2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping Tour 2.0 Black & Chrome

Scottishducati

Does anyone have Tour 2.0 Chome 65X in driver and Tour 2.0 Chrome 75X in fairway?  Love the 65X in driver but the 75X in fairway just feels a bit strange to me and tends to miss left a bit.  I put the old Tour 75X in and the lefts pretty much go away.  I noticed when comparing relative shaft logo position  on the 65X and 75X that the 75X is not tipped which seems strange for a fairway wood - would have expected at least 1/2".  Thoughts?

Ping 430 LST 10.5, Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 65X
Ping 425 17, 19 & 22 deg hybrids,  Ping Tour 85X
Mizuno 923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, DG 105 
Mizuno S23 54 deg wedge

Vokey SM6 60 K wedge
Mizuno IOMI #3 putter

Titleist ProV1x 

Vessel Lux Lite Bag

Has anyone tried the Tour 2.0 Chrome in regular flex? I'm demoing our club's G430 with the Alta 55S, and hitting it pretty good - noticably longer than my G400 with Tour 65S. But my club doesn't have the Tour 2.0 Chrome to demo. On paper the Tour 2.0 Chrome in regular looks a little softer than the Alta 55 in stiff, but similar ball flights. And my swing speed is in the 90-93 mph range, so I figured the Tour 2.0 in regular would be a better fit. 

Driver: Ping G430 10.5* w/ Tour Chrome stiff 3-wood: Ping G425 w/ Mitsubishi Orange stiff 7-wood: Ping G425 w/ Alta reg Hybrid: Ping G425 22* w/ Alta reg Irons: Ping i210 5-U w/ AWT 2.0 stiff Wedges: Ping Glide 4.0 54* & Titleist Vokey SM6 58* jet black finish Putter: Guerin Tour Spec mallet 35.5”

On 4/30/2023 at 9:07 AM, MyShortGameSucks said:

Does anyone have Tour 2.0 Chome 65X in driver and Tour 2.0 Chrome 75X in fairway?  Love the 65X in driver but the 75X in fairway just feels a bit strange to me and tends to miss left a bit.  I put the old Tour 75X in and the lefts pretty much go away.  I noticed when comparing relative shaft logo position  on the 65X and 75X that the 75X is not tipped which seems strange for a fairway wood - would have expected at least 1/2".  Thoughts?

Ping only tips 75g shafts in a driver(1") - they don't tip anything unless requested or the above 75/driver combo. 

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

1 hour ago, animalgolfs said:

Ping only tips 75g shafts in a driver(1") - they don't tip anything unless requested or the above 75/driver combo. 

Ok thanks for the info.   Not sure I understand Ping's logic with that but it is what it is.  Will probably stick with the original Tour Chrome 75X for now then...

• Like 1

Mizuno S23 54 deg wedge

Vokey SM6 60 K wedge
Mizuno IOMI #3 putter

Titleist ProV1x 

Vessel Lux Lite Bag

15 hours ago, HOLN1UK said:

Has anyone tried the Tour 2.0 Chrome in regular flex? I'm demoing our club's G430 with the Alta 55S, and hitting it pretty good - noticably longer than my G400 with Tour 65S. But my club doesn't have the Tour 2.0 Chrome to demo. On paper the Tour 2.0 Chrome in regular looks a little softer than the Alta 55 in stiff, but similar ball flights. And my swing speed is in the 90-93 mph range, so I figured the Tour 2.0 in regular would be a better fit. 

With the previous Tour 65 shaft, I would say that you could go either stiff or regular at that swing speed, though likely regular.  With the newer Tour 2.0 Chrome shaft, I would honestly think stiff is the way to go with that swing speed.  I found my Tour 2.0 65 stiff spinny and high launching enough that I went with the tried and true Smoke Black RDX which brought launch and spin down appreciably.  YMMV.

• Thanks 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 and 5 Woods, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade Qi Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

On 3/13/2023 at 9:09 PM, rlb4 said:

What other shafts are the Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome similar to? Is it a blue profile type shaft? Similar to Ventus Blue, Tensei Blue, KaiLi Blue?

This is a great question that hasnt been answered quite yet. I am in the same boat. I have the 2.0 Chrome and it works well. But I still like the feel of the 1K and would like to compare the two, just not sure which 1K color would be the closest comparison. 

I know the Blue is yet to be released, but is that going to be the closest?

3 hours ago, lryreynolds8675 said:

This is a great question that hasnt been answered quite yet. I am in the same boat.

I have Ventus and Tensei Blue’s, and the Chrome Tour 2 in S.

The Chrome is Blue-ish, in that most of the flex is towards the middle, but it is not classic Blue, or classic anything really, as the flex zone covers an unusually wide area and extends further towards the butt than a typical Blue profile.

This is fairly consistent with the original Elements Chrome, but in the case of the original, the balance point was quite low, which made it a questionable match with Ping driver heads. They seem to have worked that out.

The closest matches may be something like a Tensei White or a HZRDUS Smoke Black, but with those shafts in a “minus 1” flex selection. 

• Thanks 1

Driver - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 5S

FW - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 6S

Hybrid - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 7S

Irons - ZX5 / C-Taper Lite S

Wedges - SM9 50/08 56/10 60/04

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Milled #7 T

4 hours ago, Jeff58 said:

I have Ventus and Tensei Blue’s, and the Chrome Tour 2 in S.

The Chrome is Blue-ish, in that most of the flex is towards the middle, but it is not classic Blue, or classic anything really, as the flex zone covers an unusually wide area and extends further towards the butt than a typical Blue profile.

This is fairly consistent with the original Elements Chrome, but in the case of the original, the balance point was quite low, which made it a questionable match with Ping driver heads. They seem to have worked that out.

The closest matches may be something like a Tensei White or a HZRDUS Smoke Black, but with those shafts in a “minus 1” flex selection. 

Interesting you mention the HZRDUS Smoke Black.   I have a G400 with the original tour and did a fitting yesterday.   Did not get along nearly as well with the Chrome 2.0

My top three ended up being the Hzrdus Smoke Black, Ventus Blue and Tour 2.0 Black.    I was shocked as I need some spin so thought both blacks would not be good fits but were.

HZRDUS was a little more consistent but looks like it will be between it and the Ventus Blue.

Ping G430 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6S
Ping G410  17.5* and 20.5* Tour stiff

Ping G425 5 Hybrid 
Ping I230 6-pw - Project X IO 6.0
Ping Glide 4.0 50/54/58 Project X IO 6.0
Ping Redwood Anser - Starshot Finish

Titleist Pro V1X

2 hours ago, buckI said:

Interesting you mention the HZRDUS Smoke Black.   I have a G400 with the original tour and did a fitting yesterday.   Did not get along nearly as well with the Chrome 2.0

My top three ended up being the Hzrdus Smoke Black, Ventus Blue and Tour 2.0 Black.    I was shocked as I need some spin so thought both blacks would not be good fits but were.

HZRDUS was a little more consistent but looks like it will be between it and the Ventus Blue.

I bought my G430 with the Tour Chrome 2.0 stiff, but have ended up going with the Smoke Black RDX.  The Smoke Black is more consistent, keeps spin in check, but still launches quite easily (even too high sometimes depending on my swing).  

I picked up my Smoke Black RDX off eBay custom built with the G430 tip for under $100.  Easily one of the best shafts on the market for the price. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jeffrey r said:

I bought my G430 with the Tour Chrome 2.0 stiff, but have ended up going with the Smoke Black RDX.  The Smoke Black is more consistent, keeps spin in check, but still launches quite easily (even too high sometimes depending on my swing).  

I picked up my Smoke Black RDX off eBay custom built with the G430 tip for under $100.  Easily one of the best shafts on the market for the price. 

I was really surprised that the HZRDUS Black worked so well.   Spin was still good and good launch.   I tried the Ventus black but had to work really hard with that shaft compared to the blue and the HZRDUS black.    

Ping G430 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6S
Ping G410  17.5* and 20.5* Tour stiff

Ping G425 5 Hybrid 
Ping I230 6-pw - Project X IO 6.0
Ping Glide 4.0 50/54/58 Project X IO 6.0
Ping Redwood Anser - Starshot Finish

Titleist Pro V1X

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone compare any of the aftermarket MCA shafts (beside Kai’li) that best compares to the Black 2.0 X stiff? 

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

6 hours ago, agood3putt said:

Can anyone compare any of the aftermarket MCA shafts (beside Kai’li) that best compares to the Black 2.0 X stiff? 

My experience is only with S models at 100 mph.

Probably the Tensei 1k Black. Both are of the “stand up to anything“ type in that they require high swing speed to produce adequate spin and height. The 1k Black is at least the Black 2.0’s equal in every way IMO and doesn’t seem to be getting a ton of attention.

The Diamana PD series could be an interesting alternative if you have a smoother swing. IMO it’s more in the “remarkably usable” mode like the Smoke Black 4G or original Smoke.

• Like 1

Driver - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 5S

FW - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 6S

Hybrid - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 7S

Irons - ZX5 / C-Taper Lite S

Wedges - SM9 50/08 56/10 60/04

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Milled #7 T

30 minutes ago, Jeff58 said:

My experience is only with S models at 100 mph.

Probably the Tensei 1k Black. Both are of the “stand up to anything“ type in that they require high swing speed to produce adequate spin and height. The 1k Black is at least the Black 2.0’s equal in every way IMO and doesn’t seem to be getting a ton of attention.

The Diamana PD series could be an interesting alternative if you have a smoother swing. IMO it’s more in the “remarkably usable” mode like the Smoke Black 4G or original Smoke.

Love the MCA GT in my 7W so was looking at that or PD in 430 LST if the Black 2.0 doesn’t behave 

• Like 1

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

• 2 weeks later...

I've just put my Ping Black 65 S (no tipping) in play with my Epic Max LS head. It's the longest and most stable combo I've ever had.
Launch high with low spin and incredible dispersion. I'm wondering now about this shaft in my 3 wood in 75 S to reduce spin (Tensei Pro Blue 70 S tipped 1.5 inch in Srixon ZX head)
I did try kai'li white 65 s but it was way too heavy for me in comparaison with the black.

Love the Tour Chrome 2.0 65 stiff on my smooth days. I like the feel more than black. My driver SS is 105-108 and I’m considering trying the 65x to eliminate/ reduce the draw or pull. Any significant difference for people who have tried both? Bonus is anyone has a standard length Chrome 2.0 65x they are willing to part with!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, maowv said:

How are these shafts working out in fairway heads? Anyone try the Chrome and Black in the 75 weight class for 3W/5W?

Curious on feedback for this gen of Ping shafts.

Once in a while, Ping hits a home run with their propietary shafts. I played that Z-Z65 iron shaft for a decade. 

Black 75s in my 5wd stock and 75x tipped 1" -1/2" in my 7wd

Love the 75x for my 7wd....it's money

Not enough time on 5wd for a solid response 

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

• 1 month later...

How heavy do the 2.0 black tour shafts feel guys? I've just nabbed a G430 Max for a great sale price and available stock was the 65 Black. I favor shafts around the 70-74 gram bracket but i'm pretty sure Ping are still using cut weight in their specs so the difference might not be that large. At any rate i have an Accra and Velocore Blue ready but would be stoked if the stocko was good. 

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 9:09 PM, rlb4 said:

What other shafts are the Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome similar to? Is it a blue profile type shaft? Similar to Ventus Blue, Tensei Blue, KaiLi Blue?

Looking for this answer as well. Thinking about getting a Tensei 1K to pair with my G430 75X, just not sure what color/weight combo would be the closest spec.

• 3 weeks later...

So I had been playing a Ventus Blue TR 6X in my 430 LST.  Very consistent results with it, nice feel, if a bit boardy in mid section and really good FIR #s, but I always felt I had to work a little too hard to get it to load.  Previously was in a Tour 2.0 Chrome 65X and that was a bit smoother and easier to load.  Just got a bit more distance with the Ventus.

I just bought a backup 430 LST on BST and it came with a Tour Black 65 in stiff.  I previously had tried the Black 65 in X and that was unplayable for me - 1800 spin and it felt very, very stiff.  So I was not expecting anything from this shaft!  Turns out it's the perfect "Goldilocks" shaft for me.  As smooth as the Tour 2.0 Chrome 65X and better dispersion, less boards and slightly longer than the Ventus TR  According to Trackman  I actually picked up a few mph club head speed with it.   If you are a "soft X" player don't be afraid to give the black 65 stiff a shot. Highly recommended 

Edited by MyShortGameSucks
  • Like 1

Mizuno S23 54 deg wedge

Vokey SM6 60 K wedge
Mizuno IOMI #3 putter

Titleist ProV1x 

Vessel Lux Lite Bag

1 hour ago, MyShortGameSucks said:

So I had been playing a Ventus Blue TR 6X in my 430 LST.  Very consistent results with it, nice feel, if a bit boardy in mid section and really good FIR #s, but I always felt I had to work a little too hard to get it to load.  Previously was in a Tour 2.0 Chrome 65X and that was a bit smoother and easier to load.  Just got a bit more distance with the Ventus.

I just bought a backup 430 LST on BST and it came with a Tour Black 65 in stiff.  I previously had tried the Black 65 in X and that was unplayable for me - 1800 spin and it felt very, very stiff.  So I was not expecting anything from this shaft!  Turns out it's the perfect "Goldilocks" shaft for me.  As smooth as the Tour 2.0 Chrome 65X and better dispersion, less boards and slightly longer than the Ventus TR  According to Trackman  I actually picked up a few mph club head speed with it.   If you are a "soft X" player don't be afraid to give the black 65 stiff a shot. Highly recommended 

Thanks for the report. I really gotta try the Tour Black 65 stiff as a complement to my HZRDUS Black RDX. I really do not seem to get along with the Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 S that I bought with my G430 Max, but I bet the Black is more up my alley.

After playing significantly with LST 10.5 Black 65s and Max 10.5 Chrome 65s - even swapping shafts, hosel settings etc

The Black feels more linear with significant kick. Chrome feels stout with no kick comparatively. 

Nothing feels better than the LST/Black plus it has produced highest ballspeeds, for me

Edited by animalgolfs

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

5 hours ago, animalgolfs said:

After playing significantly with LST 10.5 Black 65s and Max 10.5 Chrome 65s - even swapping shafts, hosel settings etc

The Black feels more linear with significant kick. Chrome feels stout with no kick comparatively. 

Nothing feels better than the LST/Black plus it has produced highest ballspeeds, for me

Interesting feedback - are you talking the new 2.0 Tour Chrome or the old one?  For me the Tour 2.0 chrome plays relatively soft and i'd almost say then Black 2.0 stiff == Chrome 2.0 X stiff in terms of " stiffness " and ability to load the shaft.  I can easily play the Chrome in X but the Black 2.0 in X is a low-spin piece of rebar 😀

Mizuno S23 54 deg wedge

Vokey SM6 60 K wedge
Mizuno IOMI #3 putter

Titleist ProV1x 

Vessel Lux Lite Bag

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2023 at 11:47 AM, wobgon said:

I hit them both at PGA Superstore....As others have said in different threads, the black is stouter...I hit the black much better but i hit it after the chrome and was warmed up and swinging better....I will say this, i hit about 20 balls with the black, and spin was between 17000 and 24000.....None of the lower spin shots were knuckleballs and all had good results.....I was hitting the 9 degree lst....I thought i would like the 9 degree max or the 10.5 lst but ended up liking the lst 9 degree.

Wow this is basically my experience today. But the fitter had me trying a tensei Orange and I just wasn’t feeling it. Asked to try the black for a different feel and it was money. Hit after hit. Launch and spin were in a great place with the black, not too low at all and still has feel.

• 3 months later...
On 3/25/2023 at 10:27 AM, Grouchykona said:

Not sure if this helps

07843D79-9CCA-4FF1-8D10-DD9D6B68038B.jpeg

This jives with my fitting today... Chrome 2.0 is x was perfect.. black was a bit low launching.  Spin very similar.

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG Black Ops 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

16 hours ago, bogeypro said:

This jives with my fitting today... Chrome 2.0 is x was perfect.. black was a bit low launching.  Spin very similar.

I just don't understand that chart with respect to the Kai'Li White. They say it is softer than both the Chrome and Black, while I find it stouter and tougher to load than both (certainly relative to the Chrome).

Just compared the Tour 2.0 Black 65s to a Velocore Blue (non TR) 6-S on the G430 10K today and the Velocore performed quite a bit better (as it should for the price). Club head speed was about the same but spin was about 700 lower with the Velocore and dispersion was noticeably tighter. 

While I do think the Tour shafts are solid for stock shaft options, there’s no doubt the premium shafts are in a different league. Especially with the heavy 10K head. 

Driver:           45" Titleist TSR3 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6X 
Fairway:        Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Mitsubishi 1K Black 75g X
Hybrid:          Titleist TSR2 4 Hybrid Mitsubishi 1k Black 85g X

Irons:             Mizuno Pro 243 Modus 105x
Wedges:       Blue Mizuno T24 50/56/60 
Putter:           LAB Golf Blue 37" CB DF3 w/ White Accra Shaft

Ball:               Pro V1/MaxFli Tour
Bag:               VESSEL Grey Player III Stand   

On 1/26/2024 at 1:39 PM, jeffrey r said:

I just don't understand that chart with respect to the Kai'Li White. They say it is softer than both the Chrome and Black, while I find it stouter and tougher to load than both (certainly relative to the Chrome).

I'd agree.. it's stout and low launch... It's from the diamana whiteboard family

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG Black Ops 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter