2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Titleist TSR2, TSR3 & TSR4 driver & TSR2, TSR2+ & TSR3 3 wood - 2022 Travelers

GolfWRX_Spotted

17 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Has anyone pulled the trigger on the TSR2 7 wood? I have a 3 wood coming and added the 7 wood...just because 🙂 . I didn't hit and wondering what performance folks are getting out of it. 

Just ordered mine today in 16.5* and 21* TSR2. Was skeptical of going for the 7 wood but was more consistent than my 2hybrid. Figured I can always sell in spring if I want a 3 hybrid instead

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

One comment about how the VFT may actually work as advertised on the TSR2. 

In a round yesterday.  One of the guys in my group hit a great drive dead straight down the center of the fairway.   We all commented on great drive. 

i followed with what felt like and was a very clear miss off the toe (evidenced by the ball make on the face). I felt l was way short and way right or where he went.  

I found my ball in the right rough but very playable.   I didn’t think anything of it until I looked up and saw his ball while in the fairway was only about 2 yards ahead of me.    Wow!  I mean talk about retaining ball speed on off center hits.   That surprised me as much as some of my longer drives with it have. 

Yeah, same thing when I took it out for 9. The speed retention is crazy. Can't wait for it to come in, going to be a game changer for me 

• Like 2

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X

Have finally hit these and have a little review. 

Drivers:

TRr4: best looking head to me, sound is more tingy than the other 2 models. Performance was good just a little too low spin for me, but that will be good for others. 

TSr3: probably least favorite of the models, sound wasn’t as tingy as the r4 but didn’t have that solid feel. Performance was meh comparatively but wasn’t bad.

TSr2: definitely my favorite of all the models, head shape is much improved from the i2 feel and sound I’d both describe as solid. 

Fairways:

TSr2+: perfectly shaped head to my eye, but I like a larger headed 3w. Actually hit this the highest of all the 3 woods which the fitter and I found a little funny 

TSr3: smaller head size, very rounded off not stretched at all. Feel was okay, too hard for my liking, moved on quickly.

TSr2: weight felt different to me so probably the reason I didn’t hit it well, looked just like the 2+ but smaller. Felt just as good as the 2+ but just spun up a little much. 

• Like 1

TM Qi10 (9*) | Kai’li White 60 X

TM M6 3w (15*) | HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.0

TM Stealth2+ 5w (18*) | HZRDUS Yellow 83 6.5

PXG Gen4 0311 X (20*) | HZRDUS Black 105 6.5 

PXG Gen4 0311 T (4) | DG X100

TM P730 (5-9) | DG X100 

TM MG3 (46.09, 54.13, 60.TW) | DG S300 

TM Spider X Chalk

Ball: Taylormade TP5x 

8 minutes ago, BagofToast said:

Have finally hit these and have a little review. 

Drivers:

TRr4: best looking head to me, sound is more tingy than the other 2 models. Performance was good just a little too low spin for me, but that will be good for others. 

TSr3: probably least favorite of the models, sound wasn’t as tingy as the r4 but didn’t have that solid feel. Performance was meh comparatively but wasn’t bad.

TSr2: definitely my favorite of all the models, head shape is much improved from the i2 feel and sound I’d both describe as solid. 

Fairways:

TSr2+: perfectly shaped head to my eye, but I like a larger headed 3w. Actually hit this the highest of all the 3 woods which the fitter and I found a little funny 

TSr3: smaller head size, very rounded off not stretched at all. Feel was okay, too hard for my liking, moved on quickly.

TSr2: weight felt different to me so probably the reason I didn’t hit it well, looked just like the 2+ but smaller. Felt just as good as the 2+ but just spun up a little much. 

How would you compare the r3 to the i3. Pretty similar?

21 minutes ago, Thumper604 said:

Save your $

your TSi woods are fine.. 

you won’t be on the tour, nobody cares about the 60-100 rpm you see different, and you launch angle is .4 degrees better, which ever way. And your fancy upgrade shaft is like saying “how cool am I, I have money to burn for the next 3-4 weeks on dumb $hit “ 

Enjoy 

Well, you’ve certainly said a mouthful there…one of the best posts I’ve seen anywhere 😳

Edited by stryper
  • Haha 2

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

38 minutes ago, Thumper604 said:

Save your $

you won’t be on the tour, nobody cares about the 60-100 rpm you see different, and you launch angle is .4 degrees better, which ever way. And your fancy upgrade shaft is like saying “how cool am I, I have money to burn for the next 3-4 weeks on dumb $hit “ 

Enjoy 

That's the spirit 😆😆 I bet you are great fun at a party 😆😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Little more feedback. 

When I got the tsr3 8 degree and the tsr2+ I thought the fairway wood would standout the most compared to my tsi3 and tsi2 fairway… but so far the tsr3 driver is really the standout. It’s really really good. Feels hotter and seems more forgiving than the old one. Same shaft. Noticeably a really good experience hitting it. As for the tsi2+ I’m having a hard time with it. For reference I am using a diamana thump 75 x. Does anyone have any good shaft recs? Or does anyone have anymore feedback about this club. I want to figure out a way to get it humming. 

24 minutes ago, zeke66 said:

Little more feedback. 

When I got the tsr3 8 degree and the tsr2+ I thought the fairway wood would standout the most compared to my tsi3 and tsi2 fairway… but so far the tsr3 driver is really the standout. It’s really really good. Feels hotter and seems more forgiving than the old one. Same shaft. Noticeably a really good experience hitting it. As for the tsi2+ I’m having a hard time with it. For reference I am using a diamana thump 75 x. Does anyone have any good shaft recs? Or does anyone have anymore feedback about this club. I want to figure out a way to get it humming. 

What are fighting with the TSR2+? Looking for more or less spin or launch?

I read few comments a while ago about wrenches. I think several OEM's stopped including wrenches because lot of golfers already have them, probably need to request one. My order of TSR2 came without a wrench. I did not expect to receive one anyway. I have about 10-12 of them lying around the house.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

1 minute ago, br61 said:

I read few comments a while ago about wrenches. I think several OEM's stopped including wrenches because lot of golfers already have them, probably need to request one. My order of TSR2 came without a wrench. I did not expect to receive one anyway. I have about 10-12 of them lying around the house.

Titleist sent a full compliment of wrenches to my Edwin Watts that I work part-time at. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

What are fighting with the TSR2+? Looking for more or less spin or launch?

Inconsistent contact. Probably user issue but the thump was really good in the tsi2 3 wood.

it also feels really heavy headed. Measures at D 3.5. Sound and feel a little off for me. I think if I pair it with the right shaft I can straighten this out. 

i want to use it as a tee club or that rare really long shot off the fairway… perfect lie. I might try an atmos or a ventus of some kind. Was thinking the thump would be perfect based on how it worked out on last one so ordered the tsr2 plus with a Hzrdus and jettisoned it. 

23 minutes ago, Pens #1 fan said:

Got to hit my nephews TSR4 with 1K TX, absolutely shocked how forgiving it was. TX way to much for more, but never went left on me

Loving mine so far.  Kinda wish I had gone 8 degree instead of 9.. but I've yet to hit the quick hook with mine. .which is nice...

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

Had a little time to hit the TSR3 and TSR2 drivers tonight. 9 degrees in both, 1K Black stiff in both. (I tweaked my back a couple weeks ago so my speed is down a few MPH right now — 100ish and trying not to push it too hard.)

The 2 is great. Super forgiving. I have a G425 Max right now, and the bad shots where I worry about it spinning up and stalling out (over 3000 when I’ve hit those kinds of shots on sims) were staying at or under 2500 on the 2 tonight. 

I can find all kinds of ways to miss, but my most common miss is high toe and just getting one of those no-spin knuckling hooks. The 2 suits me better on paper in terms of needing forgiveness, but I wanted to try the 3 with the weight all the way out in the toe and see how those would perform. It actually protected me a lot. I had one where I was really shocked — I hit it WAY out in the toe. Like one of those where you cringe before you even look up at the screen. And … it stayed on line! Little draw, somehow carried 265 at about 1800 spin. Not that those are great numbers — but this was a truly terrible swing, and it was a really impressive result. Some of my other swings with the 3 were falling almost into the too-low category spin-wise, slipping under 2000 on good strikes, which was wild to see since I’m a fairly high-spin player typically.

I think I’ll buy one. But I’m now sort of stuck between the 2, which is a great-looking, great-sounding/feeling and great-performing driver with lots of forgiveness, and the 3, which is beyond my capabilities on paper in terms of its forgiveness level but has the sliding weight that protects again my most common miss in a really impressive way.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

46 minutes ago, br61 said:

I had half a dozen Titleist wrenches laying around so gave one to a member here.  I got my TSR2 driver and 16.5* FW today - each one came with a wrench.  😃  It's like the Seinfeld "even Steven" episode.

• Like 3

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

55 minutes ago, FOOTJOY16 said:

Loving mine so far.  Kinda wish I had gone 8 degree instead of 9.. but I've yet to hit the quick hook with mine. .which is nice...

What shaft do you have? I know part of why I didn’t go left was because the shaft was way to stiff. My miss is on the toe and with swing path I miss left a lot. He also had it on upright setting with I was shocked how many times I found middle of face. 

On 9/23/2022 at 5:12 PM, endy said:

I think you’d be happy either way honestly. The UB is really really good but Ventus is Ventus lol 

I hit tsr2 and tsr3 with Ventus black 6s and gd ub 6s today. Currently gaming Ventus black 6s with my sim 2 max so I knew what to expect and liked it. Surprisingly the ub was great. Looked electric and super stable as most gd’s typically are. Planning to go with tsr3 and gd ub. Really looking forward to it. Also tried the same shaft but 7S in tsr2 fairway and lit it up just the same. The gd ub shaft seems like magic from what I saw today.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pens #1 fan said:

What shaft do you have? I know part of why I didn’t go left was because the shaft was way to stiff. My miss is on the toe and with swing path I miss left a lot. He also had it on upright setting with I was shocked how many times I found middle of face. 

Ventus Black TR 6x.. same shaft I played in my TSi3.

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

59 minutes ago, simontam said:

I hit tsr2 and tsr3 with Ventus black 6s and gd ub 6s today. Currently gaming Ventus black 6s with my sim 2 max so I knew what to expect and liked it. Surprisingly the ub was great. Looked electric and super stable as most gd’s typically are. Planning to go with tsr3 and gd ub. Really looking forward to it. Also tried the same shaft but 7S in tsr2 fairway and lit it up just the same. The gd ub shaft seems like magic from what I saw today.

The UB really is such a great shaft. It’s replaced the DI as my absolute favorite fairway wood shaft. It’s similar, just a little tighter and more stable throughout. I have one on the way in a TSR2 16.5 that I can’t wait to hit.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

1 hour ago, eric61 said:

Had a little time to hit the TSR3 and TSR2 drivers tonight. 9 degrees in both, 1K Black stiff in both. (I tweaked my back a couple weeks ago so my speed is down a few MPH right now — 100ish and trying not to push it too hard.)

The 2 is great. Super forgiving. I have a G425 Max right now, and the bad shots where I worry about it spinning up and stalling out (over 3000 when I’ve hit those kinds of shots on sims) were staying at or under 2500 on the 2 tonight. 

I can find all kinds of ways to miss, but my most common miss is high toe and just getting one of those no-spin knuckling hooks. The 2 suits me better on paper in terms of needing forgiveness, but I wanted to try the 3 with the weight all the way out in the toe and see how those would perform. It actually protected me a lot. I had one where I was really shocked — I hit it WAY out in the toe. Like one of those where you cringe before you even look up at the screen. And … it stayed on line! Little draw, somehow carried 265 at about 1800 spin. Not that those are great numbers — but this was a truly terrible swing, and it was a really impressive result. Some of my other swings with the 3 were falling almost into the too-low category spin-wise, slipping under 2000 on good strikes, which was wild to see since I’m a fairly high-spin player typically.

I think I’ll buy one. But I’m now sort of stuck between the 2, which is a great-looking, great-sounding/feeling and great-performing driver with lots of forgiveness, and the 3, which is beyond my capabilities on paper in terms of its forgiveness level but has the sliding weight that protects again my most common miss in a really impressive way.

i had similar results at my fitting.  I didn't buy because i didn't feel i was hitting well and they are doing another one next month at the course.

I play a 410 lst and still fight high spin.  The 2 didn't fit my eye that much and the spin was still a bit high on it it.  The tsr 3 with the weight move 1 click over toe side was a pretty big improvement.  We went through a bunch of shafts and the AD IZ ended up giving me some really good numbers regardless of strike.

Feel and sound better than my ping.  I did have some that were borderline low spin which is not normal for me.  When the rep brought out some prov1 for me to hit they all felt great.  I was swinging a pretty consistent 107-108, which is also down a little for me, but im battling a hip injury right now.

I thought for sure I would go TSR2 because Ive been kind of spraying the driver everywhere the last month after hitting it well most of the year, but the 3 performed the best for me.  Im going to try to heal up and give it another go in a few weeks.

Edited by Unteachable
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, eric61 said:

The UB really is such a great shaft. It’s replaced the DI as my absolute favorite fairway wood shaft. It’s similar, just a little tighter and more stable throughout. I have one on the way in a TSR2 16.5 that I can’t wait to hit.

Tempted to try a UB in my fairway wood now. It’s been incredible in the driver. I thought I’d fit into a Ventus TR but had zero luck. Fitter brought out the UB and it saved my fitting with the TSR3. 

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9° - Tensei Blue X Link 65x

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 16.5° - Tensei Blue RAW 75x

Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW - Modus 115 S

Vokey SM9 50/54/58 - S200

Taylormade MyTP Juno

Titleist Pro V1

5 hours ago, Thumper604 said:

Save your $

Enjoy 

I bet you're the life of the party. All upbeat and continual jokes and laughter.  

Edited by Qegurezi
  • Thanks 1

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

5 hours ago, AvgSlicer said:

How would you compare the r3 to the i3. Pretty similar?

They are yeah, unless you just have the money to spend I’d only upgrade if you’re looking at the 2 or 4 because they’re most improved 

TM Qi10 (9*) | Kai’li White 60 X

TM M6 3w (15*) | HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.0

TM Stealth2+ 5w (18*) | HZRDUS Yellow 83 6.5

PXG Gen4 0311 X (20*) | HZRDUS Black 105 6.5 

PXG Gen4 0311 T (4) | DG X100

TM P730 (5-9) | DG X100 

TM MG3 (46.09, 54.13, 60.TW) | DG S300 

TM Spider X Chalk

Ball: Taylormade TP5x 

• easyyy unfeatured this topic