2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

*Graphite Design Lovers Anonymous* Tour AD UB vs IZ vs XC and NOW vs TP! ...and HD....and VR

3 hours ago, JD3 said:

A lot time the difference in weight between S and X GD shafts is a gram and torque doesn't change. So how can there be a full flex difference with such a small weight increase and no effect on torque?

Material layup and placement which in turn effects CPMs 

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

The BB 8X in my Stealth 2 Plus 3 wood is prob the best combo I've ever played. Still waiting on my TSR3 with the XC 7X but I have high expectations based on what I understand about the shaft. I have a U500 3 iron on the drying rack now with a AD 95X driving iron shaft, excited to get it out to the course! 

12 hours ago, JD3 said:

I'm a big fan of the GD DI driving iron shaft. Just put one in my 3 utility iron. Steal for less than $100 brand new. Don't know why this hasn't caught on. It feels more like a firm iron shaft to me than the "puffy" GD hybrid i had before. Both are great though, just preference. 

Funny, I've been hitting one for about 2 months now and I've been fighting the urge to reshaft it.  I have one in a U500. 

I just can't get used to the feel, to the point I'd say I don't like it.  When I hit it, it goes, but I'm very inconsistent with it. 

The EI profile is nothing like most of the other GD shafts.  It's actually on my to-do list to find a driving iron shaft that is more like a GD or my Modus 120's.  The MMT's look interesting. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, R_Swanson said:

Funny, I've been hitting one for about 2 months now and I've been fighting the urge to reshaft it.  I have one in a U500. 

I just can't get used to the feel, to the point I'd say I don't like it.  When I hit it, it goes, but I'm very inconsistent with it. 

The EI profile is nothing like most of the other GD shafts.  It's actually on my to-do list to find a driving iron shaft that is more like a GD or my Modus 120's.  The MMT's look interesting. 

I hear you. i think they were trying to replicate EI of a steel shaft and that's why it feels that way. I like it. Firm and consistent but with no loss of the legendary feel. Oth MMTs utility iron shaft does look interesting...I've been tempted to try it too 🤔

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW 17.5 Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon ZX MKII 3UT MMT 95

Callaway X Forged CB 21' 4-PW Modus 120

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

4 hours ago, JD3 said:

I hear you. i think they were trying to replicate EI of a steel shaft and that's why it feels that way. I like it. Firm and consistent but with no loss of the legendary feel. Oth MMTs utility iron shaft does look interesting...I've been tempted to try it too 🤔

Thats what I read - but its a weird profile, at least to me.  Even KBS's, which often follow the "line" in these profiles, usually have more butt stiffness.

1953937051_EI_Profile_GDirons.JPG.97ed94e49902a67e24431dddd01e2043.JPG

After fitting this week with titleist, I’m now gaming UB8tx and UB9tx in 15.75 and 20.25 TSR2 fairway woods & they really do hold off spin better than most. I also find the UB to be super fade biased in my setup which is a nice plus. 

Coming from Diamana BF 70TX/80TX in my TS2 setup, and I find UB play a bit stiffer in the tip section. This (for me) actually equates to a pretty similar launch with 350-500 less spin. I went from about 4200rpms in 3w to 3800 with virtually no change to launch. This made me feel a little more confident to “go after it” without a ballooning strike. 

All together a pretty nice outcome & I do think these have a little less kick then a VentusBlue/BF/TB blue profile, but still sweet as heck. And the number of course are paramount. 

Edited by goje22
TX not X
  • Like 3

On 4/23/2023 at 10:30 PM, codyallard said:

Loving the Tp 6x in my driver.  

also loving the di 7x and 95 in my fairway and hybrid

Very similar setup. I use the TP 6S in my TSI3 driver and DI 7S in my TRS2 fairway. Have a Ventus Blue in my hybrid; never tried the DI hybrid. 

Edited by JPS_17

Any of you go from a stiff to a stiff regular graphite design shaft?  results? Currently play the IZ5s thinking of going IZ or DI SR.....

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

On 4/22/2023 at 10:00 AM, JD3 said:

I'm a big fan of the GD DI driving iron shaft. Just put one in my 3 utility iron. Steal for less than $100 brand new. Don't know why this hasn't caught on. It feels more like a firm iron shaft to me than the "puffy" GD hybrid i had before. Both are great though, just preference. 

Me too.  I love the GD Driving iron shaft. It’s been very accurate for me, along with great feel.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

16 hours ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

Me too.  I love the GD Driving iron shaft. It’s been very accurate for me, along with great feel.

Same. I think it is a very polarizing shaft with the amount that it loads (for me at least), but I find it super consistent and hits my 3 iron window perfectly. 

It was my first GD shaft that I just bought a month ago and now I think I’ve caught the illness that everyone in this thread has…now I have IZ 7s’ in my 3 and 7 wood and am wanting to try a GD shaft in my driver, but my Kai’Li white seems to be doing ok for the moment (or at least that’s what I’m telling myself for now). 

Another GD shaft enters the bag. Was fit into a TSR3 4H with a AD DI 8S. Kicked the Sim2 Rescue with Ventus Blue out of the bag. Really surprised by the distance and accuracy gains. Current wood set up now: TSi3 10* with AD TP 6S, TSR2 18* with AD DI 7S and now a TSR3 21* with AD DI Hybrid 8S. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 7:09 AM, third-times-a-charm said:

So in testing into this TD model fairway I have an opportunity to see if I can raise spin and launch a hair with a GD shaft for realisies. My trusty GP (which is tipped an extra .5" from the GD rec) is about 300RPM or so too low right now IMO. 

In true ho fashion I have an IZ 7 coming Friday to drop in instead and we'll see how that goes. I actually have not tried an IZ in fairways yet surprisingly enough so we'll see how it goes as I liked the IZ 6 in driver.

In other news my wife finally went and is starting to play again and she loves her IZ 4 R2 shafts in fairways.

Currently playing an IZ7 in my TSi3 3+. For the last month (18+ rounds) I've alternated between it and a DI7. The only reason I go back to the DI is because it's SO freakin' consistent & dependable. But the IZ is a little flatter & longer, with a little less spin, while still able to hold a green. It's growing on me and the flatter flight is really proving beneficial in the Spring winds around here.

• Like 1

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

I'm absolutely loving the UB in tsr3. It launched mid/high mid low spin to my eye. I was going to put a top on my Ventus blue TR. As of now I see no need to do that. 

I first used a GD shaft way back in the original Nike driver!! YS something. Loved them then and still do. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 9:36 AM, nitram said:

Currently playing an IZ7 in my TSi3 3+. For the last month (18+ rounds) I've alternated between it and a DI7. The only reason I go back to the DI is because it's SO freakin' consistent & dependable. But the IZ is a little flatter & longer, with a little less spin, while still able to hold a green. It's growing on me and the flatter flight is really proving beneficial in the Spring winds around here.

I glued up the new IZ 7 in my TD 3 wood to test out but I havent touched a golf club in two weeks aside from club work 😂 been so busy.

Flightscope still has my MEVO in for warranty testing so cant get numbers anyway.

In other news I had $50 credit at golfpartner for buying a bunch of clubs (to pull GD shafts out) last year so I grabbed a driver with a TP 6 in it for like $75 shipped.

Guess i'm testing the TP vs DI as well when I get back to the range.

• Like 3

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

2 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I glued up the new IZ 7 in my TD 3 wood to test out but I havent touched a golf club in two weeks aside from club work 😂 been so busy.

Flightscope still has my MEVO in for warranty testing so cant get numbers anyway.

In other news I had $50 credit at golfpartner for buying a bunch of clubs (to pull GD shafts out) last year so I grabbed a driver with a TP 6 in it for like $75 shipped.

Guess i'm testing the TP vs DI as well when I get back to the range.

In my testing the difference between the TP and DI is very similar to the differences between the Ventus and Ventus TR.  A little tighter everywhere.  Interesting to hear what you find.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, B.Easy said:

In my testing the difference between the TP and DI is very similar to the differences between the Ventus and Ventus TR.  A little tighter everywhere.  Interesting to hear what you find.

Agree 100%. That’s why I use the TP in my driver - similar feel, but it gives me the ability to go after it when the opportunity arises.

5W, and now 4H, have the DI since those are always controlled swings. And it also allows me to work the ball both directions easier. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, B.Easy said:

3 minutes ago, JPS_17 said:

Agree 100%. That’s why I use the TP in my driver - similar feel, but it gives me the ability to go after it when the opportunity arises.

5W, and now 4H, have the DI since those are always controlled swings. And it also allows me to work the ball both directions easier. 

The longest I've ever hit was with a TP 6 in driver (with an Epic Speed DS TC). Not sure why I sold it but I'm retarded so thats why I'm here with a new shaft every 6 weeks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Definitely do not call yourself names, u are perfectly normal on this site. Plus Im way dumber then u

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

3 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

The longest I've ever hit was with a TP 6 in driver (with an Epic Speed DS TC). Not sure why I sold it but I'm retarded so thats why I'm here with a new shaft every 6 weeks.

That makes me your brother from another mother.  Shaft ho to the max here. 

• Like 3

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

7 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I can relate to this.  I've kept the TSR3 + VA Drago combination in the bag since I bought it. Nothing else has touched the course. Its been very stable and dependable

But that hasn't stopped me from accumulating driver shafts like its going out of style.  And testing them again (and again) on the launch monitor at GG.  

Many of them will go up on BST in the near future.  But a select few, like the XC 7X my phone "butt purchased" for me on eBay, aren't going anywhere...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

7 hours ago, hagimihale said:

I can relate to this.  I've kept the TSR3 + VA Drago combination in the bag since I bought it. Nothing else has touched the course. Its been very stable and dependable

But that hasn't stopped me from accumulating driver shafts like its going out of style.  And testing them again (and again) on the launch monitor at GG.  

Many of them will go up on BST in the near future.  But a select few, like the XC 7X my phone "butt purchased" for me on eBay, aren't going anywhere...

Same boat, in woods over the last few months I’ve put ad di 10, ub9tx, ub8tx, tp 7tx, and just dropped off iz 8tx, 7tx to get tips put on. 10x and 9tx are currently in the bag. Currently have rip x tx in driver. I want some GD smooth

• Like 1

19 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

no way im the worst shaft ho ever, i have had 11 driver shafts in the past 2 months in and out of the bag. Main problem is that I couldnt decide on the driver head between Paradym and TSR. TSR clearly wins for me, but the shaft search has been intense. 3 shafts remain for the driver, AD DI, AD HD, AD XC, and the AD DI won the 3 wood shaft ho down

• Like 2

19 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Losing shaft list

Green NV

AD UB

AD IZ

Ventus Blue

Ventus Red

Kaili Blue/White/Red

Diamana S+

Hzrdus black/Grey/CB

Tensei Black/Blue/White

Oban Tour Blue/Kiyoshi Purple

MMT 60

I have issues

5 minutes ago, ob1soccer said:

Losing shaft list

Green NV

AD UB

AD IZ

Ventus Blue

Ventus Red

Kaili Blue/White/Red

Diamana S+

Hzrdus black/Grey/CB

Tensei Black/Blue/White

Oban Tour Blue/Kiyoshi Purple

MMT 60

I have issues

You need intense therapy ASAP.  Does your wife know about your addiction?  Lol. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

You need intense therapy ASAP.  Does your wife know about your addiction?  Lol. 

no she has no idea, all the boxes get delivered to work and i use my paypal, so no records on the bank statement. Good thing its only a shaft issue.

• Haha 1