Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

Gotten a few rounds in with the TSi3 and it's the best I've ever driven the ball. What I like most is the forgiveness up and down the face: I can tee it low when into the wind and it won't balloon on me, I can also tee it high and hit a bomb. Coming from TM, the adapter also seems to work better and loft/lie/face angle changes are more noticeable on ball flight.  

What I don't like is the delicate pearly finish. I already have a very ugly scratch on it from it making contact with something, I think maybe the wrench when adjusting. The carbon on the TMs seemed to really hide this well. I wanted to keep it in good shape in case I needed to swap for an 8* and loft up / close the face, but looks like that won't be an option anymore. Silver lining, scuffed crown means I can swing more freely. 

Edited by geesecougar2

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

2 hours ago, bogeypro said:

Me!  I played hzrdus smoke black in TS line.  Tried the rdx in the tsi, but didn't care for it.  It was softer and more loose than previous line.  I love the XC.  Smooth feel with stable feel through impact.  I also like the AV raw white if you need a good stock low spin option...it's a better stock shaft then the rdx, imo.  

I bought TSi3 with IZ 6s, DI 6s and XC 6s. After 3 months of testing and swapping between the shafts I decided to sell them and get Smoke Black RDX 6.0. 

For me it’s superior in all aspects, except for feel (subjective), compared with the GD shafts I owned. 

Just wish I just went with RDX from the beginning instead of this very expensive and cumbersome project 🤨☺️

1 hour ago, geesecougar2 said:

Gotten a few rounds in with the TSi3 and it's the best I've ever driven the ball. What I like most is the forgiveness up and down the face: I can tee it low when into the wind and it won't balloon on me, I can also tee it high and hit a bomb. Coming from TM, the adapter also seems to work better and loft/lie/face angle changes are more noticeable on ball flight.  

What I don't like is the delicate pearly finish. I already have a very ugly scratch on it from it making contact with something, I think maybe the wrench when adjusting. The carbon on the TMs seemed to really hide this well. I wanted to keep it in good shape in case I needed to swap for an 8* and loft up / close the face, but looks like that won't be an option anymore. Silver lining, scuffed crown means I can swing more freely. 

Ya, nice and shiny is good for top dollar in the marketplace. But these are tools not museum pieces. As hot as these are, I bet you still sell it quickly if you needed to. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Threequidcup said:

I’m a big fan of it. 

this bendy long shaft thing will be a passing fad. It’s nigh on impossible to button it above 45” with any consistency for people who don’t play every day. 

strike still returns more ball speed than head speed. 

Being part of a club I practice a lot and play about 80-120 rounds a year and even then I still can't do it haha. I dunno I just can't seem to get along with it after a brief honeymoon period. I like a heavier club so I can feel it throughout the swing more because of my early extension tendency. I get armsy and throw my shoulders at it hitting a bunch of weak push fade/slices.

Ping G430 Max Driver
Callaway Paradym 3HL Fairway

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Titleist T200 5, T150 6, T100 7-GW
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

1 hour ago, Kamen said:

Being part of a club I practice a lot and play about 80-120 rounds a year and even then I still can't do it haha. I dunno I just can't seem to get along with it after a brief honeymoon period. I like a heavier club so I can feel it throughout the swing more because of my early extension tendency. I get armsy and throw my shoulders at it hitting a bunch of weak push fade/slices.

I meant to say I was a fan of the GD DI rather than the AutoFlex (which I haven’t tried) - but I wasn’t very precise in my wording!

On 3/22/2021 at 11:53 AM, awtryau89 said:

Who has compared the RDX Black to any of the Graphite Design options. Looking specifically at the XC. Trying to maintain same launch as the RDX but lower spin. According to the Titleist chart it looks like at the GD options launch higher than the RDX but spin lower.

I have a TS2 with EvenFlow White 60X. It works reasonably well, but I won a TSi (any one!) during a club competition and organised a fitting some time later. Irons are KBS Tour 120S, utility is Ventus Blue 9X. I like light-ish, stiff shafts - love the Aldila DVS 60X from way back when and I prefer the feel of the KBS over the DG300. Anyway.

During the fitting I tried the RDX Black versus a Ventus Blue (no Black available), AD DI, AD XC, and Tensei Raw White (no 2.0 available), and my EvenFlow White from my TS2. I mean, I tried a bunch of other shafts but it came down to these. There was no RDX Blue available and many shafts I would have liked to have tried were not available. Welcome to small town Australia where there aren't many X or TX shafts to test... or anything heavier than the 70G bracket. We established early on that my swing had changed significantly and what had been an optimal fit (by the same guy) 12 months prior was now too spinny and dispersion had opened right up... but it still worked well enough to play. But I wanted moar!!!11.

I tried a few weight ranges - 60, 70, 80, in two flexes - 6.0/S and 6.5/X.

From what was able to test, I got the best numbers with a TSi3 (versus a TSi2 - no TSi4 available) with RDX Black 60X. 168-174mph ball speed, 17 degrees launch, 2100-2300rpm spin. The spin window didn't change much - it was super consistent. I really had to try to get the big left miss, which is exactly what I was looking for.

I am now gaming the TSi3/RDX.

I don't recall exactly the numbers of the XC but I do remember that I thought the RDX felt "better" and that the numbers were reasonably close.

The Ventus Blue 70X had about 400rpm more spin than the RDX 60/6.5, the AD DI was about the same. I didn't like the feel of the Raw White and I had a tendency to miss big left with it.

I would like to revisit the fitting process with more shafts and maybe a TSi4. I've always thought my swing tempo was "moderate to aggressive" but the fitter firmly categorised it as "aggressive" so my mind was blown when I ended up with the RDX Black 60/6.5. I would have fit myself, on paper, for the Ventus Blue 7X - but it didn't work in the real world.

Anyway, the TSi3/RDX 60/6.5 works really well for me. I haven't played it long enough to get some real bombs out there so its longest isn't as long as the TS2 (305m versus 347m), but I think it's longer on average (275m versus 266m according to Arccos) and I'm much more confident about avoiding the left miss. 

Edited by steventoo

Titleist TSi3 9*          | Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65TX

Titleist 2021 T200 2 iron | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 100X

Titleist 2021 T200 3 iron | KBS Tour 130X

Titleist 2021 T100S 4-PW  | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 50.08F          | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 56.08M, 62.08M  | Dynamic Gold S400

LAB Golf DF 2.1 Custom    | Accra x LAB

22 hours ago, scottaz said:

The TSi3 with the Ventus has been so good for me. I do find my self being much more careful with it than any driver I've owned. A noticeable gash on the head would bum me out. Coming from a Ping head, which was just about indestructible, it's something I think about more than I'd like. 

A matte black finish a la Ping would be amazing!

• Like 1

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

Could anyone tell me the stock length of the 15 deg TSi3 fairway wood? I'm going to order a new shaft online and it's asking for the playing length. I believe I found 43.0" on Titleist website but I wanted to check.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

5 hours ago, HappyGilmore22 said:

Could anyone tell me the stock length of the 15 deg TSi3 fairway wood? I'm going to order a new shaft online and it's asking for the playing length. I believe I found 43.0" on Titleist website but I wanted to check.

Correct. Plus a little for the grip cap. It’s 43” cut length STD. That’s the way mine came.

• Thanks 1

Sim2 Ti vs tsi3 , Unfortunately I don’t have shaft the shaft comparison but the TSI three held its own

though I think the tailor-made is slightly more forgiving

tsi3 w ventus red 9x is a point and shoot slight draw combo

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Had the TSi3 for about a month now and I can't believe how good this head is. This thing should be getting more buzz than it is. Every once in a while a product comes along that really moves the needle (i.e. Taylormade M series debut) and this is certainly one of those. 

The most impressive thing is how consistently it maintains low spin up and down the face. I don't love needing to hit it high on the face to deliver low spin and this thing let's you hit it in the true middle (and even slightly low) and still delivers low spin.

Incredibly stable as well. I'm hitting it longer and straighter than I ever have. 

• Like 1

TSi4 is too much for me to handle. Gonna try a TSi3 or TSi2 now. 

PXG BO Tour-1 10.5° - Ventus Blue Velocore -or-

TaylorMade BRNR Mini 11.5°- Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 15° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 18° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 22° - Tensei AV Raw White
PXG BLE 0317T - 5-PW - Project X
Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 50°

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 54°
LAB DF3 - Accra Black -or-

LAB Link.1 - Accra Black

2 hours ago, eRod v1.0 said:

TSi4 is too much for me to handle. Gonna try a TSi3 or TSi2 now. 

My love affair with the 4 ended a few weeks ago too. I absolutely loved the look of the more compact head and when I connected with it, it was oh so awesome. I’ve settled on the 3 now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Any longer term thoughts about tsi2 and tsi3 fairway woods? I’m truly stuck between which way to go.

For everyone who likes the 2, there's someone who likes the 3. You're not alone if that's any consolation.

My opinion for what it's worth:

TSi3 if primary use is tee shots (little taller face); TSi2 if primary use is off the deck (wider sole). If you're 50/50, might just need to flip a coin. Supposedly the TSi2 launches higher but I didn't notice anything dramatically different when testing them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 12:58 PM, geesecougar2 said:

Back when I first got mine on release date I took some car clear bra film and made a pop-up protector. Has worked awesome and saved me big one time from a bad strike. 

As for me I have been loving this driver day in and day out, I am finally grooved in with it and hit my farthest drive probably ever of 311 (probably about 270ish carry then a bit of roll) the other day. The minimizing of big misses and just consistency has been great, obv. getting fitted for the first time helped too. I have hit a lot of clubs over the years, but this one is staying for the long haul.

Titleist TSi2 9* - Ventus Red TR

Callaway Rogue ST Max 18*

TM SIM2 Max 22*

Titleist T200 4-GW

Vokey SM9 54*/58*

Odyssey Stroke Lab DW

I put an order in for a TSi2 15 degree fairway wood last week & received an update from my club pro today that these heads are currently out of stock in the United Kingdom until the 30th May before Titleist will begin club building on them again. Looking like 3-4 weeks before getting it shipped onto me.

WITB

default_titelist-small.jpg 

TSR3 10 DR
TSi2 15 FW

TSi3 18 HY
U.500 (3 & 4)
620 MB (5-PW)
Vokey Spin Milled 54 & 60
Scotty Cameron Tour Rat Concept 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 5:32 PM, Seattlegolfnut said:

For everyone who likes the 2, there's someone who likes the 3. You're not alone if that's any consolation.

My opinion for what it's worth:

TSi3 if primary use is tee shots (little taller face); TSi2 if primary use is off the deck (wider sole). If you're 50/50, might just need to flip a coin. Supposedly the TSi2 launches higher but I didn't notice anything dramatically different when testing them.

I originally got the TSi3 15 degree. It was incredible off the tee but a little hard to elevate off the turf. Hence, I dialed it up to 16*. Still great off the tee yet easier to get it elevated off the turf. However, I noticed that when you hit it good, it was GREAT, but if you hit it slightly off center, it was BAD. It would just squirt on me and I would lose a stroke via penalty or offline. I went to the TSi2 15* with the same shaft and it was a game changer! Hits it higher off the tee but the carry is longer. Off the turf, it elevates and can still hold a green. Completely different experience.

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

Hey everyone,

While we are on the topic of fairway woods, I figured I'd ask the question to those that might know.

I'm looking at re-working the top end of my bag, and considering dumping my 3 wood and 2 iron (and maybe even more clubs) in favor of a 4 wood (16.5 tsi3 is what I'm thinking) and 7 wood (21 tsi2). I only use my 3 wood off the tee, and the 2 iron is for longer par 3s and short par 4s (with the occasional second into a par 5 there).

I'd primarily use the 4 wood off the tee as well, as I'm not super concerned with distance. I think the 7 wood would be a huge though for some added versatility of the tee and off the deck.

What I'm curious about is what launch/spin numbers should be with those clubs? I've not played a 5 wood or anything like that for over 15 years, so I'm not sure what's what. 

I prefer a lower ball flight, and something that's very controllable. 

Thanks in advance!

Titleist TSR3 10* - Tour AD-DI 6S
Titleist TSR3 16.5* - HZRDUS 4G 80S
Titleist T200 3 Iron - Tour AD-DI 85S
Titleist T100S 4 - Project X 6.0

Titleist T100 5-9 - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 46* - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 Raw 52*M - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 Raw 58*T - Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless NP 2

Titleist Pro V1

On 5/6/2021 at 4:17 AM, Golfingfanatic said:

I am looking for some feedback on the 8° TSI2 head. Has anyone tried one?

I have it in play.  I really like it.  I hit just about the same launch and spin window as my TSi3 9* and it’s more forgiving, imo.  I ended up selling my TSi3 head.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

3 hours ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

I have it in play.  I really like it.  I hit just about the same launch and spin window as my TSi3 9* and it’s more forgiving, imo.  I ended up selling my TSi3 head.

This is EXACTLY the question and information I was looking for here.  I think I will do the same now with my TSi3 9*.

Although I like the TSi3 shape alot, it reminds me of my r7 Superquad TP, I don't love the feel, it's kindof muted and heel-shots have a tendency to really leak right on me.

17 hours ago, kstrong84 said:

This is EXACTLY the question and information I was looking for here.  I think I will do the same now with my TSi3 9*.

Although I like the TSi3 shape alot, it reminds me of my r7 Superquad TP, I don't love the feel, it's kindof muted and heel-shots have a tendency to really leak right on me.

I actually like the sound of the TSi3 better. The 2 sounds fine-just a little louder.  For some reason, I just seem to center the TSi2 more frequently and it’s easier on mishits. 

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

• 1 month later...

great info on these pages, cant wait for my fitting

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s