2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

2024 PING 10K Driver Info

ShortSticks

Here’s one for not being impatient and stupid: I demoed the 10k with the Alta and the Kai Li White and the Kai Li was better. But I had a Graphite Design AD UB at home, so I figured I’ll just get the Alta since it was available in the store and if I got the Kai Li it would take a month as a special order. I decided to be patient (just in case the AD UB doesn’t work). Got the 10k this week and the Kai Li hits it better so far than the UB. I hit the UB too high. I’ll be experimenting with the UB some more (I hit it well in the Paradym)- not giving up on it yet. 
On another note, the 10k is so fun to hit. I’m not afraid to really go at it- I did a bunch of times my first round with it and the 10k kept it in play every time but once I swung out of my shoes. The Paradym wasn’t that dependable. I was amazed at how long it stayed in the air on a windy cold day- so fun to hit. 

• Like 3

Well the 12* turned down on the big minus experiment didn’t work out.  I think the Trackman at my local GG needs calibration.  Launch and spin were too high in practice vs fitting numbers.  Bummer.

Anyway - sent the 12* back to my PING buddy for a 10.5 with 5g of geeloo in the toe.  Hopefully it works out this time.  If not, I’ve got a half dozen shafts going on BST 🤣

• Like 1

Driver TSR3 9* & 11* Ventus TR Blue 6x (10K - Testing)

Fairway TSr3 4W Ventus TR Red 7x

Fairway  TS 7W Ventus TR Blue 8x

Irons Ping i210’s with DG 120 x-100’s +1/2”

Wedges Glide Forged Pros 50*,54*,58* DG 120 s300 +1/2”

Putter Armlock💪🏼

Ball Vice Pro Plus

1 hour ago, doctor220 said:

10k is quite a bit more tin can/aluminum bat sounding and feeling imo. That’s the main drawback imo vs LST but find speed is similar with prob 1* higher launch and couple hundred rpm spin loft for loft plus the additional forgiveness. 

Thanks for the summary.  I've watched a bunch of Peter Finch videos lately where he is playing 1v1 against the Bryan Bros individually and again together, as well as the one with Grant Horvat...  

....I have yet to hear Peter hit his PING 10k (built w/ Kai'li white X-Stiff with stiff tip which could enhance bad sound more than a soft tip shaft which can absorb) where is sounded offensive in any way(!)  Now the ambient cameras can occasionally filter out certain bad metallic frequencies, but I've seen him hit that thing on about 40 different tee shots and it ALWAYS sounded FINE and in some cases, it frankly sounded pleasing.

I wrote earlier in the thread about my negative impressions after hearing it outdoors - but that was with range balls in early march temps.  Volume in Db isn't a negative attribute as much as high pitch ringing metallic frequencies like the G425 had, so I appreciate opinions from folks where this is an important variable.

Thanks for the input.

18 minutes ago, Cliffy2020 said:

Well the 12* turned down on the big minus experiment didn’t work out.  I think the Trackman at my local GG needs calibration.  Launch and spin were too high in practice vs fitting numbers.  Bummer.

The Trackman units at my GG are awful.  Proof?  You can take your RCT ProV1 and move between the open bays and get different trends in your shot patterns by a significant degree.  Draws in bay 1, bone straight in bay 2, excessive spin in bay 3, etc...

I don't know where the breakdown is (the staff says lighting) but you have to be careful or you'll find yourself adjusting your swing and then you'll go outdoors and be messed up.

On 4/6/2024 at 6:59 AM, Wardonation said:

I thought that was the case but then remember a video I saw that might have said something different? @TomWishon help? I know none of it matters if you dont "sole" the club then take your grip. I think what is more interesting is how the CG moves when doing so.

Maybe the prior tip was different but the current tip is a 1:1 ratio. I’m prepared to trust the head fitter at Ping Canada on this one. 

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

2 hours ago, underwater said:

The Trackman units at my GG are awful.  Proof?  You can take your RCT ProV1 and move between the open bays and get different trends in your shot patterns by a significant degree.  Draws in bay 1, bone straight in bay 2, excessive spin in bay 3, etc...

I don't know where the breakdown is (the staff says lighting) but you have to be careful or you'll find yourself adjusting your swing and then you'll go outdoors and be messed up.

Yeah, I just assumed “It’s Trackman, what could go wrong.”  

• Like 1

Driver TSR3 9* & 11* Ventus TR Blue 6x (10K - Testing)

Fairway TSr3 4W Ventus TR Red 7x

Fairway  TS 7W Ventus TR Blue 8x

Irons Ping i210’s with DG 120 x-100’s +1/2”

Wedges Glide Forged Pros 50*,54*,58* DG 120 s300 +1/2”

Putter Armlock💪🏼

Ball Vice Pro Plus

On 3/16/2024 at 9:55 PM, Doucer said:

Interesting. I am in kind of the same situation. I have a GT 50R that I want to swap out with a Vanquish 4R. The guy that does my clubs said the Vanquish would be too light for the heavier Ping heads. Did you notice that? I play my shafts at 44.5 inches.

im playing the Vanquish 4S and 4X in my Ping 430 10k.....I dont notice an issue but I use heavy grips to add weight back....my grips range from about 90g to 120g ( Lamkin oversize / JumboMax Tour XL )

• Like 1

first ping driver i've bought and I wasn't familiar with the tip markings.  Did a fitting and when I got the club I was hitting fairways all day long but was 15-30 yards shorter than usual. The fitter put me in a 12 degree head turned down to 10.5 flat and that's where I had the best results.  

Hit it back to back with a random AI smoke that was in our club's sim room (don't even know what shaft was on it) and AI smoke was 30 yards longer and 10k was spinning like crazy.  Showed the data to a pro at my club who grabbed the club and realized that PING built the club wrong so it actually was delivered turned UP to 13.5 instead of down to 10.5.  

So now I got my distance back, feel good about the club, but now shaft graphics and such aren't lined up right.... oh well. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WeritoK2 said:

Has anyone tinkered with the back weight? How would the head play putting the Max 25 gram or the LST 22 gram in the 10K?

I've tinkered a lot with the back weight. 14, 17, 22, 20, 25,28. Settled on 20grams as it seems to give me the best combination of forgiveness, ball speed., amd swing speed.The heavier weights are diminishing returns for me because of my slower slower swing speed. 95-101.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 10:44 AM, underwater said:

Thanks for the summary.  I've watched a bunch of Peter Finch videos lately where he is playing 1v1 against the Bryan Bros individually and again together, as well as the one with Grant Horvat...  

....I have yet to hear Peter hit his PING 10k (built w/ Kai'li white X-Stiff with stiff tip which could enhance bad sound more than a soft tip shaft which can absorb) where is sounded offensive in any way(!)  Now the ambient cameras can occasionally filter out certain bad metallic frequencies, but I've seen him hit that thing on about 40 different tee shots and it ALWAYS sounded FINE and in some cases, it frankly sounded pleasing.

I wrote earlier in the thread about my negative impressions after hearing it outdoors - but that was with range balls in early march temps.  Volume in Db isn't a negative attribute as much as high pitch ringing metallic frequencies like the G425 had, so I appreciate opinions from folks where this is an important variable.

Thanks for the input.

I hate the sound.  To me, it's one of Ping's worst sounding drivers.  It sounds like an empty tin can to me.  That being said, many others disagree with me and the guys in my regular group don't find it as vomitus sounding as I do.

It is staying the in bag though, performance > sound for me.  I will jump to Ping's future release of the same club when it comes out in a couple years (if they improve the sound which they often do in the 2nd iteration).

Edited by ssf301
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ssf301 said:

I hate the sound.  To me, it's one of Ping's worst sounding drivers.  It sounds like an empty tin can to me.  That being said, many others disagree with me and the guys in my regular group don't find it as vomitus sounding as I do.

It is staying the in bag though, performance > sound for me.  I will jump to Ping's future release of the same club when it comes out in a couple years (if they improve the sound which they often do in the 2nd iteration).

Must be something different about yours.  Mines the best sounding Ping driver since the original Rapture.  Standard 10K with a Smoke RDX Red and a midsize tour velvet.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, skraly said:

Must be something different about yours.  Mines the best sounding Ping driver since the original Rapture.  Standard 10K with a Smoke RDX Red and a midsize tour velvet.

I don't think there is something different about mine.  it sounds just like my friend's does.  I think it's just a sound I dislike that you do not.

Sound is very subjective.

Edited by ssf301
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Locked said:

first ping driver i've bought and I wasn't familiar with the tip markings.  Did a fitting and when I got the club I was hitting fairways all day long but was 15-30 yards shorter than usual. The fitter put me in a 12 degree head turned down to 10.5 flat and that's where I had the best results.  

Hit it back to back with a random AI smoke that was in our club's sim room (don't even know what shaft was on it) and AI smoke was 30 yards longer and 10k was spinning like crazy.  Showed the data to a pro at my club who grabbed the club and realized that PING built the club wrong so it actually was delivered turned UP to 13.5 instead of down to 10.5.  

So now I got my distance back, feel good about the club, but now shaft graphics and such aren't lined up right.... oh well. 

Shaft graphics are set up with a standard setting. Mine is turned up a click and fairways win out over shaft letters.

wow, how can't you love the sound of long.   

will admit I don't play with my hearing aids in 🙂

• Haha 1

G430 MAX 10K 9° w/ventus velocore red 5s

G430 MAX threewood ping chrome tour2 65 S
Taylor Made SIM MAX2 5wood w/ventus velocore blue 7

Adams 23º 9031 proto w' diamana ahina 82
Eye2   3-SW

Oddessy Rossie nsl og slant neck.  

On 4/7/2024 at 9:44 AM, underwater said:

Thanks for the input.

the 10K with the Kai'li White X-Stiff is a bomber for me. it just wants to go straight and long

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K Kai'li White 60x

3w: Epic Flash Hzrdus 70x

Hybrid: Cally Apex 19°

4i-Pw: Ping i200 PX 6.0

Wedges: SM9 50° / 54° / 58°

Putter: Cally Ten S

6 hours ago, skraly said:

It definitely sounds worse and less solid than the 430 LST, a driver that basically everyone compliments on the feel and sound vs prior iterations. Much more hollow feeling and sounding. Tin can is very appropriate imo. 

love the perf but just outlining the cons for some people who care very much about these ( I do not and basically solely care about performance ). 

3 hours ago, doctor220 said:

It definitely sounds worse and less solid than the 430 LST, a driver that basically everyone compliments on the feel and sound vs prior iterations. Much more hollow feeling and sounding. Tin can is very appropriate imo. 

love the perf but just outlining the cons for some people who care very much about these ( I do not and basically solely care about performance ). 

Coming from the G425 Max, the 10K sounds quite a bit better. Less tinny, not quite as much of muted thud as the LST though. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 8:45 PM, mantan said:

Got a call from my clubfitter that my head was still showing 'in production' even though it was scheduled to be sent on 4/2. I had hoped to get it before a 4/15 golf trip.  But I'm lowering the chances from probable to doubtful.  I'll cancel it if it's not shipped.

I was on the fence....I love the G430 Max, so have no issues playing it awhile longer.

Got word that it'll be in Thursday, so will be able to get it before the trip after all...

• Like 1

PING G430 Max 10.5 

PING G430 5w
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

On 4/6/2024 at 7:39 PM, Hougz79 said:

Got this beast on the course for the first time today.  Wow.  It’s incredible.  My LST is going on the BST this weekend.  

I'm grabbing one tomorrow. I've played with 3 buddies so far who have it. It seems "automatic". Maybe I'll lose some distance, but I think it might be worth it. I've always played LS drivers. I've got 4 rounds in with my DarkSpeed LS. It's long. Very fast. But, I think I'm ready for more consistency. Hope I get the results that I'm seeing others get!!!

• Like 3

Like @ShortSticks, I also recently caved and bought a 10K. Found one on the BST with a Ventus Blue TR 6S. Came in yesterday but unfortunately haven't been able to hit it yet. This is my first Ping driver and I will say I was pretty taken aback by just how closed it sits in the standard adapter setting. I almost didn't buy it because it was a 12* head and I wanted a 10.5*, but feeling lucky now as I can loft it down and hopefully get the head to sit more square. I have seen the 10K at PGASS and put it down to look at as address and didn't think it sat as closed as this, so I'm wondering if the particular head I have isn't more closed than usual.

Anyways, very excited to take it out to the range and see what it has in the tank!

• Like 2

I have the 10k in 10.5° with the Alta CB shaft. I’ve been playing around with it lately and I’ve shortened it down to 45” kept the stock 28gr weight, but removed the butt weight it comes with and gone with a TV 360 lite grip. I’ve gone to the range with foot spray and lead tape to play around with, and this combo is working really well. Not sure what swingweight I’ve ended up at but plan putting it on a scale out of curiosity. 

31 minutes ago, GDB67 said:

I have the 9*,and started with the Kai’li white, which plays great for me. So of course… I just put in the new 2024 blue Ventus 6 VeloCore+  and boom! Level up. Amazing. 
i play both at 45.5” SS is about a smooth 107. 
it’s a gamer. 🍻

can you elaborate the difference between Kai'li and Velocore+?  Also the difference between your previous driver and the new 10k?  Thanx.  

Just got delivery of my Tour Chrome 2.0 from Ebay. The RDX Red has been decent and I'm getting good length out of it, I just feel like I can't consistently square it up and have to "work" a bit more than I'd like through impact. My old G425 Max 12º turned down to 10.5º was basically automatic in terms of fairway/edge of fairway, whereas the RDX has been a bit... mixed... on dispersion.

Had a good round with the RDX Red today, so it'll be a good A/B comparison. Going to head to the range Saturday morning before the Masters kicks off to do some testing on dispersion between the two. Given the Chrome is basically the reverse profile of the RDX I'll be interested to see how it feels.

G430 Max 10K (10.5º) - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º) - G425 4 Hybrid - i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz1