2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Sim 2 Rescue

JTHilimire

On 2/23/2021 at 12:17 PM, ignitewvu said:

Which was TM's last great players hybrid.  The M1's sucked and the M3's were a no Adams shaped TM shaped looking 17M1.  The Gapr was hideous as well.

Great looking hybrid. Also the hybrid that made me decide that "player's hybrid" is fools gold. Forgiveness is the way...

On 2/23/2021 at 9:05 AM, Multipass613 said:

Just came back from taking a look at the SIM 2 rescue at my local retail store. The head looks absolutely beautiful, the shaping and cosmetics are spot on with other classic players hybrids like Callaway Apex '16, Adams Pro, etc. This looks like a club you can hit out of the rough or off the tee equally well.

That said, the tensei blue shaft in stiff felt like a wobbly Top Flite seniors/women's club. I tried a demo hybrid last year with this shaft on trackman and it flew to the moon and drew left frequently. I'm not a shaft expert and I'm sure there's some aerospace grade important sounding stuff inside, but I just couldn't get over the wobbly feeling. This is my personal bias, YMMV. Really strange why they would choose this shaft for the club.

OEM’s are catering  to the non wrx’ers who have slower swing speeds.  Most of us here buy nothing from retail as stock with the exception of maybe a wedge or a putter because swing speed is irrelevant for the most part to a stock wedge purchase, usually the shaft is good enough.  I buy everything either through a local shop as a custom order, or direct with the OEM or with another online retailer who offers custom ordering through their website.   I use Golftown for the waggle test and a good look at the head f a club, that’s it.  

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cobra Snakebite 23 V 58 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

1 hour ago, ASN21 said:

Looks like a delay for the Ventus Blue shaft. Now expected date is in April for my order. 

Crap.  Mine is supposed to ship this week.  I’m a little miffed, order these from GG second day of presale and still haven’t got them.  Ordered SIM2 Driver and 3W from TM Customs directly on Feb 4th and got on the 19th.....

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

I really love my Ping G410 hybrid but I ordered the SIM2 Rescue on the spot after hitting it.  Incredible feel and very consistent from shot to shot - more so than my current club.  Launch and spin were all very similar to my G410 and the Ping has the PX Evenflow Black 85-x shaft.  I think this SIM2 Rescue is going to be a gem.  I ordered mine with an AD-DI 85x the weekend they came out and still no shipping notification.  I actually hit it great with the stock Tensei Blue 85-x too but the AD-DI has been a good hybrid shaft for me (& many others).  Probably one of the best looking hybrids out there too, IMO - especially at address.  Looking forward to getting it on the course.

TM Qi10 LS 8.25°, Ventus Black 6X, tipped 1”, 44.75” 

TM BRNR Mini Driver at 12° (HWF), HZRDUS Black RDX 70 TX, tipped 1", 43.75"

TM Stealth+ 5w at 18.25°, HZRDUS Black RDX 80 6.5, tipped 1”, 42.5”

2023 Titleist T100 (4-GW), PX 6.0, +1/4”

Vokey SM10 54.12(D), 60.08(M), PX 6.0, +1/4"

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2, 360g, 35"

12 hours ago, Hougz79 said:

Crap.  Mine is supposed to ship this week.  I’m a little miffed, order these from GG second day of presale and still haven’t got them.  Ordered SIM2 Driver and 3W from TM Customs directly on Feb 4th and got on the 19th.....

Got an email last night from CS that it might only be a 1 week delay. Fingers crossed!

• 7 months later...

Who’s still playing this Sim2 Rescue? I’d love to hear some longer-term reviews.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

7 minutes ago, eric61 said:

Who’s still playing this Sim2 Rescue? I’d love to hear some longer-term reviews.

I got mine out on Sunday. Mine is a 22* with the stock stiff Ventus. I cut it a 1/4” shorter and hot melted a bit in a neutral position. I think I like it better than my Ping G425 22* hybrid.  EDIT: after seeing the original title I realized you’re talking about the Sim2 hybrid and not the Sim2 Max? Mine is a Sim2 Max….

Edited by pmang
  • Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Max 10.5* Diamana GT 60 S
Callaway AI Smoke Max 5W Tensei Blue 65 S

Ping G430 4H RDX Red 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-GW Modus 105S (bent 2* weak)
Callaway Jaws Raw 54* & 58*
Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K #7 34”

3 minutes ago, pmang said:

I got mine out on Sunday. Mine is a 22* with the stock stiff Ventus. I cut it a 1/4” shorter and hot melted a bit in a neutral position. I think I like it better than my Ping G425 22* hybrid.

I’m interested because the G425 4 is what I have now. What are you liking better? How do they compare, not just in terms of looks but distance-wise, trajectory, fade vs draw bias, etc.?

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

1 minute ago, eric61 said:

I’m interested because the G425 4 is what I have now. What are you liking better? How do they compare, not just in terms of looks but distance-wise, trajectory, fade vs draw bias, etc.?

I realized you’re referring to the Sim2 and not the Sim2 Max. I have the Max version. It seems the stock shaft is a little bit lighter and easier to swing than the stock Ping. Other than that, there’s not a huge difference. Just a better fit for me.

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Max 10.5* Diamana GT 60 S
Callaway AI Smoke Max 5W Tensei Blue 65 S

Ping G430 4H RDX Red 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-GW Modus 105S (bent 2* weak)
Callaway Jaws Raw 54* & 58*
Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K #7 34”

Played mine for a full season now and it is impressive. Despite being intended for the "better player" it is very forgiving. Definitely long when hit well, and plenty of distance on mishits. I've got the 19.5' with a Fuji Pro 2.0 8X, and I must admit, it is a tasty setup. Always relish the opportunity to un-sheath it 😏

My last hybrid turned into a duck hook machine, but this one sits wide open, allowing me to take a full rip without fear of the dreaded left ball. Love the all black look too. Looks small at address but not intimidating. If I had to criticize one aspect, it's the sound. It is EXTREMELY muted. Almost like hitting an old persimmon head, particularly when mishit. But that boils down to personal preference, and has no influence on performance. 

Would highly recommend for anyone in need of a smaller profile, non-hooking, ninja hybrid that packs a wallop. 

• Like 2

All I can say about this club is that I quit hybrids a few years back.  I could not find one that I did not hook off the face of the earth, regardless of shaft, face angle manipulation, etc.  A local pro told me to try this one, as my driving-iron replacements were too one dimensional, and am I ever glad I did.  Paired my 22* head with a Speeder Motore Tour Spec HB, turned it down to 21*, and it has done everything I could possibly ask of it.  I'll hit it off the tee, fairway, rough, you name it.  I can hit a tight draw with it, or a shove-fade (ala Tom Lehman).  Misses have stayed on the planet, too.  Can't say enough good things about it.

• Like 2

Srixon Zx5 MKII 9.5* Lin-Q Gunmetal 6

Callaway Paradym HL (set to 15.5*) Speeder Evolution V 661

Tour Edge Exotics E722 18* Ventus Blue 6

Cobra King Tec 4 Utility MMT 80
PXG 0311P Gen2 5-PW MMT 80

Ping Glide 4.0 50* SS, 54* WS KBS Tour
Callaway MD PM Grind Raw 58* KBS Tour
Toulon Garage Le Mans 
Titleist AVX/ProVI

i'm wearin a hole in the face of my SiM max from last generation -- i'm due for a replacement. i might just pick up a SiM2 (non-Max)...these feel incredible in store/fitting bays

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

• 3 weeks later...

Got a Sim Rescue to replace my trusty M3 19 degree. Loved the look, shape and design. Have played the old Adams Pro hybrids and like the smaller heads. Swapped over my AD DI 85s from the M3 and put it in the Sim. Am absolutely hating it! Feels much heavier than the M3 (Sim head weighs in at a hair under 5g heavier). I can usually adapt to new clubs within 1 or 2 rounds but I've played about 5 with this and had a few range sessions, I just don't think it's for me. Strike much more inconsistent and flight not what I like at all. I was convinced this was going to be an absolute winner. Anyone with similar experiences?

Contemplating this to replace my trusty Rescue 11 hybrid that I've had in the bag for almost 10 years now. Looks very similar! I've always been a fan of the Adams hybrid look and this one checks a lot of boxes. 

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke TD 8 degree w/ Ventus TR 6X
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Modus 105X
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zip Core 52, 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Makefield
Ball: 2024 Chrome Tour X

I had one but it was too one dimensional in that it was primarily a tee shot only club at 19 degrees. Anything off the turf was a little hit or miss and never achieved a peak height or landing angle that was useful for 2nd shots into a green. 

My SS with it hovered around 96MPH but I would consistently get peak height around 70-80 ft with landing angles of 40-42* where as I was looking for something that got me closer to the 95-105ft peak height and a 45-48* landing angle. 

Edited by zrheisler22

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone added weight to the the rescue (not the max)? I built mine at 39.5” with a ventus black 10 and a midsize grip and even with a 9g weight in the sole it’s C9/D0. 

I picked up a heavier weight for the sole That was 14g but it was too long and didn’t screw all the way down. 

I assume I could get it melted… anyone have any experience with one that has hotmelt?

Some of the materials on these are a little cheap and plastic. But when I tested them I got very nice results. The look is excellent and the feel was OK -- a little of that dull plastic quality -- but still solid. I defaulted back to my fairway woods but if I were more of a hybrid player, this is the type I would go for.

Titleist TSR3 08.00 – Ventus Red 065x

Titleist TSR2 14.50 – Tour AD DI 075x

Titleist TSR2 18.00 – Tour AD DI 085x

Titleist TSR2 21.00 – Tour AD DI 095x

Titleist TSR2 24.00 – Tour AD DI 105x

Titleist T100 6i 7i 8i 9i – Tour X100

Titleist SM09 46 50 54 60 – Tour S400

Titleist Pro V1 56 – White Hot OG5 CS

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, TheSphynx said:

Does anyone know what the sleeve weighs for these, without the screw in it?

Where did you get your weight from?

Also, so the 9g weight worked but the 14g was too long...do you know what the stock weight was? I also need to add some weight but i have no idea which weight to buy. I shortened my shaft and now i need to add 1-2 sw points

Edited by wedgemaster69

1 hour ago, wedgemaster69 said:

Where did you get your weight from?

Also, so the 9g weight worked but the 14g was too long...do you know what the stock weight was? I also need to add some weight but i have no idea which weight to buy. I shortened my shaft and now i need to add 1-2 sw points

Got mine from billy bob (billy bob’s?) golf. The same weight that fits sim/sim2 fairways fits the rescue and sim udi/dhy. 

i ordered my 14g from Amazon. It was some cheap a** Chinese build but shockingly it was spot on 14g. It was just that the crown isn’t tall enough on the sim2 rescue for the weight to screw all the way down.  

stock weight in mine… which was a bone stock, off the rack build, was a 3 gram in the 3/19.5 rescue. 

I have gamed mine all summer.  I have it with a Velocore Ventus Blue in it.  Hits lovely baby draws.  I cut it down 1/2" an it woke the club up a ton for me.  It's not leaving the bag anytime soon.  Reminds me of my old Adams Idea Pro's from way back in the day.  I currently have it set to square in the shortened set up, but had it set up a bit open when it was stock length.  

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

I have been playing a 19.5* SIM2 for the last few months and it has been the biggest surprise addition.  I have never been a huge hybrid fan but was looking for something to launch a little higher than my driving iron.  I put a Ventus Black 10TX and it checks all the boxes I was hoping for.  It will not be leaving my bag anytime soon!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS- Ventus Red TR 7X

TaylorMade BRNR Mini Driver- GD DI 8TX

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 5W- Ventus Red 9TX

TaylorMade P770 3i MMT 125TX

TaylorMade P7MB- 4-PW MMT 125TX

TaylorMade MG4 54/60- MMT 125 TX

Phantom X 7.5/9.5

3 hours ago, TheSphynx said:

Got mine from billy bob (billy bob’s?) golf. The same weight that fits sim/sim2 fairways fits the rescue and sim udi/dhy. 

i ordered my 14g from Amazon. It was some cheap a** Chinese build but shockingly it was spot on 14g. It was just that the crown isn’t tall enough on the sim2 rescue for the weight to screw all the way down.  

stock weight in mine… which was a bone stock, off the rack build, was a 3 gram in the 3/19.5 rescue. 

Good to know. Thanks so much for the information Sphynx!

• 2 months later...

What’s the consensus on turf interaction with these ?  As in off the deck , do they glide over everything like ping g400-410-425 or is it more like a driving iron where you don’t alwasy want to hit it if it’s not a great lie?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 10/28/2021 at 7:34 AM, zrheisler22 said:

I had one but it was too one dimensional in that it was primarily a tee shot only club at 19 degrees. Anything off the turf was a little hit or miss and never achieved a peak height or landing angle that was useful for 2nd shots into a green. 

My SS with it hovered around 96MPH but I would consistently get peak height around 70-80 ft with landing angles of 40-42* where as I was looking for something that got me closer to the 95-105ft peak height and a 45-48* landing angle. 

Interesting ……. I’m seeing same thing.  

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock