Well, alrighty then Jumbomax...

Hack Daddy

4 hours ago, aenemated said:

Another check in.

I don't know why everyone isn't gaming JMX. They're a literal game changer. 

I don't get totally fired up about a product very often but these, man. These. 

EXACTLY !!!!!!

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG One and Done w/Super Stroke 5.0
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

3 hours ago, GoTime said:

I still have 10 XL available if anyone looking to try

If these are the Ultralights and brand new, PM me and let me know what you want for them shipped to 77581

On 11/12/2020 at 8:35 AM, vman said:

Well the Tour Series do feel better, tackier, than the Ultralites. I think Jumbomax must have changed the composition of the Polyurethane on the Ultras to a lighter weight as they don't feel the same quality as the Tour Series. To me the Tours have a more tacky leather like feel. 

With me, I just like to feel the weight in my hands...can still feel the clubhead though.

Edited by hardpan1

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up. If anyone is looking for the Ultralites in medium PGA Superstore has them. 

Callaway 10.5* Paradym X

TaylorMade 16.5 Stealth HL

Callaway Epic Flash Heavenwood

TaylorMade Stealth Irons 5 thru AW
Vokey SM8 54*/10* S Grind
Vokey SM8 58*/12* K Grind
T.P Mills Custom PN MIng
Odyssey 38" Tank #7 (a work in Progress)

44 minutes ago, Caesar's shank said:

Has anyone gone from a xl grip to say a medium or large grip and had more success with closing the face?

My strike is really good with the xl but am developing a push cut miss, wondering if a slightly smaller one can retain strike pattern but help with face control.

Hard to answer that without knowing/seeing your swing, but as an educated guess, yes, go down a size or more to help close the face. 

These can turn a hook miss into a fade miss with no swing change. Just wish we could get our stock. 🤪

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Caesar's shank said:

Has anyone gone from a xl grip to say a medium or large grip and had more success with closing the face?

My strike is really good with the xl but am developing a push cut miss, wondering if a slightly smaller one can retain strike pattern but help with face control.

Tried - nope medium is still huge

Reference wear Cadet XXL 

Edited by animalgolfs

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

On 1/19/2021 at 2:34 AM, animalgolfs said:

Tried - nope medium is still huge

Reference wear Cadet XXL 

Reporting back. Got the medium and played 3 rounds with it. Strike pattern moved to high heel, yuck. But the XL back on and strike moved back to just toe side of middle so will be staying with that

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Caesar's shank said:

Reporting back. Got the medium and played 3 rounds with it. Strike pattern moved to high heel, yuck. But the XL back on and strike moved back to just toe side of middle so will be staying with that

Why not split the difference and try the large? I just had a similar conversation with myself. I used their fitting tool and it came out to large. Like a few others, I wanted to go all in and try the XL but at the same time wanted to 'play it safe' and try the medium first. So I just ordered what they suggested

• Like 1

I'll weigh in here on Jumbomax.

I wear a medium-large glove generally.  Using the Jumbomax sizing chart, it said I was a small.  So, I started with that and also got a medium to test.  Their sizing chart was pretty accurate, in that the medium felt too large (which for me meant there was too much of a gap between the pad of my thumb and the ring and flip off fingers.  The small was exactly correct in that there is a very small gap.

Fast forward, the smalls are on all of my clubs, driver down to the wedges.  I had heard the comments that you can't close the club face, promotes a slice, etc.  But, I find those to not be true.  I find no discernible difference in shot type when I compare the Jumbomax to what I was using before (Tour Velvet +4 midsize plus a few wraps).  I have always thought it to be weird when people use a huge putter grip ostensibly to quiet/relax their hands and because it is more comfortable to not consider that larger grips on their other clubs would get the same benefit.  I am using a super stroke pistol 1.0 gtr (something like that) and the jumbomax is about the same size.  They both confer the same benefit. 

My main shot pattern is primarily straight and it still is after I switched.  As a matter of fact, dispersion narrowed considerably with them.  That is because with standard and midsize I would sometimes deathgrip to control the club which caused me to pull or draw.  Once my hands are relaxed on the jumbomax, that stopped immediately.

Moreover, I use the tour ones which are supposedly too heavy and goof up swingweight, etc.  I have the them on all clubs and did not make any weight modifications to any of them.  I just don't think it is necessary to do that.  I quickly became used to how the swing felt and it feels better and the hands are so much more comfortable.  Same deal for my putter.  I came from a pingman grip, which I still like, to the superstroke.  I didn't modify my putter in any way after doing that either.

As for putting it on the driver, these grips let one really go after it because everything is relaxed and the misses are not as severe. 

• Like 1

I'll keep saying it. Been using the Jumbomax Ultralights for almost 2 years now and they are a gamechanger. Like the post above, especially for dispersion!!!!

I have probably converted now about 10 golfers at my club during this time. They all ask first, "is that a baseball grip?" on your club. Then they pick it up, then ask if they can hit it and then most times it's " this feels really good". 

• Like 1

I tried these and didn’t get along with them. I felt like my face to path with them was near zero because I saw little curvature in my ball flight, but I hit straight pushes or pulls as misses so it was making me steer the club with my body I guess. They are so light that my swing weight went from D4 to D8 as well which could have been the problem. 

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

3 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

I'll keep saying it. Been using the Jumbomax Ultralights for almost 2 years now and they are a gamechanger. Like the post above, especially for dispersion!!!!

I have probably converted now about 10 golfers at my club during this time. They all ask first, "is that a baseball grip?" on your club. Then they pick it up, then ask if they can hit it and then most times it's " this feels really good". 

my buddy said, "it feels like blood sausage"

8 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

17 hours ago, Lasorcier said:

I'll weigh in here on Jumbomax.

I wear a medium-large glove generally.  Using the Jumbomax sizing chart, it said I was a small.  So, I started with that and also got a medium to test.  Their sizing chart was pretty accurate, in that the medium felt too large (which for me meant there was too much of a gap between the pad of my thumb and the ring and flip off fingers.  The small was exactly correct in that there is a very small gap.

Fast forward, the smalls are on all of my clubs, driver down to the wedges.  I had heard the comments that you can't close the club face, promotes a slice, etc.  But, I find those to not be true.  I find no discernible difference in shot type when I compare the Jumbomax to what I was using before (Tour Velvet +4 midsize plus a few wraps).  I have always thought it to be weird when people use a huge putter grip ostensibly to quiet/relax their hands and because it is more comfortable to not consider that larger grips on their other clubs would get the same benefit.  I am using a super stroke pistol 1.0 gtr (something like that) and the jumbomax is about the same size.  They both confer the same benefit. 

My main shot pattern is primarily straight and it still is after I switched.  As a matter of fact, dispersion narrowed considerably with them.  That is because with standard and midsize I would sometimes deathgrip to control the club which caused me to pull or draw.  Once my hands are relaxed on the jumbomax, that stopped immediately.

Moreover, I use the tour ones which are supposedly too heavy and goof up swingweight, etc.  I have the them on all clubs and did not make any weight modifications to any of them.  I just don't think it is necessary to do that.  I quickly became used to how the swing felt and it feels better and the hands are so much more comfortable.  Same deal for my putter.  I came from a pingman grip, which I still like, to the superstroke.  I didn't modify my putter in any way after doing that either.

As for putting it on the driver, these grips let one really go after it because everything is relaxed and the misses are not as severe. 

👏👏👏👏👏

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Rogue Elite 859 65R

Adams Idea Pro 20° VS Proto
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW XP115
Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 3:04 PM, AllShowNoDough said:

I ordered 4 Large Ultralite to test out. They just arrived! Now just need to identify which composite shaft I'm going to try first. Got it down to the MMT 105TX (maybe 125), Steelfiber FC115, or Recoil 110 F5. 

So I decided against the composite shafts. I think the source of my shoulder and elbows problems were the head and grip combo. I was using standard MCC Plus4s with a couple of wraps of tape with an older Titleist CB after playing R9 TPs with midsize grips for years. So I put the R9s back in and decided to do a grip test. I went with the JMX Ultralite Lg on driver, 4i, 7, and PW. I also grabbed an MCC Plus 4 Jumbo, Lamkin Sonar Jumbo, Winn LT Oversize, a Lamkin Crossline midsize for old times sake, and left a few standards on others. I was a little sore going into today but I haven't experienced any additional irritation since spending 2 hours at the sim. I can comfortably attribute that to the larger grips and fit irons.

I really like the way the JMX feels. The Sonar isn't bad but just felt like it was a little slick for me. The Winn felt great but was just too soft. I really wish they didn't change the Crossline. Played my best golf with those. MCC has always been nice to me, I just never played the right size. MCC Plus 4 Jumbo became a favorite today.

For me, the large JMX is just too big. Spins rates went way up and I was seeing a full club less distance. The 7 iron with the JMX was producing identical numbers to the 8 iron with the MCC. The 4 iron and driver consistently left the planet. After using the jumbo grips, the clubs with standard grips were straight pull hooks. The 8 iron with MCC produced by far the most consistent results for me today. I prefer the feel of the JMX Ultralite but the weight of the MCC Plus 4 Jumbo and maybe just slightly larger. So my decision comes down to the XS or SM Tour Series. 

I have medium originals in my irons, and like the counter-balance effect they produce with the heavier weight.  Also, as others mentioned, I like the tack of the "pro" version I bought in medium from Amazon in pink at roughly half price that I put on some hybrids and backup driver.

I have XL Ultralite waiting in the wings for a new iron set I want to build.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 9:13 PM, SEP1006 said:

I used air for both the Tour's and the Ultralights, no issues with either.

I tried the Ultralite XL but ultimately went with the Tours in XS.  As mentioned above, $5.99 per grip combined with liking the size of the Plus4 Jumbo more is an easy decision. The tours feel a bit more rigid than the others. When you installed the Tours, did you have to increase your PSI at all? I had no problems installing the XL Ultralites with my usual PSI. I attempted last night and had no luck. It was getting late so I turned it off for the night. Thought I would ask before I turned up the pressure. It doesn't seem like the Jumbomax would have the same issues as traditional grips

1 hour ago, AllShowNoDough said:

I tried the Ultralite XL but ultimately went with the Tours in XS.  As mentioned above, $5.99 per grip combined with liking the size of the Plus4 Jumbo more is an easy decision. The tours feel a bit more rigid than the others. When you installed the Tours, did you have to increase your PSI at all? I had no problems installing the XL Ultralites with my usual PSI. I attempted last night and had no luck. It was getting late so I turned it off for the night. Thought I would ask before I turned up the pressure. It doesn't seem like the Jumbomax would have the same issues as traditional grips

If I remember correctly I still used 75 psi. I also mix up a little bit of Joy and very little water. Suds it up real good and brush on the handle of the club. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

If I remember correctly I still used 75 psi. I also mix up a little bit of Joy and very little water. Suds it up real good and brush on the handle of the club. 

The soap and water is key! Thanks! Needed a little bit of oomph to get it sliding but that worked better than just using grip solvent

1 hour ago, AllShowNoDough said:

I bought the tours also in xs and yes i went to 90 with them and slight twisting.  

• Like 1

It only hurts once, except golf it hurts a lifetime

55 minutes ago, AllShowNoDough said:

The soap and water is key! Thanks! Needed a little bit of oomph to get it sliding but that worked better than just using grip solvent

Good deal. I've never used solvent since swapping to air. Always soapy water and no issues.

• Like 1

What size do you guys recommend? I’m wearing ML glove size (Footjoy) and currently use Tour Velvet Midsize Plus4 but would like to go a little bigger than that, obviously. 

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

Putter Odyssey WhiteHot OG 2-Ball

Ball  Vice Pro/Snell MTB Prime

34 minutes ago, LukeDonaldsTiger said:

What size do you guys recommend? I’m wearing ML glove size (Footjoy) and currently use Tour Velvet Midsize Plus4 but would like to go a little bigger than that, obviously. 

Well a "little bigger" would be the Jumbomax Small

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, LukeDonaldsTiger said:

I wear an XL glove and tried the Ultralite XLs first. Not a fan personally. While trying those, I also was trying out some MCC Plus4 Jumbos which I thoroughly enjoyed. The Jumbomax XS are other companies Jumbo size (+1/8"). The butt diameter is a little bit bigger on the Jumbomax though. I ultimately went with XS Jumbomax Tours because I was able to get them for $5.99/grip on the Jumbomax website. Buying 13 got me 1 for free. If I had to pay full price, I personally would probably have gone with the MCC Plus 4 Jumbo. Also, being 6'6 and playing overlength clubs, the extra weight of the Tours is nice. Keeps the swing weights down. If you aren't playing overlength, the Ultralites are probably are good choice. That's such a personal thing though that I could never say for sure what you will like

• Thanks 1