2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping Tour 2.0 Black & Chrome

Scottishducati

Interesting just ordered my 430 max with black 65s driver and chrome 75s in 5w. 

Had little interest in trying but them makes me want to give em a go. 

One interesting bit is the weights seem low. Ie for Stiff 

Chrome

65 - 57

75 - 65

Black

65 - 55

75 - 69

https://ping.com/en-us/clubs/fairways/g430-max

Edited by Russ757
  • Like 2

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

5 hours ago, Russ757 said:

Chrome

65 - 57

75 - 65

Black

65 - 55

75 - 69

That is interesting. Didn’t know that about the weight, and I’m very susceptible to weight differences, especially lighter. Pat put the +3gram heavier weights in the head for me, but the shaft felt very much like any other at the same weight. They’re great shafts for sure. 

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS with LA Golf Trono 65-TX

3w: Callaway Rogue ST LS 13.5 with LA Golf Bryson Series 75-TX

4H: Mizuno ST-Z 230 w/ UST LIN-Q Blue F5-78 X (19.75 E Loft / 58 Lie / 3 Face Angle)

4-PW: Mizuno JPX 923 Tour w/ KBS Tour 120-S

GW/SW/LW: Mizuno T22 Denim Copper 50/07-S, 55/09-D, 60/06-X w/ KBS Tour 120-S

Putter: 2023 Odyssey White Hot Versa Double Wide

1 hour ago, rb2golf said:

That is interesting. Didn’t know that about the weight, and I’m very susceptible to weight differences, especially lighter. Pat put the +3gram heavier weights in the head for me, but the shaft felt very much like any other at the same weight. They’re great shafts for sure. 

Same. Or at least I used to be. But I haven't played much in a year and I was sucking pretty bad then. 

Maybe a blessing in disquise 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

17 hours ago, 62@Oakmont said:

Ping lists the shaft weights on their site at the cut/playing length weight rather than the raw/uncut shaft weight that you normally see on the spec sheets from shaft manufacturers.

For example, go to Ping’s website and look at the Tour 65 Black on the fairway woods page and then compare it to the same shaft on the driver specs page. The shaft weight will show higher on the driver specs for the same shaft because the driver shaft has to be cut less to get to playing length.

Ahh that makes sense. I read they did that but never put 2+2 together 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

Don’t some pretty extensive in course testing between the Ping Tour Black 2.0 6x and Tensei 1K Black 6TX and so far for me the Ping Tour has performed better. Don’t have numbers but in course and on the range it has been both longer, more consistent and more accurate. Ball just seems to jump off the face and stay in the air forever. It’s also very stable and I’d even say more anti left than the 1k. 

TM Qi10LS Hulk PVD 70TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

On 3/24/2023 at 6:15 AM, rb2golf said:

Yes, and it was fantastic! I was at a fitting workshop on Tuesday that Ping put on for the Met section. Got to spend 6 hours in a lecture with Marty Jertson that blew my mind! Dude is a genius! Then we went outside for a live full bag fitting, and I volunteered to be the test subject.

Pat Abshire, who has fit many of their top guys at the Ping Proving Grounds, put incredible combinations together for me. Never hit anything better. I would never play a stock shaft in the past. Currently play LA Golf in my woods (Trono 65TX in driver and Bryson 75-TX in 3w), but have had various Ventus before too.

He fit me into the Ping Tour 2.0 Black 7X in fwy woods and 6x in driver, and I couldn’t miss! With their heads, the Tour 2.0 black was the best shaft for me by far. Outperformed everything. Then he put me in the 85g X Tour Chrome 2.0 hybrid shaft, which I also was hitting dead straight with a 3-yard fade. 

The tour black felt smoother than Ventus black or Kaili black in the mid section but had a very stable handle.

The chrome in the driver was a bit soft for me, like softer feeling than any Ventus, more like a GD Tour AD-DI but still had that very creamy feeling that felt good. Except when it got down to the hybrid, then it was back to being a little more boardy and ultra stable in the handle. 

I’m a total shaft snob, and both the Ping 2.0 Tour Black and Chrome were amazing shafts for me (Avg SS~110mph, 11* launch, 2200rpm spin). I’m now thinking of trying one in my gamer.

Any chance you've ever tested out the Accra shafts?  I was fit into the Accra FX 3.0 300H90 M5 for my 3 hybrid. Wondering how the Tour 2.0 Black 75X would compare, thinking about pairing it with a G430 SFT 3 Wood. My normal ball flight is a 5-10 yard fade and need a club I am able to hit a draw with. Concerned if it's too stiff that I'll be leaving shots out to the right. 

15 hours ago, Logo21 said:

Any chance you've ever tested out the Accra shafts?  I was fit into the Accra FX 3.0 300H90 M5 for my 3 hybrid. Wondering how the Tour 2.0 Black 75X would compare, thinking about pairing it with a G430 SFT 3 Wood. My normal ball flight is a 5-10 yard fade and need a club I am able to hit a draw with. Concerned if it's too stiff that I'll be leaving shots out to the right. 

The Black is very stiff and low launching. Not ultra low but still on that spectrum. Would need to know more about your swing, but I would think the higher launching Chrome X might be the way to go for your 3 wood to have more stopping power.

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS with LA Golf Trono 65-TX

3w: Callaway Rogue ST LS 13.5 with LA Golf Bryson Series 75-TX

4H: Mizuno ST-Z 230 w/ UST LIN-Q Blue F5-78 X (19.75 E Loft / 58 Lie / 3 Face Angle)

4-PW: Mizuno JPX 923 Tour w/ KBS Tour 120-S

GW/SW/LW: Mizuno T22 Denim Copper 50/07-S, 55/09-D, 60/06-X w/ KBS Tour 120-S

Putter: 2023 Odyssey White Hot Versa Double Wide

On 4/1/2023 at 10:47 AM, rb2golf said:

The Black is very stiff and low launching. Not ultra low but still on that spectrum. Would need to know more about your swing, but I would think the higher launching Chrome X might be the way to go for your 3 wood to have more stopping power.

Thanks. I've also considered just getting the original Tour shaft in X flex as it seems to be somewhere in between the new Chrome and Black shafts. Or the new Black in stiff instead of extra stiff. Guess the only way to know for sure is to test each one out and see what works best.

On 3/31/2023 at 7:14 PM, Logo21 said:

I can actually answer this one because i have played both these shafts in my g430. The Accra is stiffer then the tour black or feels that way. I think overall the accra is the better shaft (or was for me) 

Is it possible to order the Tour Black 2.0 shaft only from a retailer?

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

I play the tour black 65 in stiff and my hybrids at Di85x and irons are dgs400. Very stable without boardiness of ventus black but plays stiffer then some x flexes. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway AI Smoke TD Tensei AV White 75 Stiff 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland RTX 6 48.10, 54.10, 60.12 TI DG Spinner Wedges

Ping Oslo 4 PLD Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

2 hours ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

Anyone compare the Kai'li white to the Tour 2.0 Chrome and Black? 

I did - white & chrome were closer in launch/spin than the black - which was lower on both. I could not keep spin down with the white - 3700  couldn't keep from rope a doping a big draw hook on the 2.0 chrome - spin usually above 3400

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

4 hours ago, animalgolfs said:

I did - white & chrome were closer in launch/spin than the black - which was lower on both. I could not keep spin down with the white - 3700  couldn't keep from rope a doping a big draw hook on the 2.0 chrome - spin usually above 3400

Thanks for that feed back. I'm playing the Chrome 2.0 in the LST and it's great. I am playing the Black 2.0 in the Max, good combo. I was thinking the Kai'li White was right between the 2 and was going to try that in the LST head and see if that would bring down the launch and spin just a tad more without sacrificing feel. 

2 hours ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

Thanks for that feed back. I'm playing the Chrome 2.0 in the LST and it's great. I am playing the Black 2.0 in the Max, good combo. I was thinking the Kai'li White was right between the 2 and was going to try that in the LST head and see if that would bring down the launch and spin just a tad more without sacrificing feel. 

If you want right in between try the original tour shaft.

• Like 3

Ping G430 LST 10.5* - Ventus Blue VeloCore+ 6X

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 13.5* - Ventus Blue VeloCore+ 7X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Attas T2 8X

Ping G425 Max 23.5* - Attas T2 8X

Taylormade 790Ti 6 - Dart V 105X

Srixon ZX7 6-9 - X100

Titleist SM9 46F & 50F - X100

Titleist SM9 55S & 60T - X7 "Spinners"

L.A.B. Link.1 - TPT - XL Tour 2.0 

Srixon Z-Star 💎

On 4/11/2023 at 7:11 PM, tilasan said:

If you want right in between try the original tour shaft.

The original tour shaft felt a little boardy to me. I ended up picking up a Kai'Li White from a member here. I'm having great success with the Tour 2.0 but as any good WRX'r does, time to tinker a bit more. 

Edited by AzSuperHack76
  • Like 1

I just bought a 430 LST with the Tour Black 2.0 75X shaft.  I was trying to match up with my gamer the Ventus Black 7x.  The Tour Black is much lighter and whippier than the Ventus.  I am going to take both to range and compare side by side today but in hitting in my home net but I am concerned the Ping Tour Shaft isn't stout enough.  I bought a Ping adapter for the Ventus if the Tour Shaft doesn't work out.  

Got my LST driver with the Tour chrome 65x, but shafted it up with a Ventus black 6s as well.  After a few rounds, and it's been close, the Tour chrome has been the better of the two for me in this head.  Finding the chrome to be a bit easier to turn over and overall I hit more fairways with it.  I know on average I am seeing 2500 rpm of spin with the Ventus, but have yet to put the chrome on the monitor to see what it's doing spin wise.  

Got the 65x in black in my 430 max 3w also, but this head seems to be a little spinny for me.  I like it's forgiveness but in comparison to the 410 lst head, it's just losing distance shaft for shaft.  Very forgiving though, wish I would have tried the black in a 75x.

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* HZRDUS blue PVD 60s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Nike VFP 4i KBS CTL 115

Ping i230 5-P  KBS CTL 115

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless custom 34"

10 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

Got my LST driver with the Tour chrome 65x, but shafted it up with a Ventus black 6s as well.  After a few rounds, and it's been close, the Tour chrome has been the better of the two for me in this head.  Finding the chrome to be a bit easier to turn over and overall I hit more fairways with it.  I know on average I am seeing 2500 rpm of spin with the Ventus, but have yet to put the chrome on the monitor to see what it's doing spin wise.  

Got the 65x in black in my 430 max 3w also, but this head seems to be a little spinny for me.  I like it's forgiveness but in comparison to the 410 lst head, it's just losing distance shaft for shaft.  Very forgiving though, wish I would have tried the black in a 75x.

I took my 430 LST out for the first time today.  75X shaft felt very light and less stable than my Ventus Black.  I didn’t hit one drive that I felt great about. The Ventus shafts just have something in that extra stability that gives you confidence to go for it.  I really like my Mizuno 220 STZ so decided to buy a new Ventus today instead of switching adaptors.  The Ventus LST combo may be on BST if it doesn't beat out out the Mizuno.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 8:56 PM, reider69 said:

I took my 430 LST out for the first time today.  75X shaft felt very light and less stable than my Ventus Black.  I didn’t hit one drive that I felt great about. The Ventus shafts just have something in that extra stability that gives you confidence to go for it.  I really like my Mizuno 220 STZ so decided to buy a new Ventus today instead of switching adaptors.  The Ventus LST combo may be on BST if it doesn't beat out out the Mizuno.

Agree on this one. You simply can’t beat the stability of a Ventus. It completely transformed my G430 Max into an amazing club. 

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke TD 8 degree w/ Ventus TR 6X
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex, Adams Idea Pro 23 X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Tour Issue DG X100 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zip Core 52, 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Makefield
Ball: 2024 Chrome Tour X

On 3/24/2023 at 7:00 AM, Russ757 said:

Chrome

65 - 57

75 - 65

Black

65 - 55

75 - 69

This is just great information

thank you

I did a fitting for driver and 3/7w. I already have the G430 Max 10.5 with an old Ping Tour 80x and am pretty happy with it. It came with the 2.0 chrome 65x and that’s also not terrible. My SS is modest at 106 and maxes out at 109.  Fitter put me into the Ventus Black tr and the black 2.0 75x. Really loved both options of my current shaft. The Ventus felt a tad better and was slightly lower height and spin, but still very good. 

Loved the tour black in the 3/7w but got a lot better numbers and feel with the chrome 2.0 75x. I did like the control with the black, but the height wasn’t quite there.