5 minutes ago, TaylorMade Golf said:

This is busy? 🤷‍♂️

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 3.17.56 PM.png

Looks fantastic. Pre-ordered mine today. Fingers crossed the fade bias and sound that was there last year wasn’t tweaked too much 😁

• Like 1

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

I don’t understand why people didn’t like the face depth of the sim and are now so excited to have it back. I would guess most of you have a 3 wood in your bag and a lot of golfers hit it quite well often with better accuracy and good distance. Does larger face depth actually help or hinder you? I get it “bigger the face, more the forgiveness” but what I found with Sim  was that the shallower face actually forced me to hit the center more often.Personally I wish more OEMs would trend this way. Anyways something to think on 

3 wood face depth - 310mm

2016 m2 face depth - 510mm

2020 Sim face depth - 470mm

Not sure what the depth is on Sim2 Anyone? Thoughts

Edited by LIGHT THE CANDLE
Horrible grammar

On 1/19/2021 at 6:19 PM, TaylorMade Golf said:

This is busy? 🤷‍♂️

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 3.17.56 PM.png

for me, yes....the stark contrast in colors draws my eye away from the target area.....the transitional blue to grey racing stripe on each side seems unnecessary to me when you already have the blue outline wrapping around the side to the back of the crown.  so, for me personally, the two stripes draw your attention to the back of the crown because I see it as these two stripes are pointing to or framing out an area...mute those two lines with a dark grey and make the front line a dark grey or a matte black and it works for me.......I wanted to try the SIM2 but for my eye, it doesnt work.   

Edited by tsecor

On 1/12/2021 at 9:12 AM, VNutz said:

Interesting, moving weights has been a thing with TM drivers for quite a while now. Odd to see them removed and so few options in terms of adjustability.

I like blue, so I dig the color scheme. As to the crown, that's on par with the looks since the M3, so I'm fine with it by now.

Just watched the Tour Player's reactions to this on YouTube and they were like "well, where did the weight go?" Lol.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, tsecor said:

for me, yes....the stark contrast in colors draws my eye away from the target area.....the transitional blue to grey racing stripe on each side seems unnecessary to me when you already have the blue outline wrapping around the side to the back of the crown.  so, for me personally, the two stripes draw your attention to the back of the crown because I see it as these two stripes are pointing to or framing out an area...mute those two lines with a dark grey and make the front line a dark grey or a matte black and it works for me.......I wanted to try the SIM2 but for my eye, it doesnt work.   

...black electric tape would work if you are marooned on a golf course island with this driver. You may survive long enough to be rescued. You're welcome 3M 😜

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

3 hours ago, GarretG said:

Just watched the Tour Player's reactions to this on YouTube and they were like "well, where did the weight go?" Lol.

"This revolutionary design meant we had to make it less adjustable and take away features". 😅

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Order in with my builder! Stoked to get it in person and get her dialed. Thanks for the info in this thread. 

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

I guess I’m the only one who doesn’t like moveable weights.

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

32 minutes ago, ASN21 said:

I am with you as well. Has never worked well for me on drivers. Most people set them and forget them anyways and if they are constantly changing the weights it is to their own detriment. 

Well, 2 counter points...

1. MWT allows an off the shelf driver to be tailored to a player. Helps keep a player's consistent miss to be minimal. It's not about constantly changing the weight, it's about finding a setting and keeping it there.

2. MWT allows a driver to be changed if someone has a change in their game or ball. I played all last year in one setting. After tournament season I went about trying to minimize something that happened a few times in tournament rounds that cost me wins. I also changed balls. I was able to add loft to my driver while keeping it fade biased. I now have the driver set and forgotten again. But I was able to tweak because of MWT.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Well, 2 counter points...

1. MWT allows an off the shelf driver to be tailored to a player. Helps keep a player's consistent miss to be minimal. It's not about constantly changing the weight, it's about finding a setting and keeping it there.

2. MWT allows a driver to be changed if someone has a change in their game or ball. I played all last year in one setting. After tournament season I went about trying to minimize something that happened a few times in tournament rounds that cost me wins. I also changed balls. I was able to add loft to my driver while keeping it fade biased. I now have the driver set and forgotten again. But I was able to tweak because of MWT.

One point:

if you need MWT to help with a swing or ball change you should invest in lessons instead. 

and no I am not anti mwt but I am here to dispel the crutch notions about mwt 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Mookie91 said:

I guess I’m the only one who doesn’t like moveable weights.

Most of the pictures I've seen of the tour player's SIM's, have the moveable weight in the stock "center" position.  They could be moving weight internally with hot melt, but I suspect use of hot melt would be more for sound than weight bias.  

image.png.f460117a90268037979a856a34c78cbc.png

image.png.e866027a5bab2c2d015ba41b942d5d65.png

image.png.76319144f3e91116aeec49826e61213c.png

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, boyce89976 said:

Most of the pictures I've seen of the tour player's SIM's, have the moveable weight in the stock "center" position.  They could be moving weight internally with hot melt, but I suspect use of hot melt would be more for sound than weight bias.  

There's a YouTube video from November where Trottie builds a SIM to DJ's specs at that time. He puts 8g of hot melt in the heel. They're using it for swing weighting and putting the weight where the player wants in the head. The back and front weights get changed to lighter weights, if needed. Most of these guys are not having their drivers dialed by changing the weight track.

People are getting too worked up about moveable weights, or the lack thereof. The last time I checked, this site still regards the 2016 M2 as one of the greatest drivers ever made. No moveable weights on that bad boy. I get why people want them, but they're not gone forever. Listen to what TM said in their tour pro video and some comments posted on other sites. Moveable weights aren't dead, they're just on hold. To accomplish what TM wanted with the new internal structure of SIM2, they had to remove the movable system, but you know they're working on it for future releases.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

1 hour ago, jll62 said:

There's a YouTube video from November where Trottie builds a SIM to DJ's specs at that time. He puts 8g of hot melt in the heel. They're using it for swing weighting and putting the weight where the player wants in the head. The back and front weights get changed to lighter weights, if needed. Most of these guys are not having their drivers dialed by changing the weight track.

People are getting too worked up about moveable weights, or the lack thereof. The last time I checked, this site still regards the 2016 M2 as one of the greatest drivers ever made. No moveable weights on that bad boy. I get why people want them, but they're not gone forever. Listen to what TM said in their tour pro video and some comments posted on other sites. Moveable weights aren't dead, they're just on hold. To accomplish what TM wanted with the new internal structure of SIM2, they had to remove the movable system, but you know they're working on it for future releases.

That's what I figured, but I don't think 8g is enough to affect ball flight... that's only ~4% of the total weight... maybe ~8% if it's 100% offset by reducing the other weight plugs by the same amount.    

13 hours ago, Iñigo_Kolbe said:

I can’t wait to pick one of those up in 2 years when y’all have moved on to the SIM4. 😂

Yep. Or pick up the heads in 6 months time when all this madness dies down.

Seriously, by then, we will know how the SIM2 carbon fiber sole will fair in real world slamming, throwing, clip the wooden tees real hackers world.

My suspicion, if it's like the OG GBB Epic heads that had some carbon on the sole near the rear, it will look like it's been sand papered, chipped etc definitely not the nice glossy look that WOWs everyone now. My 2c

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

10 minutes ago, tsecor said:

lol!!!!! That is awesome!!!   i love it....and it looks insane.....THAT i would buy.  Ill be honest.....that is what the driver SHOULD  look like......i think we have the model for the SIM 3

I know. I'd buy it too. I think the last TM driver I considered was the black r15. Everything since has looked insane to me. Just give me a big black driver that rips. That's all I care about