Who else is a big fan of Bryson dechambeau?

Comments

• Jordan SpeethJordan Speeth ClubWRX Posts: 1,084 ClubWRX
    I'm suddenly really liking Bryson's chances at the Masters. His miss in '16 will serve him well in the future.
    Cobra F8+ Driver 9.5*- XCaliber Superlite 45 S
    Callaway XR Pro 16* FW- Handcrafted PX LZ 6.0
    Ping G400 17* 2-Hybrid- Xcaliber Superlite Stiff
    Ping G 22* Hybrid- Altus S- Xcaliber Superlite Stiff
    Callaway Apex/Pro Combo 5-Gap- Recoil 760 Smacwrap
    Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 52*/10, 56*/12- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
    Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 56- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
    Odyssey White Hot #7 38"- Superstroke Tank Slim 13"
    Golf Pride MCC Grips
    Bridgestone Tour B330
    MG Elite Glove
    2018 Ping Hoofer, Eliott Alistair Leather Bag
  • gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,163 ✭✭
    .”I would say just on a general basis that it’s something that I’ve derived in my brain…It’s like I have this black space and it’s just of my hands and arms and body and I see it and I just take it back and have this neurological sensation or input that I have for applying force to the club. There is a track to it. I see it and in that vision. Some people look and envision shots, do all that, but I just create it in my brain.”

I am starting to foresee a Bert Yancy ending for Bryson, which of course is not very good.
    On Sundays, I used to play hickory
  • stryperstryper Members Posts: 3,122 ✭✭
    bscinstnct wrote:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/bryson-dechambeau-and-the-extraocular-he-wins-again-doing-it-his-way

He doesn’t just read greens, for instance. That would be insufficiently intellectual.

“Well, I’ve tried about almost a dozen things to make the [putting] line look right over the past year,” he said during the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open here this week. “Because eyes are muscles, they change. Just like you feel good with your arms one day and feel bad with your arms the next day. Or your legs, or whatever it is.

“It’s just kind of the way it is. Your eyes are muscles, and they change and adapt every single day in different lighting, so you just got to find out what works for you that week.”

giphy.gif

Don’t feel much one way or the other about BAD,..on the other hand, Spock rocks!
    Titleist 917D2, w/UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 7F4T
    Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
    18* KZG U Iron, w/UST Proforce V2 100-S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-5, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52-08 F, 56-10 S
    Callaway Sure Out 64
    Odyssey O-Works Tank #7
  • rawdograwdog Cleveland, OHPosts: 3,015 ✭✭
    stryper wrote:

bscinstnct wrote:

https://www.golfdige...oing-it-his-way

He doesn't just read greens, for instance. That would be insufficiently intellectual.

"Well, I've tried about almost a dozen things to make the [putting] line look right over the past year," he said during the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open here this week. "Because eyes are muscles, they change. Just like you feel good with your arms one day and feel bad with your arms the next day. Or your legs, or whatever it is.

"It's just kind of the way it is. Your eyes are muscles, and they change and adapt every single day in different lighting, so you just got to find out what works for you that week."

giphy.gif

Don't feel much one way or the other about BAD,..on the other hand, Spock rocks!

Word.

Cobra LTD Driver
    Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
    In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
    Cobra F7 One Length Irons
    Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
    6I = 24* 7I = 29* 8I = 34* 9I = 39* PW = 44* GW = 49* SW = 54* LW = 59*
    Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
    Maxfli SoftFli
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,099 ✭✭
    stryper wrote:

bscinstnct wrote:

He doesn't just read greens, for instance. That would be insufficiently intellectual.

"Well, I've tried about almost a dozen things to make the [putting] line look right over the past year," he said during the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open here this week. "Because eyes are muscles, they change. Just like you feel good with your arms one day and feel bad with your arms the next day. Or your legs, or whatever it is.

"It's just kind of the way it is. Your eyes are muscles, and they change and adapt every single day in different lighting, so you just got to find out what works for you that week."

giphy.gif

Don't feel much one way or the other about BAD,..on the other hand, Spock rocks!

Check out the lag

tumblr_nzd3k5BxoW1rkvl19o1_400.gif
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,585 ✭✭
    bscinstnct wrote:

stryper wrote:

bscinstnct wrote:

giphy.gif

Check out the lag

tumblr_nzd3k5BxoW1rkvl19o1_400.gif

1bt3fx.jpg
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • ArpeggiArpeggi Members Posts: 3,686
    Used to dislike him but now like him because I can’t stand those idiots who call him DeShampoo or whatever.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
    Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
    Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Scotty Cameron 009[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Taylormade TP5x[/font]
    Arpeggi wrote:

Used to dislike him but now like him because I can't stand those idiots who call him DeShampoo or whatever.

But they're so clever and witty...

image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
    Cobra LTD Driver

Maxfli SoftFli
  • PepperturboPepperturbo Midwest and SouthwestMembers Posts: 15,390 ✭✭
    BD is different. It's not been my history to chose to like anyone just because they are different. I appreciate people with engaging personalities and open to showing what they value. image/beach.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':beach:' />
    • Titleist TS2 9.5, Fujikura Fuel Tour Spec 60 "S"
    • Titleist 917D2 15*, Blueboard 83 x5ct,"S"
    • Titleist 716T-MB 17* 2 iron, Tour AD Utility, "S"
    • Titleist 716CB 3i-PW, C-Taper Tour
    • SM6 F-52*, C-Taper Tour
    • SM6 M-58*, DG-S200
    • SC California Monterey
    • ProV1

• bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,099 ✭✭
    rawdog wrote:

Arpeggi wrote:

Used to dislike him but now like him because I can't stand those idiots who call him DeShampoo or whatever.

How bout

Bryman DeShambrozonelayer
  • BarfolomewBarfolomew #worstWRXer Members Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    I like Freaks not Sheeps....so BAD is just alright by me
    G30 LS
    M2 BMW
    XR 4 Hybrid
    OnOffOnAgain Kuros
    Cleveland Blob
    Square Strike
    SeeMore Butts
  • snizzlesnizzle Posts: 399 ✭✭
    I'm a fan.

Dude's a bit quirky but a **** of a golfer.
  • BearQBearQ Break 2 Rebuild Members Posts: 3,259 ✭✭
    Not the good type of freak. Count me and my golf squad out. We all respect his game tho.
    LTD Pro (9.5*) - Matrix Type C Prototype 70X
    M2 Tour (15*)  or  (16.5*) - Black Tie 80M4-X  
    P790 UDI #2 (18*)  / TP UDI #3 (19*) - Black Tie HM4 105X  or  Bridgestone XD-H (18*) - Speeder TS 9.8X
    Srixon Z945 (4-P) - Nippon SPB X
    Cobra MB (50*) Nike VR Forged (56*) Cleveland RTX 2 (60.08W)
    Spider Tour Black 

• chigolfer1chigolfer1 Posts: 809 ✭✭
    edited Nov 6, 2018 #75
    Definitely a fan. Anybody that's a little different and interesting is only good for the business of golf. And, he's genuinely different. Yeah, you have to hear a lame joke from the announcers every other shot but that will hopefully eventually settle down.
  • hybrid25hybrid25 michiganMembers Posts: 1,535 ✭✭
    I wouldn't say I'm a big fan, but I do like him because he's his own person. It's got to be tough being in the position these youngsters are in with such high pressure on them.
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 2,921 ✭✭
    edited Nov 6, 2018 #77
    rawdog wrote:

Arpeggi wrote:

Pretty sure I was the first person to say that. We can pull up the old post if needed. I want credit.

But now I've stopped saying it because it's no longer unique.

I've never disliked DeShamps btw. I like him and I think it takes a lot of courage to do things unashamedly different.

If he keeps it up we may end up just calling him DeChamp.

Edit: here it is. Never heard it prior to posting this. You can crown me king of the idiots image/busted2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':busted2:' /> :

Screen-Shot-2018-11-06-at-3-07-50-PM.png

rawdog wrote:

Arpeggi wrote:

Pretty sure I was the first person to say that. We can pull up the old post if needed. I want credit.

But now I've stopped saying it because it's no longer unique.

I've never disliked DeShamps btw. I like him and I think it takes a lot of courage to do things unashamedly different.

If he keeps it up we may end up just calling him DeChamp.

Edit: here it is. Never heard it prior to posting this. You can crown me king of the idiots image/busted2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':busted2:' /> :

Screen-Shot-2018-11-06-at-3-07-50-PM.png

Lol. I agree that was the original nickname and it made me laugh. Then everyone thought they'd try their hand at it. Amateur hour.

Kinda like when Weezer covered "Africa." First time, awesome. 3x an hour on the local alt rock channel? image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

(Maybe I can run the gun to head emoji into the ground.)
    Cobra LTD Driver

Maxfli SoftFli
    bscinstnct wrote:

rawdog wrote:

Arpeggi wrote:

How bout

Bryman DeShambrozonelayer

A for effort.

How 'bout DeSlambeau because of all that a** he's probably pounding these days?
    Cobra LTD Driver

Maxfli SoftFli
  • Jackhammer993Jackhammer993 Posts: 845 ✭✭
    This guy can flat out play and definitely marches to the beat of his own drummer. I am a huge fan of his game and his philosophy on the game but his personality is the worst I’ve ever seen from any PGA golfer for the 40 years I’ve been following the game. I was trying to think of a second worst but I can’t and the only ones who measure up to him are a few amateurs I’ve played with over the years.
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,164 ✭✭
    I like his golf. Can't say if I like him, never met him.
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • TLUBulldogGolfTLUBulldogGolf Sasquatch Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭

This guy can flat out play and definitely marches to the beat of his own drummer. I am a huge fan of his game and his philosophy on the game but his personality is the worst I've ever seen from any PGA golfer for the 40 years I've been following the game. I was trying to think of a second worst but I can't and the only ones who measure up to him are a few amateurs I've played with over the years.

Reed? Bubba? He's a bit of a know it all but he's getting results. I like his passion for one, even if he is a bit over the top on the scientific stuff.
    Titleist 917 D3 9.5* Kiyoshi Black 65-05
    Titleist 917 F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White 100-TX
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-PW PX 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM6 Jet Black 54* S Grind PX 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM6 Jet Black 60* M Grind X100
    Odyssey Works #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT
  • mshillsmshills T-I-G-E-R-S! Fight Tigers, fight dammit, FIGHT FIGHT! Members Posts: 3,815 ✭✭
    I am fine with DeChambeau, just as I like watching nearly anyone with world-class talent.

I don't like the coverage of him though. The whole mad scientist / physics major is overblown and inaccurate at best. To start, I do not believe he obtained his degree, but even if he did, he knows about as much physics with an undergraduate degree as I knew economics when I graduated way back when. I learned very quickly that in order to do economics as a profession, far more schooling was in order, so I chose a different career, just like Bryson did :-).
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
    TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
    Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
    TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
    Titleist 735.CM 4-PW, S300
    Titleist Vokey 54.14, 58.08
    Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
    Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather
  • Rich DouglasRich Douglas Members Posts: 319 ✭✭
    KennyP wrote:

(snipped)

I'm not entirely convinced with the genius tag. After all, his side-saddle putting experiment failed.

Did it fail? I seem to recall the USGA ruling his putter was non-conforming, which is why he abandoned the stroke. But the stroke itself didn't seem to be a problem for him.
    Driver: Titleist 917 D3 (Aldila Rogue MAX 65)
    2W: TM Mini Driver
    3H: Ping G410 (19 degrees)
    Irons: Wishon Sterling Single Length 4I-LW
    Putter: Bloodline (mallet)
    Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft
  • Rich DouglasRich Douglas Members Posts: 319 ✭✭
    Dave230 wrote:

I like his swing, seems to get perfectly on plane quite consistently and a nice rhythm to it. Putting looks a bit awkward but is really working for him at the minute and at least he's given up the side saddle experiment.

He didn't "give it up." The USGA ruled the putter he was using non-conforming. That's what ended the experiment.

Bryson isn't the first pro to experiment with side-saddle putting. But he's the first in a long time to actually employ it.

Golf is a very conservative game and Bryson is pushing its boundaries. That's why you read so many negative comments about the guy, despite the fact that he's the hottest guy on Tour.
    Driver: Titleist 917 D3 (Aldila Rogue MAX 65)
    2W: TM Mini Driver
    3H: Ping G410 (19 degrees)
    Irons: Wishon Sterling Single Length 4I-LW
    Putter: Bloodline (mallet)
    Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft
  • Dano golfDano golf Posts: 142 ✭✭
    His Mom?
  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac Posts: 448 ✭✭
    Not really a fan, and I'm not buying the whole pseudo science aspect of his game. To my eyes, he's just trying to simplify his swing and limit the moving pieces. Not rocket science. However, I'm a huge fan of the results he's getting. Dude is very talented and walks the walk.
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members Posts: 856 ✭✭
    gvogel wrote:

.”I would say just on a general basis that it’s something that I’ve derived in my brain…It’s like I have this black space and it’s just of my hands and arms and body and I see it and I just take it back and have this neurological sensation or input that I have for applying force to the club. There is a track to it. I see it and in that vision. Some people look and envision shots, do all that, but I just create it in my brain.”

I am starting to foresee a Bert Yancy ending for Bryson, which of course is not very good.

oh my %$#@ing goodness that is not real . . .

ok. im starting a quest for the open thread, i have to meet this kid.
    g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    f8 15* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
    black utility onelength 22.5*, 26* | steelfiber 110x
    forged onelength 6i | steelfiber 110x
    p730 7i-pw | steelfiber 110x
    hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | steelfiber 110x
    columbus
    jumbomax tour medium grips
  • Titleist 670Titleist 670 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭
    He seems like a complete phony to me.

Case in point the Ryder Cup. Refusing to give Noren a two footer, then hamming up it with the crowd on the next tee like he's funny and the whole match is a joke. Two seconds later he's in his typical whining/disbelief after his shot doesn't work out.

He also can take ages to decide what to do, which is never fun to watch.
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,699 ✭✭
    He's the BEST !!!

Sincerely,

Bryson's Mom
  • The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn... Posts: 1,036 ✭✭
    I'm on the BD train. I really like what he's selling. We don't need more Chris Kirk's or Cody Gribbles or Tom Hoge's.
    915 D3 7.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
    Mizzy MP-5 4-9 C-Taper
    SM6 47º, 52º, 56º C-Taper
    Mizzy S18 60-06º Blue Ion
    Scotty Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

WITB link