Traveling to Phoenix.....Some course info for you

One_Putt_Blunder

36 a day is certainly doable, but you have to be one of the first groups off in the morning.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

I got booked Camelback - Padre for Thursday and Verde River for Friday. Both courses look really fun and look forward to playing out there. I missed out on a couple courses by not booking quick enough but it was hard to choose and needing 3x tee times made it harder.

Thanks for the feedback though. Excited to play golf in the warm sun and escape the winter.

Planning a trip to Phoenix/Scottsdale for the beginning of February. We'd like to play 5 rounds of golf, what would you guys recommend for low to mid range courses to play? I played Ak Chin Southern Dunes, Las sendas and Talking Stick last time I was there. The guys I'm going with are used to playing in Myrtle in March so golf costs are much cheaper vs prime season in Phoenix. Would you guys use a booking service for the golf for 8 people and could you recommend a service to use?

Next time I go back I would play Talking Stick's other course, Pipaash I think its called, and Verde River which gets some love. Then I would look for deals on Golf Now or Tee Off for the likes of Pinnacle, Cholla, Talon or TPC Champions. Dont forget the par 3 course Mountain Shadows and maybe Raven or Papago. But think about going to Wickenburg which is a way to go but really good.

Planning a trip to Phoenix/Scottsdale for the beginning of February. We'd like to play 5 rounds of golf, what would you guys recommend for low to mid range courses to play? I played Ak Chin Southern Dunes, Las sendas and Talking Stick last time I was there. The guys I'm going with are used to playing in Myrtle in March so golf costs are much cheaper vs prime season in Phoenix. Would you guys use a booking service for the golf for 8 people and could you recommend a service to use?

Next time I go back I would play Talking Stick's other course, Pipaash I think its called, and Verde River which gets some love. Then I would look for deals on Golf Now or Tee Off for the likes of Pinnacle, Cholla, Talon or TPC Champions. Dont forget the par 3 course Mountain Shadows and maybe Raven or Papago. But think about going to Wickenburg which is a way to go but really good.

Agree with Verde River. Legend Trail is great course and can usually be had for less than $100 (they are on the booking sites but usually the deals are just as good on their website). Both Verrado courses are usually less than $125 and Southern Dunes as well. Pinnacle and Cholla aren't on booking sites and won't be inexpensive although they are great courses, but you are looking at well over $200. Everyone here is a fan of TPC Champions, me not so much, but it can probably be had for$125 or so. Mountain Shadows is the best par 3 course you will ever play, and the setting is jaw drop beautiful. Papago should work if you can get on, but it will be tough. Raven is OK, but not desert golf. Wickenburg worth the drive, but even with the drive will probably be $150 or so.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

I'll be in town for the tournament as well. I just booked Karsten for $62 on Monday Feb. 4th (the day after the tournament). It's $99 on Friday the 1st (which was the other day I was looking at to play).

Sorry to hear that!

What's wrong with Karsten? We didn't want to stray too far away from where we were staying and didn't want to spend a fortune. It satisfied both of those needs. I've never played there. Golfnow reviews seem a little mixed. A lot of people reporting bad conditions over the summer but the more recent reviews are good. What's the deal with this place?

I'll be in town for the tournament as well. I just booked Karsten for $62 on Monday Feb. 4th (the day after the tournament). It's $99 on Friday the 1st (which was the other day I was looking at to play).

Sorry to hear that!

What's wrong with Karsten? We didn't want to stray too far away from where we were staying and didn't want to spend a fortune. It satisfied both of those needs. I've never played there. Golfnow reviews seem a little mixed. A lot of people reporting bad conditions over the summer but the more recent reviews are good. What's the deal with this place?

Simply a terrible golf course of little interest that is also rarely in good shape. Oh and there are no views to make up for the poor design. Locals won’t miss it when it is gone.

Sorry to hear that!

Simply a terrible golf course of little interest that is also rarely in good shape. Oh and there are no views to make up for the poor design. Locals won’t miss it when it is gone.

Interesting. What's up with an elite college program having such a dumpy course? All the university tracks I've ever played have been good. Heck, in my area the U courses are among the nicest public courses around.

I can cancel up to 48 hours in advance.

Sorry to hear that!

Blow it up! Blow it up! Blow it up!

Manufactured, out of place, Pete Dye nonsense.

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

Sorry to hear that!

Interesting. What's up with an elite college program having such a dumpy course? All the university tracks I've ever played have been good. Heck, in my area the U courses are among the nicest public courses around.

I can cancel up to 48 hours in advance.

ASU moved the team to Papago.

Karsten is what it is. When it was made in the 80s the whole tricked up, move every grain of dirt to make random mounding was all the rage. There must have been a huge sale on railroad ties and buried Volkswagen bugs. When it is in good shape it does look kind of nice in isolation (if you ignore the neighboring power plant and all the giant construction cranes). It is kind of like a 7 at the club... After you play it, it turns into a 2.

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

Planning our foursome's annual 4 day golf trip to the Phoenix area. This year we're renting a house in Mesa. I'd appreciate feedback on a couple questions.

First, we're playing on Super Bowl Sunday and would like to find a course near Mesa to watch the game after our round. Any suggestions on courses for under $100 that have a nice bar/restaurant for catching the game?

Also, on our last day we're driving across town to play Verrado. We've played the Founders course and loved it. Is the Victory course comparable? Thanks!

Planning our foursome's annual 4 day golf trip to the Phoenix area. This year we're renting a house in Mesa. I'd appreciate feedback on a couple questions.

First, we're playing on Super Bowl Sunday and would like to find a course near Mesa to watch the game after our round. Any suggestions on courses for under $100 that have a nice bar/restaurant for catching the game?

Also, on our last day we're driving across town to play Verrado. We've played the Founders course and loved it. Is the Victory course comparable? Thanks!

Victory is very different. It was built on an old Caterpillar testing site I believe. Nothing but fairways and rocks....no trees. I did enjoy it and would play it again.

How do Troon Pinnacle and Monument differentiate from each other? Is one regarded as better?

Monument is considered easier and a lesser golf course. It also has the best 7 hole stretch out there (10-16) and the worst 9 (front 9). Good either way overall though.

Yeah I love that stretch better than anything else on property but the rest of the course is so repetitive. Hence pinnacle getting rated higher.

The short par 4 and short par 3 might be two of the best examples of those style holes in the valley. The green complex on 16 is nasty(good) and really forces a good shot to make a 2 or easy 3. Miss it and 3 putt city.....

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

So looking at the weather, I assume frost delays have been an issue? I have the first tee time in a couple weeks to catch a flight, I am a little worried about it. I was expecting it to be chilly early in the round, but when I checked earlier it was 31?!

Frost or snow in case of Desert Mountain, Probably closer to 27-29 at higher elevation courses like Troon, Legend Trail Wekopa, etc. Who knows what the weather will be just as likely to be 75 with a low of 50 as it is to be a frost delay. Basically gonna be one of those it is what it is type situations. You may get in a round or may have to bail

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

I'm heading out on the 16th. Forecast looks pretty good with highs in the mid-60's, and lows in the low 40's. Unlike most trips I'll only be playing one round a day, so I'll likely tee it up in the late morning when things have warmed up a bit. I generally try to play new courses, but this trip I'm going to play courses I've played before. I'll likely book rounds at Troon Pinnacle, Desert Ridge (Faldo), Eagle Mountain, and possibly Southern Dunes the last day.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Heading there next month, I have booked:

TPC stadium

Papago

Legacy

Lookout mountain at Tapatio (first course, looking for something easy, guys haven’t played in months)

Trying to find 1 more, possibly Raven or Quintero, what would you guys choose or remove from our current list? Trying to keep a reasonable budget.

Replace Tapatio. Horrible target golf. Not a place to knock of the rust as you’ll be losing a ton of balls if you are spraying it. Talking Stick would be a good warm up. One more would be We Ko Pa Saguaro.

Heading there next month, I have booked:

TPC stadium

Papago

Legacy

Lookout mountain at Tapatio (first course, looking for something easy, guys haven’t played in months)

Trying to find 1 more, possibly Raven or Quintero, what would you guys choose or remove from our current list? Trying to keep a reasonable budget.

I’d replace lookout mountain with verde river or Tpc champions

I'm heading out on the 16th. Forecast looks pretty good with highs in the mid-60's, and lows in the low 40's. Unlike most trips I'll only be playing one round a day, so I'll likely tee it up in the late morning when things have warmed up a bit. I generally try to play new courses, but this trip I'm going to play courses I've played before. I'll likely book rounds at Troon Pinnacle, Desert Ridge (Faldo), Eagle Mountain, and possibly Southern Dunes the last day.

Great! We all know you don't like early morning rounds if you have a choice so the 1 round a day gives you time to get up, breakfast, warm up and play in the warmest part of the day. :rockon:

Attached is an Excel file of some research we have done for a trip to Scottsdale the first week of April. If you have the time and advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Arriving in Scottsdale in first week of April. Already locked in for a round at Troon Monument, WeKoPa Saguaro, and Mountain Shadows Par 3 Course.

We will playing another four rounds in addition to those. Most likely one more top tier, but looking to fill the rest with rounds under $130 (really hoping for $100 and less but I know that's difficult this time of year). It will be our first time in Scottsdale, so any info would be great on which ones to slash off the list for sure. Any of my prices seem way to high for the course and time of year? This is just some research I've tried to gage off of websites. Ignore the minutes column, just how far each course is from where we are staying.

Also, besides golfnow, which booking sites offer great deals? Its been hard to gage price since most courses aren't listing prices for first week of April quite yet.

www.teeoff.com

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Attached is an Excel file of some research we have done for a trip to Scottsdale the first week of April. If you have the time and advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Arriving in Scottsdale in first week of April. Already locked in for a round at Troon Monument, WeKoPa Saguaro, and Mountain Shadows Par 3 Course.

We will playing another four rounds in addition to those. Most likely one more top tier, but looking to fill the rest with rounds under $130 (really hoping for $100 and less but I know that's difficult this time of year). It will be our first time in Scottsdale, so any info would be great on which ones to slash off the list for sure. Any of my prices seem way to high for the course and time of year? This is just some research I've tried to gage off of websites. Ignore the minutes column, just how far each course is from where we are staying.

Also, besides golfnow, which booking sites offer great deals? Its been hard to gage price since most courses aren't listing prices for first week of April quite yet.

Red = No Way

Yellow = Not at those prices

Green = good choices, but need to find cheaper pricing

49348829_10156440633686939_1365422776877318144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=5b8a7f918a4be1e06db3d2c2624ac50f&oe=5CC6051B