Anyone hit any 2021 drivers already?

7 hours ago, sshadow2 said:

Hit the Mizuno STZ and PING G425 Max for a while. Enjoyed both. Sound, feel and address for the Mizuno STZ with Motore F1 was great, but, with my guarding from the over-cut/slice, the PING was easier to work with. I want the moveable weights the PING offers.

PING didn't sound as good as the Mizuno, but noticeably better than the G410+ IMO. Felt great with the Tensei Raw Orange where I saw similar numbers as my G410+.

I'll be upgrading to the G425 Max simply for the better control and stability. I believe I'll stick with the Tensei; this head needs counterbalancing at stock config IMO. At least until some lighter weights come out.

Sorry but could you go into more detail about "guarding from the over-cut/slice" with the STZ? 

2 hours ago, idontnoh said:

Sorry but could you go into more detail about "guarding from the over-cut/slice" with the STZ? 

I fight a cut especially when going after it. I have an easier time turning over the head with the PING.

Edited by sshadow2

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

On 1/29/2021 at 10:22 PM, luckypolk said:

The LST isn't super low spinning, at least for me. The spin numbers were good, but I just wasn't getting any bang out of it. The Max would've thrown spin too high. And to be honest, I'm not sure which SIM head I hit. I was doing my best not to look at heads and shafts so I wouldn't throw any bias into my swing, if that makes sense. I knew it was a SIM from the look obviously, but didn't look more into it than that. I guess it was one of those cases where I just let the fitter work and didn't think twice. I am naturally low launch with mid to high spin. I think he threw me in TSi2 to get launch and see what would happen. Spin was fine so no need to see TSi3. Same with Callaway, spin numbers were fine so no need to see LS or the other one. At least for me, the heads weren't exactly tied to their marketing. The ones that were supposed to be low spin didn't always fit there and the ones that are supposed to be more forgiving weren't always high spin, at least for my delivery. The four I mentioned all had correct spin numbers. Some I just hit better than others thanks to built in forgiveness.

Again, I think the 425 LST is the perfect "low spin" alternative for the tweener coming from the 410 series. The plus spun too much and the LST was too low in terms of spin. The 425 LST would thus be your unicorn.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

I got a chance to try the Ping G425 Max, Cobra Rad Speed, and Rad Speed XB yesterday. GG was super busy so I'll have to head back to test out the others. No Mizuno or Srixon heads there yet anyway. I currently hit my Rogue better than the Ping. I am currently straying across the face a bit more than usual no matter what driver I'm hitting so take this with a grain of salt. Distance was all within a few yards on a GC2. The Cobra XB stayed the most online on mishits for me and ended up a little longer as a result. If a shot started right or left, they just seemed to not stray as far as anything else. I wasn't really considering a driver this year but I may have to give the XB a serious look. I would like to try Epic Max, Sim 2 Max and TSi2 soon. 

We're going on a Minimalist Adventure who knows were we'll end up:

"Full" 10-Club Bag currently looks like this:

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 13.5

Taylormade Sim Max 7w Mitsubishi Diamana F Limited 75S

Titleist 818H1 25* Fuji Atmos Black 9s

Callaway Mavrik Pro 7-PW Project X Rifle Tour Flighted 105 6.0

Vokey SM9 50.08F

Vokey SM9 56.10S

White Hot OG #1

Srixon Z Star/Chrome Soft X

11 minutes ago, rkillian said:

I got a chance to try the Ping G425 Max, Cobra Rad Speed, and Rad Speed XB yesterday. GG was super busy so I'll have to head back to test out the others. No Mizuno or Srixon heads there yet anyway. I currently hit my Rogue better than the Ping. I am currently straying across the face a bit more than usual no matter what driver I'm hitting so take this with a grain of salt. Distance was all within a few yards on a GC2. The Cobra XB stayed the most online on mishits for me and ended up a little longer as a result. If a shot started right or left, they just seemed to not stray as far as anything else. I wasn't really considering a driver this year but I may have to give the XB a serious look. I would like to try Epic Max, Sim 2 Max and TSi2 soon. 

how forgiving was the Ping? 

4 minutes ago, Viper4225 said:

how forgiving was the Ping? 

I didn't find the Ping any more forgiving than my Rogue in terms of ball speed or offline shots. I haven't been swinging my best lately so while not the best way to judge a product, it did let me know which would work better for me when I'm not my best. Shots that were off line, were more off line with the Ping than with the Cobra. Ball speed and distance was pretty comparable with the Cobra maybe edging it out. I think the Cobra sounds better but I don't really love the look of either. 

We're going on a Minimalist Adventure who knows were we'll end up:

"Full" 10-Club Bag currently looks like this:

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 13.5

Taylormade Sim Max 7w Mitsubishi Diamana F Limited 75S

Titleist 818H1 25* Fuji Atmos Black 9s

Callaway Mavrik Pro 7-PW Project X Rifle Tour Flighted 105 6.0

Vokey SM9 50.08F

Vokey SM9 56.10S

White Hot OG #1

Srixon Z Star/Chrome Soft X

1 hour ago, Hedgehog said:

Sharing some 2021 driver testing findings, last season gamed SIM Max 11,25 in a Hzrdus Green 70/6.0 and 2019 G410 Plus Tour 65X. Currently in the bag is a Speedzone 11,5 with custom weights and a 48" Tensei CK Orange 60 X with a custom counterweight. This has been a speed pushing test that I started last fall and so far I have had awesome results with the long shaft, not so much more speed but it has neutralized a lot of delivery angles for me and I just hit straighter drives with it. I need launch and mid spin from a driver to be optimized. Going to get fitted tomorrow at a TM4 indoors using dotted Tour BXS I game, going to hare some more data tomorrow. Finding of my 2021 random testing's so far:

G425 Max is the driver I would want to game because it is so forgiving, already have customs weight for it to game in a longer shaft. Like how it sits, looks, hate the sound. Problem is nobody in my country does Hotmelt so can't silence the sound down. Also my rep keeps telling me we don't have Ping WRX in Europe so no digitally lofted heads for us and so on.. But still had a 30min quick fitting with it with a Ping rep, really liked the 10,5 head with weight in the fade setting and the Alta CB shaft gave me the most optimal trajectory and numbers: (TM4 with Pro V1 not dotted)
Alta CB X 55 45,75":       SS 105,7mph / AOA 3,7 / BS 157,2 / 2315 rpm / 263 carry

Tensei Raw 65S 45,25": SS 105,9mph / AOA 3,6 / BS 156,6 / 1835 rpm / 258 carry
GD IZ 6X 45,75":             SS 107,2mph / AOA 4,2 / BS 158,1 / 2366 rpm / 263 carry

In an ideal world I would order it from Ping with hotmelt in the toe to silence the sound and to slow the rotation a bit with the Alta CB 55X playing at 47" set at flat neutral.

Cobra RAD XB is the next best thing I have hit so far this season, great improvement in the sound compared to SpeedZone Extreme last season, much smoother at impact. (This is what I would want G425 Max to sound like) The number in the Trackman4 pic below (meters) is hit with my own Tensei shaft in the XB 10,5 Head, it gives me great forgiveness and great numbers with pretty optimal spin. I think this is the best head Cobra has made, it's a contender for sure. Had a 30min session with a Cobra rep but he didn't have all the 2021 shafts for the heads and none of the X flexes, also using a crappy old misreading TM3 in a small space where the radar did not pick up data properly. Here are some of my findings from a 30min session (averages):

Radspeed Ventus Blue (velocore) 6X 45,25"SS 101,5mph / 11,8 launch / BS 149,9 / 2197 rpm / 244 carry

RAD XB Fujikura Motore X F1 6S 45,75":         SS 102,7mph / 11,7 launch / BS 155,8 / 2260 rpm / 258 carry
RAD XB Tensei CK Orange 60X 48":                SS 104,0mph / 15,1 launch / BS 157,1 / 2241 rpm / 266 carry

Really liked the MotoreX shaft, ideal world I would order a flat adapter RAD XB in a Motore F1/F3 X-Flex 48" with a Matte black crown (to bad inly glossy for XB) with a 2gr weight in the back instead of the 6gr it now has. D4 swingweight

Sim 2 Max I have only tested the feels, no trackman data yet, felt awesome, wonder if it can reach the forgiveness of the XB and G425 Max.. In the pic next to my Speedzone head. I know SIM 2 is a bit higher spinning this season but I think I will be a better fit for the SIM 2 Max because I don't hit the ball of the center every time. I will test the heads with my Hzrdus Green tomorrow.

Epic Speed I have gotten to test only for the feels so far this season, didn't like the feel but the head looks great, also the stock Hzrdus iM10 felt pretty bad. Will test the MAX and the MAX LS tomorrow. Hope the fitter has the Hzrdus RDX Blue for these to test.

25IZ.jpg

ES.jpg

RXB.jpg

SZ S2M.jpg

TM numbers.jpg

Have you not hit the Titleist drivers yet , I don’t see them in your review which is a shame because they are incredible drivers and have multiple tour wins already , do yourself a favor and hit the Tsi2 very easy to hit super forgiving. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alpineto said:

Have you not hit the Titleist drivers yet , I don’t see them in your review which is a shame because they are incredible drivers and have multiple tour wins already , do yourself a favor and hit the Tsi2 very easy to hit super forgiving. 

Will do tomorrow, have only had a quick test of them and wouldn't base any opinions about them yet after that quick testing 👍🏼

• Like 1

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

Finally got the chance to hit Epic 2021 lineup and also RADspeed XB......brought in TSi2;  I love the stability and consistency of TSi2 but always felt I was leaving something on the table......

Speed and max were 10.5 heads and LS was 9* 

Having said that the shape of the LS is exactly the shape of the TSi2 to my eye....

Ballspeed and sound are better in the LS head while still being stable.....didn't expect to like the LS head but now it's in the lead!

43 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

Finally got the chance to hit Epic 2021 lineup and also RADspeed XB......brought in TSi2;  I love the stability and consistency of TSi2 but always felt I was leaving something on the table......

Speed and max were 10.5 heads and LS was 9* 

Having said that the shape of the LS is exactly the shape of the TSi2 to my eye....

Ballspeed and sound are better in the LS head while still being stable.....didn't expect to like the LS head but now it's in the lead!

What did you see as the differences between the 3 callaway heads? What stood out with the LS head above the other 2. I have gamed the sub zero model in the last 3 callaway drivers. When hit well they are perfect, but I have found them unforgiving on mishits and susceptible to the low spin snap hook. Interested to hear your opinion on how the LS might compare. Thanks

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dsevans8 said:

What did you see as the differences between the 3 callaway heads? What stood out with the LS head above the other 2. I have gamed the sub zero model in the last 3 callaway drivers. When hit well they are perfect, but I have found them unforgiving on mishits and susceptible to the low spin snap hook. Interested to hear your opinion on how the LS might compare. Thanks

Very , very quick assessment.....

I've been using a tsi2 with well above average success but ever so slight ponder as to what else could get me here? Tsi2 felt just a bit spinny although deadly accurate. 

Had already hit 425 max, sim2, sim2 max and last years sim.....nothing stood out.

I'm a broken, slothful 55yo  lefty so choices are limited;  enjoy the game and look for a driver that can provide looks, feel with some stable performance.....again ,a lefty.

Tsi3 is phenomenal looking but I'm not good enough to play it with confidence....tsi2 LOOKED stretched back but I'm starting to see that shape more of what I need.

So the speed head was very light and tsi3-ish but I think more forgiving and I wish it was in a 9* head as it was very easy to launch. 

The max was just a very large footprint and again I'd love to see it again in a 9* 

The LS initially was undesirable due to pictures.......but after seeing in person, it is exactly the shape of the tsi2 to my eye.....

The sound was better; more solid than tsi2;  I attribute that strictly to the carbon fiber construction.....the tsi2 has very good acoustics mine you.

The LS is flatter and I didn't get a chance to adjust more upright but it was similar flight and trajectory to tsi2 but a shade longer having more ballspeed and lower spin.....I tried both clubs in same shaft and also the LS in smoke I/10 50g model......these won't hit floors until mid month but I'll continue to reach and demo on different days ......also the golf course is a necessity for confidence building. 

Remember I'm the OLD slow guy and your mileage WILL vary! 🤣🤣🤣😁😁😁

I have efsz and this is much more forgiving and still as hot as I brought that in also

Edited by SwooshLT
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

Very , very quick assessment.....

I've been using a tsi2 with well above average success but ever so slight ponder as to what else could get me here? Tsi2 felt just a bit spinny although deadly accurate. 

Had already hit 425 max, sim2, sim2 max and last years sim.....nothing stood out.

I'm a broken, slothful 55yo  lefty so choices are limited;  enjoy the game and look for a driver that can provide looks, feel with some stable performance.....again ,a lefty.

Tsi3 is phenomenal looking but I'm not good enough to play it with confidence....tsi2 LOOKED stretched back but I'm starting to see that shape more of what I need.

So the speed head was very light and tsi3-ish but I think more forgiving and I wish it was in a 9* head as it was very easy to launch. 

The max was just a very large footprint and again I'd love to see it again in a 9* 

The LS initially was undesirable due to pictures.......but after seeing in person, it is exactly the shape of the tsi2 to my eye.....

The sound was better; more solid than tsi2;  I attribute that strictly to the carbon fiber construction.....the tsi2 has very good acoustics mine you.

The LS is flatter and I didn't get a chance to adjust more upright but it was similar flight and trajectory to tsi2 but a shade longer having more ballspeed and lower spin.....I tried both clubs in same shaft and also the LS in smoke I/10 50g model......these won't hit floors until mid month but I'll continue to reach and demo on different days ......also the golf course is a necessity for confidence building. 

Remember I'm the OLD slow guy and your mileage WILL vary! 🤣🤣🤣😁😁😁

I have efsz and this is much more forgiving and still as hot as I brought that in also

I appreciate your response. While I may not be as old as you, I understand where you are coming from. I like the look of the LS, and everything that I have read and seen sounds like it is low spinning, but not as low spinning as the EFSZ or MAV SZ. I mean everyone is looking for more forgiveness on off center hits, and my miss is more toe side so the SZ models just produce these low spin quick hooks when I get the toe closing too much too quick.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dsevans8 said:

I appreciate your response. While I may not be as old as you, I understand where you are coming from. I like the look of the LS, and everything that I have read and seen sounds like it is low spinning, but not as low spinning as the EFSZ or MAV SZ. I mean everyone is looking for more forgiveness on off center hits, and my miss is more toe side so the SZ models just produce these low spin quick hooks when I get the toe closing too much too quick.

No worries as we all enjoy the game enough to share our insight and experiences .......I struggled with consistent launch in efsz and sound was a shade off putting......

The LS is a combination of efsz and tsi2 in my eye......stability/forgiveness of tsi2 with fast speed of efsz but far better sound. 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2021 at 11:59 AM, Hedgehog said:

Sharing some 2021 driver testing findings, last season gamed SIM Max 11,25 in a Hzrdus Green 70/6.0 and 2019 G410 Plus Tour 65X. SIM Max was the best sounding, fastest ballspeed driver I have ever had, but for the life of me couldn't find a consistent aim with it.. That's why last fall I started testing other drivers and setups, currently in the bag is a Speedzone 11,5 with custom weights and a 48" Tensei CK Orange 60 X with a custom counterweight. This has been a speed pushing test that I started last fall and so far I have had awesome results with the long shaft, not so much more speed but it has neutralized a lot of delivery angles for me and I just hit straighter drives with it. I need launch and mid spin from a driver to be optimized. Going to get fitted tomorrow at a TM4 indoors using dotted Bridgestone Tour BXS (my gamer ball), going to hare some more data tomorrow. So to the finding of my 2021 random testing's so far:

G425 Max is the driver I would want to game because it is so forgiving, I am not after more distance, but would preferably want to hit more fairways. So as we had to wait like 6months for the G425 launch I already have custom weight for a longer shaft setup. I really Like how G425 Max sits and looks, I like that they are back in dark matte black and it also makes the turbulators look smaller, also like the more rounded crown. The max is a draw bias head in my hands, G410 Plus was a fade bias head for me in my 2019 setup, but yeah my delivery has changed a lot after that. One only big negative is that I hate the sound. Problem is nobody in my country does hotmelt jobs so can't silence the sound down. Also my rep keeps telling me we don't have Ping WRX in Europe so no digitally lofted heads and so on.. But yeah, had a quick 30min sesh with the max driver with my Ping rep, really liked the 10,5 head with weight in the fade setting and the Alta CB shaft gave me the most optimal trajectory and numbers: (TM4 with Pro V1 not dotted)
Alta CB X 55 45,75":       SS 105,7mph / AOA 3,7 / BS 157,2 / 2315 rpm / 263 carry

Tensei Raw 65S 45,25": SS 105,9mph / AOA 3,6 / BS 156,6 / 1835 rpm / 258 carry
GD IZ 6X 45,75":             SS 107,2mph / AOA 4,2 / BS 158,1 / 2366 rpm / 263 carry

In an ideal world I would order it from Ping with hotmelt in the toe to silence the sound and to slow the rotation a bit with the Alta CB 55X playing at 47" set at flat neutral.

Cobra RAD XB is the next best thing I have hit so far this season, great improvement in the sound compared to SpeedZone Extreme last season, much smoother at impact. (This is what I would want the Ping to sound like) The number in the Trackman4 pic below (in meters) is hit with my own Tensei shaft in the XB 10,5 Head, it gives me great forgiveness and great numbers with pretty optimal spin. I think this is the best head Cobra has made, it's a contender for sure. Had a 30min session with a Cobra rep but he didn't have all the 2021 shafts for the heads and none of the X flexes, was also using a crappy old misreading TM3 in a small space where the radar did not pick up data properly. Here are some of my findings from a 30min session (averages):

Radspeed Ventus Blue (velocore) 6X 45,25"SS 101,5mph / 11,8 launch / BS 149,9 / 2197 rpm / 244 carry

RAD XB Fujikura Motore X F1 6S 45,75":         SS 102,7mph / 11,7 launch / BS 155,8 / 2260 rpm / 258 carry
RAD XB Tensei CK Orange 60X 48":                SS 104,0mph / 15,1 launch / BS 157,1 / 2241 rpm / 266 carry

Really liked the MotoreX shaft, I would order a flat adapter RAD XB in a Motore F1/F3 X-Flex 48" with a Matte black crown (too bad only glossy crown for XB) with a 2gr weight in the back instead of the 6gr it now has. D4 swingweight

Sim 2 Max I have only tested the feels, no trackman data yet, felt awesome, but I do wonder if it can reach the forgiveness of the XB and G425 Max.. In the pic next to my Speedzone head. I know SIM 2 is a bit higher spinning this season but I think I will be a better fit for the SIM 2 Max because I don't hit the ball of the center every time. I will test the heads with my Hzrdus Green tomorrow.

Epic Speed I have gotten to test only for the feels so far this season, didn't like the feel but the head looks great, also the stock Hzrdus iM10 felt pretty bad. Will test the MAX and the MAX LS tomorrow. Hope the fitter has the Hzrdus RDX Blue to test.

25IZ.jpg

ES.jpg

RXB.jpg

SZ S2M.jpg

TM numbers.jpg

Can you provide more info on what you didn’t like about the IM10 and were you hitting the low or mid shaft? Thanks 

6 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

No worries as we all enjoy the game enough to share our insight and experiences .......I struggled with consistent launch in efsz and sound was a shade off putting......

The LS is a combination of efsz and tsi2 in my eye......stability/forgiveness of tsi2 with fast speed of efsz but far better sound. 

Did you hit those clubs indoors ? because when I first demoed the TSI2 it was indoors and it sounded tinny compared to the TSI3 but when I got fitted outdoors it didn't sound tinny at all 
it actually sounds great just not as muted as the 3 but it's a great sounding driver to my ears lovely crack off of it .

Edited by alpineto
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, alpineto said:

Did you hit those clubs indoors ? because when I first demoed the TSI2 it was indoors and it sounded tinny compared to the TSI3 but when I got fitted outdoors it didn't sound tinny at all 
it actually sounds great just not as muted as the 3 but it's a great sounding driver to my ears lovely crack off of it .

Yeah, I've hit tsi2 outside and it's wonderful......the LS has a nice sound/feel and certainly hit it outside.....now adding SIM2 into the mix......great choices to Wade through 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fishn said:

Can you provide more info on what you didn’t like about the IM10 and were you hitting the low or mid shaft? Thanks 

For some reason it just didn't feel like anything to me.. I have gamed Hzrdus Green 6.0 70gr 45,24 and 45,75 last season and to me I loved the stout a bit heavy feel and it gave me great launch and low spin, felt like I always knew where the head was. It gave me better launch then Ventus Blue velocore in my SIM Max.

For im10 I felt none of that, will have to give it another go, was a small sample size of 10-15 balls in a big bubble hall range.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

My best guess is that the iM10 Mid has a profile quite similar to the HZRDUS T800 that was a primary option in the OG Epic from ‘17. True Temper says the iM10 Low has much in common with the HZRDUS T1100, so it would make sense that the iM10 Mid relates in a similar fashion. Much like T800, the Mid is a fine fit for most club golfers with average speed and tempo, but it’s dressed up as something that piques the interest of shaft enthusiasts with some speed while likely leaving them disappointed. Plenty of other good options for that sort of player, of course.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Got to hit the TSi2 briefly yesterday. Fitting against the G425 Max and LST. After 5 strikes, I knew it wasn't for me. contrary to popular opinion, I didn't like the sound (indoors) or the look (the sole is nice though). Unfortunately, I only tested the Tensei Blue Raw.

For me, the numbers across the board was with the G425 Max.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

I hit the tsi2, tsi3 and speed drivers yesterday indoors. For me indoor numbers don't mean too much as compared to an outdoor fitting. But just based upon hitting 15 balls with each Driver head the Tsi2 felt and looked the best. The Speed Driver head did not look great for me. Need to get outdoors with a launch monitor and see the ball flight and will post back then

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

On 2/4/2021 at 1:16 AM, fishn said:

Thanks Hedgehog and bcflyguy1 for the shaft info. What no upcharge shafts do you think are better overall for mid launch/spin and/or low launch/mid spin for the new Epic that one might consider? Maybe the Rogue White?

Mid launch/spin KBS TD is awesome, it's an upcharge shaft but well worth it imo. I have Category 3  tipped 0,5" in my Ping fairway wood and it's money.

Low launch mid spin recommendation from me would be Ventus Blue Velocore and I would call it mid spin, just make sure that you get maybe a step softer flex then normal for the shaft to work properly. Might also need to go up in loft a bit. I would also recommend trying the Tensei RAW Orange, very popular shaft this year.

I personally don't like the Rogue White 130 M.S.I., not much feel and a bit heavy..  

@Dsevans8

Went back to hit again SIM2 and Max LS.....both 9* heads and I brought tsi2 as baseline......SIM2 was adjoined with stock tensei 60R , tsi2 kuro kage silver 60R and I put my UST attas gogo 5R in Max LS head.....tsi2 was very steady and performed as expected.....Max LS was lower spin, higher ballspeed and 8-10 further will maintaining same dispersion.....

SIM2 and Speed head felt too light and won't move on in the process. 

13 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

Mid launch/spin KBS TD is awesome, it's an upcharge shaft but well worth it imo. I have Category 3  tipped 0,5" in my Ping fairway wood and it's money.

Low launch mid spin recommendation from me would be Ventus Blue Velocore and I would call it mid spin, just make sure that you get maybe a step softer flex then normal for the shaft to work properly. Might also need to go up in loft a bit. I would also recommend trying the Tensei RAW Orange, very popular shaft this year.

I personally don't like the Rogue White 130 M.S.I., not much feel and a bit heavy..  

Thanks but I really need to stick with a no adder shaft, this a lot for me to spend already. I appreciate your suggestions though

Did a second fitting today, originally had looked at Titelist, Callaway, Ping and Cobra (TM just doesn’t sit right for some reason) and narrowed it down to 425lst and the Epic line.

Last was slower for me but honestly it’s just the sound I can’t get over. I really wanted to get over those things but I couldn’t.

Max LS and Speed were super close, but ultimately performance/looks/feel I settled on the Speed. Paired with a Tour AD VR this club just felt different. Pulled the trigger on it, can’t wait...

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD -  Autoflex SF505X

3 Wood: Taylormade Sim2 Ti  - TourAD VR 7S

2 Srixon ZX Utility -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

4 Hybrid: Titelist TSi2 - Kuro Kage 60s

PW-5:  Titelist T150 - Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Wedges: Titelist SM9 50,55,60  -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Putter: Evnroll ER2

I got my Epic Speed Max LS today....gonna play it tomorrow for the the first round.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Callaway Epic Speed ♦♦♦LS 9° Ventus 6S
Callaway Epic Speed 13.5° Ventus 7S
Taylormade P790 4-P DG105 S300

Taylormade  MG3 52° - 58°

Piretti Matera GSS

Titleist ProV1