2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2021 US Women's Open, June 3-6

18majors

FINALLY! Live coverage on GC just started top of the hour! The coverage of this tourney sucks! With as many sports channels on cable and the ability for online coverage this is the best we can do? I love the Champions Tour but the USWO should take priority. This is my favorite ladies tourneys yet we struggle to get live coverage. And don't talk about the lame online featured groups. The LPGA/USGA need to step up their game! Give these ladies the coverage they deserve in the major tournaments. PLEASE! 

• Like 2

How many players that are in the field, and are scheduled to play next week at the MediHeal, are going to arrive at SFO, and switch planes to Maui to spend a week regrouping? Lol. Tough week. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

8 minutes ago, DanoCanuck said:

FINALLY! Live coverage on GC just started top of the hour! The coverage of this tourney sucks! With as many sports channels on cable and the ability for online coverage this is the best we can do? I love the Champions Tour but the USWO should take priority. This is my favorite ladies tourneys yet we struggle to get live coverage. And don't talk about the lame online featured groups. The LPGA/USGA need to step up their game! Give these ladies the coverage they deserve in the major tournaments. PLEASE! 

@DanoCanuckHave you tried the fabulous “US Women’s Open” Live Streaming App? (Featured Groups)

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/championships/2021/u-s--womens-open.html#!latest

App= available for iPhone AppStore & GooglePlay. 

FE19A77C-115E-4110-9198-2F396F7E3C9E.jpeg

14 minutes ago, DanoCanuck said:

No kidding. We got 6 hours of live coverage on Thursday and Friday at the ANA. 

• Like 2

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

1 minute ago, JungleJimbo said:

@DanoCanuckHave you tried the fabulous “US Women’s Open” Live Streaming App? (Featured Groups)

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/championships/2021/u-s--womens-open.html#!latest

App= available for iPhone AppStore & GooglePlay. 

FE19A77C-115E-4110-9198-2F396F7E3C9E.jpeg

Yes but it's limited to only one featured group unless I'm missing something.  There should be multiple featured groups as well as groups of featured holes like 5,6,7 and 12,13,14 (for example). The media has the ability to cover these groups and holes. Make it happen! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DanoCanuck said:

Yes but it's limited to only one featured group unless I'm missing something.  There should be multiple featured groups as well as groups of featured holes like 5,6,7 and 12,13,14 (for example). The media has the ability to cover these groups and holes. Make it happen! 

You’re right, the App= a Featured Group for morning, and another for Afternoon

Yuka with the hot putter. 

Danielle is creeping up. 

• Like 1

Tough break for Jin Young having to take an unplayable in the bunker after plugging her approach in the steep face. Double bogie knocks her off the front page of the leaderboard. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 18majors said:

I's not a Brooke Henderson fan earlier in her career, but she won over me over the years.  She could certainly be the "Tiger" of LPGA if she ramps her winning speed by a factor of two in regular tournaments and a factor of three in majors.

This would be quite a rate of change!  The standard we are talking about (not even Tiger but being noticeably above the rest of the LPGA for a couple of seasons) is what makes the all-time legends vs. the all-time greats.  It's easy to criticize but Brooke and Lexi seem to have decided to just ride what they are good at (fully swing with longer clubs) and let that take them as far as it will go.  Very rarely can you be among the best at every aspect of a game (i.e. Tiger at his peak) but it seems like the superstars in many sports often improve their weaknesses so they are at least average or don't have a glaring deficiency.  Will see where the both end up (Lexi is in it this week) when it is all said and done.  All it takes is a little luck or the game clicking a few special weeks and their careers will be judged quite differently.

If I had to guess, I think Nelly will end up looking more like these two (at least in their current state) than another step up.  For better or worse, I think they are all "held back" but lots of money, a nice lifestyle, and the "above god celebrity status" the West affords its athletes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 18majors said:

The tee time for final group starts at 5:35 PM EDT tomorrow, but NBC broadcast ends 5;00 PM. The final five groups will be robbed of NBC network exposure.

But they will still be on GC until at least 10pm EST. Full network finish on Sunday.

Network NBC has the Belmont Stakes horse racing and the NHL playoffs late Saturday afternoon and evening which will have larger audiences than the Women's US Open and therefore make more money for Comcast/NBC than women's golf. The truth hurts and prior television contacts take precedence.

Not sure why people to this day are surprised about that. Women's golf on tv is a niche sport within another niche sport. LPGA golf ratings at their best aren't very good. It's been that way for some time outside of a cherry picked event here or there.

If Fox Sports still had the USGA tv contract there wouldn't be anything close to the shoulder programming that GC is providing for the event. <smh>

Edited by grm24

3 hours ago, agolf1 said:

This would be quite a rate of change!  The standard we are talking about (not even Tiger but being noticeably above the rest of the LPGA for a couple of seasons) is what makes the all-time legends vs. the all-time greats.  It's easy to criticize but Brooke and Lexi seem to have decided to just ride what they are good at (fully swing with longer clubs) and let that take them as far as it will go.  Very rarely can you be among the best at every aspect of a game (i.e. Tiger at his peak) but it seems like the superstars in many sports often improve their weaknesses so they are at least average or don't have a glaring deficiency.  Will see where the both end up (Lexi is in it this week) when it is all said and done.  All it takes is a little luck or the game clicking a few special weeks and their careers will be judged quite differently.

If I had to guess, I think Nelly will end up looking more like these two (at least in their current state) than another step up.  For better or worse, I think they are all "held back" but lots of money, a nice lifestyle, and the "above god celebrity status" the West affords its athletes.

They're both very young. Lexi is 26, Brooke 23. I think they've got plenty of time to sort out their games before anything can be said about either long term. They both have superstar written all over them and plenty of time to develop it. I love them both and always hope they're at the top of the board but they can both be erratic. The one thing I notice about many of the ladies is they tend to be more relaxed, smiling and joking around. They don't seem to concentrate as hard as the men during championship rounds. Everyone knows the game has a huge mental aspect. It seems ladies with a killer attitude is the exception, not the rule. 

• Like 1