2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Matsuyama reaction after every shot annoying

golf1010

Side note, that squeaky video posted above. Never realized how hard he comes through the ball or the crisp sound of contact. Wow.

Yeah. Dude brings it. He's a meaty guy. Lots of power there.

And those legs.... There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe those legs...

you sound like my childhood friend...She's into big chunky legs on guys lol...disqualifies me immediately

haha.. I was being sarcastic by the way. The commentators can't seem to get over those "tree trunk thighs" of his.

This is getting out of hand~

A meaty guy with incredible legs and tree trunk thighs?

This is a golf site for chrissakes?

STOP IT!!! ?

Oh, BTW, George "The Animal" Steele passed away-

Talk about incredible meaty thighs

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A meaty guy with incredible legs and tree trunk thighs

This is a golf site for chrissakes

STOP IT!!!

All the Best,

RP

Haha, you're right. Let's not get this thread put into an NSFW category. My 2 actual cents on the topic are that I would love to be as annoying as Hideki is to some if it meant I could play like him.

HaHa. Sounds like he and Jordan would be the "dreamy" grouping, lmao

Especially if some proffessional autograph "scum" are thrown into the mix!!

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friends

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

A meaty guy with incredible legs and tree trunk thighs

This is a golf site for chrissakes

STOP IT!!!

All the Best,

RP

And turnbuckles across the globe breathe a sigh of relief!

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

I agree. I like HIdeki but the one hand club thing when the ball is in the center of the fairway or 2 ft from the cup has to stop. I play with a lot of college D1 players and 80% of them do the same thing. When i ask about the dramatic release of the club they say the same thing "didn't catch it flush". I then say to them "you'll never make it in golf if you have to react to every shot that isn't flushed." They then look at me like i have 4 heads.

Obviously Hideki has made it in golf but if he holds himself to some impossible standard he is in for bitter disappointment with his career in golf.

so how is that theory working for you ? think about it .. Hideki is doing pretty well isn't he ?

I

agree with you for the most part... but I understand where he is coming from .... you try to hit a shot to a spot and you want it to spin right or left.. ive hit plenty that are middle of the green pin high that I dodnt catch right to feed to the hole and been pissed about it ... and certain playing partners cant understand it ... saying " your pin high on the green "... yes but that miss is just as big as the one you just pushed into the bunker and are mad about... same same ...

If your a 1.6 hcp you shouldnt be mad about any shot on the green in regulation. Not saying you should be thrilled to death but pissed? Golf is a game and you mishit 95% of your shots in a round. Why do anything that makes you upset 95% of the time?

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

He just bombed one down the left side of the fairway at Riviera, perfect position for a back right pin location. Let the club fall to his shoulder, buckled his knees and winced like he hated it. Gave me a good chuckle.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

I don't understand how Hidecki doesn't get fined for slow play. It's so annoying watching him get ready to hit - it's far worse than watching Sergio in his early years where he constantly regripped the club. He needs to get ready to hit before standing in to the ball and then get going. The endless regrips and looks are beyond annoying to watch. And add Jason Day to list as well. Great player but he's gotten really annoying to watch, especially now that he's turned into a little bit of a head case as well.

I don't understand how Hidecki doesn't get fined for slow play. It's so annoying watching him get ready to hit - it's far worse than watching Sergio in his early years where he constantly regripped the club. He needs to get ready to hit before standing in to the ball and then get going. The endless regrips and looks are beyond annoying to watch. And add Jason Day to list as well. Great player but he's gotten really annoying to watch, especially now that he's turned into a little bit of a head case as well.

He could be getting fined. We'll just never hear about it

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

Oh I forgot opinions aren't allowed it's also an observation that seems pretty weird when 99% of his shots are perfect

I'm tired of gross exaggerations. Stop it already.

He only hits 98% of his shots perfectly !!!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Does every player get a hate thread when they start winning?

Actually,,,,,,, I think you've hit on something,,,,,, :cheesy:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Not that I want this thread to take too serious a turn, but in all seriousness after having seen Jason Day's full routine, if I were paired with him in a tournament I'd be calling a marshal over after the first hole to observe the group to make sure I wasn't penalized for the inevitable bad time given.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

I agree. I like HIdeki but the one hand club thing when the ball is in the center of the fairway or 2 ft from the cup has to stop. I play with a lot of college D1 players and 80% of them do the same thing. When i ask about the dramatic release of the club they say the same thing "didn't catch it flush". I then say to them "you'll never make it in golf if you have to react to every shot that isn't flushed." They then look at me like i have 4 heads.

Obviously Hideki has made it in golf but if he holds himself to some impossible standard he is in for bitter disappointment with his career in golf.

so how is that theory working for you ? think about it .. Hideki is doing pretty well isn't he ?

I agree with you for the most part... but I understand where he is coming from .... you try to hit a shot to a spot and you want it to spin right or left.. ive hit plenty that are middle of the green pin high that I dodnt catch right to feed to the hole and been pissed about it ... and certain playing partners cant understand it ... saying " your pin high on the green "... yes but that miss is just as big as the one you just pushed into the bunker and are mad about... same same ...

If your a 1.6 hcp you shouldnt be mad about any shot on the green in regulation. Not saying you should be thrilled to death but pissed? Golf is a game and you mishit 95% of your shots in a round. Why do anything that makes you upset 95% of the time?

Agreed, lol!!!

Hell, 1.6~ can't even get into the money swats(nor would he want to) and some of the Tourneys(some go by the USGA line but when push comes to shove, there are no surprises unless it's a former Pro or Elite Am who's gone north to 1.5~ Cuz family, job and/life got in the way).

However that kind of attitude is usually detrimental to an Am, even a Plus Player, because the focus is not on the the next shot as it should be but instead on the last shot, which is done, finite, be it good or bad, and cannot be changed so WhatITF good does a diva dance do but show one's FC a lack of focus, self control and discipline?

If Ben Hogan only "Flushed" 3 shots a round, TOPS, whoTF are we to get upset over a center green "miss"

Oh, and FWIW, that miss to center green IS NOT the same as the one ya just splashed into the bunker-

One ball you have a wedge in your hand for your next shot and the other a putter-

One, they're not even close, even if you're Gary Friggin Player and two, ya should've long forgotten about the beach shot along with your center green "miss" and should concentrating and focusing on your next shot.

Hell, I Played those center green "misses" to a +2.8 and beat a few guys along the way, LMAO

Playing at Plus for me wasn't so much hitting these super duper shots as it was managing misses and hitting the ball in the general direction that I aimed. When that ball hits the ground, as Sam and Pete used to say, "that baby ain't yours no more," lol, and you've got no control over the bounce(s), the spin or the outcome.

WhyITF would you get upset over something that you can't control??

It's mental Bro, MENTAL!

Just my .03 worth?

Nice point J!

All the Best,

RP

Cut the guy some slack. I'd be livid too if my approach from 200 yards landed 5 feet left of where I was aiming.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

sorry , still don't like him, can't stand watching that stuff,

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

Despite all the backlash in this thread, I see where you are coming from OP, but I may have worded it a little differently.

There is no question that Hideki leads the field every week in one handed follow-throughs that end up 6 feet from the hole (or 325 down the middle of the fairway.) I wouldn't say it has made me dislike him - his is a great player - but there have been plenty of times I have seen his reaction to a shot that ended up being a great shot and it make me shake my head and chuckle.

I like hideki awesome talent just gimme a break with the theatrics

He was more animated with disgust shooting -3 then he was shooting 3 over.

Boy who cried wolf syndrome

I find it hard to watch.

To me it looks like he almost does it for attention which he doesn't even need more of...how can you hit a 310 yard drive down the middle and have it feel so bad that you need drop your club on a follow through or a iron shot that lands 20 ft short of hole and right at the flag and bounces and hits the pin really?

Atleast when tiger used to do that it was cause he actually hit it o.b or something haha.

Hideki is a great player but it just makes it annoying to watch him play

2017 Tour issue M2 9.5 Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
2016 Tour issue M2 15 Tensei Pro Blue 80 TX
Titelst T-MB 2 Tour Issue AMT X100
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-9 KBS C Taper 130 X
48 SM6 Tour KBS C Taper 130 X
54,60 SM6 w/ Tour Issue S400 Onyx
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport 2 Button Back

It doesn't bother me how he reacts. In my opinion I think he just has really high standards in his game. Now, compared to others that break their clubs and just act like a fool. At least Hideki has some respect.

Cobra fly z+ Aldila rogue black
TM aero burner mini driver aldila rogue black
TM R9 3&5 wood stock
2016 mizuno jpx ez 4-gw
Cleveland cg16 50,56,62
Odyssey black series #5

I'm still convinced he'll be the first to make a club drop ace

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

I've been waiting for this thread, hah.

I recognize that this is a particular pet peeve, but it just really irks me. I love that Faldo ranted about it after that A1, dead center drive of 340 yards that he gave the complete bail out, one handed finish to the other week. I get that pros have high expectations, but is there something weird in his mechanics where two really bad feeling "wrongs" are making a "right" sometimes? There is nothing about a 320+ yard drive sailing down Hogan's alley that warrants that kind of reaction, so it HAS to be a feel thing and not a "I don't like that ball flight" thing.

Even still, I have NEVER had a slumped shoulder, one handed follow through shot that was "accidentally" 10 feet from the flag. My reactions are always based on ball flight so its really hard for to me to understand.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 4i-7i 23*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Just glad people are starting to admit Jordan is a whiner. I said it a year ago and everyone was so in love I got flamed hard for it.

Actually starting to like Jordan more but it doesn't mean he doesn't whine, just like Bubba.

Matsuyama may suffer from the same affliction: post shot whiney depression

P.S.W.D. may be worthy of a prescription drug some day

It doesn't mean they aren't good people or amazing golfers, obviously.

They just suffer from PSWD.

In Spieth and Bubba's case it's G.G.R.B.= general golf related bitching

Just a couple of thoughts about it from what I've observed working for a Japanese company for 18 years...

1st, his reactions externally are quite unusual as they typically keep their feelings inside and don't display them. It is a cultural thing, so what he is doing is in fact out of the norm.

2nd, they are expected always to perform at the perfect level of performance. Nothing is ever good enough. There is always a goal or a target. If your performance ever approaches the target, the target is then made more difficult, you can never reach it. Even if you do, which you can't then you would be expected to reach it always, so far fetched golf example would be if you got one hole in one, then why can't you get 18 in one round? So therefore when you are learning golf, your target is first the green, you come close to that, then it becomes an 8 ft circle around the pin, you nearly reach that and it becomes a 2 ft. circle, etc. etc. It's a cultural thing. The only thing again I see in him is the outward display of the expectation of being taught that you can/must do better. It's a driving force that is planted within from childhood.

He could be getting fined. We'll just never hear about it

I notice some professionals don't start their club selection and/or pre-shot routine until after the other guy has hit. One would think he would be ready to go after the other guy's shot is in the air.