Ping PLD Custom Program

dlow206

28 minutes ago, PNDUBGLFR said:

Long post coming… sorry 😂😂

I took part in an in person PLD fitting during the middle of January.  I was fitted by Alex and like many others in this thread the whole experience exceeded my expectations.  

My gamer for the last 4 years is a Ping My Day from the Karsten 1959 line.  It’s a basic cast putter, but it is one of the few times Ping made the My Day in a more modern weight.  I took this down to Phoenix with me and showed it to Alex, but I’d already sent him some data from my home course and he informed me that although it was a great putter it didn’t really fit my stroke.  I was pretty disappointed because I love the My Day head style and I feel comfortable with it even if it doesn’t fit me. 

I’d already made up my mind that if I was fitted into a readily available at retail head style I wouldn’t buy a putter, but I was fit into a Ping Anser 4 and also a Anser 2D with a little bit longer neck then the ones seen at retail.  

After we putted with both putters inside for about 40 minutes Alex said that we should go and putt outside to get a better feel.  Right as we were getting ready to go outside Alex reaches in his pocket and said “let me throw a monkey wrench in your decision” and pulls out the last My Day head that Ping has available of the small amount they made up for its tour staff.  He says, “just since you mentioned how much you love this style I figured I should show you this, even if it’s not your best fit.”  

We get outside and I putt about 10 putts from 5 feet with both Ansers and although I’m putting ok they aren’t really jumping out at me.  We move back to 20 feet and I putt 5 each with both Ansers and don’t make any putts.  Alex then hands me the My Day and says let’s just try this one.  Well of course I make the next putt from 20 feet and Alex starts laughing and says “I think we know which putter you need to get”. I tell him that “I gotta stick with what’s comfortable and I can’t believe they had one of these left, it feels like it’s meant to be.”

I tried to keep the putter itself pretty minimal, but I did choose the black finish along with the black shaft.  Just so it reminds me more of my current gamer I chose against having any face milling and it feels pretty similar, but is definitely a little softer due to being made out of carbon.  I can’t imagine needing another putter in my life, but this is golfwrx after all 😂.

Anyone who is on the fence about doing the fitting I can’t recommend it enough.  I went in with pretty high expectations and Alex went above and beyond.  I told him that ping equipment has played a role in many of my fondest golf memories and I have no doubt this putter will continue that tradition.  

ED953C50-404C-41FD-87A8-AC81234E68A7.jpeg

1088337A-4EF2-42C4-B479-C4AEDFA61CE6.jpeg

2A41B44B-A1AF-4172-9395-CC6E4D6DB2A2.jpeg

9384050B-23E4-461C-8CA1-AE80D440F65D.jpeg

6E68FF18-45C5-43D1-A142-4B06ABEF98E2.jpeg

Man Ping is doing everything right with this program for the regular golfer.

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

1 hour ago, PNDUBGLFR said:

Anyone who is on the fence about doing the fitting I can’t recommend it enough.  I went in with pretty high expectations and Alex went above and beyond.  I told him that ping equipment has played a role in many of my fondest golf memories and I have no doubt this putter will continue that tradition.  

This is exactly why I gotta do it.

thanks for that post, love all these stories and your MyDay looks 🔥!!!

PXG Gen 6 driver

PXG Gen 4 3W
Ping g425 3H, 4H

PXG Xcor2 6-SW

Ping Glide 3.0 58*
Bettinardi BB28 

3 hours ago, PNDUBGLFR said:

I took part in an in person PLD fitting during the middle of January.  I was fitted by Alex and like many others in this thread the whole experience exceeded my expectations.  

My gamer for the last 4 years is a Ping My Day from the Karsten 1959 line.  It’s a basic cast putter, but it is one of the few times Ping made the My Day in a more modern weight.  I took this down to Phoenix with me and showed it to Alex, but I’d already sent him some data from my home course and he informed me that although it was a great putter it didn’t really fit my stroke.  I was pretty disappointed because I love the My Day head style and I feel comfortable with it even if it doesn’t fit me. 

I’d already made up my mind that if I was fitted into a readily available at retail head style I wouldn’t buy a putter, but I was fit into a Ping Anser 4 and also a Anser 2D with a little bit longer neck then the ones seen at retail.  

After we putted with both putters inside for about 40 minutes Alex said that we should go and putt outside to get a better feel.  Right as we were getting ready to go outside Alex reaches in his pocket and said “let me throw a monkey wrench in your decision” and pulls out the last My Day head that Ping has available of the small amount they made up for its tour staff.  He says, “just since you mentioned how much you love this style I figured I should show you this, even if it’s not your best fit.”  

We get outside and I putt about 10 putts from 5 feet with both Ansers and although I’m putting ok they aren’t really jumping out at me.  We move back to 20 feet and I putt 5 each with both Ansers and don’t make any putts.  Alex then hands me the My Day and says let’s just try this one.  Well of course I make the next putt from 20 feet and Alex starts laughing and says “I think we know which putter you need to get”. I tell him that “I gotta stick with what’s comfortable and I can’t believe they had one of these left, it feels like it’s meant to be.”

I tried to keep the putter itself pretty minimal, but I did choose the black finish along with the black shaft.  Just so it reminds me more of my current gamer I chose against having any face milling and it feels pretty similar, but is definitely a little softer due to being made out of carbon.  I can’t imagine needing another putter in my life, but this is golfwrx after all 😂.

Congrats on your new putter. I love that headshape too. It’s a classic. 

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

23 hours ago, PNDUBGLFR said:

5 hours ago, 14max said:

All - Here's the update to my experience: My refinished DS72 H arrived last Thursday  (I wasn't expecting it so soon) and, I have to say, I'm very thrilled,  thankful,  and appreciative of PING and Labworx for everything they've done over and above my initial positive experience.  I'm overwhelmed by the professionalism of these representatives of both of these stellar companies.  Here are the pics:

20230312_140704.jpg

20230312_140718.jpg

20230312_140731.jpg

20230312_140755.jpg

The quality that this program is rolling out is incredible and everyone’s posts continue to impress. 

Having done my fitting in person last week, cannot wait for mine to arrive to join in! 

• Like 1

Ping G425 LST 9º | Graphite Design Tour AD TSG Blue 65X

Callaway Great Big Bertha 15º | Fujikura Speeder Evolution II TS X

Srixon ZX 3I | KBS TGI 100 X
Srixon Z U85  4i & 5i | KBS VC Taper LIte 115X
Srixon Z 585 6i-PW | KBS VC Taper LIte 115X
Cleveland RTX 4 Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/mid | KBS 610
Odyssey RSX #7 Milled | Replacement Soon!

Thanks for posting!  It’s looking great, love the ‘PINGman play your best’ in there as well!

what finish did you end up getting and please share about your experience, we all geek out over this stuff 🤣

• Like 1

PXG Gen 6 driver

PXG Gen 4 3W
Ping g425 3H, 4H

PXG Xcor2 6-SW

Ping Glide 3.0 58*
Bettinardi BB28 

8 hours ago, kvarilek said:

I don't post on here a ton but thought I would share my custom Tyne. I did the virtual fitting on January 30th so hopefully this will be showing up soon!

CD4FC344-5237-4A09-AD28-D4D7CC7EE828.jpeg

4ACE1FD5-8323-4211-9C48-1E1384395C3B.jpeg

Looks great - can't wait to see the finished product !

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

On 3/11/2023 at 9:34 PM, PNDUBGLFR said:

I love this head shape as well, your putter looks awesome!

Ping G425 12* set at the little - with a tour 2.0 65 stiff shaft

Callaway Steelhead III 18* 5W

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 21* 7W

Ping G30 4-W, U, and S irons 

Ping Tour 60* wedge

Ping Karsten Craz-E putter

25 minutes ago, williaza said:

What is the current turn around time on these right now? 

also when is the full amount of putter due? At shipping or at build time? 

You pay $200 up front when booking the fitting, then the remaining $1090 when placing your order.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

Just now, williaza said:

Sorry…how long between fitting and placing the order 

That's up to you.  As long as you take to finalize the order/options.  You pay before the putter gets built.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

16 hours ago, grat702 said:

Thanks for posting!  It’s looking great, love the ‘PINGman play your best’ in there as well!

what finish did you end up getting and please share about your experience, we all geek out over this stuff 🤣

Thank you! I requested a dark patina finish on it. I love that look and am excited to see it age over time.

The whole experience was fantastic. I worked with Alex and he has been absolutely awesome during this whole process. It was fun seeing my fitting results and going through what will fit me best. I'll make sure to post some more pictures once it comes in. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cmyates3060 said:

Does anyone know if you have to go through to entire process each time to get the customer putter? 

Went through the fitting a year ago and ended up with a DS72 but realized shortly after that an Oslo would’ve been better for.  

Also - anyone know if ‘baby blue’ is a paint fill option?  

You should be able to email your fitter and just order a putter without being fit again. 

I’m in the same boat. I got an Anser 4J last year, but think I would be better off in a Kushin 4. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 9:04 AM, Arlin964 said:

Got my first progress pic in last night. I mentioned earlier in the thread how the design team was willing to do a custom graphic for me and I think it turned out great. It’s amazing what they’re willing to do for the common man. This is my Kushin H.

62F0111F-2291-419B-B6A9-6F0F7BD723EA.jpeg.f1cb40ef7efa75dad2e75eecc70951c2.jpeg

My condolences for last night’s debacle 🤧

• Haha 1

PING G425 4-UW/SW/Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex/ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5*/3W 14*/3hyb.19*/5W 17.5/9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD Anser 4J Proto / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone Rx-TreoSoft

41 minutes ago, cmyates3060 said:

I love that color, looks like a mint color! Do you remember what it was called?

I literally found a picture with the color and emailed it to Alex, he sent it over to get finished and they matched the color . I’ll try and find the picture for you . 

found it!

image.jpeg.bd7e38550225cb16ee5368815a1ca233.jpeg

Edited by Humble
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Motoboss said:

My condolences for last night’s debacle 🤧

Thank you. Unfortunately us Purdue fans are well prepared for those kinds of things. 

• Like 1

Dr - still working on it

G430 Max 15 / PING Tour Black 2.0 75S

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

i230 6-P / Modus 115S

s159 50, 54, 58 / Modus 125 Wedge

LAB DF3