2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

SHOW US YOUR FACE! - TM STEALTH'S THAT IS...

tarrantian

Okay, heard the odd issue with the carbon face separating (Not sure how prevalent it is), but for most, how has your carbon face held up over the season? I have about 100 rounds clocked with mine, not to mention weekly practice with rock hard range balls, etc. and mine looks great...

I'll show you mine if you show me yours!!

Cheers, 

- Ian

TM STEALTH FACE CONDITION.jpg

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S)
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

3 hours ago, tarrantian said:

How so? The durability of the carbon face when the driver was released was a major concern. Now most of us have a full season behind us and those that went with either variant of the Stealth should be able to either confirm the fears or allay them...

Let me know why it's a 'bad thread'.

So, your just looking for a picture of a defective face?

15 minutes ago, Ivyguy said:

So, your just looking for a picture of a defective face?

The good, the bad and the ugly I suppose...

Just curious as to how the carbon face has held up for those playing Stealth. In my case, and for others on another forum it seems to be positive, reinforcing this is perhaps a non-issue that was quite at the forefront of the question of moving to carbon away from titanium. 

I remember during intial demos at one of the large trade shows where the clubs were hit 1000's of times by hundreds of people and there markings and things that also contributed to fears as to how durable the new product would be.

That's it, nothing more.

:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

9 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Had mine since mid-march (I think). Not sure how many rounds, probably 30-40 and a lot of practice sessions. One spot where the "bubble" thing happened. That spot showed up the 2nd week I had it and hasn't changed in appearance since it showed up.

20221017_132655.jpg

Thanks for your reply - Love the blue BTW...

Hadn't heard of the 'bubble' does it feel that way to the touch? 

Considering taylormades previous quality issues, this will be interesting to see how the stealth range has actually held up. Having said that, many of us change clubs too often to test it! 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 tour 
Titleist ts3 21 Hzrdus Smoke
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Titleist Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Taylormade MySpider Tour X
Titleist pro v1

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

No issues with mine at all.  So far so good.  But I don't have typical WRX swing speeds either!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ping G430 Max 10K
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

Titleist T350 irons
54* & 58* Sub70 JB Wedges
PXG Operator H w/ BGT stability tour shaft   DF3 on the way!  

I have a tiny bubble on mine but it's low on the face.  Other than that no issues.  I'm a high ss player and cracked my OG SIM MAX right above dead center so there's that. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I played a Stealth all Season (45 rounds plus range and sim time) and the face is perfect.  Played recently with 2 guys that both had the face bubbling on the bottom where the club hits the tee.  I play wooden tees. They both play plastic tees.  Small sample size but it’s not nothing. 

TM SIM2 MAX 10.5* @ 8.5* PX HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60 6.0
PING G425 Max 3w PING Tour 75s
PING G425 Max 5w PING Tour 75s
PING G425 22 PING Tour 85s
PING i210 4-pw DG120 S300
PING Glide 3.0 54s
TM Hi-Toe 3 58
(Vokey SM10 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.10S)
TM Spider Tour S 35"

49 minutes ago, jimes said:

I played a Stealth all Season (45 rounds plus range and sim time) and the face is perfect.  Played recently with 2 guys that both had the face bubbling on the bottom where the club hits the tee.  I play wooden tees. They both play plastic tees.  Small sample size but it’s not nothing. 

Interesting, I play plastic tees and mine is perfect as well - Wonder why the random 'bubbling' for some and not others?? Wonder if moisture or something is getting behind some of the layers for some...

On 10/17/2022 at 12:29 PM, getitdaily said:

Had mine since mid-march (I think). Not sure how many rounds, probably 30-40 and a lot of practice sessions. One spot where the "bubble" thing happened. That spot showed up the 2nd week I had it and hasn't changed in appearance since it showed up.

20221017_132655.jpg

Love the blue.  What color is your 3 wood?

TaylorMade Stealth 2 10.5* driver 

Callaway Ai Smoke TD 3 wood

Adams tour proto 20 hybrid

Titleist t100s (4-pw)

Vokey sm9 52/58 wedges 

Scotty fastback 1.5 putter

18 hours ago, tarrantian said:

Interesting, I play plastic tees and mine is perfect as well - Wonder why the random 'bubbling' for some and not others?? Wonder if moisture or something is getting behind some of the layers for some...

I use plastic tees as well and the face of my driver still looks fine after having it since not long after it came out.  

• Like 1

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

This topic won't change the minds of those who have had their face come apart as I've seen plenty of pictures of the separation. Now if it was because of using wooden Tee's instead of plastic it's still no excuse and if it's because of not hitting it in the middle BS. I betcha the next Stealth models to come out won't have this problem but funny how you don't see any other big name brands using carbon face drivers that are coming out. 

• Thanks 1

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

12 minutes ago, Tiptx1122 said:

This topic won't change the minds of those who have had their face come apart as I've seen plenty of pictures of the separation. Now if it was because of using wooden Tee's instead of plastic it's still no excuse and if it's because of not hitting it in the middle BS. I betcha the next Stealth models to come out won't have this problem but funny how you don't see any other big name brands using carbon face drivers that are coming out. 

I don't see TM making excuses, and it seems like they're standing behind the club by replacing it.   In any indutry you often see first generation issues with products.  As long as they back it through warranty, I don't see the issue, and TM will tend to back things even slightly out of warranty buy giving you a new model.

As far as the other companies using carbon, TM isn't the first, but TM also tends to be a company that pushes their equipment as far as what they do and the tech you can find in a head.  On the opposite side you have a company like Titliest that tends to stick with just putting out more old reliables with not much variation release to release.  Neither approach is wrong, and preferring one or the other isn't wrong either.   With one tho, you might end up with a slightly higher failure rate (although there's no hard data to back this up), you can QC things to death but certain things you'll never uncover until it's out in the wild. 

• Like 3

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

On 10/21/2022 at 11:52 AM, MountainKing said:

I don't see TM making excuses, and it seems like they're standing behind the club by replacing it.   In any indutry you often see first generation issues with products.  As long as they back it through warranty, I don't see the issue, and TM will tend to back things even slightly out of warranty buy giving you a new model.

As far as the other companies using carbon, TM isn't the first, but TM also tends to be a company that pushes their equipment as far as what they do and the tech you can find in a head.  On the opposite side you have a company like Titliest that tends to stick with just putting out more old reliables with not much variation release to release.  Neither approach is wrong, and preferring one or the other isn't wrong either.   With one tho, you might end up with a slightly higher failure rate (although there's no hard data to back this up), you can QC things to death but certain things you'll never uncover until it's out in the wild. 

I understand but to say using wooden Tee's or hitting it low on the face is the cause is an excuse made by others as I never said TM made the excuse. It's still something that should never have happened. It does make you wonder what the truth is behind the face separation as every brand has had their defects as my question would be is how many people who had defects are staying with TM and the Stealth model. If it were me I would not jump ship as I'm sure TM has taken care of the problem and has taken care of the people who had the defects.  

EDFE8CDE-ADF0-4C02-A5E6-08DC64B4FD98_1_105_c.jpeg.26c19f404b826539a2f7a24daa9ff593.jpeg

Edited by Tiptx1122
  • Like 1

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

• 4 weeks later...

Just searched for a thread like this, so thanks for starting it. 

I just got a new stealth and I was also curious to see how these faces hold up. I haven’t hit mine yet but there seems to be a tiny slit towards the heel of the face. Almost like a small paper cut. I’ll post a pic but it was extremely difficult to capture it on camera. 

Anything to be concerned about (especially if it can spread, bubble, or peel)?

I assume these faces will get a little beat up over time. I’m not too worried about the looks, but I don’t know if it would affect performance since they said the cover on the face serves a purpose. 

2E6D7859-64AD-4078-84C1-D50D665090E0.jpeg

Edited by harpua728
Updated picture

3 hours ago, harpua728 said:

I just got a new stealth and I was also curious to see how these faces hold up. I haven’t hit mine yet but there seems to be a tiny slit towards the heel of the face. Almost like a small paper cut. I’ll post a pic but it was extremely difficult to capture it on camera. 

I assume these faces will get a little beat up over time. I’m not too worried about the looks, but I don’t know if it would affect performance since they said the cover on the face serves a purpose. 

Unless you plan on necking your drives, it won't be a problem. 

• Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

5 hours ago, harpua728 said:

Thanks for the 'Thanks for starting this' comment  - Still can't get over @Ivyguy 'bad thread' comment LOL...

• Like 2

Just now, gsrjc said:

Same with me but I’m not a high SS. I’m at 101-102. 

The bubble issue seems to be pretty common.  3 guys at the cc I'm a member at have them as well on theirs including the assistant teaching pro.