2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Callaway Apex TCB - U.S. Release???

uscgolfguy

39 minutes ago, uscgolfguy said:

HA!!!  I can not confirm nor deny that I may or may not have requested a backup set in anticipation of supply/demand constraints...DG X100 Tour Issue - soft stepped...

I am only retaining one set, but happy that I had a trial run with $ Taper to remind me and everyone that sometimes what works in theory may not be applicable in execution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just for sh*ts and grins, I submitted a question to the Callaway.com website asking when the TCB's will be available to local pros in the US to sell.  This was there response:

In response to your inquiry, at this time Callaway has no information regarding the possibility of offering a set of Apex TCB irons through our authorized US retailers. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Granted they are available in the US through custom shops, but it seems to be a dis-service to all the local pros that most golfers want to support.  Should they be denied the opportunity to sell these clubs?

Maybe if everyone on Golfwrx interested in seeing/trying/buying these clubs sent questions to the Callaway site or complained on their twitter or instagram accounts, we might be able to impact Callaway's position.  Would it be worthwhile to try doing something like this?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stevehj said:

Just for sh*ts and grins, I submitted a question to the Callaway.com website asking when the TCB's will be available to local pros in the US to sell.  This was there response:

In response to your inquiry, at this time Callaway has no information regarding the possibility of offering a set of Apex TCB irons through our authorized US retailers. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Granted they are available in the US through custom shops, but it seems to be a dis-service to all the local pros that most golfers want to support.  Should they be denied the opportunity to sell these clubs?

Maybe if everyone on Golfwrx interested in seeing/trying/buying these clubs sent questions to the Callaway site or complained on their twitter or instagram accounts, we might be able to impact Callaway's position.  Would it be worthwhile to try doing something like this?

Has your pro contacted his Callaway rep? I’ve seen pics on social of people hitting tcb irons during Callaway demo events. Assuming the course would be able to take an order for them. 

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

41 minutes ago, brad1978golf said:

They are super solid. Great forged, soft feel. That’s from the first bucket and we will see how they behave at the course tomorrow. 

image.jpg

I honestly need to get my hands checked. Maybe it's the shafts but they feel completely dead compared to my OG x-forged...

May have to throw a different shaft in to try and see.

D | Stealth+ - 9* - Ventus TR Black - 7 (X)
3 | Rogue ST LS - 15* - Ventus Blue - 7 (X)

U | Srixon ZX - 18* - Modus 3 Hybrid (X)
I  | Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW - Nippon Tour Proto (X)
W| Vokey SM8 - 50F/54M/58T - TT DG TI (S400)
P | Your guess is as good as mine!

40 minutes ago, stevehj said:

Not sure I understand the rational of Callaway...golf and ALL outdoor activities are booming during current events.

Fairway Golf USA in San Diego is a RETAIL store and they sell them on their website as a custom order, which I’m assuming gets processed by Callaway Golf and assembled in Mexico with the rest of their clubs that go through their online order system.

I would agree...Callaway and other manufacturers need to stop playing marketing games and just sell the product they have to whomever is a willing and able buyer, whatever you call it...just sell it!!!

Edited by uscgolfguy
  • Like 4

Just now, uscgolfguy said:

What shaft are you currently trying/playing/using?

I have the PX LS 6.5 in the TCB's. I've gamed the original rifle Project X satins in 6.5 since they first came out however long ago. I had hoped the LS would be similar and I love the flights but something just feels off.

Very different than the one I demo'd with the same spec before ordering.

Maybe I'm just not hitting it remotely near the center but they freaking perform which is the frustrating part!

D | Stealth+ - 9* - Ventus TR Black - 7 (X)
3 | Rogue ST LS - 15* - Ventus Blue - 7 (X)

U | Srixon ZX - 18* - Modus 3 Hybrid (X)
I  | Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW - Nippon Tour Proto (X)
W| Vokey SM8 - 50F/54M/58T - TT DG TI (S400)
P | Your guess is as good as mine!

29 minutes ago, hooperpsu said:

I honestly need to get my hands checked. Maybe it's the shafts but they feel completely dead compared to my OG x-forged...

May have to throw a different shaft in to try and see.

I have had kbs ctaper S+ in the last three sets of irons. The ti x100s in my TCB’s are awesome so far. Little higher launching (for me) but very flat trajectory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevehj said:

I ordered through my pro. He had to confirm via our local rep rather than just placing the order in the system as normal, but overall it was pretty simple. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎 9* @8, Diamana BF 60
Titleist TS3 15*, EvenFlow White T1100 75
Titleist TS2 HY 19* @18, EvenFlow White 90
Titleist 716 T-MB 3i PX 
Titleist T100 '21 4-9 PX
Vokey SM8 Jet Black 46.10, 50.08 @51
Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack 57*
Bettinardi BB-8W

Chrome Soft X LS

Going back and forth between the TCB and TaylorMade P7MC. Did anyone compare these two to each other?

Have only tried TCB with the stock PX LS and is not a big fan. 

Like that the Callaway is much more generous in their shaft/grip selection then TaylorMade. 

Will place an order for one of these two. Will order them with PX LZ 6.5, +0,5".

Like to hear your thoughts on comparing these two sets. 

Edited by captainmaui
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, captainmaui said:

Going back and forth between the TCB and TaylorMade P7MC. Did anyone compare these two to each other?

Like that the Callaway is much more generous in their shaft/grip selection then TaylorMade. 

Will place an order for one of these two. Will order them with PX LZ 6.5, +0,5".

The TCB’s are super solid. The compact blade length is one of the best things. I have yet to hit the MC’s so can’t really comment on that one. Let me know how it all turns out. 

Does anyone know if there is anywhere I can order just a 7i and 8i?  I really want to try these in the middle of the set to combo between my '18MBs and '19 Apex Pro's...

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

22 hours ago, uscgolfguy said:

Not sure I understand the rational of Callaway...golf and ALL outdoor activities are booming during current events.

Fairway Golf USA in San Diego is a RETAIL store and they sell them on their website as a custom order, which I’m assuming gets processed by Callaway Golf and assembled in Mexico with the rest of their clubs that go through their online order system.

I would agree...Callaway and other manufacturers need to stop playing marketing games and just sell the product they have to whomever is a willing and able buyer, whatever you call it...just sell it!!!

Anyone with a Callaway account can contact their rep to request to order a set. There are a limited amount but if you are ordering 3-P or 4-P, the account would most likely be allowed to order. 

I’ve got one lesson and one round in with mine so far. They are exactly what I was looking for. Moving from the ‘18 Apex MB raw I wanted a little more forgiveness but similar profile at address and same launch conditions.  These are hitting the same window for me and might even be spinning a little more than my MB’s were, and most importantly (to me) you can work the trajectory with them.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 10 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Fuji 9.2TS X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

27 minutes ago, hef63303 said:

Anyone with a Callaway account can contact their rep to request to order a set. There are a limited amount but if you are ordering 3-P or 4-P, the account would most likely be allowed to order. 

Why the secrecy and you have to know someone or get approval???  Just SELL the FRICKIN CLUBS...here is my $$$ take it in exchange for your goods.  Doesn't need to be complicated!!!

Clearly we have found ways, but why give people the run-around...it's NOT NECESSARY!!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, uscgolfguy said:

Why the secrecy and you have to know someone or get approval???  Just SELL the FRICKIN CLUBS...here is my $$$ take it in exchange for your goods.  Doesn't need to be complicated!!!

Clearly we have found ways, but why give people the run-around...it's NOT NECESSARY!!!

What that means is any Big Box store (Roger Dunn, Edwin Watts, golf galaxy, dicks etc) can place an order for you through their Callaway account. You don’t have to know the rep personally, just have to get yourself to a shop with an account. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cmatthews77 said:

Does anyone know if there is anywhere I can order just a 7i and 8i?  I really want to try these in the middle of the set to combo between my '18MBs and '19 Apex Pro's...

I have an 8 iron new in plastic that I won’t use. I also have 2 more irons coming that I’ve been waiting on. I think a 6 and 7 iron but I won’t know until they arrive. PM me if you’re interested. 

I ordered 2 sets from Scottsdale. I broke up the second set to save on the import fees and half the order was canceled. Now I’m only getting 3 of the 6 irons. They have been out of stock since so I moved on to something else. 

On 5/6/2021 at 2:01 AM, captainmaui said:

I’m curious as well. Hit the P7MC a few times and love the shape, sound, and feel. I have not hit TCB yet. 

Paradym 3D 10.5 - Ventus Blue TR 6x

Paradym 3D 15 - Hzrdus Smoke Red RDX 70 6.5

Paradym 3D 18 - Hzrdus Smoke Red RDX 70 6.5

TCB Gen 1 4-PW - KBS C-Taper S+

SM9 50F, 54S, 58V  - KBS C-Taper S+

Ai-ONE Jailbird Mini CH

Golf Pride MCC Blue

2022 Bridgestone Tour B X

After reading through this, I still don't quite understand if these are more or less forgiving than the new Forged CB?  I have the Forged CB but wouldn't be opposed to swapping the 5 and 6 to make a combo set if these are slightly more forgiving/higher launch.  

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

17 minutes ago, ga_pike said:

After reading through this, I still don't quite understand if these are more or less forgiving than the new Forged CB?  I have the Forged CB but wouldn't be opposed to swapping the 5 and 6 to make a combo set if these are slightly more forgiving/higher launch.  

Less forgiving. Smaller blade size and more of a players cavity back. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, reamr87 said:

I’m curious as well. Hit the P7MC a few times and love the shape, sound, and feel. I have not hit TCB yet. 

I've hit the both but only in 7 irons and not with the same shaft. 

TCB is a little smaller, more rounded in profile and a tiny bit more offset. 

Very similar in feel. Even though I like the P7MC less offset I prefer the shorter blade length in TCB. 

I also like that Callaway is more generous in their shafts and grip selection. Ordered the TCB 4-pw with Project X LZ 6.5 (free with TCB and upcharged with the P7MC). 

Looking forward to this, my first set of Callaways ever. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, captainmaui said:

I've hit the both but only in 7 irons and not with the same shaft. 

TCB is a little smaller, more rounded in profile and a tiny bit more offset. 

Very similar in feel. Even though I like the P7MC less offset I prefer the shorter blade length in TCB. 

I also like that Callaway is more generous in their shafts and grip selection. Ordered the TCB 4-pw with Project X LZ 6.5 (free with TCB and upcharged with the P7MC). 

Looking forward to this, my first set of Callaways ever. 

Thanks for the input on each. From the pictures I've seen it does look like the TCB are a little more rounded, which I personally tend to like straighter and squatter looking irons and would likely go P7MC. Also, less offset on the 7MC helps if I want to bend them a degree strong. 

Paradym 3D 10.5 - Ventus Blue TR 6x

Paradym 3D 15 - Hzrdus Smoke Red RDX 70 6.5

Paradym 3D 18 - Hzrdus Smoke Red RDX 70 6.5

TCB Gen 1 4-PW - KBS C-Taper S+

SM9 50F, 54S, 58V  - KBS C-Taper S+

Ai-ONE Jailbird Mini CH

Golf Pride MCC Blue

2022 Bridgestone Tour B X

4 minutes ago, reamr87 said:

Thanks for the input on each. From the pictures I've seen it does look like the TCB are a little more rounded, which I personally tend to like straighter and squatter looking irons and would likely go P7MC. Also, less offset on the 7MC helps if I want to bend them a degree strong. 

I personally like the straighter and sharper as well and with less offset. Plays Muira MB-001 but for some reason I preferred the look of the TCB. It's a sweet looking club and very short and tight in the blade length, don't like when the blade tends to be to long. 

Hard to explain... 

Can't go wrong with any of these baby's. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, reamr87 said:

If you like the squarer look, I think you will be very happy with the P7MC. I really do not like the squareness of TM irons, and the smaller, rounder TCB head really appealed to me and frames the ball well for my eye. 

I'm not sure I agree on the more offset point re: TCB. There is almost none in the short irons, and to me there is not much appearance of offset in the set. Both sets are pretty close, though, and the way offset looks is such a personal thing, anyway.

Edit: Decided to look at the actual specs vs. my opinion on offset. We're talking really small increments here, but TCB have slightly less offset in short irons and slightly more in long irons than P7MC

Edited by eagle2838
  • Like 4

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎 9* @8, Diamana BF 60
Titleist TS3 15*, EvenFlow White T1100 75
Titleist TS2 HY 19* @18, EvenFlow White 90
Titleist 716 T-MB 3i PX 
Titleist T100 '21 4-9 PX
Vokey SM8 Jet Black 46.10, 50.08 @51
Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack 57*
Bettinardi BB-8W

Chrome Soft X LS

On 5/6/2021 at 8:15 PM, uscgolfguy said:

It is not necessary. Go place your order with an account that wants to place the order. Haven't seen anyone turned down yet that was ordering a full set. The only restriction is that you have the order 3 thru or 4 thru. No partial sets.