LIV with some big money announcements (*** TOPIC MODERATED ***)

CCTxGolf

1 hour ago, NoFancyUsername. said:

Hideki moves Japan. If LIV get him, it would not be for 400m. For all the pundits out there...400m would be made before lunch, and the main stash would not be touched 😉

LOL 

I can see LIV getting him, just don't think it'll be for $400mil but who knows with the money they're throwing around.

3 hours ago, Hankshank said:

That depends on the second prize momey, if that is 3,5 mill no big deal 1st or 2nd, if 1 mill they will care money wise. Don’t know if winning as such in a LIV tournament will matter for the winners, as for Ramsay, Tiger or Bland, winning on the old tours.

So 1.2mm for first prize is a big deal in a PGAT event, but the 1.875mm difference between first and second in LIV isn't...

OK

• Like 2

Golf is a non-contact game. I have paid to play all my life like most golfers. I would love to get paid to play. Why do they need a couple hundred million dollars before even hitting a golf ball? We give our children golf lessons. Then they can learn and play in high school. After that it's college golf which gets their skill level up again and it's free in the USA. So these golfers think after all that and support from America, American fans they turn their backs on us for greed and to play for a country with a horrible human rights record. Why don't they have their own golfers in Saudi Arabia instead of stealing all our players? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Bettinardi BB8 Reserve 300 pcs. 33"

Byron Morgan 615 33"

52 minutes ago, bighitlama said:

There you go!   Great to see how quickly they are improving the product.   Something else the PGAT can copy from them.

Ha, so if you get "relegated" you get sent to exile on the Asian Tour and get to play for peanuts?  SIGN ME UP!*

*Exception provided for "team captains" (e.g. the people that they think draw ratings) so this isn't quite a meritocracy

Edited by NormanFan
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, oikos1 said:

Thing is, and it's been posted several times, the PGA Tour had that opportunity and said no.  At this point, they have given up any leverage within a compromise so they would end up worse off than before.  Basically it would be a surrender.

It's going to be a back and forth guns a blazing, at least for the next few years. 

Posted/rumored but never validated like many of the made up rumors in this thread - even if it was true, wonder why the PGA Tour would never want to deal with Greg Norman and his personal vendetta against the PGA Tour ? 

Edited by Ghost of Snead
  • Like 2

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

1 hour ago, NormanFan said:

Ha, so if you get "relegated" you get sent to exile on the Asian Tour and get to play for peanuts?  SIGN ME UP!*

*Exception provided for "team captains" (e.g. the people that they think draw ratings) so this isn't quite a meritocracy

I agree, it seems to be a hybrid system to offer the benefits of both.    Kind of like giving PGAT players lifetime exemptions because they know they want those guys in their tournaments regardless if they can still qualify or not.  LIV is going to make sure as long as a guy is one of their most popular players he's going to be out there...  makes great business and marketing sense.

By the way, the PGAT relegates players every year, I thought that was part of what made the PGAT great, worthy of OWGRs etc... because new players had a way to compete into the tour.

Edited by bighitlama
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OrangeGravy said:

Baseball contracts are guaranteed.  Only the NFL has partial guaranteed money at this point and that is eroding steadily 

How about pro tennis and bowling ? Guaranteed contracts ? 

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

Sergio going back to the DP tour because he still wants to be apart of the Ryder Cup? Just saw ESPNU bottom ticker.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple D w/ Hazardous Smoke Green Hulk 70TX @45.25

3W: Taylormade M2 15* w/ Hazardous Smoke Green Hulk 80X.

5W: Taylormade M6 18* w/ Hazardous Smoke Green Hulk 90 TX.

Irons: Miura Retro Tournament blades 3i, 4i, and 7i. Miura MB-001 5i, 6i, 8i-PW. 3i with MMT 125TX. 4i-PW are Oak doweled, DG X100 Tiger Stepped 1/4”

lofts: 3i: 20* 4i: 24* 5i: 28* 6i: 32* 7i: 36* 8i: 40* 9i: 44* PW: 48*

Wedges: Fourteen RM4 56* DG X7, Miura 59* At 61* DG X7

Putter: Taylormade Spider

Grips: Golf pride MCC+4.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

24 minutes ago, aus10KC said:

That's 2.5 billion dollars and not even all of the top 10. Then what about the next group of players that win majors and make it to the top 10 in the coming years? You gotta pay them too.

This model makes no financial sense, doesn't help grow the game and will not last.

Exactly…

The top players keep changing and new ones keep coming every year. So hard for some people to comprehend…

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, aus10KC said:

That's 2.5 billion dollars and not even all of the top 10. Then what about the next group of players that win majors and make it to the top 10 in the coming years? You gotta pay them too.

This model makes no financial sense, doesn't help grow the game and will not last.

Ya SA shell out 5 billion and nobody watch cause all the golfers billionaires and don’t care 🤣

Guy gonna care about hitting balls and putts all day at the range if he got $500MM?

No, he just show up on Thursday like

Tired Britney Spears GIF

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, aus10KC said:

Money - Not a problem! The Saudi Crown Prince gets what he wants and money is never a problem. NEVER! 

An example is MBS is wanting to build a new building reaching 1,600 feet in the air that will have 150 stories and will run parallel for 75 miles! The price tag on the complex? Just a trillion dollars! Yes, that's right - a TRILLION DOLLARS! And MBS wants things done on his timetable. Planners don’t have long to design the structure. MBS has given them a completion deadline of 2030. Oh, he thinks bigger than big too - It will house roughly 5 million people and will include a high-speed train under the buildings to let people move about in it. MBS is not shy about going after anything he desires...and that includes whatever it takes to get top ranked professional golfers! It's just money and he has plenty of it. Think like every little grain of sand in Saudi Arabia is a million bucks. Why would he be chinchy?   

Jay Monahan has a HUGE PROBLEM on his hands that is way bigger than he could ever imagine. MBS gets what he wants!   

Edited by Hocus_Pocus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

There are two things you can learn by stopping your backswing at the top and checking the position of your hands: how many hands you have, and which one is wearing the glove.

59 minutes ago, Hocus_Pocus said:

At some point-in-time and dollar point virtually all the top players will capitulate and join LIV. There is not a single top ranked professional tour player that won't eventually cave-in and take the money. They would be an absolute fool to pass up the amount of money that is being offered them. The money is more than 99% of them will ever earn in their entire career from winnings and endorsements combined. What fool, other than Tiger Woods who already has ½ billion, would turn that down?  In my view Tiger was a fool to turn down what he was offered, but I think he took that hero stand because he wants to have that as part of his legacy, but I bet now he's gritting his teeth knowing he screwed up bigtime...

How much to get [say] Rahm, McIlroy, JT, Spieth and Scottie?  What, $500mm each? Do any of you (with the exception of smart-aleck Ghost) really think those players and their families should turn down that sizable amount of money? If you say they should turn it down, you're just not being honest...             

I suppose if money is all you care about, you are correct.  
none of these guys are poor.   Sheffler has the least career earnings of the five you named at $21m.   $13m made this year.   exactly how much is enough that your family never has to worry about money?   All 5 are already there…. And that’s just on course money.

so according to the article posted earlier, if they take the money, they will have zero control over their schedule.   So if a kid is about to be born or some other personal interest, they will have to put that aside to play in the LIV event.   For all the talk of free agent, it’s the end if that if you join LIV.    If you get injured or miss some events, you may have to pay back the advance money.       

other details are likely in the contract.    The players seem to be saying all the same thing, so they may not have the freedom to actually speak your mind,

yes, it’s a lot of money.   Maybe it is everything some of these guys have ever dreamed of…. But it’s also possible that all that money isn’t as free as it seems and could be more than some want to pay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aus10KC said:

that’s still pocket change that daily interest covers 

they own ManCity, Newcastle, PSG and only going to add more 

If they took the ladies and did mixed event, ladies be gone a heartbeat

• Like 2

Everybody relax, I’m here

1 hour ago, aus10KC said:

That is 2.5 days of oil profits for PIF. And it will last as long as they want it to. 

• Like 2