GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

2019 United States Amateur

Comments

• jdljdl Masshole MassMembers  2025WRX Points: 477Handicap: 8Posts: 2,025 Platinum Tees

4 of 7 groups done and still only 1 birdie. Several guys eliminated by making bogey.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • onemoetimeonemoetime Jack of all trades. Ace of none. South Bend, INMembers  206WRX Points: 48Handicap: 5Posts: 206 Fairways

Its being streamed as well ----->

Posted:
    Titleist junkie
  • jdljdl Masshole MassMembers  2025WRX Points: 477Handicap: 8Posts: 2,025 Platinum Tees

Top ranked am Cole Hammer makes bogey and is eliminated.

Posted:

Chad Sewall makes birdie in the final group, 2 spots gone and 18 players go on to another playoff for that final spot.

Posted:
  • buckeye440buckeye440 Members  399WRX Points: 318Posts: 399 Greens

Did any break par on No. 2 yesterday? I did not see any scores below 71. Must be playing crazy hard. Wish the US open would play that tough...

Posted:

13 players move on to playoff hole #3.

Posted:

Advertisement

Austin Squires with a par on the 4th playoff hole to grab the last spot and a matchup against medalist Brandon Wu.

Posted:
  • larrybudlarrybud Rochester Hills, MIMembers  11599WRX Points: 486Handicap: 3.4Posts: 11,599 Titanium Tees

How is the playoff being managed? They have 7 groups. So if you have a chance to get to the next hole, you have to wait around an hour, right?

Posted:
  • North TexasNorth Texas Members  4634WRX Points: 976Posts: 4,634 Titanium Tees

On -, @larrybud said:

How is the playoff being managed? They have 7 groups. So if you have a chance to get to the next hole, you have to wait around an hour, right?

Yes

Posted:

10 players from the state of Texas made it to match play. Just thought I would throw that in. Including what may be the only set of twin brothers to make it to match, Pierceson and Parker Coody from Plano, TX and currently playing at The University of Texas. Parker has already won his first match 7&6 and Pierceson is 3 up thru 9.

Posted:
  • admorkadmork Orlando, FlMembers  83WRX Points: 114Handicap: +2Posts: 83 Fairways

On -, @admork said:

I am caddying this week and it’s a lot of fun, #2 is playing so tough. My player will make the cut, so we are on to the matches.

Into the next round 😃

Posted:

Advertisement
  • 8442584425 Members  325WRX Points: 114Posts: 325 Greens

British amateur champion James Sugrue out against Alex Fitzpatrick (5/4)

Posted:
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers  9375WRX Points: 3,010Posts: 9,375 Titanium Tees

Big upset for B. Wu

Posted:
  • onemoetimeonemoetime Jack of all trades. Ace of none. South Bend, INMembers  206WRX Points: 48Handicap: 5Posts: 206 Fairways

stream beings in a few mins.

Posted:
    Titleist junkie
  • FifegolferFifegolfer Members  11WRX Points: 17Posts: 11 Bunkers

Man, these kids play slow......................................

Posted:
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members  10322WRX Points: 571Handicap: 12Posts: 10,322 Titanium Tees

On -, @Fifegolfer said:

lol.. I remember last year, I was thinkin any slower and the grass will grow another inch.

Posted:
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P stnd. cord
    Mizuno T 7 52 T 20 56 &60
    Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
    Oregon Ducks Bag
    Eureka Ca. 

Both Coody brothers advance to the final 16. All but 2 of the remaining players are American.

Posted:
  • buckeye440buckeye440 Members  399WRX Points: 318Posts: 399 Greens

I do not really know any of these guys but would love to see Squires win it (last guy in from the 20+ player playoff). He is 4 up thru 13 and on the verge of the quarterfinals! Just goes to show you that easily 100 of these players had a shot at winning the championship. Love the parity.

Posted:
  • admorkadmork Orlando, FlMembers  83WRX Points: 114Handicap: +2Posts: 83 Fairways

On -, @admork said:

On -, @admork said:

I am caddying this week and it’s a lot of fun, #2 is playing so tough. My player will make the cut, so we are on to the matches.

Into the next round 😃

Lost against Austin Squires today. I hope he goes all the way, that would be a pretty cool story. He is a good player and great kid!

Posted:
  • Downtown_Brown_41Downtown_Brown_41 AlabamaMembers  668WRX Points: 171Handicap: 4Posts: 668 Golden Tee

What a round by villips

Posted:
    TBD 
    M1 5w 
    M1 3h 
    P750,730 Raw 4-5,6-9
    SM6 47° 
    TP EF 52° 
    Hi Toe 56° 
    SM6 60/06 
    Spider Tour T-Line
    V1x 

Advertisement
  • Johnny BiarritzJohnny Biarritz Members  536WRX Points: 110Handicap: 2Posts: 536 Golden Tee

On -, @bladehunter said:

Looking at this course , it only has 2 par 5s. I’m guessing 2 of the par4s are played as par 5s by regular folks ? Yep two par 4s over 520 yards. Woof.

Yeah, they convert 8 and 16 into par 4s. The crazy thing with 520 is that it looks nonsensical to normal players, but for top amateurs and especially pros, that hole is played with a driver and a 6 or 7 iron. Someone posted about "short" par 4s being the backbone of golf courses, but what's a short 4? Top level guys are reaching 300 yards holes in one shot and 440 holes are approached with wedges.

Posted:
  • farmerfarmer Members  8844WRX Points: 1,228Posts: 8,844 Titanium Tees

On -, @2putttom said:

On -, @Fifegolfer said:

lol.. I remember last year, I was thinkin any slower and the grass will grow another inch.

Maybe they're hoping the greens slow down.

Posted:
  • BNGLBNGL Jupiter, FloridaMembers  1961WRX Points: 706Posts: 1,961 Platinum Tees

On -, @jdl said:

One of the guys doing the coverage on periscope said the greens were 14.5 on the stimp. Yikes.

I’d knock a foot off. That would be a more accurate number but still a tinge high, buddy of mine from turf school is an agronomist with the USGA he was on site this week.

Posted:

Why in the **** is the USGA making them play in these conditions? Absolutely stupid. Kid was in obvious casual water and the rules official wouldn't give him relief.

Edit: Just as soon as I hit post, they suspend play. Casual water is all over the place.

Posted:
  • tideridertiderider Members  3102WRX Points: 2,136Handicap: 5ishPosts: 3,102 Titanium Tees

pouring rain out there and apparently there's no intention by the usga to suspend play ... casual water everywhere and golfers hitting out of water ... fricking stupid ...

Posted:

Advertisement
  • tideridertiderider Members  3102WRX Points: 2,136Handicap: 5ishPosts: 3,102 Titanium Tees

now they've suspended it ... 4 or 5 guys literally had to hit out of water, even after calling an official over to look at the situation ...

Posted:
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members  6158WRX Points: 3,045Handicap: 10.8Posts: 6,158 Titanium Tees

As everyone suspected, a 17 year old does advance to the semi finals.
    However, it is Cohen Trolio that is moving on.
    He will meet Andy Ogletree of Georgia Tech in the semi finals.

They are the first two golfers ever from the state of Mississippi to make the quarterfinals of the US Amateur much less the semi finals. And now the Magnolia State is guaranteed someone in the final.

Posted:
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members  6158WRX Points: 3,045Handicap: 10.8Posts: 6,158 Titanium Tees

The other semi final will have William Holcomb V against John Augenstein.
    Holcomb plays for Sam Houston State.

John Augenstein plays for Vanderbilt and is the highest ranked player left. He knocked out Akshay Bhatia in the Round of 32 and he also took down Collin Morikawa in the US Amateur last year.

Posted:
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings

Advertisement
  • ckayckay Members  4664WRX Points: 733Posts: 4,664 Titanium Tees

Augenstein is solid.

Posted:
    Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.