2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Titleist TSR2, TSR3 & TSR4 driver & TSR2, TSR2+ & TSR3 3 wood - 2022 Travelers

GolfWRX_Spotted

Just now, eric61 said:

It's letting me add it to the cart with those shafts selected. Specifically the UB, Ventus Red and ZF. Dunno what the deal is, but it's letting me check out with those at no upcharge. I'm having a very hard time keeping myself from pulling the trigger, haha.

TSI3 16.5 or 18.0 with Ventus Red 7X or UB 7X/8X is very hard not to order right now 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, eric61 said:

It's letting me add it to the cart with those shafts selected. Specifically the UB, Ventus Red and ZF. Dunno what the deal is, but it's letting me check out with those at no upcharge. I'm having a very hard time keeping myself from pulling the trigger, haha.

Man, I see it now.  If they had a 15*, it would be ordered.  Damn.  Great deal. 

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

9 minutes ago, eric61 said:

Man....so tempting. This happened on the Callaway UW where the Ventus and Trono were somehow no upcharge and a ton of guys on here got one (including me). 

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Just now, halfsumo said:

Man....so tempting. This happened on the Callaway UW where the Ventus and Trono were somehow no upcharge and a ton of guys on here got one (including me). 

Yep, same here! Haha. If you head back to that thread, you'll see I was the one who posted that too. 😆

• Like 4

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

Very interested to hear on course feedback on the TSR4, especially anyone with moderate swing speed. The option to swap weights is a big bonus on this, just hate the stretched out bigger looking heads, TSR4 looks great.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

1 hour ago, Rosco1216 said:

Anybody do a pre order from DD around 9/8 with a stock shaft offering and still not get it or any indication of shipment? I put original order in on 9/3 and then when I heard the tx was a no up charge option I modified it on 9/8. DD said my order probably got pushed to 9/8 but the real release isn’t until 9/30 and some people receiving theirs are just fortunate. 🤨

I ordered TSR3 8 and 15 deg with the 1k black 75x and 85x on 9/7.  Then found out TX was no upcharge so emailed them 9/8 to change to that. I haven't been charged and don't have shipping notification yet. Plan to sell both shafts after trying them out but I don't think changing shafts has delayed my order a whole lot. I'm not in much of a rush to get them otherwise I'd be a little more bummed after seeing so many people order from Titleist and get theirs sooner. I'll take the longer wait after saving as much as I did between the two buying from them.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

2 hours ago, LongStaff said:

I went to my local dicks and they had the tsr3 with 6.5 hzrdus 4g. Snagged it and used a gift card I had. Now I gotta try it out later to see if I need to find a ventus blue or tr to replace it. 

Right in the same boat with you on that one. Local shop luckily had One I snagged it up for now.

1 hour ago, eric61 said:

1 hour ago, endy said:

TSI3 16.5 or 18.0 with Ventus Red 7X or UB 7X/8X is very hard not to order right now 

I was just gonna buy a tsr2 16.5 this morning but decided to hold off. This might be a gift that happened to land in my lap. Might actually put this order in right now. Never hit either UB or ventus red but a ventus is a ventus am I right?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mliedtke02 said:

Who uses stock shafts anyway?  This is WRX

Homer Simpson Backs Into Bushes | Know Your Meme

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

15 hours ago, bobfoster said:

Pre ordered last week (through Dallas Golf this time). TSR2 FW 15* and 18*, w/ a  CK Pro Blue 60R shaft. Ordered it overnight shipping (because I have, like, the patience of a gnat). Knew the full public release was 9/23, but didn't actually think I'd get it until next week. Lo and behold, I just got my FedEx tracking number this afternoon - so turns out I'm actually going to get them 9/23. Arriving tomorrow, to be put in the bag Saturday. So jacked. 

'Kay guys, I get I'm adding absolutely zero to the conversation here, just had to tell someone that would understand what a great feeling it is to drool over the thought of coming home tomorrow to new clubs on the doorstep. 

But the folks there tell me the TSR Hybrids aren't going to be released until next fall. What's up with that? I mean, the new line of Drivers and FWs get dropped now, and the Hybrids a year from now? Isn't it kind of the same design/manufacturing reconfiguration? 

[Apologies if this has already been answered - can't really read through 61 pages of this thread to find it ... ;)] 

Hybrid release schedule switched to 2 year cycle with the irons line-up a while ago.  Titleist looked at the hybrids as a tool to gap between your longest playable iron and your fairway wood.  If I had to put money on it, I'd say the TSR hybrid (or whatever they call it) will be out spring 2023, not fall of 2023 when the new irons come out.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, eric61 said:

Just a heads up -- on PGA Tour Superstore's website, some lofts of the TSi woods are still available for custom order. For some reason, they have the Ventus Red w/ VeloCore, the Graphite Design Tour AD UB, and the Diamana ZF listed at this moment without any upcharge.

Last time they had an error like this, I called and told them ... they first implied I didn't know what I was talking about in terms of what's supposed to have an upcharge and what isn't, and then didn't bother to fix it for like almost a week. This time I'm just sharing it here.

Thanks for the info was able to place an order. Appreciate it 

• Like 2

had to run out and see what the fuss was about. Mainly I was really interested in seeing how they refined the shape of the 2. They nailed it. Still a little bigger footprint then I’d typically gravitate towards. But, is more traditional now. And the thought of point and shoot drives is appealing. Gave it a few swings and I’m big fan of the feel. Ball speed was good. Wish I had time to do a more thorough testing. 

image.jpeg.1d440dfffecf00dfb0379eb8dc41aad9.jpeg

• Like 2

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I wanted to mention also that I hit the Tensei Black 65X.  It's not bad.  It doesn't quite feel like other Tensei shafts I have hit in the past though which was kind of disappointing.  Before I decide to do anything, I will need to get in with my Stealth+ and really put these different ones to the test.  I may end up waiting until next Spring though.  I hate hate hate trying to test indoors.  I am not mentally strong enough to put the same swing on the ball.

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Called my local shop. They had 1 TSR4 head available to buy at 9*...ran over and snagged it. New Ventus Black TR 6X will be arriving this afternoon via UPS. Testing on the quad to come tonight/tomorrow AM. More numbers to come. 

• Like 2

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

1 minute ago, BCC1898 said:

Why is Titleist's cost for the Ventus so far out of whack?  Is it to protect their agreement with Graphite Design?

$350 is retail I guess.  Callaway is the same last I checked.  Taylormade and Cobra are about $100 less on them I believe.  

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

19 minutes ago, GolfChicago91 said:

So I tested the TSR 3 on course and on a monitor and figured I was going this route.  Called PGASS last night and put a TSR3 with the 1k Black X flex on hold.  Showed up today when they opened to pick it up, and the Titleist rep happened to be there.  

I started shooting the sh*t with him and was hitting the TSR3 setup I had planned on buying (the demo one), and he was watching me swing it.  He said, "hey I want you to just trust me and try something".  He had me hit the 4.  He explained what they did with it versus the pervious years, and how this was definitely the most improved head from previous models of the three options.  In terms of forgiveness, he said it'll be better on high/low face misses, where the 3 would have a bit more forgiveness on the heel/toe misses.

Long story short, my misses were actually better with the 4 than the 3 in terms of movement offline, distance, etc..  My spin numbers were better (averaged about 2400 rpm), and I was about 8 yds longer carry on avg with the TSR4 over the 3.  I also tried the UB shaft, which I was more than pleasantly surprised with, but they didn't have one in a 4 head, so just got the stock 1k black for now.

TLDR: I went to pickup my TSR 3, walked out with the TSR 4 because it was all around better for my swing.  Getting it out on the course today!

Was on the fence about ordering a TSR4 today.  I have the TSR3 and have been hitting it the past 2 days on my SkyTrak.  I've happily played the TSi3 the past year and love it.  Figured the TSR3 would be better or just as good, either of which I'd be happy with.  Well I've been less than blown away the past 2 days with it but will get it out to the course this weekend.  Was sitting here trying to decide if maybe I should get a TSR4 and just give it a whirl.  Then depending on how that goes either sell the TSR3 or TSR4 (or both of them) and just stick with the TSi3.  Your post here just made me decide to order a TSR4...just hit the Order button.  Thanks for helping me spend another $640 I didn't need to...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR3 Driver - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Callaway Apex Pro 3H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY

Callaway X-Forged UT 23* - Steelfiber HLS 880
Mizuno Pro 243 5i-PW - Dynamic Gold 105
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 58* - Dynamic Gold 105
Byron Morgan 615 - Fujikura MC Firm
Callaway Chrome Tour

6 minutes ago, BCC1898 said:

Just unsual to charge retail for any shaft upgrade.

Yeah, I wish it wasn't the case.  Taking a $600 driver and turning it into a $950 driver isn't all that appealing haha. 

• Like 1

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

2 minutes ago, PowerCobra98 said:

Was on the fence about ordering a TSR4 today.  I have the TSR3 and have been hitting it the past 2 days on my SkyTrak.  I've happily played the TSi3 the past year and love it.  Figured the TSR3 would be better or just as good, either of which I'd be happy with.  Well I've been less than blown away the past 2 days with it but will get it out to the course this weekend.  Was sitting here trying to decide if maybe I should get a TSR4 and just give it a whirl.  Then depending on how that goes either sell the TSR3 or TSR4 (or both of them) and just stick with the TSi3.  Your post here just made me decide to order a TSR4...just hit the Order button.  Thanks for helping me spend another $640 I didn't need to...

I am willing to accept and take full responsibility for this 🤣

I hope you enjoy it.  I didn't think it'd be a good fit at all on paper but it really worked well for me.  I will most likely still try new shaft combos though in the near future.  Thinking of trying a VA Nemesys in it first, although the UB felt great.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VanTheMan0519 said:

Looks like PGASS fixed the glitch lol

Not yet they haven't. You have to go to customize to see it.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

17 minutes ago, PowerCobra98 said:

Welcome to the Club....I have all three and the 2+.  lol

• Haha 2

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

• easyyy unfeatured this topic