Post up your findings please! 

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

I play both the 3 and 5. Both perform exactly as discussed in the links below. They  sound and feel great, and they are ideal for my game.  

However, I wouldn’t buy them blind. Compared to competing brands I find the woods to both launch and spin higher. Also, the heads have a deep face, have a flat lie angle, and naturally sit .5* open. Basically, they are different from 99% of woods out there. 

Edited by Cactus Jack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

I play both the 3 and 5. Both perform exactly as discussed in the links below. They  sound and feel great, and they are ideal for my game.  

However, I wouldn’t buy them blind. Compared to competing brands I find the woods to both launch and spin higher. Also, the heads have a deep face, have a flat lie angle, and naturally sit .5* open. Basically, they are different from 99% of woods out there. 

Flat and open is just what I need. 

mostly a tee club so the deep face is also good 

Edited by Kale_m
  • Like 3

Tri-hot double wide 

I have the 3 wood with Ventus Black 7X and it’s the best fairway I’ve ever owned

Driver: TaylorMade QI10 9 degree Ventus TR 6X
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Modus 105X
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zip Core 52, 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Makefield
Ball: 2024 Chrome Tour X

I play the 5wood lofted down with the stock Motore. It is such a good five wood. What I like is that it's easy to launch but has a deeper face than the Ping G425. I liked the Ping a lot (which was the other option I strongly considered), but the shallow face was a bit off putting to me from the tee. Always thought no matter how low I teed the Ping that I would pop it up. The Mizuno is just as easy to launch from the turf and is far more inviting to my eye on a tee.

It spins a bit more than other offerings, but I find that's probably why it's easy to launch. It never balloons on me though, just a nice mid to high flight. 

For context, I play to a 12 HDCP, driver swing speed is about 103. From the tee total distance is around 235-250 depending on the strike. I've hit a few longer ones but that's the rare occasion when everything happens like it should during the swing (which isn't that often)

Would really recommend it. I've loved it enough to really consider picking up the driver. At $399, I feel that could be the best deal out there, even leaving some room to upgrade shaft and still be in the ball park of other OEM's offerings in terms of price. 

• Like 2

never tried the driver, but the STz three wood is the best I've tried (even had a like-new backup I just sold because bought a second for no good reason) the stock Fuji shaft is great, but I've been switching between a Kuro Kage XT and GD Tour AD TP and love it. plays better for me then some of the monster, low spin fairways like the SiM Ti and SiM2...need the extra launch and little more spin. but for some reason, the Mizuno goes forever and don't lose distance compared to other higher spin 3 woods I've tried. I used to resort to lofting down a 5 wood or always playing 4 wood, but can use 15* in the ST-Z and still get plenty of launch, awesome forgiveness and bigger head shape (great off tee but still can hit it well off the deck) ...so fits gapping better now that I have a bomber 18* hybrid that hits as far as a 5 wood. One other thing I like is I usually like adjusting to a little flatter lie, but stock this was very flat compared to other brands (and face was slightly open) so been experimenting with lofting up a tick, playing in STD or UPRT lie...just to make it sit square and able to turn it over. Bottom line, I think this is the best fairway wood ever made (for me)

I played the 3 wood with Ventus Blue 6s this past weekend, and it was a weapon off the tee.  I really like the deep face for that purpose, and I appreciate the more neutral to open setup at 14*.  The feel is unbelievable too.

Vessel Players III Matte Grey Bag

Titleist TSR2 9° Driver (C1) | Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6s

TaylorMade BRNR 13.5° Mini Driver (-0.75°) | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

TaylorMade Qi10 5 Wood | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 4 Hybrid | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 8s

Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW Irons (1° Weak) | KBS Tour Black Pearl Stiff

Vokey SM9 Tour Chrome 54D, 60T Wedges | True Temper DG120 Onyx S200

TaylorMade Spider Tour X Proto Putter | KBS Black PVD 

Callaway Chrome Tour X Triple Track Ball

Tried the 5 wood out yesterday at Golf Galaxy along with a TM Sim 2 5 Wood. The Sim was going a lot straighter for me and was carry about 10 yards further and just felt more solid to me. However, after reading some of the reviews, perhaps the fact that the Mizuno has a flatter lie angle was part of the difference and I just wasn’t catching it as cleanly. 

I don’t know why I am so obsessed with the 3/5w spot in my bag. 

I don’t hit it that much. I hardly ever have a fairway wood into a green. 

something about it though keeps drawing me in. 

Watching Matt from txg hit the 3w lofted down a notch has me intrigued. I hit it about the same distance as him. So that could work. 

• Like 1

Tri-hot double wide 

I just ordered the 3 wood. Looking forward to it arriving and getting it out on the course. I have a g425 max but haven’t really been happy with it, I find the face a little too shallow. 

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
3 wood: Titleist TSR2

7 wood: Ping G430 max

Utility iron: Callaway Apex ut

4 Hybrid: Callaway Paradym
Irons: Titleist T100 5-pw 
Wedges: Vokey sm9 50*, 54*, 60*
Putters: TaylorMade Spider X

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

6 minutes ago, JDW3 said:

I just ordered the 3 wood. Looking forward to it arriving and getting it out on the course. I have a g425 max but haven’t really been happy with it, I find the face a little too shallow. 

Also don’t want to order one and wait for 4-6 weeks to get it….

would need a x flex …

Tri-hot double wide 

On 6/16/2021 at 7:19 PM, Kale_m said:

Also don’t want to order one and wait for 4-6 weeks to get it….

would need a x flex …

Mine came in today, 5 days after ordering it. I have a tee time tomorrow so I’ll be testing it out then. 

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I got the 5W recently and absolutely love it. As others have stated, definitely sits more open/flat than most woods on the market, which is great for me as I tend to miss left with woods/hybrids. It's much harder to miss left and I haven't even changed it from the stock settings.

My shop didn't have the 3W in stock so I ended up with a TSi2 4W since it's adjustable but it doesn't compare to the Mizuno. Will likely trade in the TSi2 for the STz 3W if I can find and demo one. 

I ended up with the sim 5w dialed down to 17*. It has a tensei blue 90tx in it. 

roll with this for now 

stz will get tested over the winter 

Tri-hot double wide 

Got mine out on the course today. I hit it really well off the deck and off the tee. I really like that the lie angle is a little flatter. Looking forward to getting out this weekend to get in some more testing. 

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Have had mine for a few rounds. Easy to hit and baby fade. 

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cobra Snakebite 2023 Versatile 58 bent to 59 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

I have one coming. I have a ts3 coming as well. I keep trying to replace my 17m2. I really want an adjustable hosel so I can open up the face. The ts3 showed a lot of promise but had an occasional hook with it on launch monitors. Didn't demo the stz, bought it unseen based on the online reviews and my experience with the clk hybrid. 

I got the 5 wood with a Tensei blue X flex and it's really great. I lofted it down all the way and it went to far right, now I play it at 17* and it's good. It is very easy to hit off the deck or on a tee. 

It does spin a bit more than I like but that's my swing, so into the breeze it gets tossed around a lot. As good a fw wood as I have ever played.

Ping 430 LST 9* set to 7.5*  ventus TR blue 6x

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎3+ Kai'li 70x

Ping g425 max 7 wood set to 19* w Ventus TR blue 8X

Srixon ZX utility 23* Ventus Black 9tx

Srixon ZX-7 5-AW, Project X 6.5 LZ

Cleveland RTX mid bounce 56 and 60 DG S400

Odyssey metal x milled 2-ball mid, 

Srixon Z-Star 💎

I have the 3 wood and i'm playing it at 14* with a Ventus blue 7x. I absolutly love the look at address as it sits very square.  I primarily use it off the tee but its been solid off the deck as well. However, my favorite thing about it is that it actually has some spin. Many modern 3 woods I've hit recently are way too low spin and are prone to some funky knuckle ball flights on miss hits which isn't the case with the STZ. Safe to say I've been really impressed so far this season.      

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mizuno has something in this 3wood. Just got it shafted up in my backup gamer and hit it head to head on launch monitors against my 17m2. It's just as long and a touch easier to hit...and that was with the mizuno at d1 (I like heavier). Gonna throw some lead tape and put it through more testing on the range and eventually do some head to head on the course. 

Mizuno launching about 1-1 5 degrees higher with just a touch more spin on avg than 17m2.

On 7/6/2021 at 6:12 PM, getitdaily said:

Mizuno has something in this 3wood. Just got it shafted up in my backup gamer and hit it head to head on launch monitors against my 17m2. It's just as long and a touch easier to hit...and that was with the mizuno at d1 (I like heavier). Gonna throw some lead tape and put it through more testing on the range and eventually do some head to head on the course. 

Mizuno launching about 1-1 5 degrees higher with just a touch more spin on avg than 17m2.

That’s high praise.  I’m looking since my ts2 took a poop.  And this one is on my radar.  Yours is second recommendation that’s very similar.  Heard same on the ST-190

Edited by bladehunter

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

12 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

That’s high praise.  I’m looking since my ts2 took a poop.  And this one is on my radar.  Yours is second recommendation that’s very similar.  Heard same on the ST-190

I put it through the paces on the range Saturday and then went back for more launch monitor testing to confirm the setting I found in the range. 

I didn't care for the upright setting. I hit a few too many that turned over rather than my normal tailing cut. I like the shape of the head but the face is oriented so that it's toed-in in the upright lie...even upright and -1 loft. 

Std loft lie was good but the ball floated a bit more than I like. They were range balls. Std lie setting and -1 loft really worked well. I felt like either std lie settings allowed me to just hammer away. 

Additional launch monitor testing kind of showed the numbers of what I saw on the range. 17m2 has flatter trajectory. Stz at -1 loft produces very close numbers as 17m2. Stz still showed about 200rpm more spin consistently. I think I topped out at 3400 rpm and bottomed at 2600-2700. 17m2 topped out around 3000 and bottomed around 2400. Stz at 15 loft topped out at 4000...too high and proved what I saw on the range with those occasional floaters. 

On the range, stz was just a bit tighter in dispersion. It's definitely a contender. It does not lack in ballspeed. 

Will test on course next weekend. That's ultimately where it has to prove itself. But it passed the launch monitor and range test so far. 

Oh, I RARELY hit 17m2 off a tee. Only time I ever hit it off a tee is if i need to draw it. I kick up a grass tee and wail away on it. I hit at least 10 balls off a tee in the range. This thing is a monster off a tee. The slightly deeper face makes this thing just go. 

The only bad...-1 loft opens the face 2.5 degrees. Flat and open worked really well. But I had a hard time drawing it off the deck. Rarely need that shot so not too impactful. 

Edited by getitdaily
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

I put it through the paces on the range Saturday and then went back for more launch monitor testing to confirm the setting I found in the range. 

I didn't care for the upright setting. I hit a few too many that turned over rather than my normal tailing cut. I like the shape of the head but the face is oriented so that it's toed-in in the upright lie...even upright and -1 loft. 

Std loft lie was good but the ball floated a bit more than I like. They were range balls. Std lie setting and -1 loft really worked well. I felt like either std lie settings allowed me to just hammer away. 

Additional launch monitor testing kind of showed the numbers of what I saw on the range. 17m2 has flatter trajectory. Stz at -1 loft produces very close numbers as 17m2. Stz still showed about 200rpm more spin consistently. I think I topped out at 3400 rpm and bottomed at 2600-2700. 17m2 topped out around 3000 and bottomed around 2400. Stz at 15 loft topped out at 4000...too high and proved what I saw on the range with those occasional floaters. 

On the range, stz was just a bit tighter in dispersion. It's definitely a contender. It does not lack in ballspeed. 

Will test on course next weekend. That's ultimately where it has to prove itself. But it passed the launch monitor and range test so far. 

Oh, I RARELY hit 17m2 off a tee. Only time I ever hit it off a tee is if i need to draw it. I kick up a grass tee and wail away on it. I hit at least 10 balls off a tee in the range. This thing is a monster off a tee. The slightly deeper face makes this thing just go. 

Awesome info.  Thanks ! 

sounds like to me I may like the upright setting.  I’m opposite of you , I hit a very neutral ball , but I prefer to see a little fall left tail.  But my miss is a push.   Never a hook.  So I love a neutral looking face in 3 wood and driver. I don’t really like it wide open.  The deep face and launch are also appealing to me.  I’m wanting to play it off the tee 3/4 times a round since most courses around here have plenty of doglegs.  But I also play plenty of tournament rounds that have par 5s that aren’t reachable with my 3 hybrid.  And it’s good for 240 plus or minus wind  off the deck.  So id like something that’s spinning miss is longer than 245-250. If that makes sense ?  I don’t want a club that overlaps with the hybrid in any way.  The 4 woods ( ts2 and Wilson D9 ) I have now do overlap on poor shots or  fades into the wind. I have an RBZ 14.5 that doesn’t overlap.  But.  It’s so fade bias that it bugs me to not hit the shape I now prefer.  Small thing. But you know how it is, you need it to suit the eye too. Thanks for the info. I had already planned to test it today.  But this helps as far as setting to try to quicken the test.  

Edited by bladehunter

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Really impressed with the st200ts 15*, as stated by other posters, flat and open, playing mine in std. lie and one setting towards higher. Mizuno st190ts, st200ts, and stz are all very good at retaining ball speed for strikes lower on face off deck and deep enough to hit off tee with confidence. Because of the higher launch, some players might want to consider a mid to lower spin shaft instead of higher launching options common in lots of newer stuff. The st290ts with real Atmos TS black is a phenomenal combination for great value. The st200ts and stz faces also don’t show considerable wear by just looking at them like the st190ts does.

Edited by Mitchell
  • Thanks 2

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

16 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Awesome info.  Thanks ! 

sounds like to me I may like the upright setting.  I’m opposite of you , I hit a very neutral ball , but I prefer to see a little fall left tail.  But my miss is a push.   Never a hook.  So I love a neutral looking face in 3 wood and driver. I don’t really like it wide open.  The deep face and launch are also appealing to me.  I’m wanting to play it off the tee 3/4 times a round since most courses around here have plenty of doglegs.  But I also play plenty of tournament rounds that have par 5s that aren’t reachable with my 3 hybrid.  And it’s good for 240 plus or minus wind  off the deck.  So id like something that’s spinning miss is longer than 245-250. If that makes sense ?  I don’t want a club that overlaps with the hybrid in any way.  The 4 woods ( ts2 and Wilson D9 ) I have now do overlap on poor shots or  fades into the wind. I have an RBZ 14.5 that doesn’t overlap.  But.  It’s so fade bias that it bugs me to not hit the shape I now prefer.  Small thing. But you know how it is, you need it to suit the eye too. Thanks for the info. I had already planned to test it today.  But this helps as far as setting to try to quicken the test.  

I think it'll be an interesting club for you. I could see the club being a drawers dream because it retains spin so well (see matt with txg). But finding the right launch and spin window can be tricky with a 3wood. 

I kind of knew going in what to expect because of the txg reviews and what I know about my gamer shaft. It's a 757 speeder evo2 that's tipped 1.5". With 3wood and hybrid I like a spinnier head combined with a low launch/spin shaft that's tipped a good bit. I have found that combo to really work well for me. So I knew the stz would fit the bill. 

The right shaft in the stz is the key, imo. You gotta know you and what kind of shaft/head combo you prefer. But I think you have to love the potential of the stz and its spin profile...as a drawer. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

Really impressed with the st200ts 15*, as stated by other posters, flat and open, playing mine in std. lie and one setting towards higher. Mizuno st190ts, st200ts, and stz are all very good at retaining ball speed for strikes lower on face off deck and deep enough to hit off tee with confidence. Because of the higher launch, some players might want to consider a mid to lower spin shaft instead of higher launching options common in lots of newer stuff. The st290ts with real Atmos TS black is a phenomenal combination for great value. The st200ts and stz faces also don’t show wear by just looking at them like the st190ts does.

Probably close to 100 balls with mine. Bought it used on here. About 40 of those 100 were on the range...most off the deck.

20210712_092558.jpg

• Like 2

Above wear is definitely typical and the st200ts and stz faces with matte full face scoring lines are in my opinion much preferable to the groove less polished center of the st190ts. Certainly picking nits here, only thing I would change on the most recent Mizuno woods would be making face silver to not show wear as readily. That being stated, that’s an issue with a lot of current manufacturers and should not discourage use of a great product.

Edited by Mitchell
  • Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu