Have to have a quarter dated 1972 or lower
    Ping G400 LST 9.5 w/ Rogue 125 TX
    Ping G30 13 w/ Tour AD-DI 8x
    Ping S55 (3-P) w/ Tour Issue DG x100 +.5
    Ping Tour Gorge 52/56/60 w/ DG TI S400
    Scotty 009/ Scotty FB+ Circle T
    Titleist Pro V1x
  • mjfornmjforn Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Well I've stated this before, I always clean each club after I use it. Then I put the covers on them, irons and metals. I didn't do that the beginning of the year and was surprised at how bet up the irons got. So I willl from now on.

I take my glove off after I hit and change it out after 9 or less. I keep all gloves neatly folded in an envelope in the bag, one glove one envelope.

image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
    Matt

Callaway GBB Epic 9*

Callaway Rogue Graphite R-Flex 4-AW

Cleveland CBX 52*, 56*, 60*

Odyssey Works SS #1 Putter

Ammo:
    K 3s
    Titleist Tour Soft
    Titliest NXT s
    K Sigs (in the shag bag)

• Jacob37Jacob37 Members Posts: 95 ClubWRX
    This is one i haven’t seen, but i can’t stand to ride with someone in cart while they’re holding their club for the next shot. Example, they pitch on the green and go ahead and get their putter out while I’m preparing for my approach shot and then the ride with their putter
  • MelloYelloMelloYello Upstate, SCMembers Posts: 3,395 ✭✭
    I have to be the first one to the next tee....

...get the F out of my way!!!!
    Driver: TaylorMade M3 (10.5) w. Tensei Pro Orange
    Fairway: Titleist 915 F (18) w. Diamana Blueboard
    Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics E8 (19)
    Irons: Titleist 716 CB (4-Pw)
    Wedges: Vokey SM6 52-F / 56-F / 60-S
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Select
  • smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members Posts: 1,061 ✭✭
    I use pink tees. Pink zero friction tees. Nobody bums tees from me.
  • scagnettiscagnetti Haq Attaq Members Posts: 549 ✭✭
    smashdn wrote:

I use pink tees. Pink zero friction tees. Nobody bums tees from me.
    i use pink step up tees

i feel you bru
    Winter Bag

Sun Mountain 2017 4.5LS Stand Bag
    PING Anser 9* GD Tour AD Di-6-X
    PING Rapture (2014) 13* 3W Aldila RIP Phenom Tour 70-X
    Wilson/Staff D-100 17* 2H Matrix Ozik Altus 5.6-S
    Callaway Apex UT 21* & 24* UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
    Adams Idea Black CB2 5-PW KBS Tour 90-S
    Nike VR Pro X3X 52/10 & 58/08  DG S400
    Odyssey TD Black 9
  • The Real PacmanThe Real Pacman Members Posts: 79 ✭✭

I'm with you on the clean clubs thing. I like to keep my ball clean as well, and I can't stand big scuff marks on my ball. If it's small, I'll keep it in play, but if its a big one, I throw it in my bag and take it home to my "practice bucket"

• ballzoballzo Sacramento, CAMembers Posts: 639 ✭✭

Everything unfortunately.

Tour Edge XCG6 9*
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15* Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff
    Sonartec MD 17* Fujikura Banzai stiff
    Sonartec MD 21* Fujikura Banzai stiff
    Sonartec MD 25* Fujikura Banzai stiff
    MacGregor Pro-C 5-P S300
    Scratch Golf JLM-SND 52*, JLM-SFU 58*
    Scotty Cameron California Series Del Mar
    Titleist NXT Tour S
  • KirasdadKirasdad Kirasdad Members Posts: 744 ✭✭
    edited May 24, 2019 5:32am #580

I have an odd one. I want nothing in the trunk of my car except my clubs (cleaned and ready to go) and my shoes (cleaned and ready to go) nothing else. No clothes or extra shoes, spare clubs, or sunscreen or water bottles, no jumper cables or car gear, nothing. Before a round I’ll go out to the car to check and make sure the trunk is in order. It’s weird, and doesn’t show up anywhere else, just the trunk.

Current bag:
    Callaway BB 43.75” 10 degrees (actual 11 degree loft)
    PING G10 4 wood 17 degrees
    Sonatec 20 deg. hybrid
    PVG component 5-PW Apollo stepless steel
    Ram Watson SW
    Acushnet Bullseye putter

• aenematedaenemated Los Angeles, CAMembers Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited May 24, 2019 6:55am #581

I can't have anything in my pockets not used for the round ... and the things are very specific and belong in specific pockets.

Front right: Three black tees. If I break one, I have to grab another out of my bag and replace it in the pocket. Ball currently in play goes there from green to next tee.
    Rear right: Scorecard/yardage book
    Rear left: Nothing
    Front left: Red ball mark repairer and one 1 Colon coin from my trip to Costa Rica several years ago, which I use as a mark. Brought back 100 of them and so far have only managed to lose a couple.

I feel oddly off balance if this isn't right.

... golfers. What a weird bunch.

Titleist TS3 Driver 9.5°
    Titleist TS2 3W, 5W, 7W
    PXG 0311T 4-PW
    TaylorMade MG 52°, 58°
    Scotty Cameron GoLo
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

• gsea33gsea33 Members Posts: 699 ✭✭

@Jacob37 said:
    This is one i haven’t seen, but i can’t stand to ride with someone in cart while they’re holding their club for the next shot. Example, they pitch on the green and go ahead and get their putter out while I’m preparing for my approach shot and then the ride with their putter

You and I will never ride together lol

Titleist 975D 10.5
    Titleist 975F 14.5
    Titleist 975F 20.5
    Ping Eye 2 2, 4-SW BECU
    Titleist Acushnet Bullseye

• jarheadjarhead Members Posts: 34 ✭✭

Clubs clean. Shoes clean. Clubs in correct slots in the bag. Three tees in left pocket; Two longs and a short. Extra ball in right back pocket. Three pennies, a dime and ball-mark tool in right front pocket. And of course about 75 other little things that I don't even notice. And that's just while playing golf.

• Egs57Egs57 Members Posts: 15 ✭✭

Clean clubs to start a round. I’ve even cleaned my clubs twice before a round!

• jonnymc44jonnymc44 Manchester UKMembers Posts: 118 ✭✭

Not too many things, but a few that would drive me insane if they weren't all followed...

• My bag has a 14-way divider, and each club has to go in its own slot, and in ascending loft order. If someone takes a club out and doesn't put it back in the correct slot I can feel my blood boil.
    • I have now perfected my pre-shot routine. Whatever the shot I will always go through the same routine; I will always try to exaggerate my downswing keeping my right elbow in stood a couple of paces behind my ball. I will walk back further and take a line with my club held out vertically in front of me. I'll line once at a distant object and again with a line a couple of feet beyond the ball. At this point I'll address the ball keeping my eye on the line just beyond the ball. At address I will shrug my shoulders a few times to get correct shoulder alignment, relax my complete body then I am ready to hit my shot. If I don't do one part right, or doesn't feel good I'll start again. It takes no longer than 20 seconds.
    • We don't have the same prevalence of golf carts in the UK so I always carry/push my clubs on a trolley, so everything tends to be in my pockets, barring drinks, snacks, extra balls etc. Each pocket has a purpose: Front right - tees, ball marker, pitch mark repairer and club cleaner. Front left- glove when not in use. Back right - card and pencil. Back left - phone.
  • OldFrog75OldFrog75 Fort Worth, TexasMembers Posts: 80 ✭✭

New golf balls. Something about them. Perfect little orbs - like pearls. Can't resist them. Always have about 100 more than I need.

• ctsgolfctsgolf Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    edited Jun 3, 2019 6:27pm #587

Club face has to be clean.
    Ball has to be clean on the greens.
    I also take my glove off after every shot.

Taylormade M1  Speeder 661 Evo
    Ping G  Aldila NV 75s
    Titleist T-MB 20°  DG S400
    Titleist 695CB  DG S300 (4-PW)
    Cleveland RTX 2.0  52°, 56°, 60°
    Taylormade  TP Berwick 

6/10; Monroe Invitational [Q]  |  Monroe Golf Club (NY)
    6/22; (RDGA) District Champ [Q]  |  FarView Golf Course (NY)
    6/30; (NYSGA) Men's Amateur [Q]  |  Wayne Hills Country Club (NY)

• TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 497 ✭✭

looking back while walking off the green.... lost a RF putter HC cover once, never again bruh.

• mogc60mogc60 Members Posts: 447 ✭✭

@DZClark said:
    I will have a go at this one....

1) have to have my clubs in their proper spot. I can't have a wedge mixing in with my 5 iron...

2) when I hit the green and walk to the green with my putter (assuming i am riding), my putter headcover has to be on top of my alignment stick. To just lay it across the top or put it on the ground, guarantees a 3 putt...trust me, this is true

3) Finally, I have to have 2 tees, both black, 2 coins (one large one small) and a ball mark tool in my pocket on the tee...failure to do this guarantees a snap hook or if there is water or OB right, a high ugly slice....trust me, this is true

Other than that...I don't care.

Brother? Is that you? I can’t believe it’s you...
    Hahaha
    We might be twins! No 2 not so much but 1 and 3 are exactly what I am.

• JoelsimJoelsim Members Posts: 915 ✭✭

Got to clean my club after each shot, they never go back into my bag dirty.

And as per others, sticky labels are removed as soon as new clubs are delivered.

Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Stiff Ping Tour 65
    TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver 13.5 Regular Diamana F Ltd
    Titleist 818 H1 19 and 23 Hybrids Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
    Ping G410 SW Regular Alta
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X and 64 S
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3
    Bettinardi BB39
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line
    Odyssey Exo 7s
    Cleveland Huntington Beach #10
    JuCad X300
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,043 ✭✭

The fit and finish of my “tools”. Gotta be spotless and in the best working condition possible. Never going to find mud and debris on my equipment. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • jimb6golfjimb6golf Members Posts: 1,556 ✭✭

Noticed this weekend just how much it bothers me when someone, whether it be in my group or an adjacent group, makes a noise or hits a ball while I am attempting to tee off. Much more than it should. This weekend I sent some balls off to the nether worlds when someone made a noise, even a slight one. While another guy in my group can have someone talking to him while he's teeing off. And with clubs, they have to be in the same slot in the bag and the headcover cannot fall on the ground while hitting the club. Now that I think about it I have quite a few quirks in the game.

• lonscicleslonscicles Members Posts: 79 ✭✭

@Sean2 said:
    For me it is keeping my equipment pristine. I wipe down my club after every shot, and after the round I thoroughly clean them.

Depending on the weather I clean my grips weekly, as well as wash my golf gloves. When a glove gets to be a bit worn, I use that for practice and the new glove for play.

I also look for golf balls once a week after I complete a round of golf. I don't need any golf balls (I have about 50 dozen), and I also don't need to be fighting with briars, poison ivy and mosquitos. Yet I am compelled to search.

I also clean/polish my shoes regularly.

What are you OCD about...or should I say anal retentive? :-)

I used to be just like OP. As time has progressed, so has my acceptance of the game and my time for what it’s worth. My clubs are cleaned at the end of the round. I would say the two things I still remain OCD about is hardcovers staying on clubs (I just don’t understand people who don’t use them on woods or putters), and clubs being in the right place. I think the vast majority of my obsessive nature with the specifics of my bag were imparted by my dad growing up. We’ve both since then, been a bit more passive with cleaning them after every round. Although I just say, it’s pretty **** therapuetic washing and cleaning clubs and grips once in a blue moon.

• SnapHooker_605SnapHooker_605 Members Posts: 773 ✭✭

I have to use a broken tee on a par 3. I absolutely cannot even use a full shorter tee.

Cobra King F8 Driver  Aldila NV-2KXV 65 Stiff
    Cobra King F8 3-4 Wood (15.5 degree setting, -1/2")
    Cobra King F7 3-4 Hybrid (19 degree setting)
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4 Iron Thru G Wedge - Stock Steel Shafts
    Titleist Spin Milled SM 5 54/10 degree and 58/8 Degree - Stock Steel Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport (34”)