2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

2024 PING 10K Driver Info

ShortSticks

On 3/26/2024 at 1:06 PM, birdiestobogeys said:

Just bought mine. Went with a stock shaft Tour Black 2.0 75x.
It wasn’t in stock at my shop so had to be ordered. How long have they been taking for people to get them in? Figured a stock shaft and length can’t take too long. 

That’s what I figured too. Ordered everything standard in the 10k, but got the Kai Li in a 10.5 head and I’m coming up on a month since I placed the order at PGASS. 

Loving my 9* 10k set to 0 flat.  Very anti left.   It seems to be a touch longer (5-7yds) than the Max I played last year and I’m more accurate with it too.   

• Like 2

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

5 hours ago, Honeybadger said:

That’s what I figured too. Ordered everything standard in the 10k, but got the Kai Li in a 10.5 head and I’m coming up on a month since I placed the order at PGASS. 

That’s not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping we were past all the covid related slow downs. Oh well I guess we have to be patient. 

I have a 10.5 I'm playing at the big minus, but thinking I need 9 on the big minus. Have the tour black, ventus plus, tensei orange, and speeder nx.  

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

3 hours ago, WeritoK2 said:

Anyone gaming the 10K 9 degree at big minus? Wonder what shaft you guys using at 7.5 

Playing the 9° on the small minus, 8°, and have hit the Vanquish 4X (launches 14.5° and spins at 2400), and current gamer, the Ventus TR Blue 6X (launches 13.5° and spins 2250). My AoA is about 5-6° up. Also just got the new Ventus Velocore+ 5X that I’m hoping will be the goldilocks between the two, just haven’t gotten a chance to hit it yet. The Vanquish can get a little loose, but is surprisingly stable for as light as it is. The Ventus TR Blue feels great to start, but I feel like I have to work to get it to load later in the round. 

• Like 1

I'm very happy. This thing on my autoflex is much longer. I gained 20 yards on average today. I hit from farther down the fairway than ever before on nearly every tee shot today. There were a couple that were easily 40 yards farther than I have ever hit a drive on that hole in the past. I hit a couple of toe shots that went further than my best drives ever on that particular hole. The reasons appear to be less spin for a slightly longer carry and a ton more rollout. And it sounds so much more solid than the 425. I am impressed. Approach shots from 140 are so much nicer to have than 160. $368 well spent. 

• Like 4

I went ahead and placed an order for it after talking to my fitter even though my G430 Max is fantastic.  I trust him completely when he said it's worth all the buzz. Of course my G430 has shown out even more ever since I played the order. I'll just pop the current shaft I have into it and call it a day....

PING G430 Max 10.5 

PING G430 5w
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

2 hours ago, nacorn said:

How long is the turn around time these days? Placed a custom order through carls golfland 2 weeks ago and have not gotten any updates. 

thanks 

Right around 3 weeks depending upon components.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

On 3/26/2024 at 12:06 PM, birdiestobogeys said:

Just bought mine. Went with a stock shaft Tour Black 2.0 75x.
It wasn’t in stock at my shop so had to be ordered. How long have they been taking for people to get them in? Figured a stock shaft and length can’t take too long. 

Completely different shaft but I ordered a 10.5 degree with Hzrdous Smoke Red 50 in regular on 5 February and it finally shipped last Friday 29 March.

So basically eight weeks.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

So I had a bit of an issue with my 10k head. I tee'd one up too high and miss hit it pretty bad off the top of the face. It left a few scratches but I didn't think much of it. The following week or so i couldn't hit my 10k but 180 yards, 200 if I was lucky. I thought the issue was that I just sucked, which I do, but I just couldn't figure out how I went from hitting my 10k 260 reliably down to 180-200, I was out hitting my 10k with an AI smoke 4h and a tsr2 5w finally I decided I should clean up my 10k and give it a good look over. Got a jewelers loop out and there appeared to be a hairline crack which couldn't be seen from the naked eye.

You can't tell from the pictures, and I can't confirm that there was indeed any type of structural integrity issue. Anyways I took it in to my retailers ping reps to see what they thought because the more I hit it, it just seemed dead. They hit it off the trackman and saw I wasn't full of s*** and are overnighting me a new head. 

So kudos to ping! They're going to send it in for advanced scoping/testing to see exactly what happened. 

Only including pictures just to show where exactly I hit the ball. Could potentially be a weak point in the design or just a freak thing. Not really sure. 

Club was basically brand new when this happened. 

TLDR: don't suck and don't hit it off the top dead center of face 

IMG_6861.jpeg

IMG_6869.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, T626G said:

So I had a bit of an issue with my 10k head. I tee'd one up too high and miss hit it pretty bad off the top of the face. It left a few scratches but I didn't think much of it. The following week or so i couldn't hit my 10k but 180 yards, 200 if I was lucky. I thought the issue was that I just sucked, which I do, but I just couldn't figure out how I went from hitting my 10k 260 reliably down to 180-200, I was out hitting my 10k with an AI smoke 4h and a tsr2 5w finally I decided I should clean up my 10k and give it a good look over. Got a jewelers loop out and there appeared to be a hairline crack which couldn't be seen from the naked eye.

You can't tell from the pictures, and I can't confirm that there was indeed any type of structural integrity issue. Anyways I took it in to my retailers ping reps to see what they thought because the more I hit it, it just seemed dead. They hit it off the trackman and saw I wasn't full of s*** and are overnighting me a new head. 

So kudos to ping! They're going to send it in for advanced scoping/testing to see exactly what happened. 

Only including pictures just to show where exactly I hit the ball. Could potentially be a weak point in the design or just a freak thing. Not really sure. 

Club was basically brand new when this happened. 

TLDR: don't suck and don't hit it off the top dead center of face 

IMG_6861.jpeg

IMG_6869.jpeg

Happens to the best of us. Good to hear that Ping is sending a replacement. 

On 3/30/2024 at 7:36 PM, TNwanabe said:

I'm very happy. This thing on my autoflex is much longer. I gained 20 yards on average today. I hit from farther down the fairway than ever before on nearly every tee shot today. There were a couple that were easily 40 yards farther than I have ever hit a drive on that hole in the past. I hit a couple of toe shots that went further than my best drives ever on that particular hole. The reasons appear to be less spin for a slightly longer carry and a ton more rollout. And it sounds so much more solid than the 425. I am impressed. Approach shots from 140 are so much nicer to have than 160. $368 well spent. 

What’s your Autoflex setup? Flex? Weight? Length? Loft? Did you change back weight?

• Like 2

On 3/30/2024 at 9:15 PM, mantan said:

I went ahead and placed an order for it after talking to my fitter even though my G430 Max is fantastic.  I trust him completely when he said it's worth all the buzz. Of course my G430 has shown out even more ever since I played the order. I'll just pop the current shaft I have into it and call it a day....

Of course after putting a new one on order, I have match play, league stroke play and a casual round. My current G430 Max was absolutely fantastic. 

My fitter expects it to come in this week, he's wanted to make sure the head was a certain weight to match the shaft he fitted me for the G430.  When the G430 was on order, I HATED playing with my old driver.  It couldn't get here fast enough. Now I don't mind if it gets here in a week or 3.....

And am almost questioning why I'm chasing something else lol.

PING G430 Max 10.5 

PING G430 5w
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

On 3/30/2024 at 9:36 PM, TNwanabe said:

What are your specs for that set up? I've had this thought as well that the head would pair great with an autoflex type of shaft (I have a FreeFlex i was thinking of using), except I assumed with how heavy the clubhead is that it'd be really hard to get to an appropriate swing weight. 

• Like 2

On 3/30/2024 at 9:06 AM, Nideda24 said:

I play at 45” and all my shafts measure 44” from grip to adapter tip for Ping. 

Wanted to close the loop on this.

my 10K just arrived, at 45.25” - sorry boys, I’m trusting Ping on this scenario.

44”>plays 45.25” (no Arrcos) with a standard Tour Velvet 360

IMG_6363.jpeg

Edited by Brooks_Cupcake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phebus said:

There must be variation depending on shaft, as my 10k with the Alta CB comes from Ping to play at 45.75” and my shaft measured 44.75” from tip to grip end. 

It’s likely whether or not you measured yours with Arrcos or not. This is the 3rd one I’ve checked and they all come out to 44” for the ones that are supposed to play 45.25”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mantan said:

And am almost questioning why I'm chasing something else lol.

Eh, why not...while nobody in the 430 Max "needs" to get into a 10K, why not give it a try as you are doing. I am sure I'll try it at some point.

Great to have the 430 Max to fall back on, and mine is performing great at the start of this season with some new life with a different shaft. Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 and 5 Woods, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

2 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

It’s likely whether or not you measured yours with Arrcos or not. This is the 3rd one I’ve checked and they all come out to 44” for the ones that are supposed to play 45.25”

I measured mine without Arrcos. With Arrcos added I could see where it would be 1.25” difference. I measured from tip of adapter to end of TV 360 grip cap and playing length of driver was 1” longer then shaft length. 
That said, I do plan on cutting my shaft 3/4” to give me 45” playing length and then going through the diy fitting tutorial to dial in swingweight. First thing I’m going to do if I want a higher swingweight is to remove the 8gr butt weight from the CB Alta shaft so I don’t end up adding more static weight and going from there. 

12 hours ago, KnoxvilleReb said:

What are your specs for that set up? I've had this thought as well that the head would pair great with an autoflex type of shaft (I have a FreeFlex i was thinking of using), except I assumed with how heavy the clubhead is that it'd be really hard to get to an appropriate swing weight. 

Sorry somewhat off topic. 

Mine is an SF405 cut to 46". I have a CPX regular grip on it. I was using the g425 in it until I got the 10K. !0k is better. The G425 was good but the 10K is another step up. I use the regular back weights. I tried to "get the right swing weight" with a Maverick head, different weights, lead tape, ect. and went through all the posts about the subject. Its nonsense. Just put your 10K on it and start to rip drives. 

It will look and feel very waggly until you swing it. At the top the loading is superb, and the feel of the shaft doing work through impact is unlike any other shaft I have used. 

Its expensive. I took a (educated) chance, and it worked out. I did it again with the 10k. Together they are allowing me to hit the ball further than I have in decades. I dont think a young, strong hitter necessarily needs this shaft, but if you are reaching an age where you are losing distance because your club head speed is going down this shaft will help you. The 10K is the icing on the cake for me. 

• Like 2

For those squabbling over the length deal. Keep in mind too that playing length can vary depending on which hosel setting you are using too. 

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2