SRIXON 765 Initial thoughts and pics!

mtex22

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really enjoying my new 765s. A bit smaller look than I'm used to on my Bridgestones (J15 DPF & J40 DPC), but the forgiveness is plenty adequate. Off center strikes aren't overly penalized, and my good shots are darts at the pin. Side to side workability is just OK. Modus 120 stiff is super smooth for me with a high flight, it's been an easy transition from R300.

I wish I had made the switch earlier.

I ordered the 120S as well based on some reviews. I hit them and enjoyed the flight, would you say that the r300 and the 120s are playing the same just lighter?

I am coming from DG Pro r300. Weight is the same. Modus 120 definitely fly higher and have a smoother feel for me (slightly easier to swing despite being labeled "stiff"). I would say it should be an easy transition for someone with that SS. I'm about 95 with my driver.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9* / Ventus TR 5-S
Callaway Rogue 14* / Tour Blue 75-S

Callaway Rogue SZ 18* / Thump 75f-S

PXG Gen2 22* / Fuji Pro 73-S
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-P / Modus 120-S 
PXG Sugar Daddy II 53*/58*

Odyssey Versa 1W

Hit my new 765s w/Modus 120s for the first time at the range today. Instantly loved them and unfortunately have to wait a couple weeks before getting them on the course. I have a steeper/digger swing and had no problem.

it's been a loooong wet winter.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Received the call this afternoon and picked them up! 7 days on the nose! Picked up a combo set 4-6 765, 7-pw 965 with the modus tour 120S. I actually had a session with my pro last night to work on wedges (pulling them left but nothing else going left) anyway. When hitting the mid and long irons he mentioned he would like to see me in something between stiff and regular but heavier than the 105 I was playing. Went to the range today with the new sticks and WOW!!!! What a difference. They definitely feel heavier overall. I was getting about a half club more distance and the flight was more piercing! Not sure if this is how the 120 is supposed to play but for me it is and I love it (at least after day one)!

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 - Adila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Stiff

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 3 wood 16* - LinQ Purple 70 Stiff

Callaway Paradym 18/19* Hybrid  HZRDUS Smoke Gray 

Mizuno Pro 243 with modus 120S

Mizuno T24 50 and 56 S400
Bettinardi Queen B

I've got five rounds under my belt now with mine. One of the rounds my back was acting up which causes my swing to suffer. I was amazed about how crappy of a swing I can put on these and still wind up with a decent shot. Toe hits suffer almost zero distance loss. One other thing that I have noticed is how long the 4 iron is. We have a par 4 at my club that needs a 210 max shot off the tee. My 4 iron is almost too long for this shot flirting with a bunker they is at the end of the fairway. I have noticed great turf interaction too. Medium size shallow divots that glide through the turf. I recognize that I'm still in the honeymoon phase but I've got nothing but positives to report thus far. I'm loving the Project X LZ too. Very smooth feeling shaft that's easy to load.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

After all the buzz on here, I have taken the plunge. It started because I was looking for something less harsh for shafts and have been playing MPH-5s for about 2,5 years with C-tapers, had Adams Idea Pros with C-tapers before. Like the consistency of the C-Tapers, but they are hard on the body IMO. I"ve been trying a used set of Mirua MB001s with Recoil protos I got from a friend, loved the feel, but the blade is just too much for me.

I was considering Nippon Modus 120s, was then thinking Mizuno, and realized Nippons were no upcharge from Srixon, started reading and demoing and really liked the look and feel. First ordered Z765s 5-PW, then called back later that day and said to add the AW. I was thinking of keeping the MPH-5 3 and 4 iron, but then I was reading that since the Modus 120 is such a different animal, I might have problems going back and forth. I went back today and added the Z565s in the 3 and 4. Maybe they will be here before the end of next week, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

So I have spent a few days on the range with these dialing in the yardages and flight based on new shaft etc. I am going to be heading out for a round later this week and will update then as well but must point out something I haven't seen much talk about. These things are durable! In an age were an hour on the range can leave most modern clubs looking a year or so old these just stand out! Extremely happy with this aspect of these irons!

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 - Adila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Stiff

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 3 wood 16* - LinQ Purple 70 Stiff

Callaway Paradym 18/19* Hybrid  HZRDUS Smoke Gray 

Mizuno Pro 243 with modus 120S

Mizuno T24 50 and 56 S400
Bettinardi Queen B

I like them so much I just picked up a 2nd set to do some shaft experiments with. RIP Tour 115 and DGTI AMT S400.

Cally Epic Speed w/ Accra
Titleist TSR3 16.5 w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Ping G425 3 Hybrid w/Ping Tour Chrome X

Ping iCrossover 4 Iron w/Ping Tour Chrome X

Srixon ZX7 5-PW w/ PXLZ 6.0
Cally Jaws Raw w/ TIS400
Ping Fetch/Ping Lil'B

I have now owned multiple sets of these, and have not found the love for them. I've tried the Modus3 Tour 120 stiff (sold them, and buyer is loving them) TI AMT X100's, (sold / traded these, then traded back for other stuff) And last week I put a set of UST TourSPX Recoil Prototype 95g F5 into a set and played a round this weekend with them. They are okay, just not that great feel that I would expect from them. In the end, I will pull the shafts and move the heads. Maybe I have been spoiled with my Adams XTD Forged irons with my second set of UST TourSPX Recoil Prototype 95g F5 shafts..

I have now owned multiple sets of these, and have not found the love for them. I've tried the Modus3 Tour 120 stiff (sold them, and buyer is loving them) TI AMT X100's, (sold / traded these, then traded back for other stuff) And last week I put a set of UST TourSPX Recoil Prototype 95g F5 into a set and played a round this weekend with them. They are okay, just not that great feel that I would expect from them. In the end, I will pull the shafts and move the heads. Maybe I have been spoiled with my Adams XTD Forged irons with my second set of UST TourSPX Recoil Prototype 95g F5 shafts..

Shoot me a PM, I might be interested in the Z765 Heads -- I have a set of Recoil Proto 95s sitting on a work bench that need a home.

LB

TM Qi10 Max - Diamana T60
PXG Black Ops 4W, 7W - GD Tour AD VR-7

Titleist T350 5 - MMT95

Titleist T200 6-PW - MMT95

Titleist T150 GW - MMT105

Vokey- 54/12A, 58LBK
LAB Golf DF3
Titleist Pro V1

Sold my 765/965 combo set a while back and have been regretting it so I decided to order a set of 765s tonight. Had the KBS Tour V110 in my previous set but decided to try the Modus 105 shafts in this new set. I've never gamed Nippon shafts before so looking forward to trying them out. Just need to find myself an AW to add to the bag now.

Sold my 765/965 combo set a while back and have been regretting it so I decided to order a set of 765s tonight. Had the KBS Tour V110 in my previous set but decided to try the Modus 105 shafts in this new set. I've never gamed Nippon shafts before so looking forward to trying them out. Just need to find myself an AW to add to the bag now.

765/565 combo is the best , had the kbs and the modus 105 is way better. Get the attack wedge also, its awesome

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

765/565 combo is the best , had the kbs and the modus 105 is way better. Get the attack wedge also, its awesome

Approach wedge?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Nice high ball brosef

I played around with the FS optimizer and these seem like ideal launch conditions. It's crazy to see because coming from my MP57s I was seeing pretty standard 90' height throughout the set. The long irons are launching the ball high with low spin more akin to a driver than a 4i. Pretty crazy.

90' is a low ball.

I hit about 34-37 yards but I used to play ApexCF16s that would routinely go above 40 yards and that was just too high

I wouldn't say 90' is a low ball and it used to be the magic number on tour. This is from 2014 but maybe things have changed since then. https://blog.trackmangolf.com/trackman-average-tour-stats/

just had my first round with 565/765 combo set.

honestly, I was really worried when I ordered the combo because of those scary blade looking.

boy but they are forgiving and buttery compared to M1 and PSi I played prior gamers

765 short irons (8-Pw) felt somewhat similar PSi short ions but ball flight was much better than PSi (KBS C taper Lite shaft)

I am also considered a super handicapper upper 20's but at address 765 never intimidated me rather had somewhat confidence with that sexy look

guess my quest for new irons finally completed! oh and first birdy of the year with 8 iron! so pure

90' is a low ball.

I hit about 34-37 yards but I used to play ApexCF16s that would routinely go above 40 yards and that was just too high

I wouldn't say 90' is a low ball and it used to be the magic number on tour. This is from 2014 but maybe things have changed since then. https://blog.trackmangolf.com/trackman-average-tour-stats/

Interesting. Was always told 30 was a low ball but maybe it was low 'for me'

Yesterday when I was hitting my Srixon 565 4i I was hitting some bombs but check out the height and spin. Does that seem crazy?

Averages

Ball speed: 132.3

Club head speed: 97.5

Smash: 1.4

Carry: 206.1

Launch: 17*

Spin: 4369

Height: 117′7″

Time: 6.9

nice hang time...I could guzzle a bottle of beer down before your ball landed.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

So I now have a few rounds with my z765's with UST TourSPX Recoil Prototype 95 F5 shafts.. they feel great and have a solid chance to replace my XTD Forged irons with the same shafts..well done Srixon..!

Cad, you've run the gamut on these irons.... I believe this is your 3rd try....what keeps bringing you back? I had the xtd forged 3 times myself and regret ridding my stash of them.....

Since you have same shaft, can you compare flight, spin, distance and dispersion/forgiveness please?

I don't have much actual specs to compare. I typically can score about the same with which ever irons I have in the bag, I love the feel of the XTD Forged irons, and the z765's are about as close to that feel as the XTD Forged. I find with the XTD Forged I tend to hit 5 yard fades and with the z765's I've been hitting 5 yard draws.

The shafts in both sets are exactly the same specs, I have two sets of UST TourSPX Recoil Prototype 95 F5 both sets playing at +1/2" longer.

To answer your question.. this thread had me thinking I had to keep trying these out. First set of z765's were with Modus3 120s, then the second set was with Tour Issue DG AMT X100's, and those I reshafted with the Recoils.