2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Jack vs Tiger

mikealex07

On a quick side note….have emojis been banned?  All that shows up is a little question mark box.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

4 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Greatness is (in) sports is often the result of a “character flaw”

Obsession with winning at all costs and never say die. 

Although you could argue that many “paragons” across a spectrum of stages were deeply flawed.

Winston Churchill. Obstinate, refusal to take counsel resulting in disastrous and tragic results on multiple levels, extremely bigoted. Yet, you could argue he practically saved Western Civilization lol

As far as you thinking that grown men idolize sports stars in ignorance of their own natures. You underestimate the ability of most to compartmentalize their awe struck giddiness at an individuals performance on the field from any actual idolizing the individual and their character (or lack therof) on the whole. 

This makes me think of the times I’ve heard a player/competitor say they were driven by being snubbed. Or hearing that a great athlete refuses to lose at anything in their life. Whether it’s a casual game of tik tac toe or the “big game” is irrelevant. I can see where that can be seen as a character flaw as I’ve always felt it was mentally healthy to not hold onto grudges and not have a chip on your shoulder. I can see how that can translate into success on the “field” and sometimes problems off it. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2023 at 7:52 AM, Ferguson said:

I hope so. 

🍾 🌋🐊

They seem to still work. I think they may have had to be temporarily suspended due to over-use of the eggplant emoji in the partner matching section. So many people misunderstand that section trust me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

It is almost a slap in the face for Jordan, Jack, etc. to still be the GOAT having not played the game for decades.  If either were still the GOAT then that would mean that the generation that was watching them while growing up weren't paying attention, yet where given bigger, faster, and stronger bodies to start with.  Coaching and training modalities have evolved and are undoubtedly better than ever. All that while athletes are presenting bigger, faster, and stronger packages to work start with.  Lebron is the GOAT as is Tiger, for now.  The 18 to 15 debate is a horrible one because it is much more difficult to win a championship or a major in todays game than it was in previous generations so the next GOAT of golf will not likely reach 15 majors, but rest assured the next Tiger will be a bigger, faster, stronger version and will have to be to be dominant among ever evolving athletes. 

Scientifically if you think that Jordan or Jack would literally transport themselves into today and be equally dominant that is just simply wrong.  Now then if you said that Jordan or Jack would come forward with their same mental determination, but in a bigger faster stronger package, you would have a much better argument.  Jordan wouldn't be 6'6" 185lbs when he entered the league (Steph Curry was 6' 2" 185lbs for reference), he'd be 6'9" 220 because he simply wouldn't be able to dominate today's NBA if he wasn't.  Wait until the next version of Kevin Durant evolves and enters the NBA at 7' and 270 pounds with all of his skills. It will be borderline unfair, but it will then boil down to how tough that athlete is mentally.  Just like the next Tiger will be built more like DJ than Rory I assure you as this is the same across the board in all sports that continue to have athletes injected into the sport. There will be another GOAT at some point and they will be a mixture of all the strongest attributes of those that came before them for this is the evolution of the athlete.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

🍾 🌋🐊

They seem to still work. I think they may have had to be temporarily suspended due to over-use of the eggplant emoji in the partner matching section. So many people misunderstand that section trust me!

Had a great aunt who used to make very good eggplant parm. She wasn't a great person by any means, just a good cook and my dad's aunt. 

🍆  

• Haha 1

Most Famous Quotes

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

48 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

My motto

Its better to look good than to feel good

Exactly - the world belongs to the (us) beautiful people.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - as long as you are beautiful.

Superficiality is the mantra of the non-beautiful.

I'm off now to get my beauty sleep.

• Haha 2

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

• 2 weeks later...

I am just happy to have been fortunate to have watched both. 

Jack just being Jack on a course, not flashy, just gettin' stuff done, and always the sportsman. 

Guys chipping on him when he was younger, making all manner of bs comments from the gallery because they were arnold luddites. 

He took a lot of grief as he was slaying dragons.

As for Tiiger, I have never seen one so dominant for such a extended period. Never saw the boys from way back, doing a 13 straight wins, or playing on a completely broken body. 

When the rest of the tour virtually agreed that they were all playing for 2nd place if Tiger was around defined what a presence he was on the course. That he was #1 in the world forever. I don't know how anyone ever touches that again.

He was incredible to watch. A slay your dragon competitor, and showed it.

Regardless, my nod goes to Jack.

The reason is quite simple, I look at the equipment he played, the course condition he played, and the level of competition he had to cover to win.

Tiger did not ever have the level of competition Jack dealt with IMO. Ever. The boys around him were softer than pudding.

Tiger didn't have to go against a Arnold, a Player, a Watson, a Trevino, a Floyd, and on it goes. The list of players Jack had to best was to me undeniably at a much greater level than TIger.

Then add in that the way Jack led his life, trumps it all. Being totally dedicated to his family while accomplishing what he did is quite remarkable. They say Tiger had better talent, but did he really?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 2:31 PM, Dutch1008 said:

Nobody will universally agree on anything. There are Boston nuts who think Russell > Jordan because 11 > 6. 

I believe a worthy opinion should rest on more than a single data point. I'm not offended by 18>15 but I certainly don't find it a definitive end of a discussion. 

Russell was better than Jordan. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 12/20/2022 at 6:06 PM, daegyu said:

I think this runs contrary to your opinion. Modern technology usually favors the less skilled. I don't think the advancement in technology would've helped widen the gap between Jack and the field, it would probably have done the opposite. Just like Tiger had a bigger advantage over his peers when he was hitting steel shafted drivers. If all of the PGA tour had to use blades and bulls-eye putters like they did in the 60s/70s, I think Tiger would've fared better than in the era of 460cc drivers and high MOI broomstick putters. 

I think 2000 Tiger would've beat any golfer in history. Tiger's absolute peak was better than anyone else's. Jack had a longer period of sustained success and more majors, but best vs best I think Tiger had an additional gear that nobody else had. 

^^^^^^^^^^

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

1 hour ago, ahenderX said:

Russell was better than Jordan. 

No he wasn’t.  But they played completely different positions, so no point arguing it. And I’m a huge Russell and Bird and pre-Bird era Celts fan, FWIW. No point arguing who was better between Cousy and Baylor, Havlicek and Chamberlain. 

Edited by Hawkeye77
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 5:55 AM, Righty to Lefty said:

It is almost a slap in the face for Jordan, Jack, etc. to still be the GOAT having not played the game for decades.  If either were still the GOAT then that would mean that the generation that was watching them while growing up weren't paying attention, yet where given bigger, faster, and stronger bodies to start with.  Coaching and training modalities have evolved and are undoubtedly better than ever. All that while athletes are presenting bigger, faster, and stronger packages to work start with.  Lebron is the GOAT as is Tiger, for now.  The 18 to 15 debate is a horrible one because it is much more difficult to win a championship or a major in todays game than it was in previous generations so the next GOAT of golf will not likely reach 15 majors, but rest assured the next Tiger will be a bigger, faster, stronger version and will have to be to be dominant among ever evolving athletes. 

Scientifically if you think that Jordan or Jack would literally transport themselves into today and be equally dominant that is just simply wrong.  Now then if you said that Jordan or Jack would come forward with their same mental determination, but in a bigger faster stronger package, you would have a much better argument.  Jordan wouldn't be 6'6" 185lbs when he entered the league (Steph Curry was 6' 2" 185lbs for reference), he'd be 6'9" 220 because he simply wouldn't be able to dominate today's NBA if he wasn't.  Wait until the next version of Kevin Durant evolves and enters the NBA at 7' and 270 pounds with all of his skills. It will be borderline unfair, but it will then boil down to how tough that athlete is mentally.  Just like the next Tiger will be built more like DJ than Rory I assure you as this is the same across the board in all sports that continue to have athletes injected into the sport. There will be another GOAT at some point and they will be a mixture of all the strongest attributes of those that came before them for this is the evolution of the athlete.  

None of what you wrote is science; it’s all your thoughts and opinions and unintentional hyperbole. Made me laugh though. 

• Like 2

Tiger is probably the most talented golfer between the two (but what do I know… I’m 45 years old and never saw prime Jack!). Having seen Tiger up close in person from 1992-now, he was just a freak, and everything looked different when he swung a golf club, with the ball flight it produced. I’m sure Jack was the same way. But nobody really made runs at Tiger like the type of players Jack faced. If I have it right, Jack was easily not the most likable player or a fan favorite. There were players like Palmer, Trevino, Watson, Ballesteros, that fans would gravity to and root for because they had charisma and put a charge into the crowd. Isn’t that true? 

Tiger dealt with none of that. Mickelson was a mental midget compared to those champions. Tiger was supposedly worried about Mickelson’s talent, but really..? Tiger saw him choke so much there’s no way a closer like he would ever be too concerned if Phil was getting close down the stretch. 2002 US Open. Tiger benefited from the freedom of fearlessness because of a lack of crowd favorites types and great play down the stretch. Tiger won majors, but almost everyone in contention folded between 2000-2008. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oy, here we go again…😏

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

10 hours ago, OBbogey5 said:

None of what you wrote is science; it’s all your thoughts and opinions and unintentional hyperbole. Made me laugh though. 

I laugh then that you have obviously never taken exercise science or kinesiology classes as that thesis came from a PhD professor during my time in college, where he stated that "Due to the evolution of the athlete, the GOAT in any sport, so long as athletes continue to be injected into that sport, exists today," and the whole premise was to prove it to be true or false. I am not talking just about golf, I am referring to all sport, except boxing where the best athletes stopped choosing it and some went into MMA and such. The only other scenario of a GOAT existing in a distant generation is when a physical outlier comes along for which the game has never seen before or up until this point, and the most obvious example of this is Shaq.  

I was thinking exactly as you were and laughing as I grew up on Jordan but it was later proven correct.  The only current sport that has had athletes continually injected into it that likely still has a case that the GOAT existed generations ago is hockey as no one is yet to display Wayne Gretzky's level of dominance but I assure you one day there will be another and he will be a bigger, faster, stronger version of the best that came before him.  There are people that ride the bench in pro sports that have exact same or better physical attributes of someone previously thought to be the GOAT. The problem is those same physical attributes exert an ever decreasing level of dominance on the competition which is also improving.  This is why the next Tiger, Lebron, Gretzky, etc, will have to be bigger, faster, and stronger and it is mandatory regardless of how tough that person is mentally. Carl Lewis was 6' 2" and 176 pounds and Usain Bolt is 6'5" and 208 pounds and the 100 meter dash is the truest measure of the evolution of the athlete....I REST MY CASE!! 

Just wait until a guy comes into the NBA at 7 foot and 270 pounds with Kevin Durant's skill set, it will literally be unfair and it will happen one day and Jordan or Lebron or whoever you think is the GOAT will be no longer.  The metric of championships compared across generations is not a correct one because as the sport and the athletes evolve championships become more and more difficult to achieve so the championships accrued by future GOATS will most likely be less.  Tom Brady is a statistical outlier because he is not the most talented QB ever to play the game yet he has accumulated the most championships, and that is a rare occurrence. 

There will be another Tiger. He will be a bigger, faster, stronger version with and equivalent or better mental drive and determination and will most likely not get to 15 majors because the athletes around him will be even better also.  This is not my opinion, it is purely science driven. I have my favorite athletes also but Tiger would simply mow over previous generations and it really isn't a debate.  Have you seen Oklahoma's softball team....they are athletic marvels and would crush all that came before them! My professor also correctly predicted that the competitive landscape across college football would spread out more because more athletes are available and he was correct. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Righty to Lefty said:

I laugh then that you have obviously never taken exercise science or kinesiology classes as that thesis came from a PhD professor during my time in college, where he stated that "Due to the evolution of the athlete, the GOAT in any sport, so long as athletes continue to be injected into that sport, exists today," and the whole premise was to prove it to be true or false. I am not talking just about golf, I am referring to all sport, except boxing where the best athletes stopped choosing it and some went into MMA and such. The only other scenario of a GOAT existing in a distant generation is when a physical outlier comes along for which the game has never seen before or up until this point, and the most obvious example of this is Shaq.  

I was thinking exactly as you were and laughing as I grew up on Jordan but it was later proven correct.  The only current sport that has had athletes continually injected into it that likely still has a case that the GOAT existed generations ago is hockey as no one is yet to display Wayne Gretzky's level of dominance but I assure you one day there will be another and he will be a bigger, faster, stronger version of the best that came before him.  There are people that ride the bench in pro sports that have exact same or better physical attributes of someone previously thought to be the GOAT. The problem is those same physical attributes exert an ever decreasing level of dominance on the competition which is also improving.  This is why the next Tiger, Lebron, Gretzky, etc, will have to be bigger, faster, and stronger and it is mandatory regardless of how tough that person is mentally. Carl Lewis was 6' 2" and 176 pounds and Usain Bolt is 6'5" and 208 pounds and the 100 meter dash is the truest measure of the evolution of the athlete....I REST MY CASE!! 

Just wait until a guy comes into the NBA at 7 foot and 270 pounds with Kevin Durant's skill set, it will literally be unfair and it will happen one day and Jordan or Lebron or whoever you think is the GOAT will be no longer.  The metric of championships compared across generations is not a correct one because as the sport and the athletes evolve championships become more and more difficult to achieve so the championships accrued by future GOATS will most likely be less.  Tom Brady is a statistical outlier because he is not the most talented QB ever to play the game yet he has accumulated the most championships, and that is a rare occurrence. 

There will be another Tiger. He will be a bigger, faster, stronger version with and equivalent or better mental drive and determination and will most likely not get to 15 majors because the athletes around him will be even better also.  This is not my opinion, it is purely science driven. I have my favorite athletes also but Tiger would simply mow over previous generations and it really isn't a debate.  Have you seen Oklahoma's softball team....they are athletic marvels and would crush all that came before them! My professor also correctly predicted that the competitive landscape across college football would spread out more because more athletes are available and he was correct. 

Theres an element of truth in what you say. 

But the devil is in the details. There are aspects of golf in which there’s diminishing returns for pure size and even speed. 

Given that putting requires as much physical prowess and flat out speed as…darts 🎯 🤣

And that half the strokes in golf are putts. And another good percentage are under 120 yards/greenside 

I think it’s far more likely the “next Tiger”

Has the same swing speed and distance as TW 1.0, relative to accuracy off the tee/long approach shots. 

And equals Tiger in terms of short game and putting. 

The next Tiger…is Tiger, in effect. 

The odds favor this is someone 6’1 or less with the same flat out fast twitch speed as TW. But who also has the short game skills (for which size is meaningless)

Than a 6’5 guy who can carry 360 and has the short game skills needed to be the “next Tiger”

Keep in mind, even though people are “getting taller” in general. Men 6’2 or taller is still under 5% of total men in the us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

But the devil is in the details. There are aspects of golf in which there’s diminishing returns for pure size and even speed. 

Given that putting requires as much physical prowess and flat out speed as…darts 🎯 🤣

And that half the strokes in golf are putts. And another good percentage are under 120 yards/greenside 

Has the same swing speed and distance as TW 1.0, relative to accuracy off the tee/long approach shots. 

The odds favor this is someone 6’1 or less with the same flat out fast twitch speed as TW. But who also has the short game skills (for which size is meaningless)

Than a 6’5 guy who can carry 360 and has the short game skills needed to be the “next Tiger”

Keep in mind, even though people are “getting taller” in general. Men 6’2 or taller is still under 5% of total men in the us. 

Americans are actually getting shorter, on average, I believe. Just read that somewhere.

• Like 1

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

2 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Keep in mind, even though people are “getting taller” in general. Men 6’2” or taller is still under 5% of total me. In the US

And a couple days ago I read that only 1-2% of people in America with a gym membership can bench press 225lbs or more… 

I’m becoming a real legend in my own mind! 😊

Oh yeah, Tiger n Jack both phenomenal. Either 1-2, or 2-1. Silly to compare 😉 

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

We have not reached that point and the easiest way to tell will be when the 100 meter record stands for at least 40 years.  If Tiger were coming into today's game exactly as he was he very likely doesn't reach 15 majors because other golfers such as DJ, Rory, Rahm, etc. would pick off majors from him.  He would have to be a bigger faster stronger version of himself to exert dominance over those guys because their A games would have them being much more competitive against apex Tiger.  Apex Tiger what 2 or 3 in driving distance, where nowadays there are some 50 guys at least that hit it just as far as apex Tiger.  

You can have the best short game on the planet but you are going to get whooped if you don't hit it far enough off the tee.  

"Than a 6’5 guy who can carry 360 and has the short game skills needed to be the “next Tiger”

^^^^^^

This is exactly what would be required to do today's field what Tiger did over such and extended period of time.  And you know what's gonna happen when that person comes along and dominates better competition and "only" gets 10 majors because the competition is better? We are going to say that Tiger is still the GOAT cause he got 15.  By then it will be accepted that Jack isn't the GOAT cause he will have played too long ago but then the vicious cycle will repeat!

The rules of the general population do not apply to elite athletes in that space and it really doesn't apply to athletes being considered the GOAT.  

Edited by Righty to Lefty

18 minutes ago, Righty to Lefty said:

We have not reached that point and the easiest way to tell will be when the 100 meter record stands for at least 40 years.  If Tiger were coming into today's game exactly as he was he very likely doesn't reach 15 majors because other golfers such as DJ, Rory, Rahm, etc. would pick off majors from him.  He would have to be a bigger faster stronger version of himself to exert dominance over those guys because their A games would have them being much more competitive against apex Tiger.  Apex Tiger what 2 or 3 in driving distance, where nowadays there are some 50 guys at least that hit it just as far as apex Tiger.  

You can have the best short game on the planet but you are going to get whooped if you don't hit it far enough off the tee.  

"Than a 6’5 guy who can carry 360 and has the short game skills needed to be the “next Tiger”

^^^^^^

This is exactly what would be required to do today's field what Tiger did over such and extended period of time.  And you know what's gonna happen when that person comes along and dominates better competition and "only" gets 10 majors because the competition is better. We are going to say that Tiger is still the GOAT cause he got 15.  By then it will be accepted that Jack isn't the GOAT cause he will have played too long ago but then the vicious cycle will repeat!

The rules of the general population do not apply to elite athletes in that space and it really doesn't apply to athletes being considered the GOAT.  

Lol, Tiger at 43 years old, with destroyed knee, and a fused back,

Basically at 70% of his skills in his prime 

And not having played for like 2 years

Started at like #1200 owgr and over the course of a year he cut his way through all these Uber, fit, golfers in their 20s, and rose to #5 owgr

Then he beat them all at the masters

A decrepit shadow of his TW 1.0 days

And you’re saying TW 1.0 doesn’t rip these guys to pieces?!

🤣

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, bscinstnct said:

Lol, Tiger at 43 years old, with destroyed knee, and a fused back,

Basically at 70% of his skills in his prime 

And not having played for like 2 years

Started at like #1200 owgr and over the course of a year he cut his way through all these Uber, fit, golfers and rose to #5 owgr

Then he beat them all at the masters

A decrepit shadow of his TW 1.0 days

And you’re saying TW 1.0 doesn’t rip these guys to pieces?!

🤣

Being competitive on a given day is a far cry from dominating the competition over an extended period of time and being considered the GOAT. Tiger will never dominate golf again but on any given day he can still be competitive, and even win, because he is the GOAT.  There will be another though...that golfer may not even be born yet but there will be another but to answer your question, no, Tiger would not dominate this generation like he did the previous one because on the whole they are the better today and it is just the plain facts. Neither would Jordan, Sampras, Pele, Jack, or any other considered the GOAT of a previous generation despite how much we like to believe they would dominate just the same if they were just transported into today's game. Now then if you brought them forward in a bigger faster stronger package that is a completely different debate.   

22 minutes ago, Righty to Lefty said:

Being competitive on a given day is a far cry from dominating the competition over an extended period of time and being considered the GOAT. Tiger will never dominate golf again but on any given day he can still be competitive, and even win, because he is the GOAT.  There will be another though...that golfer may not even be born yet but there will be another but to answer your question, no, Tiger would not dominate this generation like he did the previous one because on the whole they are the better today and it is just the plain facts. Neither would Jordan, Sampras, Pele, Jack, or any other considered the GOAT of a previous generation despite how much we like to believe they would dominate just the same if they were just transported into today's game. Now then if you brought them forward in a bigger faster stronger package that is a completely different debate.   

I don’t think we will ever see anyone dominate the sport like Tiger. Not in my lifetime anyway. Maybe another 30 years. If I’m lucky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

16 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

It wasn’t a “given day” though, was it?

Tiger had his fusion surgery in April 2017 after years of back issues and surgeries and being out of the top 500 owgr.

He first teed it up in late 2017 ranked #1199

Over the course of the next year he had taken out everybody in front of him up to #13 owgr and by late 2018 and won the Tour Championship where he beat the top 30 guys in the world. 

Then he continued his assault on the Uber fit and by mid 2019 he had dispatched them all at the Masters and was sitting at

At this point he had taken out Jon Rahm, Justin Thomas, Cantlay, Xander, and was sitting one spot back from Rory. 

Not to mention the rest of the top 20, top 100, and everybody else on the planet besides 

4 guys

At, 43 years old, nowhere near his prime skills. 

You need to rethink your thesis; )

Sounds like the fields really aren’t that strong or deep!!!! Top guys just wienees!

LOL, kidding! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1