2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Titleist TSR2, TSR3 & TSR4 driver & TSR2, TSR2+ & TSR3 3 wood - 2022 Travelers

GolfWRX_Spotted

17 minutes ago, KingTitus said:

I’ve got a new Ventus black TR arriving tomorrow. Once in hand I’ll be taking to my local shop to test it with a few heads then walking out with the winning. TSR4 at 8 or 9 or TSR3 at 8 is what I’m thinking based on my first go around with the stock Tensei 1k

Are you able to purchase head only or just getting stock shaft and hold on to it or sell it. 

4 minutes ago, Lumberjack627 said:

Are you able to purchase head only or just getting stock shaft and hold on to it or sell it. 

I’ll just buy with a stock shaft and keep it for when the time comes that I sell. 

• Like 1

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

9 minutes ago, COmedic said:

Shipping notice! Ordered 9/8, made a slight adjustment on 9/12

LH TSR2 9°, TSR 2+, and TSR2 18°, all with HZRDUS 4G

Should get in a few rounds next week, super excited!

Lemme know when you don't want 'em anymore!!

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 9* - Ventus TR Red 6X

Titleist TS3 4W 16.5* - T1100 Evenflow White 6.5

W/S UT 20* - HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0

Callaway Apex '19 4-PW - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM9 49* - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM8 54/58 - PX Rifle 6.0

SINK 1992 Custom

1 hour ago, Lumberjack627 said:

Is anyone going into the stores tomorrow ( pga tss, GG) to purchase?

My Local golfers warehouse/ roger dunn had one tsr2 with haz black 6.5 in stock for tomorrows launch, was able to put it on hold to scoop up tomorrow. May keep the shaft in the meantime, interested in maybe throwing in a TR blue to try or 1k pro white. Haven't really ever hit big aftermarket shafts so nervous to pull the trigger on one, but rdx black was great for me at one point so figure I keep the trend going. All the guys in this thread talking about the shafts they have prepped for it is certainly not making it any easier to hold off lol.

My tale of one demo and one fitting.

Went to a facility where it is free to demo.  I am coming from a Titleist 983K that just won't leave the bag.  Hit the r2 first in a 1k black and was all over.  Ballooning too.  They did not have any of my Ventus shafts.  Much improved look but still not a real fan.  Hit the r3.  Loved the sound/feel/look.  Nice drives down the middle.  Intentionally it one off the toe and it had a nice draw back to the middle.  Then did the same off the heel and a nice fade to the middle.  This was all nice even hitting those stones they call range balls.  First swings while recovering from my sixth back surgery.  No r4 for me to hit.  Demoed a Rogue ST Max LS and liked it as much as the r3.  Excited for a few more swings then a fitting.

Fitting event at GG.  To my disappointment, just a GG fitter no Titleist rep.  Nice guy though and did his best with what he had.  Started with a r2 9*.  He pulled out a sleeve of Prov1s.  Nice as I play those or the Prov1x.  After a discussion, he put me in a Tensei Blue 65.  No Ventus either.  What a difference versus the range balls.  Nicer sound/feel.  Ballooning, off to the right though still in the fairway.  Smash factor 1.52 spin 3300-3400.  Kept the shaft, but brought out the r3.  Smash factor 1.58 spin 2200-2300 and nice flight with great distance.  Having an incurable/untreatable illness, along with my back, they were nice enough to bring a chair over for me to rest a few minutes.  Here is where it went south for me.  It was a foldable director's type chair.  Later I found out that the chair wasn't locked or opened properly by the assistant.  I always check around me before I swing.  All clear.  Started my back swing and apparently the assistant moved the chair forward to retrieve something from the stand and the club caught the strap and the chair got tangled and was pulled with my down swing and the club jammed in the mat.  This ended up breaking my hand.  Out 4-8 weeks.  Not much outdoor fitting in Ohio at that time of year.  When I returned home, there was a box of six demo irons from a shop as I was looking for those too.  Just returned to golf with my doctor's okay after several years away.  Sorry for the length of this post.

• Sad 4

Picked up a titleist tsr3 today. Gamed the 905t and loved it. Then tried the 907 d1 and hated it. Basically moved to taylormade/callaway for the past 15 years. After seeing the tsr3 I forgot how much I missed the classical pear shape. Just so clean behind the ball. No turbulators or carbon fiber or bright colors. Tsr3 wins in looks/feel/sound vs any callaway model I’ve played in the last 6 years and I’ve tried them all. 

Played 9 holes at my club after work to test it out. I want to be careful against hyping up the autoflex too much. It isn’t a magic wand. It didn’t give me 20+ yards. But this thing really does want to go straight. Hit 8 of 12 fairways I used driver, 2 of those misses were a yard off the fairway. Heel strikes ended up right side of fairway, about 5 yards short of normal. Toe strikes were punished a little more than heel, but both were more manageable than the mavrik I’m currently gaming. Gained about 5 yards on average, 10 yards on a couple of holes. Probably a combination of lighter shaft/ .5 degree lower head might’ve optimized my flight a little better. The mavrik gave me 12 degrees launch, 2500 spin, 252 carry on 155 ball speed. I was hitting this combo flush, finding it easier to find the slot. Couple of hook swings that I thought were going to get away from me ended up way better than I thought and dispersion was pretty tight for a small sample size. Putting this in play for a money game with buddies tomorrow. 

D4FC356C-5592-4B24-8D39-E0662C121E21.jpeg

4CF2D7E8-82C1-41F0-8E96-B154057F591B.jpeg

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 10° Autoflex 505x

Titleist TSR3 15° Ventus Red 7s

Callaway UW 19° Ventus Red 7s

PXG 0311 Gen3 4-5p, 6-9t, PWst Oban CT-115s 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50° Oban CT-115s

Vokey 56°s Raw, 60°t Raw Project X LZ 6.0

Byron Morgan DH89x / 009 

2 hours ago, Lumberjack627 said:

I don’t think they will sell out by then but upo

never know goodluck. 

Lol I'm normally in bed by 9:30 pm. I decided to stay up a little later to finish up some work. I was like well hey, it's officially 9/23.. let me check out Dick's website real quick. My local DSG had 1x TSR2 "9" available for pick up. Placed my order, and boom.. I should be picking it up tomorrow after work. My wedding 1st anniversary is next weekend, so maybe the wife won't be mad at my new driver and the PXG Gen 5 Hybrid I just ordered too....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, warren G. said:

Lol I'm normally in bed by 9:30 pm. I decided to stay up a little later to finish up some work. I was like well hey, it's officially 9/23.. let me check out Dick's website real quick. My local DSG had 1x TSR2 "9" available for pick up. Placed my order, and boom.. I should be picking it up tomorrow after work. My wedding 1st anniversary is next weekend, so maybe the wife won't be mad at my new driver and the PXG Gen 5 Hybrid I just ordered too....

I’m up now looking as well to see if they have the combo I want and no store around me does. Goodluck happy anniversary 1 year in she won’t get mad. 

4 hours ago, LongStaff said:

Just looked online at the dicks/gg in the state I live in. No xstiff tsr drivers available in any stores. Disappointing 

I went to my local dicks and they had the tsr3 with 6.5 hzrdus 4g. Snagged it and used a gift card I had. Now I gotta try it out later to see if I need to find a ventus blue or tr to replace it. 

• Like 2

Anybody do a pre order from DD around 9/8 with a stock shaft offering and still not get it or any indication of shipment? I put original order in on 9/3 and then when I heard the tx was a no up charge option I modified it on 9/8. DD said my order probably got pushed to 9/8 but the real release isn’t until 9/30 and some people receiving theirs are just fortunate. 🤨

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

1 minute ago, Rosco1216 said:

Anybody do a pre order from DD around 9/8 with a stock shaft offering and still not get it or any indication of shipment? I put original order in on 9/3 and then when I heard the tx was a no up charge option I modified it on 9/8. DD said my order probably got pushed to 9/8 but the real release isn’t until 9/30 and some people receiving theirs are just fortunate. 🤨

I placed on 9/6 with a ventus black 6x and still havent heard anything.  i messaged them this morning.  Shouldn't be delayed with that standard ventus.

I have mine on hold at my local Watts. Called yesterday to have them hold one for me. I was hoping they'd possibly have them out early but no luck. Picking mine up later today.

Taylormade Qi10 9° - Tensei Blue X Link 65x

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 16.5° - Tensei Blue RAW 75x

Srixon ZX7 Mk II 4-6, Z Forged II 7-9 - PX LZ 6.0

Vokey SM9 46/50/54/58 - S200

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Cruiser 

Titleist Pro V1

Just a heads up -- on PGA Tour Superstore's website, some lofts of the TSi woods are still available for custom order. For some reason, they have the Ventus Red w/ VeloCore, the Graphite Design Tour AD UB, and the Diamana ZF listed at this moment without any upcharge.

Last time they had an error like this, I called and told them ... they first implied I didn't know what I was talking about in terms of what's supposed to have an upcharge and what isn't, and then didn't bother to fix it for like almost a week. This time I'm just sharing it here.

• Like 2

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

10 minutes ago, eric61 said:

Just a heads up -- on PGA Tour Superstore's website, some lofts of the TSi woods are still available for custom order. For some reason, they have the Ventus Red w/ VeloCore, the Graphite Design Tour AD UB, and the Diamana ZF listed at this moment without any upcharge.

Last time they had an error like this, I called and told them ... they first implied I didn't know what I was talking about in terms of what's supposed to have an upcharge and what isn't, and then didn't bother to fix it for like almost a week. This time I'm just sharing it here.

The tsi woods or tsr? Just want to make sure. 

Edited by Lumberjack627

11 minutes ago, eric61 said:

What lofts?  I went over there real quick and didn't see any like that. 

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

2 minutes ago, Lumberjack627 said:

The tsi woods or tsr? Just want to make sure. 

1 minute ago, clamberto said:

I'm seeing normal prices on TSR upgrades

1 minute ago, radiman said:

What lofts?  I went over there real quick and didn't see any like that. 

TSi, not TSR. It's only on the previous model.

1 minute ago, eric61 said:

TSi, not TSR. It's only on the previous model.

I saw it.  I was looking under the customizer.  If you just stay with the standard selections, I see a few shafts like that.  Good heads up.  If the tsi3 fairway had something I liked, I would probably go that route.  

EDIT: nevermind.  When I actually select the shaft, the price goes up haha.  

Edited by radiman
  • Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Just now, endy said:

What lofts and models 

I mean you can go through and check. At a quick glance ... looks like TSi3 fairways in 16.5 and 18 for righties, 16.5 for lefties. TSi2 fairways -- 15 for lefties only. TSi3 drivers, 8 and 11 degrees for righties, 8 degrees for lefties. 

But it's showing up like this on every TSi driver and fairway wood that's still available for custom order. Just click "customize club" and you'll see the options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, eric61 said:

I mean you can go through and check. At a quick glance ... looks like TSi3 fairways in 16.5 and 18 for righties, 16.5 for lefties. TSi2 fairways -- 15 for lefties only. TSi3 drivers, 8 and 11 degrees for righties, 8 degrees for lefties. 

But it's showing up like this on every TSi driver and fairway wood that's still available for custom order. Just click "customize club" and you'll see the options.

Oh wow yeah I missed the “customize” option but you’re right all of those are popping up

• easyyy unfeatured this topic