2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping i525???

hammergolf

1 hour ago, hammergolf said:

Due to Ping’s pricing policy there are no discount allowed, but you may want to check with GG to make sure that’s correct.

I don’t know about that GG program but if it isn’t a discount on the clubs (rather points that you can use to future purchases) it might still work. 

Also get a quote from Discount Dans. Should be for normal price as everyone else but likely no tax so can effectively save you ~10% (depending on where you live). 

2 hours ago, hammergolf said:

Due to Ping’s pricing policy there are no discount allowed, but you may want to check with GG to make sure that’s correct.

I think GG will give you points toward a future purchase when you purchase Pings, but you aren’t going to be able to use GG rewards or any sort of discount on the actual purchase of Ping clubs.  Same thing for Titleist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluedot said:

I think GG will give you points toward a future purchase when you purchase Pings, but you aren’t going to be able to use GG rewards or any sort of discount on the actual purchase of Ping clubs.  Same thing for Titleist.

Correct. It is not a discount. They are reward points through DSG/GG that give you a credit towards a future purchase. 

I was able to hit the i525 7 iron today indoors. It really looks great and is an improvement over the i500. It's still a bit clicky and doesn't feel great but a definite improvement. The golf galaxy guy kept trying to correct me when I mentioned the i500. He said three times it's replacing the i510 🤦‍♂️

Edited by tigercolt77
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Titleist TSR3 Tensei 1k white
Callaway GBB Denali black 

Callaway UW Denali blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58m PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

Considering ordering these from TGW, but will not get the Arccos grips.  It does not even look like TGW  is offering them.  I am assuming if I order them with standard grips and I want standard length I do not need to do anything special.  I am mentioning this as I know people have run into issues when they replaced the Arccos grips and then discovered the shafts were 1/4 short.

36 minutes ago, Kball10 said:

Considering ordering these from TGW, but will not get the Arccos grips.  It does not even look like TGW  is offering them.  I am assuming if I order them with standard grips and I want standard length I do not need to do anything special.  I am mentioning this as I know people have run into issues when they replaced the Arccos grips and then discovered the shafts were 1/4 short.

I’ll tell you I reached out to TGW, and they told me any custom orders would ship 6 weeks from the launch date of 3/24. I’ve reached out directly to Ping because that sounded crazy. I’ll update this thread when I hear from them. 

So I hit these the other day and thought they were pretty good, a definite improvement over the i500. The demo head/shaft combo (DG120) was at C9, I created a little more club head speed (85 mph 7 iron) and pulled/hooked everything.

I went back today, lead taped it to D1+ and dispersion was 100x better but lost about 10 yards of carry. Speed was the same. So that puts these at not much of an improvement for me.

Feel is great, sound is clicky.

19 minutes ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

So I hit these the other day and thought they were pretty good, a definite improvement over the i500. The demo head/shaft combo (DG120) was at C9, I created a little more club head speed (85 mph 7 iron) and pulled/hooked everything.

I went back today, lead taped it to D1+ and dispersion was 100x better but lost about 10 yards of carry. Speed was the same. So that puts these at not much of an improvement for me.

Feel is great, sound is clicky.

That lead cost you 10 yards?

• Confused 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Finally got to hit them today… loved it. 

Fitting cart head, green dot, PX IO 6.0

The first thing I noticed was that there wasn’t crazy offset.  As a fader of the golf ball, I don’t like offset. The club head framed the ball well. 

Loved the combo with the IO, but interested to see what the numbers say.  I was thinking of doing 4-7 i525 and then 8-PW to in the i59, but I don’t know how they’ll mesh.

… and then there’s this rumor of an iCrossover…and the potential i210 replacement. I wish they would release all their clubs at once… or maybe they did?

• Like 1

Ping G430 10K w/ Black Tour 2.0 65X, 75X, or GDBB 6X

Ping G425 LST 3W Atmos Black 7X

Ping iCrossover 2 Atmos Black 9X or G425 5W GDBB8X/Atmos Black 8X or G425 2H Atmos Black HB 9X 

Ping iCrossover 3 (20º) AMT White S300 or ZZ65 or Atmos Black 9X

Ping i230 4-6 green dot, Blueprint S 7, Blueprint T 8, 9  AMT White S300

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 46ºSS, 50º SS, 54º ES, 58º ES TI S400

Putter - depends on the phase of the moon

Caddy - Snacks the Wheaten

7 minutes ago, jdubya13 said:

Finally got to hit them today… loved it. 

Fitting cart head, green dot, PX IO 6.0

The first thing I noticed was that there wasn’t crazy offset.  As a fader of the golf ball, I don’t like offset. The club head framed the ball well. 

Loved the combo with the IO, but interested to see what the numbers say.  I was thinking of doing 4-7 i525 and then 8-PW to in the i59, but I don’t know how they’ll mesh.

… and then there’s this rumor of an iCrossover…and the potential i210 replacement. I wish they would release all their clubs at once… or maybe they did?

I’ve already ordered i525, but if the i210 replacement has the looks of i59 and i525 but with the feel of i210 I’ll be getting a set of those no doubt.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

5 hours ago, Lefty87 said:

Golf Galaxy said custom orders will still ship on 3/24. I spoke to a third different contact at TGW and she also said the order would ship 6 weeks after 3/24. 

TGW’s staff is either lacking knowledge or they are low on the totem pole at PING. 

Hhhhhmmmm - what TGW is saying makes no sense.  I certainly do not want to wait 6 weeks after 3/24.  I have a credit there and wanted to take advantage of their 90 day playability….. Might need to rethink.  I just hit the Callaway Rogue ST PRO for the first time today, not a bad club.  I like the head of the i525 better.

5 minutes ago, Kball10 said:

Hhhhhmmmm - what TGW is saying makes no sense.  I certainly do not want to wait 6 weeks after 3/24.  I have a credit there and wanted to take advantage of their 90 day playability….. Might need to rethink.  I just hit the Callaway Rogue ST PRO for the first time today, not a bad club.  I like the head of the i525 better.

I’m seriously wondering if their customer service reps are just uninformed. I don’t know…but what Golf Galaxy told me was completely different. 

4 hours ago, Lefty87 said:

I don’t know much about how different specs affect swingweight, but I plan to go + .25 long with all other standard specs. Probably 4 wraps under the grip. Is that enough to go D0 to D1? 

What grip do you use? Ping should be able to get close with the tungsten weights, but it may be better option to go with the yellow or orange Tour wrap 360 grip without the added tape. 

8 hours ago, hammergolf said:

What grip do you use? Ping should be able to get close with the tungsten weights, but it may be better option to go with the yellow or orange Tour wrap 360 grip without the added tape. 

I’ve been using a midsize grip, Lamkin Z5 or Tour Velvet midsize, but I’m not opposed to going back to standard with a a few wraps. 

Edited by Lefty87

17 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

That lead cost you 10 yards?

I’m just sharing my experiences to help fellow golfers. 

I kept the shaft and balls the same and just made it heavier. I went from 165 carry to 156 carry with the chrome soft x and 159 carry with the Snell Black. 

it was just interesting to note how things change as you change one aspect. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lefty87 said:

I’ve been using a midsize grip, Lamkin Z5 or Tour Velvet midsize, but I’m not opposed to going back to standard with a a few wraps. 

You may want to give the Ping Tour Velvet 360 orange. No doubt Ping could hit your SW target with those.

• Thanks 1

I spoke to Ping (Canada) yesterday. They said preorders should ship end of March. Changes to loft, lie, swing weight , grips won’t effect the ship date. Exotic shafts or grip requests they don’t have in stock would delay ship date. I didn’t ask for details on which shafts or grips are exotic or might  cause delay. So many good options out there. After my fitting I’m stuck between the Apex Pro, mizuno 225 and i525. 225 felt the best, but i525 was most consistent. Project x IO was the best shaft for me. 

• Like 2

On 2/13/2022 at 6:11 PM, Lefty87 said:

I don’t know much about how different specs affect swingweight, but I plan to go + .25 long with all other standard specs. Probably 4 wraps under the grip. Is that enough to go D0 to D1? 

I ordered mine with DG120x's at standard length at D4 and my rep. said it wouldn't be a problem.

Ping rep was at our club today.  Hit the i525's with SteelFiber i95 / Project X IO / Recoil on TrackMan side-by-side with my current PXG SF i95's.  I was very impressed.  Had previously hit the i500 and wasn't expecting much.  Ball speed was a good 4 to 5 mph over my PXG's.  I was looking for something with a higher launch / decent angle and some more spin (i am low launch low spin), not necessarily more distance - I got all three.  Dispersion was very acceptable.  Not going to pull the trigger on anything until we are outside.  These are absolutely on my short list.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, prouse25 said:

Ping rep was at our club today.  Hit the i525's with SteelFiber i95 / Project X IO / Recoil on TrackMan side-by-side with my current PXG SF i95's.  I was very impressed.  Had previously hit the i500 and wasn't expecting much.  Ball speed was a good 4 to 5 mph over my PXG's.  I was looking for something with a higher launch / decent angle and some more spin (i am low launch low spin), not necessarily more distance - I got all three.  Dispersion was very acceptable.  Not going to pull the trigger on anything until we are outside.  These are absolutely on my short list.  

Which PXG model do you have? I’ve already ordered i525s and am excited to test them vs my 0311 Gen3 XP. I’m with you, I want more launch, more spin, and higher decent angle. It’s much easier for me to adjust and hit a lower shot and take spin off than to try and hit it higher. If I can pick up speed as well that would be an added bonus.

Edited by hammergolf

4 hours ago, hammergolf said:

Which PXG model do you have? I’ve already ordered i525s and am excited to test them vs my 0311 Gen3 XP. I’m with you, I want more launch, more spin, and higher decent angle. It’s much easier for me to adjust and hit a lower shot and take spin off than to try and hit it higher. If I can pick up speed as well that would be an added bonus.

I have a very early version of the PXG’s. Mine are pre-gen 1’s. They are somewhere between a current T and P - closer to a P.  

I wasn’t even going to go to the session but they had an hour of unreserved time. Had hit the i500’s a lot last year or the year before - can’t remember.  They were okay but not as good as my PXG’s. The i525’s are a big improvement. My average ball speed with the PXG’s is around 115 to 118. Average with the i525’s was closer to the low 120’s. Maxed out at 129. Carry distances were averaging around 182 - 10 yards longer than the PXG’s. Decent angle went from 45 degrees to 49 or 50 degrees. 

the new PXG gen 4’s did have better spin and decent rates than my current irons. I am going to go to a boutique fitter that has a crazy array of heads and shafts - more than the big boys. These have absolutely made my list.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hammergolf said:

I’m playing the Gen 3 P’s with the Elevate 95 stiff. I hit the i525 yesterday at Golf Galaxy. I have a very short backswing and don’t generate much speed. Swing speed with a 7i is around 75. I had the Project X io in 6.0, which was too stout for me. I also play .5 long and the shaft was standard length, which definitely affected my swing. After I adjusted to it, I was hitting some nice shots. I’m a lefty and I was pulling everything right, but I’m looking forward to hitting these in the 5.5. 

Edit: I’m a low spin player with a shallow swing. 

Edited by Lefty87
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lefty87 said:

I’m playing the Gen 3 P’s with the Elevate 95 stiff. I hit the i525 yesterday at Golf Galaxy. I have a very short backswing and don’t generate much speed. Swing speed with a 7i is around 75. I had the Project X io in 6.0, which was too stout for me. I also play .5 long and the shaft was standard length, which definitely affected my swing. After I adjusted to it, I was hitting some nice shots. I’m a lefty and I was pulling everything right, but I’m looking forward to hitting these in the 5.5. 

Edit: I’m a low spin player with a shallow swing. 

As soon as my i525 irons arrive I’ll be doing some testing with them and my 0311 Gen3 XP irons. My XPs are 2* weak so lofts will be almost the same. Really have nothing bad at all to say about my XPs, love everything about them. But I was a Ping guy for over 2 decades and if I can get some more speed and launch from the i525s great. If not I’m very happy with what I have.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 4:15 PM, hammergolf said:

I have an original pre-gen 1 set of PXG's.  They are somewhere between a P and a T - closer to a P.  

• Like 1

I have had the i500 for the past three plus years, and went and tried the i525 yesterday.

Upon seeing it in person, I noticed the slight difference in heel to toe length and liked it. The sole is a bit different too, but did is not noticeable when standing over the ball. Getting them outside on the range the extra grooves were noticeable, but just the first few times I put them behind the ball, then no notice of it all.

The feel and sound of them were very pleasing; despite many people's beef with the feel and sound of the i500 it was never that big of a deal to me. Beyond the sound and feel, I think the new heel to to length and top line are what I liked the most. 

I was hitting the i525 7 iron 10 yards further than my i500, and that was into a pretty brisk wind. I tried out the KBS IO and liked it, but the Nippon Modus 105 gave me a better ball flight and some more yards than the KBS. I mishit some, and was impressed how little distance I lost from these, definitely and improvement from my i500. I also flighted a few into the wind, and was able to with no problem. 

Put my preorder in for 4iron through gap wedge and can't wait to get them. If you're on the fence or waiting on the i210 replacement, I'd go give them a try. 

I also put in a preorder for a Glide 4.0 54 and 60 degree to replace my Stealth 2.0 wedges. I was hitting the 3.0 yesterday but hearing the improvements of the 4.0, I put the order in. 

On another note, my friend ordered some 425 irons in late January; he expected them in Mid-March, and he got them Friday, and month ahead of expected. In talking to my fitter yesterday who has been Ping club fitter of the year for Canada in the past, he said that Ping is very aware that they have to repair the damage done by long waits for orders, so are being very careful about taking orders they are concerned about filling in a reasonable time, so that is great news for the Ping fans out there. 

Edited by gogolfing
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ping G425 Max 10.5 ˚ Driver. Rogue White shaft-stiff
Ping G425 Max 14.5˚ 3 Wood Rogue White shaft-stiff
Ping G425 18˚ Hybrid Rogue Black Stiff Shaft
Ping i525 irons 4-GW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 3 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Glide 4.0 Wedges 54˚ 60˚
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34"

Looking for a new iron set this year and I love how these looks but I am very scared of pre ordering these due to the lead times from ping especially since I got fit into KBS Tour shafts which many companies are struggling to get. Has anyone heard from Ping if these are pre ordered will they ship right around the release date? or will they be delayed out the gate?