Swag golf is all fake pricing

Deluxe186

I just wanna throw this out there. The guys done an absolutely fantastic job of fomenting a market but those headcovers and whatever else aren't worth the price. It's been a while since i posted but i'll point out a couple of things. First almost all ebay auctions aren't auctions they're buy it now items and the ones that do start at $0 almost never make it to the price they were sold at. Next lots of items mysteriously end up in wholesalers accounts that live close by to chicago area. Moreover, they literally have insurance for shipping should someone refuse delivery. I have never in all my time in the golf industry seen something like that. If you were to say challenge something on your credit card the insurance company picks up the tab which I'll assume his premiums at this point aren't cheap. It's alot of window lickers and paper plate cleaners who think they can buy something in the golf industry that won't depreciate right away. If you wanna use your stimulus money to buy a headcover thats maybe $30 for $250 be my guest but just be aware down the road it isn't worth anything close to that.

• Like 1

Not sure I see whats going on here.

You're saying the secondary market for their headcovers is inflated? Or are you saying the retail price on their site is?

And you're saying it's inflated because they want to and not because it should be? And because they have insurance on their packages? Thats a weird one.

All I know, is people are buying their stuff from their website. It sells out. Whether the secondary market prices are worth it - that's all depending on whether people think it is. If they are selling on ebay, great. If not...then yes, it's overpriced.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

When someone pays $1300 per hardcover for swag, and they have recently.  That is the price the market deemed fair, at least on those items. It isn’t for me to judge what is and is not important to other people. 

• Like 2

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Swag has done an incredible job at marketing and releasing lots of products to very quickly get a high demand for their stuff.  The website stuff sells out in seconds and I have no clue about the secondary market, I think in the secondary market it's always whatever people are willing to pay.  Higher demand = higher prices.  Sure there are tons of flippers out there looking to make a buck but there is with any of these types of things.

Swag has grown quite a bit on me, I still hate the name but they've released some pretty awesome covers and the quality on their putters is top notch.

I'm not sure if your issue is the secondary market pricing or the pricing on their website but there's always a solution if you don't like something.  Just don't buy it....

• Like 1

TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
TSR2 15* Ventus TR Blue 7X
TSi2 21* MRC Tensei Raw White  70TX
T100S 4-W Modus 120X
SM9 50F/54S/58D Modus 120X
Some sort of Cameron

Hey if they can get people to pay it, more power to them. 

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

Calm down Karen.   They set a price and people buy it.  That's the way things go for various other items (Camerons, Lamb, Betti, Tour Issue, etc)/  Dont like it?, then move on.  Iam trying to find a point to the post, as it seems like you have been recently "wronged" by them for something and want to cry to us about it thinking you will find more people to join your resistance.  Do the rest of the site a favor and go back to not posting.  

8 minutes ago, brkuck said:

Calm down Karen.   They set a price and people buy it.  That's the way things go for various other items (Camerons, Lamb, Betti, Tour Issue, etc)/  Dont like it?, then move on.  Iam trying to find a point to the post, as it seems like you have been recently "wronged" by them for something and want to cry to us about it thinking you will find more people to join your resistance.  Do the rest of the site a favor and go back to not posting.  

So to my point why on earth do they have esoteric shipping insurance? Do you need an emotional support creature to deal with the pain of my words? and comparing cameron tour issue to this whatever it is isn't exactly apples to apples I can't recall tiger woods ever playing them. What kevin streelman did them a sold once then went back to his ping. If it was so good tour pro's would use it. it's just glitter a bunch of hackers use because they think they look cool.

On 8/26/2020 at 12:18 AM, Deluxe186 said:

I just wanna throw this out there. 

Well you did.  Are you just going to be mad now that no one seems to agree with you?  As others have said, if you don't like it, don't buy it.  And for me personally I don't have much interest in exotic head covers and such.  But others obviously do and if they're willing to pay the $$ who are we to say they're wrong?

• Like 1

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

10 hours ago, Deluxe186 said:

So to my point why on earth do they have esoteric shipping insurance? Do you need an emotional support creature to deal with the pain of my words? and comparing cameron tour issue to this whatever it is isn't exactly apples to apples I can't recall tiger woods ever playing them. What kevin streelman did them a sold once then went back to his ping. If it was so good tour pro's would use it. it's just glitter a bunch of hackers use because they think they look cool.

Geez you are so bitter. We get that you really want something swag related. You don’t have to admit it, it’s ok.  Didn’t get it cause you didn’t realize how much it would cost. And now you are upset and venting. It’s time to let go and move on. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Deluxe186 said:

If they paid tour pros like a lot of other companies do then they would use them, this isn't rocket surgery.

11 hours ago, Deluxe186 said:

"calling all flippers" a comment on one of their new releases. When the music stops and it will you'll be left with a dust cloth in the lost and found bin

Did you have a stroke typing that?

I understand the frustration as I have a deep distaste for the flipper economy as it makes so many things I want difficult to get.  I simply learn to live without the stuff as that's basically my "vote" against it.

I also tend to boycott brands that make it easy for flippers.  Jordans?  Pass.  Yeezy's?  I'm in as they now do a raffle system.

Personally I'd prefer if companies like SWAG would just increase their prices to discourage flipping.  That said, I tend to wonder if building in a "flipper margin" is actually what makes the whole "luxury brand" initial pricing work in the first place.  If they increased the direct price of head covers from $100 to $175, would there be less flippers?  If so, would that then mean that they can't sell the same volume of head covers?  If so, would the total revenue for SWAG be more from the lower price / higher volume model due to the increased demand created by flippers OR would they make more from the initially higher priced head covers?

I suppose the lower price not only drives demand, but also allows them to experiment more with designs which could then flop.  That said, I don't think unsold inventory has much of an impact on their bottom line.

End of the day, nothing matters, life is too short, all of human history is a fraction of a blink of the eye in the timeline of the universe, 200 years from now nobody will remember any of our names, etc.  Reductionism via existential nihilism FTW?  FTL?  Does it matter?

Forget the putter cover and your beef with postal insurance and go play some golf while you can. 

• Like 2

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

4 hours ago, MysteryV said:

I understand the frustration as I have a deep distaste for the flipper economy as it makes so many things I want difficult to get.  I simply learn to live without the stuff as that's basically my "vote" against it.

I also tend to boycott brands that make it easy for flippers.  Jordans?  Pass.  Yeezy's?  I'm in as they now do a raffle system.

Personally I'd prefer if companies like SWAG would just increase their prices to discourage flipping.  That said, I tend to wonder if building in a "flipper margin" is actually what makes the whole "luxury brand" initial pricing work in the first place.  If they increased the direct price of head covers from $100 to $175, would there be less flippers?  If so, would that then mean that they can't sell the same volume of head covers?  If so, would the total revenue for SWAG be more from the lower price / higher volume model due to the increased demand created by flippers OR would they make more from the initially higher priced head covers?

I suppose the lower price not only drives demand, but also allows them to experiment more with designs which could then flop.  That said, I don't think unsold inventory has much of an impact on their bottom line.

End of the day, nothing matters, life is too short, all of human history is a fraction of a blink of the eye in the timeline of the universe, 200 years from now nobody will remember any of our names, etc.  Reductionism via existential nihilism FTW?  FTL?  Does it matter?

Forget the putter cover and your beef with postal insurance and go play some golf while you can. 

I agree with everything you're saying. But to foment a market create fake demand so a bunch of paper plate cleaners buy head covers at 3000 percent margins is sleazy.

12 hours ago, 976-Evil said:

If they paid tour pros like a lot of other companies do then they would use them, this isn't rocket surgery.

Did you have a stroke typing that?

Spencer Levin made a switch for the money and it didn't work out so hot for him and went back to his old equipment. Justin Rose another one who made a switch for money but also went back to his old equipment. Bubba Watson also the same. The ferocity at which trolls are attacking this is proving my point it's all fake. You think scotty cameron hires a bunch of internet trolls to defend his prices? Please keep going because I have no problem digging deeper into fakes sales on ebay.