2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

> @jmgledhill said:

> just arrived. here is a pick showing the difference in finish as mentioned by the previous poster7ylo3cxxbb69.jpg

>

> Mondays are the worst - course is closed. I'll try to get some trackman numbers with them tomorrow...

>

Dimples look very similar to my current gamer - Srixon Z Star. I know the inside is different but that could offer some insight into who produced this ball.

8ads66g0yc2e.jpg

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @"Hack Daddy" said:

> > For those of us that are high spin, the 3 piece is horrific. Lost a club of distance and was backing them up 15-20 yards.

>

> Hack just quit playing those illegal grooves and they'll only spin back 2-3 feet.

My poser staff bag is only gonna get me so far. I need to undercut the competition somehow!

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Rogue Elite 859 65R

Adams Idea Pro 20° VS Proto
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW XP115
Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

Just played 18 holes comparing the old and new 4 piece Kirkland. This new ball (if ultimately available in larger quantities) will be a game changer. This could impact sales of the big boys. To me it feels close to the new Prov1X which I've been playing this year. The feel off the irons is the same but feels just ever so slightly firmer off the driver. Medium high flight that flattens out (not a big loopy arc). Compared to the first 4 piece Kirkland each time I would hit an iron the new ball would virtually always be a step or two longer than the original version. Same good spin into greens. My first hole is a 320 par 4 and I had 60 yards to the pin. I hit an easy lob wedge that one hopped and stopped dead. The rest of the round on every green that I hit the ball would be within 6-8 feet or less of the ball mark. Wedge shots would take a short bounce and come back to the mark or a foot or two behind (no huge spinners off the green). As the round progressed I just had a comfort level with the ball (like when I play the Prov1X). I sensed it could do what I asked of it. Only negative is it isn't as durable as a Prov1X. The ball wasn't beat up (finished the round with it) but you could see a couple small "scrub" marks. It could easily go another 18 but a ProV1X looks virtually new after a round if I don't have any collisions during the round. This may sound silly but this model looks more like a golf ball to me. No seam, normal sized number (not the dinky number of version one) and even the side stamp looks "normal" vs the first balls miniature text.

• Like 2

> @Golfnutintib said:

> does the costco kirkland ball come in yellow?

Yellow is the color of the streak up Titleist's backside over fear of the Ksig!

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

> @cristphoto said:

> Just played 18 holes comparing the old and new 4 piece Kirkland. This new ball (if ultimately available in larger quantities) will be a game changer. This could impact sales of the big boys. To me it feels close to the new Prov1X which I've been playing this year. The feel off the irons is the same but feels just ever so slightly firmer off the driver. Medium high flight that flattens out (not a big loopy arc). Compared to the first 4 piece Kirkland each time I would hit an iron the new ball would virtually always be a step or two longer than the original version. Same good spin into greens. My first hole is a 320 par 4 and I had 60 yards to the pin. I hit an easy lob wedge that one hopped and stopped dead. The rest of the round on every green that I hit the ball would be within 6-8 feet or less of the ball mark. Wedge shots would take a short bounce and come back to the mark or a foot or two behind (no huge spinners off the green). As the round progressed I just had a comfort level with the ball (like when I play the Prov1X). I sensed it could do what I asked of it. Only negative is it isn't as durable as a Prov1X. The ball wasn't beat up (finished the round with it) but you could see a couple small "scrub" marks. It could easily go another 18 but a ProV1X looks virtually new after a round if I don't have any collisions during the round. This may sound silly but this model looks more like a golf ball to me. No seam, normal sized number (not the dinky number of version one) and even the side stamp looks "normal" vs the first balls miniature text.

Imagine this...Costco after the ordeal with Titleist goes back and has a ball made that is fantastic and offers it for $30 per 2 dz just to give a big middle finger to the dinguses at Titleist.

I did not get mine until dinner time... so I ran out before dark and played a couple of holes and it seemed pretty typical. On hole 2 (par 5) I hit it inside 200 for the first time in a long time and no wind at all. Need more time to assess it better but it seemed like a good ball.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

> @Nessism said:

> > @Golfnutintib said:

> > does the costco kirkland ball come in yellow?

>

> Yellow is the color of the streak up Titleist's backside over fear of the Ksig!

You're right there. Assuming the lawyers at Costco made sure everything is patent safe, as I stated above this will put a dent in the big boys sales. I haven't heard any stories about this latest version being made from surplus cores or other pieces so hopefully this ball will be readily available once production is ramped up. Time will tell.

> @"North Butte" said:

> The obsession this thread has with Titleist is puzzling. Why do you guys feel like the only thing that matters about a Costco golf ball is whether it is somehow bad for Titleist?

Because Titleist had the bright idea to sue for something they didn't even invent? And charge way too much for??

• Like 3

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

> @gioreeko said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > The obsession this thread has with Titleist is puzzling. Why do you guys feel like the only thing that matters about a Costco golf ball is whether it is somehow bad for Titleist?

>

> Because Titleist had the bright idea to sue for something they didn't even invent?

You might want to go back and re-read from the beginning. Long before there *was* any lawsuit this thread was totally obsessed with Titleist this, Titleist that, Costco is going to put Titleist out of business.

> And charge way too much for??

I think this is closer to the truth. A lot of people are just hoping that somehow, some way TItleist will starting selling them Pro V1's cheaper. Don't hold your breath. I don't think our local hot dog places didn't lower their prices when Costco came to town and everybody knows how great a deal Costco has on 'dogs!

> @"North Butte" said:

> > @gioreeko said:

> > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > The obsession this thread has with Titleist is puzzling. Why do you guys feel like the only thing that matters about a Costco golf ball is whether it is somehow bad for Titleist?

> >

> > Because Titleist had the bright idea to sue for something they didn't even invent?

>

> You might want to go back and re-read from the beginning. Long before there *was* any lawsuit this thread was totally obsessed with Titleist this, Titleist that, Costco is going to put Titleist out of business.

>

> > And charge way too much for??

>

> I think this is closer to the truth. A lot of people are just hoping that somehow, some way TItleist will starting selling them Pro V1's cheaper. Don't hold your breath. I don't think our local hot dog places didn't lower their prices when Costco came to town and everybody knows how great a deal Costco has on 'dogs!

Yeah, I remember. I thought it was a little extreme to say Titleist would go out of business. But the moment I hit my first 4 piece K sig, I knew I was playing a ball just as good as the Prov1's I had been playing for years, and was a game changer.

• Like 1

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

> @tangojay said:

> For a 14 handicapper like me, the original 4 piece was/is as good as a Pro-V 1,,,,,, saves me time, can't find it after 5 minutes, drop and play,,,

>

>

3 mins

• Like 3

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

The obsession is bc Titelist had a huge share of the market when the first one was released. Honestly, I don't think this alone will put titelist out like others are saying. Direct-to-consumer ball brands have a better chance with their aggressive social media presence.

> @tcbringhurst said:

> The obsession is bc Titelist had a huge share of the market when the first one was released. Honestly, I don't think this alone will put titelist out like others are saying. Direct-to-consumer ball brands have a better chance with their aggressive social media presence.

Hey, Pro-V's are good, but, my cheapskate 14 handicap hack self, does not allow me to open the wallet and pay $45 per dozen! The reason this ball has the following it has is because it is that good and it's cheap! There is plenty of people who are brand loyal and only play what the big boys get paid to play, so Titleist is not going to hurt.

> @"North Butte" said:

> > @gioreeko said:

> > > The obsession this thread has with Titleist is puzzling. Why do you guys feel like the only thing that matters about a Costco golf ball is whether it is somehow bad for Titleist?

> >

> > Because Titleist had the bright idea to sue for something they didn't even invent?

>

> You might want to go back and re-read from the beginning. Long before there *was* any lawsuit this thread was totally obsessed with Titleist this, Titleist that, Costco is going to put Titleist out of business.

>

>

> I think this is closer to the truth. A lot of people are just hoping that somehow, some way TItleist will starting selling them Pro V1's cheaper. Don't hold your breath. I don't think our local hot dog places didn't lower their prices when Costco came to town and everybody knows how great a deal Costco has on 'dogs!

It pains me to get a hot dog at the turn or at a sporting event when I can get a Costco dog for $1.50.

But a japadog.....I’ll drop a bit more and not think twice. I guess it’s like some people with Titleist balls and ksig’s. Man....I haven’t had a japadog in a long time nor have I been to b.c. In a while. Kurabuto terimayo and bratwurst terimayo. Yum!!!

l71avof7eqi6.jpeg

Got mine, testing tomorrow

TM SIM Max 9* Tensei Orange 60
Titleist TS2 16.5 Motore X 75
Ping g400 20.5 DVS 85
Titleist 818H1 23* Diamana 90

Ping i500 5-7, iBlade 8-Pw 
Ping Glide 53, 58, Callaway 64*
Kevin Burns “Icemakr” custom
Stage IV MELANOMA SURVIVOR
“kids wear your sunscreen !!"

OG wrxer (check my member #)

> @jpdx said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > > The obsession this thread has with Titleist is puzzling. Why do you guys feel like the only thing that matters about a Costco golf ball is whether it is somehow bad for Titleist?

> > >

> > > Because Titleist had the bright idea to sue for something they didn't even invent?

> >

> > You might want to go back and re-read from the beginning. Long before there *was* any lawsuit this thread was totally obsessed with Titleist this, Titleist that, Costco is going to put Titleist out of business.

> >

> > > And charge way too much for??

> >

> > I think this is closer to the truth. A lot of people are just hoping that somehow, some way TItleist will starting selling them Pro V1's cheaper. Don't hold your breath. I don't think our local hot dog places didn't lower their prices when Costco came to town and everybody knows how great a deal Costco has on 'dogs!

>

> It pains me to get a hot dog at the turn or at a sporting event when I can get a Costco dog for $1.50.

>

> But a japadog.....I’ll drop a bit more and not think twice. I guess it’s like some people with Titleist balls and ksig’s. Man....I haven’t had a japadog in a long time nor have I been to b.c. In a while. Kurabuto terimayo and bratwurst terimayo. Yum!!!

I am a Annual Pass holder at Disneyland (until this October, then no more) and can’t get myself to buy a $5.99 churros when I can get one twice as big at COSTCO for $1.50 !!

• Like 1

> @"North Butte" said:

> > @gioreeko said:

> >

>

>

>

Hmmm. Our local hotdog place is Costco. The other guy went out of business.

> @FlashinLeather said:

> > @jmgledhill said:

> > just arrived. here is a pick showing the difference in finish as mentioned by the previous poster7ylo3cxxbb69.jpg

> >

> > Mondays are the worst - course is closed. I'll try to get some trackman numbers with them tomorrow...

> >

>

> Dimples look very similar to my current gamer - Srixon Z Star. I know the inside is different but that could offer some insight into who produced this ball.

> 8ads66g0yc2e.jpg

>

Received my Kirklands yesterday afternoon!!! I've played the Kirkland 3pc and Srixon Z-Star XV the entire season. I have no problem with the Kirkland 3pc but decided to stick with the Srixon (latest build).

I had time to chip and putt last night and found that the Kirkland 4pc and Srixon feel very very similar off the putter. Chipping was a little different. Even though the feel was similar, the Kirkland 4pc had a lot more roll out than the Srixon. I tried hard to get both to stop at the same place but the Kirkland simply rolled out a bit more.

Not a bad thing, just sayin...

Ordered mine on Friday, status shows shipment ready for UPS since 9/15 :'( Anyone else get their shipping notification but not actually shipped yet?

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

> @bhj83 said:

> Ordered mine on Friday, status shows shipment ready for UPS since 9/15 :'( Anyone else get their shipping notification but not actually shipped yet?

Mine did the same thing, up until it showed "Loaded on the truck for delivery" this morning. Dunno if it's something with UPS or with Costco, but don't worry too much