TaylorMade Qi-10 Drivers! In-Hand Pics!

Seeing lots of backweight options on tm site. Guessing higher back weight could add spin to keep the head more under control. Anyone test these in a fit yet/what comes std?

Knuckle balls are cool but I saw gains from s2+ keeping spin 2k consistently. Kinda scared for how this thing will launch/spin

Tour Issue SIM [email protected] Ventus Blue 6tx

Stealth 2 Plus 16.5 Ventus Blue 7x

Apex UW OG 21 Fuji Tour Spec 8x

2019 T100 4-PW AMT X100 White

SM8 50F12, SM9 56F14 Raw, SM8 08M Raw

Futura 5W 35" 2018 version

I visited my local shop during lunch today. 

They had the Ping 10K, TM Qi 10, Cobra DS, and Callaway Smoke. 

I didn't get a chance to hit them, but when I lined up the clubs at address, this TM was the only one that sat looking shut. I know from SIM, the paint job for the next iteration was a big deal because so many Tour guys wanted to see the face looking shut. Now, they really did it but it seems like they did it with the overall shape and not necessarily the paint job. I will say the LS head was more of a TSR3 type shape - very pear shaped, but the bulge/rounded part seemed more on the toe side, whereas other forgiving drivers have a very even elongated shape, if that makes sense. This club did look like it had a deeper/taller face compared to Ping 10K which sits very shallow and has a ridiculously wide body.  

If TM made a LS driver that's super stable like the other players, but also with a shut looking face and traditional pear shape, this one is going to be popular. 

Edited by stevechooster

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6S

Stealth+ 15* w/ Ventus Blue 7S

TSR3 18* w/ Tour AD UB 8S

23' T200 4-6 w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

23' T150 7-PW w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

RTX 6 ZipCore 52, 56, 60 w/ DG Spinner

Mezz.1 Max

ProV1

Please don't tempt me with your WTS/WTT posts...

8 hours ago, btyh said:

From TXG review it was really low spin but throughout the entire line up, it looked like he was hitting relatively low off the face. Qi10 seems like it's going to be in alot of bags

Would have been nice to see him move into a 9 degree head. Just my opinion his launch window wasn’t height enough to produce good numbers 

• Like 1

TAYLORMADE QI 10LS 8* GD VF 50 X

PING G425 LST 14.5 Rogue 80X

PING G430 HY 17* Tour 2.0 X

PING G430 HY 19* Tour 2.0 X

PING BLUEPRINT S Accra Green 125

PING S159 50S, 54H, 58S Accra 130

I series steel shafts 

PING OSLO 3 PLD PLUS no sight line dot only                   

All 3 look great at address for sure.  Looking forward to trying these!  Glad to see the lie angles are staying flatter

• Like 4

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

15 hours ago, mogc60 said:

Would have been nice to see him move into a 9 degree head. Just my opinion his launch window wasn’t height enough to produce good numbers 

I think he was in a 9° head turned down like his gamer. I would of liked to see a 10.5 turned down to get the face angle he liked while adding enough spin 

• Like 1

I like it; the shape, the way it sits at address and so on but the reflection I would find seriously off putting. I appreciate the photography probably makes it seem worse but it's a lot of reflection.

Ping G425 Max 10.5° @ 9.5° Mitsubishi Tensei AV Orange 65 X
Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 3w 15° Mitsubishi Kai'li White 70 X

Srixon ZX Mk II Utility 3 20° @ 19° Nippon N.S. PRO Modus3 Tour 120 S

Srixon ZX Mk II Utility 4 23° @ 22° Nippon N.S. PRO Modus3 Tour 120 S

Srixon ZX7 Mk II 5 - P Nippon N.S. PRO Modus3 Tour 120 S
Vokey SM9 Tour Chrome 50.08F, 54.10S & 58.08M
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

Some initial thoughts....  (I have not seen any of these in person, but am a bit excited to see them.)

1)  Hopefully, this driver series will not explode (literally) on the driving ranges and golf courses after high-speed players use it.

2)  The headcover.  Really?  I know it is good looking and unique, but are we really seeming more excited about the headcover than the actual driver?  (Also, the thing is white and has a pebble grain look to it, so this thing will get super dirty, super fast!)

3)  At a now retail price point of $629.99 (for the LS), I HOPE the driver is better than the Stealth 2.  My numbers didn't change at all from the Stealth Plus to Stealth 2 Plus.  It also better be more durable than the previous "carbonwoods" and actually be even more forgiving than the previous models, and not just be a "cool headcover".)

4)  I wonder what the differences are between a Tour head and a retail head with this new Qi10 model?

5)  I wonder why they got rid of the satin finish on the top of the crowns that they had in Sim, Sim2, Stealth, Stealth Plus?  I like the non-glare.  Now, Stealth 2, and Qi10 are glossy finish.  (I suppose it is to show off the carbon weave in the crown?)

Edited by WSUWarriorPGAPro

I’m looking mainly at the MAX. That level of stability without giving up distance is enticing. 

This fitting video below with Hannah Holden (who can strike it!) is interesting. Engineer on the TM design team moves her into a less lofted head in the MAX because the back weight is so deep it adds dynamic loft at impact. He also tells her they cannot increase the back weight of the MAX or it will be non-conforming due to excessive MOI. Some interesting details. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

6 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

I’m looking mainly at the MAX. That level of stability without giving up distance is enticing. 

This fitting video below with Hannah Holden (who can strike it!) is interesting. Engineer on the TM design team moves her into a less lofted head in the MAX because the back weight is so deep it adds dynamic loft at impact. He also tells her they cannot increase the back weight of the MAX or it will be non-conforming due to excessive MOI. Some interesting details. 

Nice to see the swedish author of the swedish golfmagazine in the background 😀

the Max is a great driver- my guess is still that it will be the best seller

• Like 1

In the video with the tour pros they seemed to acknowledge the durability issues.  He noted that the ti chassis was too rigid so when the face flexes,  it's flexing into a rigid frame and causes the separation.   They indicated that they have made that chassis flex now to better resolve that issue.    Will be interesting to see.

Personally I love the top line of this.   The way the carbon crown was done on the Sim and Stealth always created an optical illusion for me that made me set up with the clubface closed down.

21 hours ago, Goldenhawk said:

Coming from a Stealth 2+, the Qi10 is definitely easier to hit.  The LS was really low spinning and I had no business going there.  The Max was on the other end of the spectrum.

Testing shafts for the Qi10 the next couple of weeks.

IMG_0817.jpeg

IMG_0818.jpeg

Went to GG and looked at the demo heads. This and the LS looked good in person. The employee even said he's looking forward to see the durability. Said taylormade made improvements but he didn't sound confident saying it to me. 

3 hours ago, btyh said:

Went to GG and looked at the demo heads. This and the LS looked good in person. The employee even said he's looking forward to see the durability. Said taylormade made improvements but he didn't sound confident saying it to me. 

From my discussions with the TM rep, the reason that the carbon faces kept popping off the titanium frame was that the frame was too rigid and all the impact pressure was absorbed by the carbon face.  So only the carbon face moved, while the titanium frame didn’t.  The new titanium frame is designed to have some flex to it, and now moves with the carbon face at impact.  A new adhesive with flexible properties is also being used to glue the carbon face to the frame.

• Like 2

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 10K, 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

TaylorMade Qi10 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Fujikura Ventus TR Blue FW 65 R

Titleist T350 Irons, 4-PW, TT AMT Black R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

30 minutes ago, Goldenhawk said:

From my discussions with the TM rep, the reason that the carbon faces kept popping off the titanium frame was that the frame was too rigid and all the impact pressure was absorbed by the carbon face.  So only the carbon face moved, while the titanium frame didn’t.  The new titanium frame is designed to have some flex to it, and now moves with the carbon face at impact.  A new adhesive with flexible properties is also being used to glue the carbon face to the frame.

That's what he said. Q10 is definitely the best looking for 24-25 season

1 hour ago, Goldenhawk said:

Shocking to me that issue wouldn’t have been seen in the development of the Stealth series. 

Hmm.. I may like this driver. It is putting up good numbers with a poorly fit shaft and a trash winter swing..

posted below is probably an average swing swing. I topped out at 178 ball speed. The spin is perfect for me in the standard head. Way too low on the LS head. I couldn’t get it above 1900. Even with a 10.5. Maybe with a different ball. I was hitting a 2023 TP5x.

but if I was buying a driver today. It would be the standard.. but I think more testing and better fit shaft would be good. I was hitting these with the tensei white and I am not a tensei fan.. so I think there is more in the tank. Especially when I am swinging more regularly. These are the first swings I have made in I think 3 weeks..

the feel is good, i like how it looks way better than the stealth. The sound is pretty good ( hard to tell indoors). Feedback is great.

I also like the fairway woods..

the max is big, it felt heavy and slow. But the bugger just wants to go straight.. so I guess you could say it does what it should. 

IMG_4140.jpeg

IMG_4139.jpeg

IMG_4135.jpeg

IMG_4134.jpeg

IMG_4133.jpeg

IMG_4128.jpeg

• Like 4

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

The LS shape is super nice. I think I like the shape better than the Darkspeed LS (haven't seen Qi in person). Excited to hit. $629 is just an absurd price for 1 club.

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Anyone find out where we can get Headcovers? 

Also, I am leaning towards the standard model. Coming from Stealth+. 

Titleist TSR2 10.0: Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR2 4-16.5: Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 5-19.5: MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
Titleist T200 4: DG AMT X100
Titleist T100 5-PW: DG AMT X100
Titleist SM8 50, 54, 60: DG Tour Issue S400
Odyssey Ai Jailbird Mini DB 34" 

Grips Lamkin Full Cord; logo down 

On 1/13/2024 at 7:25 PM, QuigleyDU said:

Hmm.. I may like this driver. It is putting up good numbers with a poorly fit shaft and a trash winter swing..

posted below is probably an average swing swing. I topped out at 178 ball speed. The spin is perfect for me in the standard head. Way too low on the LS head. I couldn’t get it above 1900. Even with a 10.5. Maybe with a different ball. I was hitting a 2023 TP5x.

but if I was buying a driver today. It would be the standard..

Your experience is consistent with mine, and I think will be the same for all but the freaky-fastest and higher spinning players. 

Qi10LS is a very niche-y piece. For 99.9% of players, LS is great for making TrackMan squeal in the fitting bay but nothing more while the core Qi10 is the much more useful tool for playing real golf. Rory switching into the core model from the LS and promptly winning, while highly anecdotal, is nonetheless telling.

Edited by bcflyguy1

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

It's probably the best driver this year.

Didn't like the smoke. The paradym last year was better IMO.

The Darkspeed is good, but the mishits are oof and I'm just so wild with it.

I just worry about the taylormade, because of course I'm worried the face is going to fall off. 

• Haha 2

WITB

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Core - Ventus Blue+ 6x (45)

4 Wood: Taylormade Qi10 Core - Ventus Blue+ 7x

3 Utility: Mizuno 2024 Pro Fli-Hi - Ventus Blue HB 9x

Irons: Titleist T150 4,5 / T100 6-PW - MMT 125 TX

Wedges: SM10 Raw 52, 56, 60 - MMT 125 TX

Putter: Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Cruiser (35.5)

Balls: Titleist ProV1x

14 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

Your experience is consistent with mine, and I think will be the same for all but the freaky-fastest and higher spinning players. 

Qi10LS is a very niche-y piece. For 99.9% of players, LS is great for making TrackMan squeal in the fitting bay but nothing more while the core Qi10 is the much more useful tool for playing real golf. Rory switching into the core model from the LS and promptly winning, while highly anecdotal, is nonetheless telling.

I don't think we can compare Rors in general or his "dot" Qi10 core model to anything retail or amateur based in regards to telling. Right now LS has 2 wins with Fleetwood and Dunlap, but I agree with your fitting perspective. People will chase LM distance and forget the practicality needed to post a good score on the course. 

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Ventus Blue w/ Velocore+ 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Project X Denali 70x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (RDX Smoke 85x)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
Odyssey   Jailbird Cruiser modified to regular. 34.6" w/ SuperStroke 3.0 17"/ 5g weights

Spent some more time with Q today. The standard head is by far the best for me. Produces an easy high draw. That I can go after. That with the haz black shaft that I loath..

BALL; Chrome Soft X

On 1/23/2024 at 8:57 AM, UnderPar18 said:

I don't think we can compare Rors in general or his "dot" Qi10 core model to anything retail or amateur based in regards to telling. Right now LS has 2 wins with Fleetwood and Dunlap, but I agree with your fitting perspective. People will chase LM distance and forget the practicality needed to post a good score on the course. 

Wrx got to wrx..

BALL; Chrome Soft X