!

> >

>

> He's alive!!!

Wow V...I guess I didn't win the Dead Pool money after all.

• Like 1

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @VNutz said:

> > > @Scratch2Plus said:

> > > Sooooo, I’ve taken up fishing last June and took a break from golf. 12 rods, reels, and $$$ on tackle later, I’m starting to play some golf again.

> > >

> > > So, a buddy of mine gave me a couple tickets for the BMW. Took my 8 yr old daughter and we had a blast. She got fist bumps from Chez Reavie, Ryan Moore and Patrick Reed. She had a great time and now she wants to learn to play golf. Happy dad!

> > >

> >

> > He's alive!!!

>

> Wow V...I guess I didn't win the Dead Pool money after all.

Truth be told, I was held captive in Danielle's basement. Meow. ?

Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

> @Scratch2Plus said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > @VNutz said:

> > > > @Scratch2Plus said:

> > > > Sooooo, I’ve taken up fishing last June and took a break from golf. 12 rods, reels, and $$$ on tackle later, I’m starting to play some golf again.

> > > >

> > > > So, a buddy of mine gave me a couple tickets for the BMW. Took my 8 yr old daughter and we had a blast. She got fist bumps from Chez Reavie, Ryan Moore and Patrick Reed. She had a great time and now she wants to learn to play golf. Happy dad!

> > > >

> > >

> > > He's alive!!!

> >

> > Wow V...I guess I didn't win the Dead Pool money after all.

>

> Truth be told, I was held captive in Danielle's basement. Meow. ?

Truth be told, I shared with V that she probably came back into town, invited you over, drugged you with some rye and you ended up chained in her basement as her slave.

• Like 1

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @Scratch2Plus said:

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > @VNutz said:

> > > > > @Scratch2Plus said:

> > > > > Sooooo, I’ve taken up fishing last June and took a break from golf. 12 rods, reels, and $$$ on tackle later, I’m starting to play some golf again.

> > > > >

> > > > > So, a buddy of mine gave me a couple tickets for the BMW. Took my 8 yr old daughter and we had a blast. She got fist bumps from Chez Reavie, Ryan Moore and Patrick Reed. She had a great time and now she wants to learn to play golf. Happy dad!

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > He's alive!!!

> > >

> > > Wow V...I guess I didn't win the Dead Pool money after all.

> >

> > Truth be told, I was held captive in Danielle's basement. Meow. ?

>

> Truth be told, I shared with V that she probably came back into town, invited you over, drugged you with some rye and you ended up chained in her basement as her slave.

Minus a kidney ?

• Like 1

Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @Scratch2Plus said:

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > @VNutz said:

> > > > > @Scratch2Plus said:

> > > > > Sooooo, I’ve taken up fishing last June and took a break from golf. 12 rods, reels, and $$$ on tackle later, I’m starting to play some golf again.

> > > > >

> > > > > So, a buddy of mine gave me a couple tickets for the BMW. Took my 8 yr old daughter and we had a blast. She got fist bumps from Chez Reavie, Ryan Moore and Patrick Reed. She had a great time and now she wants to learn to play golf. Happy dad!

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > He's alive!!!

> > >

> > > Wow V...I guess I didn't win the Dead Pool money after all.

> >

> > Truth be told, I was held captive in Danielle's basement. Meow. ?

>

> Truth be told, I shared with V that she probably came back into town, invited you over, drugged you with some rye and you ended up chained in her basement as her slave.

I would think it's the opposite and maybe someone should be doing a wellness check on Ms. Danielle today :wink:

• Like 1

> @sma said:

> > @Symphonize said:

> > > @leric90 said:

> > > > @Symphonize said:

> > > > > @leric90 said:

> > > > > Hey Guys! I have a spot open for Cantigny at 1:20 tomorrow, $46, if anyone wants to join, just let me know Thanks!

> > > >

> > > > Is that for 9 or 18? May be available for that

> > >

> > > hey! thanks for responding, someone already filled in a little earlier :( and it was for 18! lets grab a round next time!

> >

> > For sure. I’m living up north in Wauconda but in Carol stream tonight so that woulda been close. Haven’t played there yet but would like to get out there eventually.

>

> Hey, I'm in Wauconda, too! :smile:

Let’s get out for a round some time.

> @Dashfast said:

> @Symphonize - Eager to hear about your Highlands experience...

Actually had a great round for me today, one of my best to date, shot a 91 with 7 pars and 6 greens. Had about 3 looks from less that 10 feet for birdie but couldn’t convert. I really liked the course, definitely lived up to expectations for me as I’ve been wanting to play it for a year now. I remember reading a few pages back about the fairways being a little mushy, especially right in front of the greens. I did run into that a few times, but it wasn’t horrible. An 8 on Hole 10 to start my back nine probably kept me from shooting a sub 90 round.

> @zer0 said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > @Scratch2Plus said:

> > > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > > @VNutz said:

> > > > > > @Scratch2Plus said:

> > > > > > Sooooo, I’ve taken up fishing last June and took a break from golf. 12 rods, reels, and $$$ on tackle later, I’m starting to play some golf again.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So, a buddy of mine gave me a couple tickets for the BMW. Took my 8 yr old daughter and we had a blast. She got fist bumps from Chez Reavie, Ryan Moore and Patrick Reed. She had a great time and now she wants to learn to play golf. Happy dad!

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > He's alive!!!

> > > >

> > > > Wow V...I guess I didn't win the Dead Pool money after all.

> > >

> > > Truth be told, I was held captive in Danielle's basement. Meow. ?

> >

> > Truth be told, I shared with V that she probably came back into town, invited you over, drugged you with some rye and you ended up chained in her basement as her slave.

>

> I would think it's the opposite and maybe someone should be doing a wellness check on Ms. Danielle today :wink:

Clearly you haven't met Danielle.

• Like 1