Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

got mine yesterday.

chip and putted around with mix of TP5X, Project(a), Originial Kisig 4pc and 3 pc

as 14 cap, feeling not much difference from original 4 pc and 3 pc. definitely different than TP5X and Project(a). just different.

lookwise, new 4pc seems more yellowish like 3pc.

original 4pc looks more bright white compared to new 4pc

> @cristphoto said:

> Just played 18 holes comparing the old and new 4 piece Kirkland. This new ball (if ultimately available in larger quantities) will be a game changer. This could impact sales of the big boys. To me it feels close to the new Prov1X which I've been playing this year. The feel off the irons is the same but feels just ever so slightly firmer off the driver. Medium high flight that flattens out (not a big loopy arc). Compared to the first 4 piece Kirkland each time I would hit an iron the new ball would virtually always be a step or two longer than the original version. Same good spin into greens. My first hole is a 320 par 4 and I had 60 yards to the pin. I hit an easy lob wedge that one hopped and stopped dead. The rest of the round on every green that I hit the ball would be within 6-8 feet or less of the ball mark. Wedge shots would take a short bounce and come back to the mark or a foot or two behind (no huge spinners off the green). As the round progressed I just had a comfort level with the ball (like when I play the Prov1X). I sensed it could do what I asked of it. Only negative is it isn't as durable as a Prov1X. The ball wasn't beat up (finished the round with it) but you could see a couple small "scrub" marks. It could easily go another 18 but a ProV1X looks virtually new after a round if I don't have any collisions during the round. This may sound silly but this model looks more like a golf ball to me. No seam, normal sized number (not the dinky number of version one) and even the side stamp looks "normal" vs the first balls miniature text.

But, the spy guys have already declared the ball to be crap: https://mygolfspy.com/costco-4-piece-kirkland-signature-golf-ball/

> @mulliganman30 said:

> But, the spy guys have already declared the ball to be crap: https://****.com/costco-4-piece-kirkland-signature-golf-ball/

I don't understand why they posted that article. They could have done the same article and cut out everything about performance of the golf ball. MGS is taking the position that because it is from the same factory as the 3 pc that it will likely be almost the exact same ball with the exact same cover. Photos here, reddit, etc., have already shown that the cover on the 3 pc and the 4 pc are not the same.

> @FlashinLeather said:

> > @mulliganman30 said:

> > But, the spy guys have already declared the ball to be crap: https://****.com/costco-4-piece-kirkland-signature-golf-ball/

> I don't understand why they posted that article. They could have done the same article and cut out everything about performance of the golf ball. **** is taking the position that because it is from the same factory as the 3 pc that it will likely be almost the exact same ball with the exact same cover. Photos here, reddit, etc., have already shown that the cover on the 3 pc and the 4 pc are not the same.

>

They were raving about the original K-Sig before they had done any meaningful testing. Just had a couple of their buddies whack a few into a net and then declared it the best ball ever made, to instantly obsolete everything else on the market. Claptrap.

The completely dismissed the K3 before the first ball ever hit USA shores. Just because that was the position that would attract the most attention.

So no surprise they are declaiming at length about the new 4pc K-Sig without bothering to know anything about the actual ball. It's what they do. They are click-bait artists.

P.S. The only worthwhile thing they've ever done is the robot test article. That was very valuable to all of us. But it was simply a one-off exception to their usual torrent of self-serving rubbish.

> @FlashinLeather said:

> > @mulliganman30 said:

> > But, the spy guys have already declared the ball to be crap: https://****.com/costco-4-piece-kirkland-signature-golf-ball/

> I don't understand why they posted that article. They could have done the same article and cut out everything about performance of the golf ball. **** is taking the position that because it is from the same factory as the 3 pc that it will likely be almost the exact same ball with the exact same cover. Photos here, reddit, etc., have already shown that the cover on the 3 pc and the 4 pc are not the same.

>

From their website, here's the mission statement of their business...

"YOU DESERVE THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT.

Our mission is to inform and protect the golf consumer. We want you to get the most out of your money, time and performance. That means providing you with reviews you can trust, as well as honest reporting on the latest issues affecting the game today."

Those unbiased researchers and their honest reporting are maybe not so unbiased. That entire article is written without having tested a single ball. Any of us could have written it and used the same conjecture to say the ball was amazing based without having tested a single ball.

That's why I read the opinions of real people from this site who talk about how their game and how the ball plays for them. Everyone is different and unique and some balls work and some just don't for whatever reason.

• Like 1

It is not a surprise that they did not approve my comment stating that their entire opinion - re: the performance of the new ball - was purely speculation and contrary to the cuts on the new ball that have already been done.

Edit - Hard flex by WRX to not allow the name this "other" website and use *** instead.

> @"North Butte" said:

> > @FlashinLeather said:

> > > @mulliganman30 said:

> > > But, the spy guys have already declared the ball to be crap: https://****.com/costco-4-piece-kirkland-signature-golf-ball/

> > I don't understand why they posted that article. They could have done the same article and cut out everything about performance of the golf ball. **** is taking the position that because it is from the same factory as the 3 pc that it will likely be almost the exact same ball with the exact same cover. Photos here, reddit, etc., have already shown that the cover on the 3 pc and the 4 pc are not the same.

> >

>

> They were raving about the original K-Sig before they had done any meaningful testing. Just had a couple of their buddies whack a few into a net and then declared it the best ball ever made, to instantly obsolete everything else on the market. Claptrap.

>

> The completely dismissed the K3 before the first ball ever hit USA shores. Just because that was the position that would attract the most attention.

>

> So no surprise they are declaiming at length about the new 4pc K-Sig without bothering to know anything about the actual ball. It's what they do. They are click-bait artists.

>

> P.S. The only worthwhile thing they've ever done is the robot test article. That was very valuable to all of us. But it was simply a one-off exception to their usual torrent of self-serving rubbish.

They were big on the original 4 pc because it was anti-Titleist. Now that they're so chummy with Snell the story is different.

• Like 1

> @FlashinLeather said:

> > @mulliganman30 said:

>

To me, they are doing that to give more of an appearance of non bias since they are got sued over their original reporting on the 4 piece.

> @VNutz said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > > @FlashinLeather said:

> > > > @mulliganman30 said:

> > > > But, the spy guys have already declared the ball to be crap: https://****.com/costco-4-piece-kirkland-signature-golf-ball/

> > > I don't understand why they posted that article. They could have done the same article and cut out everything about performance of the golf ball. **** is taking the position that because it is from the same factory as the 3 pc that it will likely be almost the exact same ball with the exact same cover. Photos here, reddit, etc., have already shown that the cover on the 3 pc and the 4 pc are not the same.

> > >

> >

> > They were raving about the original K-Sig before they had done any meaningful testing. Just had a couple of their buddies whack a few into a net and then declared it the best ball ever made, to instantly obsolete everything else on the market. Claptrap.

> >

> > The completely dismissed the K3 before the first ball ever hit USA shores. Just because that was the position that would attract the most attention.

> >

> > So no surprise they are declaiming at length about the new 4pc K-Sig without bothering to know anything about the actual ball. It's what they do. They are click-bait artists.

> >

> > P.S. The only worthwhile thing they've ever done is the robot test article. That was very valuable to all of us. But it was simply a one-off exception to their usual torrent of self-serving rubbish.

>

> They were big on the original 4 pc because it was anti-Titleist. Now that they're so chummy with Snell the story is different.

Exactly.

The entire focus of their original "Scoop" wasn't about the K-Sig, per se. It was about Some Ball Goes Miles Longer Than Pro V1 And Will Put Titleist Out Of Business. The whole Costco thing was just the hook.

They'll turn on Dean Snell one of these days, too. Their entire operation reminds me of Pro Wrestling back in the day. Who is the heel and who is the hero doesn't matter. It's all just a pantomime, as Shakespeare put it "A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing".

> @FlashinLeather said:

> It is not a surprise that they did not approve my comment stating that their entire opinion - re: the performance of the new ball - was purely speculation and contrary to the cuts on the new ball that have already been done.

>

> Edit - Hard flex by WRX to not allow the name this "other" website and use *** instead.

Their comments on anything are heavily moderated and only comments they approve of show up

> @mulliganman30 said:

> > > @mulliganman30 said:

> > > But, the spy guys have already declared the ball to be crap: https://****.com/costco-4-piece-kirkland-signature-golf-ball/

> > I don't understand why they posted that article. They could have done the same article and cut out everything about performance of the golf ball. **** is taking the position that because it is from the same factory as the 3 pc that it will likely be almost the exact same ball with the exact same cover. Photos here, reddit, etc., have already shown that the cover on the 3 pc and the 4 pc are not the same.

> >

>

> To me, they are doing that to give more of an appearance of non bias since they are got sued over their original reporting on the 4 piece.

And they don't have the brass to come out say the opposite even if their testing suggests its a pretty good ball. I'm more interested in hearing from TXG than them on this at this point.

> @"North Butte" said:

> > @VNutz said:

> > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > > @FlashinLeather said:

> > > > > @mulliganman30 said:

> > > > > But, the spy guys have already declared the ball to be crap: https://****.com/costco-4-piece-kirkland-signature-golf-ball/

> > > > I don't understand why they posted that article. They could have done the same article and cut out everything about performance of the golf ball. **** is taking the position that because it is from the same factory as the 3 pc that it will likely be almost the exact same ball with the exact same cover. Photos here, reddit, etc., have already shown that the cover on the 3 pc and the 4 pc are not the same.

> > > >

> > >

> > > They were raving about the original K-Sig before they had done any meaningful testing. Just had a couple of their buddies whack a few into a net and then declared it the best ball ever made, to instantly obsolete everything else on the market. Claptrap.

> > >

> > > The completely dismissed the K3 before the first ball ever hit USA shores. Just because that was the position that would attract the most attention.

> > >

> > > So no surprise they are declaiming at length about the new 4pc K-Sig without bothering to know anything about the actual ball. It's what they do. They are click-bait artists.

> > >

> > > P.S. The only worthwhile thing they've ever done is the robot test article. That was very valuable to all of us. But it was simply a one-off exception to their usual torrent of self-serving rubbish.

> >

> > They were big on the original 4 pc because it was anti-Titleist. Now that they're so chummy with Snell the story is different.

>

> Exactly.

>

> The entire focus of their original "Scoop" wasn't about the K-Sig, per se. It was about Some Ball Goes Miles Longer Than Pro V1 And Will Put Titleist Out Of Business. The whole Costco thing was just the hook.

>

> They'll turn on Dean Snell one of these days, too. Their entire operation reminds me of Pro Wrestling back in the day. Who is the heel and who is the hero doesn't matter. It's all just a pantomime, as Shakespeare put it "A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing".

Yup. Their recent about face on Callaway has made me chuckle as well. They couldn't say enough bad things about them and the Chrome Soft, and perhaps right fully so, but as soon as they visited and vowed to make changes, their tune changed completely.

> @VNutz said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > > @VNutz said:

> > > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > > > @FlashinLeather said:

> > > > > > @mulliganman30 said:

> > > > > > But, the spy guys have already declared the ball to be crap: https://****.com/costco-4-piece-kirkland-signature-golf-ball/

> > > > > I don't understand why they posted that article. They could have done the same article and cut out everything about performance of the golf ball. **** is taking the position that because it is from the same factory as the 3 pc that it will likely be almost the exact same ball with the exact same cover. Photos here, reddit, etc., have already shown that the cover on the 3 pc and the 4 pc are not the same.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > They were raving about the original K-Sig before they had done any meaningful testing. Just had a couple of their buddies whack a few into a net and then declared it the best ball ever made, to instantly obsolete everything else on the market. Claptrap.

> > > >

> > > > The completely dismissed the K3 before the first ball ever hit USA shores. Just because that was the position that would attract the most attention.

> > > >

> > > > So no surprise they are declaiming at length about the new 4pc K-Sig without bothering to know anything about the actual ball. It's what they do. They are click-bait artists.

> > > >

> > > > P.S. The only worthwhile thing they've ever done is the robot test article. That was very valuable to all of us. But it was simply a one-off exception to their usual torrent of self-serving rubbish.

> > >

> > > They were big on the original 4 pc because it was anti-Titleist. Now that they're so chummy with Snell the story is different.

> >

> > Exactly.

> >

> > The entire focus of their original "Scoop" wasn't about the K-Sig, per se. It was about Some Ball Goes Miles Longer Than Pro V1 And Will Put Titleist Out Of Business. The whole Costco thing was just the hook.

> >

> > They'll turn on Dean Snell one of these days, too. Their entire operation reminds me of Pro Wrestling back in the day. Who is the heel and who is the hero doesn't matter. It's all just a pantomime, as Shakespeare put it "A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing".

>

> Yup. Their recent about face on Callaway has made me chuckle as well. They couldn't say enough bad things about them and the Chrome Soft, and perhaps right fully so, but as soon as they visited and vowed to make changes, their tune changed completely.

Yes, it's all about elbowing in to a seat at the table. For better or worse, that silly web site is now treated like a major player in the golf industry. They pretty much (as far as I can tell) made their bones with the initial K-Sig hype storm, followed up by bringing Callaway to heel with the off-center core debacle.

> @VNutz said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > > > But, the spy guys have already declared the ball to be crap: https://****.com/costco-4-piece-kirkland-signature-golf-ball/

> > > I don't understand why they posted that article. They could have done the same article and cut out everything about performance of the golf ball. **** is taking the position that because it is from the same factory as the 3 pc that it will likely be almost the exact same ball with the exact same cover. Photos here, reddit, etc., have already shown that the cover on the 3 pc and the 4 pc are not the same.

> > >

> >

> > They were raving about the original K-Sig before they had done any meaningful testing. Just had a couple of their buddies whack a few into a net and then declared it the best ball ever made, to instantly obsolete everything else on the market. Claptrap.

> >

> > The completely dismissed the K3 before the first ball ever hit USA shores. Just because that was the position that would attract the most attention.

> >

> > So no surprise they are declaiming at length about the new 4pc K-Sig without bothering to know anything about the actual ball. It's what they do. They are click-bait artists.

> >

> > P.S. The only worthwhile thing they've ever done is the robot test article. That was very valuable to all of us. But it was simply a one-off exception to their usual torrent of self-serving rubbish.

>

> They were big on the original 4 pc because it was anti-Titleist. Now that they're so chummy with Snell the story is different.

Looks to me like they're trying to get Titleist to sue Costco again, while throwing shade to protect Snell...

> @mulliganman30 said:

> > @cristphoto said:

> > Just played 18 holes comparing the old and new 4 piece Kirkland. This new ball (if ultimately available in larger quantities) will be a game changer. This could impact sales of the big boys. To me it feels close to the new Prov1X which I've been playing this year. The feel off the irons is the same but feels just ever so slightly firmer off the driver. Medium high flight that flattens out (not a big loopy arc). Compared to the first 4 piece Kirkland each time I would hit an iron the new ball would virtually always be a step or two longer than the original version. Same good spin into greens. My first hole is a 320 par 4 and I had 60 yards to the pin. I hit an easy lob wedge that one hopped and stopped dead. The rest of the round on every green that I hit the ball would be within 6-8 feet or less of the ball mark. Wedge shots would take a short bounce and come back to the mark or a foot or two behind (no huge spinners off the green). As the round progressed I just had a comfort level with the ball (like when I play the Prov1X). I sensed it could do what I asked of it. Only negative is it isn't as durable as a Prov1X. The ball wasn't beat up (finished the round with it) but you could see a couple small "scrub" marks. It could easily go another 18 but a ProV1X looks virtually new after a round if I don't have any collisions during the round. This may sound silly but this model looks more like a golf ball to me. No seam, normal sized number (not the dinky number of version one) and even the side stamp looks "normal" vs the first balls miniature text.

> But, the spy guys have already declared the ball to be crap: https://****.com/costco-4-piece-kirkland-signature-golf-ball/

Durability on original Ksig was garbage too. The spy guys, granted they have done their research, seemed to have reached a conclusion about the ball in an alarmingly early speed. But, they say what they say. They weren’t wrong about the ball history. I said it before in this thread, you guys might like it. Because it’s not the original. I knew it wasn’t the original. I said it multiple times and got reported for it because you all got pissed off. Most of my posts were deleted but, the truth is here now.

> @FlashinLeather said:

> It is not a surprise that they did not approve my comment stating that their entire opinion - re: the performance of the new ball - was purely speculation and contrary to the cuts on the new ball that have already been done.

>

> Edit - Hard flex by WRX to not allow the name this "other" website and use *** instead.

See comment above. MGS and WRX censor. They do it for the greater good of the forum. No one wants bickering and controversial posts.

> @VNutz said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

I was wondering when someone else would notice that. ???

> @mulliganman30 said:

> > It is not a surprise that they did not approve my comment stating that their entire opinion - re: the performance of the new ball - was purely speculation and contrary to the cuts on the new ball that have already been done.

> >

> > Edit - Hard flex by WRX to not allow the name this "other" website and use *** instead.

>

> Their comments on anything are heavily moderated and only comments they approve of show up

I’m in the same boat.

So, to the average golfer that is reading this, you’re gonna appreciate the ball but don’t expect it to be like the old. You’ll have a bad round and call it crap. You’ll have a good round and call it the Pro V1 killer. Truth is, it’s a budget ball designed for budget.

Just got grab a ball and play golf.

> @snagy2000 said:

> > @VNutz said:

> > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > > @FlashinLeather said:

> > > > > @mulliganman30 said:

> > > > > But, the spy guys have already declared the ball to be crap: https://****.com/costco-4-piece-kirkland-signature-golf-ball/

> > > > I don't understand why they posted that article. They could have done the same article and cut out everything about performance of the golf ball. **** is taking the position that because it is from the same factory as the 3 pc that it will likely be almost the exact same ball with the exact same cover. Photos here, reddit, etc., have already shown that the cover on the 3 pc and the 4 pc are not the same.

> > > >

> > >

> > > They were raving about the original K-Sig before they had done any meaningful testing. Just had a couple of their buddies whack a few into a net and then declared it the best ball ever made, to instantly obsolete everything else on the market. Claptrap.

> > >

> > > The completely dismissed the K3 before the first ball ever hit USA shores. Just because that was the position that would attract the most attention.

> > >

> > > So no surprise they are declaiming at length about the new 4pc K-Sig without bothering to know anything about the actual ball. It's what they do. They are click-bait artists.

> > >

> > > P.S. The only worthwhile thing they've ever done is the robot test article. That was very valuable to all of us. But it was simply a one-off exception to their usual torrent of self-serving rubbish.

> >

> > They were big on the original 4 pc because it was anti-Titleist. Now that they're so chummy with Snell the story is different.

>

> Looks to me like they're trying to get Titleist to sue Costco again, while throwing shade to protect Snell...

Yep, they fancy themselves "players" who can make or break a product whenever they wish. And a good part of the industry seems to be willing to grant them that much credence.

P.S. GolfWRX canons of conduct will not allow me to explicitly point out any potentially obvious Real World analogies. Which is probably a good thing.

> @"North Butte" said:

> > @snagy2000 said:

> > > @VNutz said:

> > > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > > > @FlashinLeather said:

> > > > > > @mulliganman30 said:

> > > > > > But, the spy guys have already declared the ball to be crap: https://****.com/costco-4-piece-kirkland-signature-golf-ball/

> > > > > I don't understand why they posted that article. They could have done the same article and cut out everything about performance of the golf ball. **** is taking the position that because it is from the same factory as the 3 pc that it will likely be almost the exact same ball with the exact same cover. Photos here, reddit, etc., have already shown that the cover on the 3 pc and the 4 pc are not the same.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > They were raving about the original K-Sig before they had done any meaningful testing. Just had a couple of their buddies whack a few into a net and then declared it the best ball ever made, to instantly obsolete everything else on the market. Claptrap.

> > > >

> > > > The completely dismissed the K3 before the first ball ever hit USA shores. Just because that was the position that would attract the most attention.

> > > >

> > > > So no surprise they are declaiming at length about the new 4pc K-Sig without bothering to know anything about the actual ball. It's what they do. They are click-bait artists.

> > > >

> > > > P.S. The only worthwhile thing they've ever done is the robot test article. That was very valuable to all of us. But it was simply a one-off exception to their usual torrent of self-serving rubbish.

> > >

> > > They were big on the original 4 pc because it was anti-Titleist. Now that they're so chummy with Snell the story is different.

> >

> > Looks to me like they're trying to get Titleist to sue Costco again, while throwing shade to protect Snell...

>

> Yep, they fancy themselves "players" who can make or break a product whenever they wish. And a good part of the industry seems to be willing to grant them that much credence.

>

> P.S. GolfWRX canons of conduct will not allow me to explicitly point out any potentially obvious Real World analogies. Which is probably a good thing.

They’re capitalizing on a thing by writing something sensationalist about said thing, without data on said thing, because they don’t have said thing yet. It’s not a new timeline by any means in any industry. They’ll get the thing in, get numbers, the numbers will be what they are. They’ll subjectively say how much you should or shouldn’t value the cost to performance when comparing the numbers and that will be that. The thing in this case is a golf ball that is significantly cheaper than anything else in its category by 50% of the already “cheaper” options and 70% cheaper than the ultra premium 4 dollar options.

The article posted now is dumb and annoying that it ever got written at all. It will generate clicks and generate revenue for them and they’ll put up an actual article, with numbers, probably making dumb observations from the numbers but still the numbers will be there so as a consumer you can evaluate them for yourself. While I don’t like the ways they go about it, the end result is helpful to the consumer.

While I don’t understand how they got the numbers they did with Callaway in the original test, I think it’s a safe conclusion to say that Callaway’s QC was dropping the ball and whether they fix it or not, Callaway has certainly put thought into the problem and said they will fix it. They may think they have a lot power and be annoying about that power but it’s hard to disagree with them. Again that’s good for the consumer, I just don’t like the attitude or way they go about doing their business, the end result is still a plus though for me, the consumer.

> @torbill said:

> > @Rory4Pres said:

> > Remember, they were trying to dumb (with buy 1 get 1) the chinese made 3pc balls a month or two ago.

> >

>

> How many times do you plan to try to disparage this ball simply because of where Costco has sourced it? Do you not think that Costco knows a thing or two about managing the quality of its off-shore manufactured products?

>

xpr16qtnm19x.jpg

> Ordered mine on Friday, status shows shipment ready for UPS since 9/15 :'( Anyone else get their shipping notification but not actually shipped yet?

Mine are supposed to arrive in Albuquerque tomorrow. According to the tracking number they are still in California as of this morning.

That's well written. He can now decide a few weeks down the road which option will generate the most page views. He can write, "Well I've tried the ball and I was right all along. It isn't as good as the original, it's cheap Chinese crap". Or he can write, "Well, I've tried the ball and I've proven myself wrong. It's GREAT!".

Either way, he just makes it up as he goes along. But his special gift is choosing to make up the right stuff that maximizes attention and hype for MGS.

• Like 1

> @cristphoto said:

> Just played 18 holes comparing the old and new 4 piece Kirkland. This new ball (if ultimately available in larger quantities) will be a game changer. This could impact sales of the big boys. To me it feels close to the new Prov1X which I've been playing this year. The feel off the irons is the same but feels just ever so slightly firmer off the driver. Medium high flight that flattens out (not a big loopy arc). Compared to the first 4 piece Kirkland each time I would hit an iron the new ball would virtually always be a step or two longer than the original version. Same good spin into greens. My first hole is a 320 par 4 and I had 60 yards to the pin. I hit an easy lob wedge that one hopped and stopped dead. The rest of the round on every green that I hit the ball would be within 6-8 feet or less of the ball mark. Wedge shots would take a short bounce and come back to the mark or a foot or two behind (no huge spinners off the green). As the round progressed I just had a comfort level with the ball (like when I play the Prov1X). I sensed it could do what I asked of it. Only negative is it isn't as durable as a Prov1X. The ball wasn't beat up (finished the round with it) but you could see a couple small "scrub" marks. It could easily go another 18 but a ProV1X looks virtually new after a round if I don't have any collisions during the round. This may sound silly but this model looks more like a golf ball to me. No seam, normal sized number (not the dinky number of version one) and even the side stamp looks "normal" vs the first balls miniature text.

Thank you for sharing your review. I just posted a screen shot from MGSpy saying they question this balls abilities to live up to the original but they were only "predicting". Regardless of what they say, I think each of use is excited to see if the new ball can live up to the original and it's greatness. Your review certainly gives hope for that. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

> @Rory4Pres said:

> > @cristphoto said:

> > Just played 18 holes comparing the old and new 4 piece Kirkland. This new ball (if ultimately available in larger quantities) will be a game changer. This could impact sales of the big boys. To me it feels close to the new Prov1X which I've been playing this year. The feel off the irons is the same but feels just ever so slightly firmer off the driver. Medium high flight that flattens out (not a big loopy arc). Compared to the first 4 piece Kirkland each time I would hit an iron the new ball would virtually always be a step or two longer than the original version. Same good spin into greens. My first hole is a 320 par 4 and I had 60 yards to the pin. I hit an easy lob wedge that one hopped and stopped dead. The rest of the round on every green that I hit the ball would be within 6-8 feet or less of the ball mark. Wedge shots would take a short bounce and come back to the mark or a foot or two behind (no huge spinners off the green). As the round progressed I just had a comfort level with the ball (like when I play the Prov1X). I sensed it could do what I asked of it. Only negative is it isn't as durable as a Prov1X. The ball wasn't beat up (finished the round with it) but you could see a couple small "scrub" marks. It could easily go another 18 but a ProV1X looks virtually new after a round if I don't have any collisions during the round. This may sound silly but this model looks more like a golf ball to me. No seam, normal sized number (not the dinky number of version one) and even the side stamp looks "normal" vs the first balls miniature text.

>

> Thank you for sharing your review. I just posted a screen shot from MGSpy saying they question this balls abilities to live up to the original but they were only "predicting". Regardless of what they say, I think each of use is excited to see if the new ball can live up to the original and it's greatness. Your review certainly gives hope for that. Thanks for sharing.

I predict some people will love this ball and some people will hate it. Pretty sure I'll be right on that, too.