2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

stasek

Yeah, pace can be a challenge at Lost Marsh, even with an early tee time. It's way too much course for many golfers.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @Argonne69 said:

> Yeah, pace can be a challenge at Lost Marsh, even with an early tee time. It's way too much course for many golfers.

That opening stretch is ridiculous. It was tough with the wind we had, I can't imagine any more wind or enjoying any of those holes as a high handicapper. I don't see any way to control a decent pace when you have that type of start.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @MountainKing said:

> Lost Marsh was interesting. I liked some of it, thought some of it was weird. Course was in decent enough shape and price was good. Game is coming back around, 10 fairways, 11 greens. Putting was brutal, short game was brutal. I won't rush back to this one, not because of the course, more because it too us 5 hours and 20 minutes to get through and the guys we got a paired with said that often is the norm. No thanks to that.

Holy crap. You have the patience of a saint. I would have just walked right into the lake, which I assume would have turned me into the guy from RoboCop.

Titleist TSR2 10*
Titleist TSi2 18*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo

> @TheBear95 said:

> > @MountainKing said:

> > Lost Marsh was interesting. I liked some of it, thought some of it was weird. Course was in decent enough shape and price was good. Game is coming back around, 10 fairways, 11 greens. Putting was brutal, short game was brutal. I won't rush back to this one, not because of the course, more because it too us 5 hours and 20 minutes to get through and the guys we got a paired with said that often is the norm. No thanks to that.

> Holy crap. You have the patience of a saint. I would have just walked right into the lake, which I assume would have turned me into the guy from RoboCop.

I hate slow rounds, I'm one of those guys who thinks 4somes should be able to get through any course 3:30 max but today I wasn't too bothered by it. I dunno, I had nowhere else to be today and enjoyed just hanging out with my bud, and the two guys we got paired with were fun as hell. We had some small bets going on through the round and ended up throwing in the what do you think the gps will say as far as behind pace of play by the time we get to 18. For some reason it didn't bug me today like it normally would have. I won't rush back tho for that reason alone. I should be able to play 27 holes of golf in that time. I can see why people dislike the course, there are a lot of quirky holes out there. 14 was dumb as hell, I never got the point of a designing a hole that is short and a par 5 and does everything it possible can to force it into a 3 shot hole, at the very least remove all the trees around the green to open that up and tempt people to go for it in 2.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @MountainKing said:

> > @TheBear95 said:

> > > @MountainKing said:

> > > Lost Marsh was interesting. I liked some of it, thought some of it was weird. Course was in decent enough shape and price was good. Game is coming back around, 10 fairways, 11 greens. Putting was brutal, short game was brutal. I won't rush back to this one, not because of the course, more because it too us 5 hours and 20 minutes to get through and the guys we got a paired with said that often is the norm. No thanks to that.

> > Holy crap. You have the patience of a saint. I would have just walked right into the lake, which I assume would have turned me into the guy from RoboCop.

>

> I hate slow rounds, I'm one of those guys who thinks 4somes should be able to get through any course 3:30 max but today I wasn't too bothered by it. I dunno, I had nowhere else to be today and enjoyed just hanging out with my bud, and the two guys we got paired with were fun as ****. We had some small bets going on through the round and ended up throwing in the what do you think the gps will say as far as behind pace of play by the time we get to 18. For some reason it didn't bug me today like it normally would have. I won't rush back tho for that reason alone. I should be able to play 27 holes of golf in that time. I can see why people dislike the course, there are a lot of quirky holes out there. 14 was dumb as ****, I never got the point of a designing a hole that is short and a par 5 and does everything it possible can to force it into a 3 shot hole, at the very least remove all the trees around the green to open that up and tempt people to go for it in 2.

Without a doubt, #14 is the worst hole there. You're spot on.

Titleist TSR2 10*
Titleist TSi2 18*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo

Welp only in golf story. I posted last night about how I was struggling so bad and couldn't play, just went out and played the back 9 and Seven Bridges and had the biggest 9 hole disparity I've ever had. 45 on the back last night at Cog Hill 33 on the 9 at Seven Bridges tonight. Birdie-Par-Birdie-Birdie-Par-Birdie-Bogie-Par-Par. Golf is a crazy unexplainable game.

> @stasek said:

> You’re playing #14 all wrong! Last time out there, I “purposely” hit a “power fade” off the tee and had 150 left. PW to the middle, putt, putt, and an easy birdie.... Next!

Right. Ultimate risk/reward. A high cut can carry the trees, leaving a mid iron into the green. Otherwise it's 3 wood, 7 iron, wedge.

The original routing had the 10th hole as the first, allowing one a warm up before hitting the treacherous 10th through 14th stretch. However, the 1st became a logjam, with players slicing the ball into the mounds which were blind from the tee. I'd still prefer to see the 10th as the starting hole, but I understand the change.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Pine Meadows today. The course is in great shape, I’ve always loved the layout and that obviously didn’t change, people have been repairing ball marks on greens, the bunkers were pristine, the pace was fantastic (we teed off just before 1:00 and walked it in under three hours; that 1:00 time is an hour after the rate drops to $63 and two hours before twilight so it felt like we had the place to ourselves), and Bear played really well. Pine Meadows usually kicks him in the teeth but today his game was sharp.

The cons were simple: First, I played like @ss. I went from striping irons and shaping drives pretty much however I needed on Thursday to just not feeling comfortable over the ball. My wedges bailed me out to at least keep me under 80 but...ugh. Second, the greens were slow. Given the size of the greens at Ghettos, I just don’t understand why they run them so slow. Especially when they stimp at about a 10 in April (pre-punching) and October. Whatever. No excuse for bad ball striking. 79.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

> @stasek said:

> You’re playing #14 all wrong! Last time out there, I “purposely” hit a “power fade” off the tee and had 150 left. PW to the middle, putt, putt, and an easy birdie.... Next!

lol, I have nothing in my game that would come close to a fade. Probably another reason I hate holes like that. The hole previous I think I also got caught by a tree that blocks you from the right half of the fairway, I took an aggressive line and caught a branch. My struggles this year has made me reconsider my ball flight.

Anyway, I ended up playing a hybrid over the trees, with 200 yards in and zero view of anything I'm not sure I'd ever fire at the green even if I knew the course and the line well. That's a tough green to hit from far out, they don't need all the nonsense around it, give people a look at it and tempt them to go for it. The other option that could make the hole better, take all the trees out everywhere and just make it a long par 4, or move the tee's up so you're firing right down the fairway and turn it into a shorter par 4, but all these require clearing out what's around the green.

One thing I did like on 10 and 14 is the poles they had out in the distance giving you something to shoot at so you know how far the fairway goes out to ect. Really helpful to determine a good line off of the tee.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

Yup, the 13th at Lost Marsh is a b-tch if you play a big draw. That hole, and the 18th at Glencoe, are a big reason why I had to learn to hit a fade off the tee. The 10th at LM also want a big fade.

> @MountainKing said:

> > @stasek said:

> > You’re playing #14 all wrong! Last time out there, I “purposely” hit a “power fade” off the tee and had 150 left. PW to the middle, putt, putt, and an easy birdie.... Next!

>

> lol, I have nothing in my game that would come close to a fade. Probably another reason I hate holes like that. The hole previous I think I also got caught by a tree that blocks you from the right half of the fairway, I took an aggressive line and caught a branch. My struggles this year has made me reconsider my ball flight.

>

> Anyway, I ended up playing a hybrid over the trees, with 200 yards in and zero view of anything I'm not sure I'd ever fire at the green even if I knew the course and the line well. That's a tough green to hit from far out, they don't need all the nonsense around it, give people a look at it and tempt them to go for it. The other option that could make the hole better, take all the trees out everywhere and just make it a long par 4, or move the tee's up so you're firing right down the fairway and turn it into a shorter par 4, but all these require clearing out what's around the green.

>

> One thing I did like on 10 and 14 is the poles they had out in the distance giving you something to shoot at so you know how far the fairway goes out to ect. Really helpful to determine a good line off of the tee.

I play 14 at Lost Marsh the same way I play 11 at Oak Grove. No use being aggressive. Just 3 wood-short iron-wedge. If I make the putt I can make birdie but it pretty much guarantees a two-putt par. But 3 of the 4 par 5’a there are bizarre gimmick holes, which is laughably dumb. 4 has the landing areas and it’s a 5 wood or hybrid off the tee, 10 involves playing a blind draw off the tee, and 14 is as discussed.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Got a few rounds in this last week.

* Willow Crest - Looks like this course if finally getting over itself and starting to offer some deals. Good condition but they had a bunch of scrambles going on forcing me to hop hole to hole.

* Preserve at Oak Meadows - Like the new design and it was in good shape. Got stuck behind a foursome who's move was to stand at the tee box for 5 minutes and chat backing everything up. Ranger was not not interested in moving them along.

* Meadowlark - Quick nine on Saturday morning. Course is the epitome of a goat track. Fairways looked like a bomb went off. I never had to pick and place so much. Ever hit from the heavy rough on a tee box? You can do it there.

Renwood on Saturday morning. Boone Creek on Sunday morning. There are no openings at Chapel Hill late Saturday morning for a single at this time, but it looks fairly open. I'll probably walk on.

• Like 1

Played HOE on Saturday and the overwatering continues. The greens and front of the greens were drenched to the point that approaches from as little as 30 yards were leaving craters and the groups in front of us didn't care to fix anything. Played a couple of pitch shots to the front of greens and the ball stopped where it was landed. Lots of cut but up not picked up grass clippings throughout the course. Pace was outstanding and as a 3 some behind a 4 some, we didn't wait on a single shot after the second hole.

> @ldchristopher said:

> > @MountainKing said:

> > > @stasek said:

> > > You’re playing #14 all wrong! Last time out there, I “purposely” hit a “power fade” off the tee and had 150 left. PW to the middle, putt, putt, and an easy birdie.... Next!

> >

> > lol, I have nothing in my game that would come close to a fade. Probably another reason I hate holes like that. The hole previous I think I also got caught by a tree that blocks you from the right half of the fairway, I took an aggressive line and caught a branch. My struggles this year has made me reconsider my ball flight.

> >

> > Anyway, I ended up playing a hybrid over the trees, with 200 yards in and zero view of anything I'm not sure I'd ever fire at the green even if I knew the course and the line well. That's a tough green to hit from far out, they don't need all the nonsense around it, give people a look at it and tempt them to go for it. The other option that could make the hole better, take all the trees out everywhere and just make it a long par 4, or move the tee's up so you're firing right down the fairway and turn it into a shorter par 4, but all these require clearing out what's around the green.

> >

> > One thing I did like on 10 and 14 is the poles they had out in the distance giving you something to shoot at so you know how far the fairway goes out to ect. Really helpful to determine a good line off of the tee.

>

> I play 14 at Lost Marsh the same way I play 11 at Oak Grove. No use being aggressive. Just 3 wood-short iron-wedge. If I make the putt I can make birdie but it pretty much guarantees a two-putt par. But 3 of the 4 par 5’a there are bizarre gimmick holes, which is laughably dumb. 4 has the landing areas and it’s a 5 wood or hybrid off the tee, 10 involves playing a blind draw off the tee, and 14 is as discussed.

I didn't care for hole 4 or 5. 4 would be far more interesting if they made the fairway one big island it would improve it a ton. Now you have the option to hit driver to a very narrow landing area and a risky 2nd shot to go for it in two. It'd be a great risk/reward hole setup that way IMO. 5 was a bit downwind and I was able to get to the front edge with a hybrid, what the heck kind of par 4 let's you reach it with a hybrid? Otherwise the alternative is a short iron off the tee.

I think 7 was the other par 5 on the front, which more or less is a long par 4. 10 I didn't mind so much other than you risk getting killed by a shank from the first tee box. The par 5's out there were weak for sure, and felt just kind of squeezed into the grounds.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @MountainKing said:

> > @ldchristopher said:

> > > @MountainKing said:

> > > > @stasek said:

> > > > You’re playing #14 all wrong! Last time out there, I “purposely” hit a “power fade” off the tee and had 150 left. PW to the middle, putt, putt, and an easy birdie.... Next!

> > >

> > > lol, I have nothing in my game that would come close to a fade. Probably another reason I hate holes like that. The hole previous I think I also got caught by a tree that blocks you from the right half of the fairway, I took an aggressive line and caught a branch. My struggles this year has made me reconsider my ball flight.

> > >

> > > Anyway, I ended up playing a hybrid over the trees, with 200 yards in and zero view of anything I'm not sure I'd ever fire at the green even if I knew the course and the line well. That's a tough green to hit from far out, they don't need all the nonsense around it, give people a look at it and tempt them to go for it. The other option that could make the hole better, take all the trees out everywhere and just make it a long par 4, or move the tee's up so you're firing right down the fairway and turn it into a shorter par 4, but all these require clearing out what's around the green.

> > >

> > > One thing I did like on 10 and 14 is the poles they had out in the distance giving you something to shoot at so you know how far the fairway goes out to ect. Really helpful to determine a good line off of the tee.

> >

> > I play 14 at Lost Marsh the same way I play 11 at Oak Grove. No use being aggressive. Just 3 wood-short iron-wedge. If I make the putt I can make birdie but it pretty much guarantees a two-putt par. But 3 of the 4 par 5’a there are bizarre gimmick holes, which is laughably dumb. 4 has the landing areas and it’s a 5 wood or hybrid off the tee, 10 involves playing a blind draw off the tee, and 14 is as discussed.

>

> I didn't care for hole 4 or 5. 4 would be far more interesting if they made the fairway one big island it would improve it a ton. Now you have the option to hit driver to a very narrow landing area and a risky 2nd shot to go for it in two. It'd be a great risk/reward hole setup that way IMO. 5 was a bit downwind and I was able to get to the front edge with a hybrid, what the heck kind of par 4 let's you reach it with a hybrid? Otherwise the alternative is a short iron off the tee.

>

> I think 7 was the other par 5 on the front, which more or less is a long par 4. 10 I didn't mind so much other than you risk getting killed by a shank from the first tee box. The par 5's out there were weak for sure, and felt just kind of squeezed into the grounds.

The whole course is basically squeezed into too small a footprint. Holes 4 and 5 are prime examples. I don't know if they were allowed to fill in the marsh, which would help explain why they're so narrow. I've only seen one player reach the 4th green in two.

Yes, 7 is a very reachable par 5. 'Probably one of the most meh holes on the course. Hole 16 doesn't check any boxes either.

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @MountainKing said:

> > > @ldchristopher said:

> > > > @MountainKing said:

> > > > > @stasek said:

> > > > > You’re playing #14 all wrong! Last time out there, I “purposely” hit a “power fade” off the tee and had 150 left. PW to the middle, putt, putt, and an easy birdie.... Next!

> > > >

> > > > lol, I have nothing in my game that would come close to a fade. Probably another reason I hate holes like that. The hole previous I think I also got caught by a tree that blocks you from the right half of the fairway, I took an aggressive line and caught a branch. My struggles this year has made me reconsider my ball flight.

> > > >

> > > > Anyway, I ended up playing a hybrid over the trees, with 200 yards in and zero view of anything I'm not sure I'd ever fire at the green even if I knew the course and the line well. That's a tough green to hit from far out, they don't need all the nonsense around it, give people a look at it and tempt them to go for it. The other option that could make the hole better, take all the trees out everywhere and just make it a long par 4, or move the tee's up so you're firing right down the fairway and turn it into a shorter par 4, but all these require clearing out what's around the green.

> > > >

> > > > One thing I did like on 10 and 14 is the poles they had out in the distance giving you something to shoot at so you know how far the fairway goes out to ect. Really helpful to determine a good line off of the tee.

> > >

> > > I play 14 at Lost Marsh the same way I play 11 at Oak Grove. No use being aggressive. Just 3 wood-short iron-wedge. If I make the putt I can make birdie but it pretty much guarantees a two-putt par. But 3 of the 4 par 5’a there are bizarre gimmick holes, which is laughably dumb. 4 has the landing areas and it’s a 5 wood or hybrid off the tee, 10 involves playing a blind draw off the tee, and 14 is as discussed.

> >

> > I didn't care for hole 4 or 5. 4 would be far more interesting if they made the fairway one big island it would improve it a ton. Now you have the option to hit driver to a very narrow landing area and a risky 2nd shot to go for it in two. It'd be a great risk/reward hole setup that way IMO. 5 was a bit downwind and I was able to get to the front edge with a hybrid, what the heck kind of par 4 let's you reach it with a hybrid? Otherwise the alternative is a short iron off the tee.

> >

> > I think 7 was the other par 5 on the front, which more or less is a long par 4. 10 I didn't mind so much other than you risk getting killed by a shank from the first tee box. The par 5's out there were weak for sure, and felt just kind of squeezed into the grounds.

>

> The whole course is basically squeezed into too small a footprint. Holes 4 and 5 are prime examples. I don't know if they were allowed to fill in the marsh, which would help explain why they're so narrow. I've only seen one player reach the 4th green in two.

>

> Yes, 7 is a very reachable par 5. 'Probably one of the most meh holes on the course. Hole 16 doesn't check any boxes either.

I think the narrow works but only if you set the hole up to allow a driver from the tee, it makes no sense to cut that out with the water. With a hybrid or iron in hand the fairway should be plenty of wide. On that hole with driver I'd be more worried about the OB left than I the water since my ball doesn't move to the right.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @DavePelz4 said:

> Played HOE on Saturday and the overwatering continues. The greens and front of the greens were drenched to the point that approaches from as little as 30 yards were leaving craters and the groups in front of us didn't care to fix anything.

What time did you play? We ran into the same issue with 7am tee times. I wanted to believe that they drench them early so that that are decent later in the day.

> @Argonne69 said:

>

> Renwood on Saturday morning. Boone Creek on Sunday morning. There are no openings at Chapel Hill late Saturday morning for a single at this time, but it looks fairly open. I'll probably walk on.

>

We'll most likely be there Saturday morning. I think we tee off around 6:20. Hopefully they mow the greens. They were running about 6 today for our league. Eek!

Beatiful morning at Medinah this morning for the BMW. Course looks great. Followed Jason Day for a bit, also Adam long and Corey conners. Saw Lowry and Furyk tee off and Spieth Rory Mollinari and a few others on the range. Gunna be some low scores this weekend, I think -16 to -18 will win.

Then I went out to Bridges of Poplar Creek and tried to emulate what I saw earlier. Shot a 96, respectable for me, with a birdie on 5, followed that up with 3 straight 3-putt bogeys. Also had 2 more 3 putt bogeys on the back. I’m not the greatest putter but something about that course I can never figure out putting there. I remember last time I was 3 jacking all over the place too. Had a 30 minute lightning and rain delay when we were on the back, but that passed quick.

> @Apindara said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > Played HOE on Saturday and the overwatering continues. The greens and front of the greens were drenched to the point that approaches from as little as 30 yards were leaving craters and the groups in front of us didn't care to fix anything.

>

> What time did you play? We ran into the same issue with 7am tee times. I wanted to believe that they drench them early so that that are decent later in the day.

>

>

10:40 tee time and shots left craters throughout the day. We fixed ours though and easily 100 more, if not more.

> @zer0 said:

> final day of 3 day playoff tonight at Sportsman for after work league. Format is best ball tonight. My partner and I are 2 up in gross and 2 back in net. Matched up vs the team ahead of us in net. Email trash talking between the teams has been steady all week so should be a lot of fun tonight.

I always tell my self I need to get into a fun/competitive league like that. Sounds like a blast. Good luck.

> @zer0 said:

> final day of 3 day playoff tonight at Sportsman for after work league. Format is best ball tonight. My partner and I are 2 up in gross and 2 back in net. Matched up vs the team ahead of us in net. Email trash talking between the teams has been steady all week so should be a lot of fun tonight.

You gotta share some of the TT material. VNutz has been running out of new stuff and this just might help him.

> @Symphonize said:

> Beatiful morning at Medinah this morning for the BMW. Course looks great. Followed Jason Day for a bit, also Adam long and Corey conners. Saw Lowry and Furyk tee off and Spieth Rory Mollinari and a few others on the range. Gunna be some low scores this weekend, I think -16 to -18 will win.

>

> Then I went out to Bridges of Poplar Creek and tried to emulate what I saw earlier. Shot a 96, respectable for me, with a birdie on 5, followed that up with 3 straight 3-putt bogeys. Also had 2 more 3 putt bogeys on the back. I’m not the greatest putter but something about that course I can never figure out putting there. I remember last time I was 3 jacking all over the place too. Had a 30 minute lightning and rain delay when we were on the back, but that passed quick.

Agreed, Medinah looked gorgeous yesterday. I am heading back over in a little bit but I still cannot fathom how the pros play the 482 yd par 4 on the back with a dogleg left through trees to an elevated green. The gap between them and us amateurs is so large it may as well not even be called a gap. I watched Woodland and three others pull iron out on the 17th from the back of the tee box and just plop it on that green, downright amazing.

As far as Poplar Creek, it is not you, it is the course. That was my home course in high school, probably have over 200 rounds there and I still can't avoid multiple three-putts per round. There are so many greens with crazy undulation and when they put the hole on a slope, forget about it. If you can putt well there, you can putt well anywhere.

> @Shriner said:

> > @Symphonize said:

> > Beatiful morning at Medinah this morning for the BMW. Course looks great. Followed Jason Day for a bit, also Adam long and Corey conners. Saw Lowry and Furyk tee off and Spieth Rory Mollinari and a few others on the range. Gunna be some low scores this weekend, I think -16 to -18 will win.

> >

> > Then I went out to Bridges of Poplar Creek and tried to emulate what I saw earlier. Shot a 96, respectable for me, with a birdie on 5, followed that up with 3 straight 3-putt bogeys. Also had 2 more 3 putt bogeys on the back. I’m not the greatest putter but something about that course I can never figure out putting there. I remember last time I was 3 jacking all over the place too. Had a 30 minute lightning and rain delay when we were on the back, but that passed quick.

>

> Agreed, Medinah looked gorgeous yesterday. I am heading back over in a little bit but I still cannot fathom how the pros play the 482 yd par 4 on the back with a dogleg left through trees to an elevated green. The gap between them and us amateurs is so large it may as well not even be called a gap. I watched Woodland and three others pull iron out on the 17th from the back of the tee box and just plop it on that green, downright amazing.

>

> As far as Poplar Creek, it is not you, it is the course. That was my home course in high school, probably have over 200 rounds there and I still can't avoid multiple three-putts per round. There are so many greens with crazy undulation and when they put the hole on a slope, forget about it. If you can putt well there, you can putt well anywhere.

482 yard par 4 dogleg, you talking about 16? That false front on the green is crazy. If you come up short and it rolls down, you are 30 feet below the green. Can’t wait to see people try to get up and down from there. I had a different experience on 17, I saw Jason Day put it in the water from the back haha. There will be a lot of water balls there this week, especially if there is any wind.

> @Symphonize said:

> > @Shriner said:

> > > @Symphonize said:

> > > Beatiful morning at Medinah this morning for the BMW. Course looks great. Followed Jason Day for a bit, also Adam long and Corey conners. Saw Lowry and Furyk tee off and Spieth Rory Mollinari and a few others on the range. Gunna be some low scores this weekend, I think -16 to -18 will win.

> > >

> > > Then I went out to Bridges of Poplar Creek and tried to emulate what I saw earlier. Shot a 96, respectable for me, with a birdie on 5, followed that up with 3 straight 3-putt bogeys. Also had 2 more 3 putt bogeys on the back. I’m not the greatest putter but something about that course I can never figure out putting there. I remember last time I was 3 jacking all over the place too. Had a 30 minute lightning and rain delay when we were on the back, but that passed quick.

> >

> > Agreed, Medinah looked gorgeous yesterday. I am heading back over in a little bit but I still cannot fathom how the pros play the 482 yd par 4 on the back with a dogleg left through trees to an elevated green. The gap between them and us amateurs is so large it may as well not even be called a gap. I watched Woodland and three others pull iron out on the 17th from the back of the tee box and just plop it on that green, downright amazing.

> >

> > As far as Poplar Creek, it is not you, it is the course. That was my home course in high school, probably have over 200 rounds there and I still can't avoid multiple three-putts per round. There are so many greens with crazy undulation and when they put the hole on a slope, forget about it. If you can putt well there, you can putt well anywhere.

>

> 482 yard par 4 dogleg, you talking about 16? That false front on the green is crazy. If you come up short and it rolls down, you are 30 feet below the green. Can’t wait to see people try to get up and down from there. I had a different experience on 17, I saw Jason Day put it in the water from the back haha. There will be a lot of water balls there this week, especially if there is any wind.

Have been fortunate to play #3 quite a few times including the Sunday before the 2006 PGA where we played it from behind the netting making the course around 7,800 yards with 4 inch rough. 17 is a hole where a 3 is a great score. Hit it on a line between the bunkers and make sure you're at least playing a club to a club and a half more. With that green being set lower and the surrounding trees, it's easy to assume the wind won't come into play as you might not feel the true impact on the tee. Any high lofted shot is going to be impacted by the wind and any low flighted shot has a minimal chance of holding. What's crazy about 17 is it's the 18th ranked handicap hole so presumably, the easiest hole on the course.

Yeah, right.

> @zer0 said:

best wishes and hope you play heck out of it. between work and all else going on we've been lucky to get in weekend morning games there. almost tossed a shag bag in the truck to use on the office lawn at lunchtime. shame to let all this good weather go without striking a shot.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry