SRIXON 765 Initial thoughts and pics!

mtex22

Richmond, VA.

I keep telling him to advertise his work. He's so good at it.

As of now he just does odds and ends for a few of us locals.

You know I hate you right now....too far away for paint fill and I'm waiting for my 765's. Should be in this week or next. Sigh....

PS yours do look very nice. :)

Hang in there, pal. The 765s are worth the wait!

Hey Lefty! Who would be close in comparison to the 765 in looks and performance? i200,iblades, Apex pro , ap2 etc ,etc..... Only the available models for southpaws

I played the Apex Pro16 before the 765s and did well with them. The 765 are a little larger in overall size than the Apex Pro 16 and both have the chrome finish. I think the Apex Pro 16 are more workable than the 765, but not by a huge margin. It didn't take me very long to adjust to the larger head size. I'm 1/2 club longer with the 765 over the Apex Pro 16.

I've played the 714 AP2 in the past, but they didn't stay in the bag very long because I hit moon balls with them. Srixons are definitely a lower launching head than the AP2s.

I haven't hit the i200, but I have played the i25 in the past. The 765s are comparable in size and playability to the i25, but with less offset in the long irons and a much better feel at impact.

The sole grind on the 765 is really good. It seems to fit both pickers and diggers well. I've found it to be good out of all lies, but from really thick rough I would give the edge to the Apex Pro 16.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'll end up with another set of Z765's or whatever the replacement will be . If I could find a set of heads I have Nippon Modus 3 120 shafts waiting in my shop :)

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

Richmond, VA.

I keep telling him to advertise his work. He's so good at it.

As of now he just does odds and ends for a few of us locals.

You know I hate you right now....too far away for paint fill and I'm waiting for my 765's. Should be in this week or next. Sigh....

PS yours do look very nice. :)

Hang in there, pal. The 765s are worth the wait!

Hey Lefty! Who would be close in comparison to the 765 in looks and performance? i200,iblades, Apex pro , ap2 etc ,etc..... Only the available models for southpaws

I played the Apex Pro16 before the 765s and did well with them. The 765 are a little larger in overall size than the Apex Pro 16 and both have the chrome finish. I think the Apex Pro 16 are more workable than the 765, but not by a huge margin. It didn't take me very long to adjust to the larger head size. I'm 1/2 club longer with the 765 over the Apex Pro 16.

I've played the 714 AP2 in the past, but they didn't stay in the bag very long because I hit moon balls with them. Srixons are definitely a lower launching head than the AP2s.

I haven't hit the i200, but I have played the i25 in the past. The 765s are comparable in size and playability to the i25, but with less offset in the long irons and a much better feel at impact.

The sole grind on the 765 is really good. It seems to fit both pickers and diggers well. I've found it to be good out of all lies, but from really thick rough I would give the edge to the Apex Pro 16.

Wow..... awesome..... forgot you told me about the Apex pro comparison.... I'll probably go with project X lz as shaft of choice so that will help with launch.... I'm not a high ball guy....hemmed and hawed for awhile now.... thanks

How are the guys liking these that put graphite in these ?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

For me these appear to be a winner. 765's with Nippon 125S. I thought the Nike VPC with 120X were a good fit and these are even better. Same lofts but 5-8 yards longer, matches what I saw in the shaft fitting.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

For me these appear to be a winner. 765's with Nippon 125S. I thought the Nike VPC with 120X were a good fit and these are even better. Same lofts but 5-8 yards longer, matches what I saw in the shaft fitting.

How does the 125S compare to the 120X?

I have the 120X in my 765s, but have been thinking about trying the 125S. I have a brand new set waiting in the wings.

PXG Bat Attack H

I have a combo set and will be ordering the 7-pw in 765 here shortly. I like the 965's but FOR ME there is a noticeable difference in the forgiveness between the two. I notice it the most in the 6/7 iron shots. LOVING these irons!

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 - Adila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Stiff

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 3 wood 16* - LinQ Purple 70 Stiff

Callaway Paradym 18/19* Hybrid  HZRDUS Smoke Gray 

Mizuno Pro 243 with modus 120S

Mizuno T24 50 and 56 S400
Bettinardi Queen B

I have the 120X in my 765s, but have been thinking about trying the 125S. I have a brand new set waiting in the wings.

They feel... different. As we discussed before I'm not getting the pull shots when I go after it too quickly. And I'm getting almost a full club longer carry than with Nike vpc with 120x. Through the bag. Similar loft so it's the shaft, for me.

I am however having a harder time hitting knock downs with these so far.

They feel... different. As we discussed before I'm not getting the pull shots when I go after it too quickly. And I'm getting almost a full club longer carry than with Nike vpc with 120x. Through the bag. Similar loft so it's the shaft, for me.

Thanks for the info. I suppose my main concern is feel. The 120X doesn't really feel like an X. I was just wondering how the 125S feels in comparison. I also am concerned that going with a weaker flex might bring more spin and greater dispersion.

Also, hitting fades with the 120X takes a little more work than I'm used to. I'm hoping the 125S may help in that department. I am concerned about your reference to hitting knockdowns. I like to hit those on windy days and when I have to get out of the woods.

PXG Bat Attack H

Thanks for the info. I suppose my main concern is feel. The 120X doesn't really feel like an X. I was just wondering how the 125S feels in comparison. I also am concerned that going with a weaker flex might bring more spin and greater dispersion.

Also, hitting fades with the 120X takes a little more work than I'm used to. I'm hoping the 125S may help in that department. I am concerned about your reference to hitting knockdowns. I like to hit those on windy days and when I have to get out of the woods.

Rod, you'll have to try them for yourself of course. I think it may be the 765's as much as the shaft making knockdowns more of a challenge. With the vpc it was easy. It might be that I've only played them three rounds and only tried to lower flight a couple times. More data needed for myself and certainly you need to hit them.

• 2 weeks later...

After playing nothing but Titleist irons since I have been playing, I am starting to realize I don't need to be hitting my current 690mb's as I am getting older and fatter and wiser. The new set is going be either 745's or 765's. I can't stop reading the rave reviews about them to not give them a shot. Are the 765's that much better than the 745's. I have played almost every Titleist iron under the sun so I have no preference on appearance as far as top line or roundness. I actually prefer a chunkier, thick top line but i have read about the "roundness" differences. Shot out of a cannon, if you guys were hitting them side by side and didn't know which one was which, which iron would you go with out of the 745/765? Thanks!

TSI3 9 Pro White
TSI2 15  Pro White

TSI2 18  Pro Blue/MIZUNO FLI-HI 3 Iron Pro White
PXG 0311T P-7/0311P 6-4
VOKEY SM7 RAW 52F 08
VOKEY SM7 RAW 56S 10
VOKEY SM7 RAW 60L 04
CAMERON NEWPORT 2/CAMERON 6M
PRO V1X

After playing nothing but Titleist irons since I have been playing, I am starting to realize I don't need to be hitting my current 690mb's as I am getting older and fatter and wiser. The new set is going be either 745's or 765's. I can't stop reading the rave reviews about them to not give them a shot. Are the 765's that much better than the 745's. I have played almost every Titleist iron under the sun so I have no preference on appearance as far as top line or roundness. I actually prefer a chunkier, thick top line but i have read about the "roundness" differences. Shot out of a cannon, if you guys were hitting them side by side and didn't know which one was which, which iron would you go with out of the 745/765? Thanks!

Feel-wise, I didn't think there was a huge amount of difference between the two. I wanted the 745s but they had run out of stock in Europe and you could only get them in leftie or with black heads (which I didn't want). I still think that the 745s are the better looking iron but I love my 765s. They're so forgiving and (to me) just as easy to hit as my old Ping G20s, which look huge by comparison!

You won't be disappointed with either but if you get the chance to hit them side by side then go for the one which fits YOU best.

[size=2][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b]Fly-Z 9.5deg[/b][/font][/size]
[size=2][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b]G20 5W 18deg[/b]
[b]Z U65 3/20deg[/b]
[b]Z 765 4-PW[/b]
[b]RTX-3 52/10[/b]
[b]RTX-3 58/12[/b]
[b]Karsten 1959 Anser 2[/b][/font][/size]

I'm coming from Titleist 716 mb and the offset on the Z765 is considerably more. Any one make a similar move and found the offset to negatively affect their game?

The 965 of course would be more comparable. The PW-9-8 are about the same offset in the 765 and 716mb. The rest are a bit more offset in the Srixon. But only you will know if they are "too offset".

Well, I picked up a set of Z 765 (4-PW) with Modus3 Tour 120 shafts off of eBay today for $535.00. These were lightly used from a reputable bidder. I can't wait until they arrive. I pick up a new Z 565 4 iron directly from Srixon last week, but I was not crazy about the LZ 6.0 shaft. It felt boardy for my swing. I won't be getting rid of my 2013 X-Forged anytime soon although they are showing signs of wear.

Well, I picked up a set of Z 765 (4-PW) with Modus3 Tour 120 shafts off of eBay today for $535.00. These were lightly used from a reputable bidder. I can't wait until they arrive. I pick up a new Z 565 4 iron directly from Srixon last week, but I was not crazy about the LZ 6.0 shaft. It felt boardy for my swing. I won't be getting rid of my 2013 X-Forged anytime soon although they are showing signs of wear.

Had the X-forged since their release in early 2013. The 765 was finally the irons that kicked them out. Good luck!!

I know I'll end up with another set of Z765's or whatever the replacement will be . If I could find a set of heads I have Nippon Modus 3 120 shafts waiting in my shop :)

Why not order them from Srixon-no upcharge for the Nippon shafts-and sell the shafts you have?

New Iron combo options on Srixon Japan website with some special shafts.

https://golf.dunlop....club/index.html

I'm sure it wont be long till these appear on Rakuten

That all black driver looks sweet. Speaking of Rakuten, I found these head covers that match my bag. I posted this in the JDM forum but thought I would share here too.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

That all black driver looks sweet. Speaking of Rakuten, I found these head covers that match my bag. I posted this in the JDM forum but thought I would share here too.

I have that same bag...impossible to take care of!

I have that same bag...impossible to take care of!

Ain't that the truth. I'm constantly trying not to scuff it up and then cleaning it at home.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

Yeah thats the Z565 black driver, except the stock shafts are for slow swingers torque ratings of like 5.0+, so anyone swinging 90mph and above would properly want a stiffer and lower torque shaft. The other interesting club was the Z765 driver with fixed hosel and 2 weight ports - not available in USA!

Had the X-forged since their release in early 2013. The 765 was finally the irons that kicked them out. Good luck!!

Well, my z765 irons came Friday. With the rain here I couldn't hit them until today. Awesome. Mid ball flight. 1/2 club longer than my 2013 X-Forged. Solid feeling. Absolutely fabulous looking. All I did was take them to the PGATSS and had the lies adjusted. I am so ecstatic.

That bag is sick! How much?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Finally got mine the other day. Here they are with the new Cleveland wedges and my old Cleveland putter. Only played 9 and hit the range a couple of times. The shafts are going to take a bit of adjustment, but my last range session seemed much better. Plan on playing the next three days, so they will get broken in fast.

How did the summer go with these beauts?

Finally got to hit them at the PGA Superstore yesterday. WOW. Amazing irons. I wanted to compare them to the 565. Both were absolutely incredible. That being said, I am now looking for a set of 565's.

TSI3 9 Pro White
TSI2 15  Pro White

TSI2 18  Pro Blue/MIZUNO FLI-HI 3 Iron Pro White
PXG 0311T P-7/0311P 6-4
VOKEY SM7 RAW 52F 08
VOKEY SM7 RAW 56S 10
VOKEY SM7 RAW 60L 04
CAMERON NEWPORT 2/CAMERON 6M
PRO V1X

I've been playing these irons for a few months now. The only complaint I have at this point is they don't seem to be as workable as the Apex Pros or 2013 X-Forged I played previously.

I can hit a draw and hook with these quite easily, but hitting cuts and fades is a challenge for me. I'm not certain if this is a clubhead issue or a shaft issue (Modus 120X). The jury is still deliberating.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Maybe its just me.....

PXG Bat Attack H