PXG Commercials are really really really bad - am I right?

2bGood

On 5/30/2021 at 11:01 PM, Hawkeye77 said:

Is Lydia Ko the only other staffer to have won in the last year? 

Austin Ernst won the '21 LPGA Drive-on Championship by 5 stroke margin.

Seems like a silly barometer, though.

Edit - And using the "in the last year" parameter, she won in August 2020, as well, edging out Anna Nordqvist (also PXG) by two strokes.  

Edited by OKMrazor
Clarification
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Holy Moses said:

OWGR from the time they signed to where they were after a few years is one way to look at it.

Again, if a regular dude wants to play PXGs and likes them, go for it. My main gripe is with most of the way PXG went about marketing supposed industry-changing technology. The reviews have always been meh at best and the driver was absolute crap for years. If you are going to market the way Bob has, you better be able to justify your claims. And he can’t. If your clubs are the best, your Tour pros shouldn’t be sliding down the OWGR list or angrily leaving the company.

you keep citing the “driver” as why their equipment is meh at best.  I guess mizuno, Cleveland, ping, tour edge, and any other brand not callaway or taylormade suck to you too?  I don’t think many people really associate PXG technology with their drivers and woods,  They came later.   PXG made a market impact with their irons, and have continued to evolve their irons into excellent offerings.  I got the same launch with the PXG proto driver as my callaway one, so I wouldn’t say it did anything better, but it wasn’t that different in price either.  It was just there as a choice. But the irons give better numbers many times in testing.  Solid spin, feel like a forged blade, forgiveness they shouldn’t have and much higher ball speeds.  There’s a reason the irons have been well received.

Edited by clinkinfo
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, clinkinfo said:

You've likely played with some of the haters, but it's one thing to be a jerk behind a computer keyboard, it's a whole other thing to be one to someone's face.  There's lots of jerks on the internet that are quiet wimps in real life.

However, I suspect you might be able to tell some of the miserable people by how irrationally angry they get playing.  You know, the guy who sucks, but still slams the club in the ground or throws it in the pond when they don't hit the ball well (or at all lol).  Because their expectations don't match reality at all and they need anger management classes, not golf. There's a lot of those guys in a random weekend morning. I'd start there ;).

Nailed it! 

So many keyboard trolls. 

I love my PXGs. 

The driver is the best I've ever gamed and so are the forged wedges

If you think that you play Taylor Made clubs and the sticks you bought from Galaxy are the sticks DJ uses, I have swamp land to sell you in Florida. 

My buddy use to work on one of the tour trucks and the equipment they get is totally different. 

Kokrak won twice in the last year with Pxg irons, Gen2 and Gen4, that's great but Not my motivation when I buy clubs because I will never hit a ball like Kokrak. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

How many stokes did your handicap change when you switched to PXG or any other brand of clubs?

I've yet to meet someone that bought a better game by replacing a perfectly good set of clubs with another. 

Solid strawman ya got goin there.  

• Like 1

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

5 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

LOL, I’m looking at every player that’s ever played PXG over the life of the company. How many more years and players are needed? An “unlimited amount”? 

It’s time to put up or shut up and PXG can’t put up on Tour.

Yup, cause there’s way more tour players than average recreational golfers. 

PXG isnt even expensive anymore.  Their clubs, outside of maybe 1 iron line and a wedge line are cheaper than anything on the market and realistically perform just as good.  Their irons probably are a top iron on the market hands down.  The argument of why aren't more players winning on tour then is silly.  First of all, they dont have any top players and probably never will.  Parsons has said multiple times, he has no intentions of going after top players or paying significant money to players.  He only wants to work with players that show an interest in his brand and frankly with the money Tayormade is throwing at DJ, Rory, etc, why would they leave TM?  PXG makes very good clubs plain and simple

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

How many stokes did your handicap change when you switched to PXG or any other brand of clubs?

I've yet to meet someone that bought a better game by replacing a perfectly good set of clubs with another. 

pretty sure the better question is “how much satisfaction and enjoyment did you get when you replaced your old clubs”

I think that’s what most people really do it for.  Not to “really” get better without putting effort in.  

I mean, how much better a driver does someone become when They buy a new sports car?  Probably no better, but Im sure they like buying and driving it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, clinkinfo said:

you keep citing the “driver” as why their equipment is meh at best.  I guess mizuno, Cleveland, ping, tour edge, and any other brand not callaway or taylormade suck to you too?  I don’t think many people really associate PXG technology with their drivers and woods,  They came later.   PXG made a market impact with their irons, and have continued to evolve their irons into excellent offerings.  I got the same launch with the PXG proto driver as my callaway one, so I wouldn’t say it did anything better, but it wasn’t that different in price either.  It was just there as a choice. But the irons give better numbers many times in testing.  Solid spin, feel like a forged blade, forgiveness they shouldn’t have and much higher ball speeds.  There’s a reason the irons have been well received.

This!!!!! 💯 percent fact. The gen4 t’s (which is what I ordered), felt as good as my 99 hogan blades, went as far as my 921 mizuno hmps, but went higher with more spin and is pretty darn close in forgiveness. Now I’ve never hit any Pxg driver prior to the proto, but it gives me pretty close numbers when compared to any other driver Ive been fit to. The one thing about the proto is that the weight system works. It worked better than any m series driver Ive had, and the mizuno st200g. I have hit a few drivers a little further comparing center strike to center strike, but none better for forgiveness, consistency and a weight system that works. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, InsuranceGuy89 said:

PXG isnt even expensive anymore.  Their clubs, outside of maybe 1 iron line and a wedge line are cheaper than anything on the market and realistically perform just as good.  Their irons probably are a top iron on the market hands down.  The argument of why aren't more players winning on tour then is silly.  First of all, they dont have any top players and probably never will.  Parsons has said multiple times, he has no intentions of going after top players or paying significant money to players.  He only wants to work with players that show an interest in his brand and frankly with the money Tayormade is throwing at DJ, Rory, etc, why would they leave TM?  PXG makes very good clubs plain and simple

The argument is not why don’t more players win with them. Winning is hard to do. The argument is why do players more often than not play worse after joining PXG. 

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

5 hours ago, clinkinfo said:

Ping has had by many reviewers the best driver going the last few years until the G425.

Bob’s claim is that they had unlimited time and money to come out with game-changing clubs. Bob at best made a middle of the pack

iron and substandard woods for years. You had to try to make a worse driver than Titleist 5-6 years ago. 

• Sad 1

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

4 hours ago, bubbagump said:

Solid strawman ya got goin there.  

Strawman? Every club manufacturer promotes greater distance, more forgiveness and accuracy. PXG says "take your game to the next level." Well what the heck does that mean if it doesn't mean playing better golf? Better golf should equal better handicap. 

It's a pretty easy observation and determination on whether there is an impact on handicap. 

I know guys that buy new clubs every year or 3 yet their handicap is the same as it was 10 years ago. 

5 hours ago, Feelingofgreatness said:

If you think that you play Taylor Made clubs and the sticks you bought from Galaxy are the sticks DJ uses, I have swamp land to sell you in Florida. 

My buddy use to work on one of the tour trucks and the equipment they get is totally different. 

What?!😮 Next your gonna tell me Tiger’s Nike iron heads weren’t made by Nike! Blasphemy!!! 

10 hours ago, clinkinfo said:

But they didn't make a worse driver than Titleist 5-6 years ago. It sounds like a catchy line if you hate PXG, but it's just not true.

PXG drivers pretty much perform like every other driver out there since they are all MAXED OUT by USGA rules at this point. Reviewers all show the same things....same smash factors, same ball speeds, same everything.  Hell, the rogue, epic, epic flash, mavrik, and max all perform the same across the reviews of the last 4 years!  

But hey, facts be damned right.  You hate PXG and you want everyone to know it!  We got it, you hate them.  The way you carry on, some PXG staff must have snuck in your house one night and pissed on your favorite shoes.  

Their spin rates were terrible for years. This site did a big driver test a few years back that showed how poor the PXG driver was. Other reviewers noted the same thing. This isn’t a secret; it’s common knowledge unless you just don’t want to admit it because you are a PXG fan.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

They sell decent looking hollow body game improvement irons at a cheap price. It's not a surprise that the top players won't touch them because they don't even offer a forged MB or CB with high quality steel and more traditional lofts. They have decent performance and are certainly an upgrade for your average amateur golfer playing old clubs but there is nothing exclusive or special about them. They are mass produced in China like everything else. I feel bad for everyone who bought them at 4x the current price.

On 5/31/2021 at 3:53 PM, clinkinfo said:

no there’s not.  There’s literally no direct correlation  at all, it’s statistically irrelevant with too small a sample size PLUS you can find tons of examples of players who switch playing bad because it’s new stuff for them.   You’re trying to point to something as a reason they suck because you personally dislike them.  

Test their stuff yourself and you’ll find it’s as good as anything, just expensive. I personally wish there were more manufacturers and more competition in all price brackets, it’s only makes all of their stuff better.  But I’ve had every brand at some point in the bag, and don’t love or hate any of them, that’s dumb, they SELL things to us.  That’s it, that’s all any of them are, companies selling stuff.

But you’re entitled to hate them if you want.  In the end, no one really cares either way.  They will succeed or fail based on sales and they seem to be doing fine without you so far.

Well now in the last year there prices arent really any different than most OEMs especially at Heroes pricing.  Heck the Gen4 are down to $275.  They make quality stuff not longer or tech wise any better.  I think they missed the boat on Gen4 not making the big screw adjustible for SW.  Gen3s at what $159?   Granted PXG is making money since no middleman like a Golf Galaxy.  And yes the newest PXG commercial is idiotic with the Hog reference.

18 hours ago, Aucaveman said:

It’s comical when people come into a forum and state an opinion as fact, but offers zero facts or statistics to back up their claim. Bro, I don’t know you, nothing you say is going to affect the clubs I play or how I spend my money. I buy what I want. For every example you give, I can give 2 in the other direction. I’ve been fit for and purchased clubs that have been well received by the public in general. Played 5 rounds with them and sold them. Took a bath on them. Doesn’t matter, I moved on. I’ve played 2 sets of one length clubs (almost as polarizing as Pxg) and shot some of my best rounds with them. Ultimately moved on due to the 4,5, & 6 irons. I’d never tell someone to play or not play them. Everyone’s experience is different. Nobody at my club cares what you play. I’ve had one guy make a comment about my pxg’s. Our assistant pro told me they were for wanna be players that think they can buy a game. I told him, maybe they are. We were both 4’s and had a straight up match in our club match play event. I shot 74 and he shot 76. Didn’t need to buy that game to send him packing. And yes, I told him that. 

Sure. But aren’t you doing the same ?  Dont we all do that ?  State our opinion as fact .  Why does one trump the other ? I think we both know it doesn’t. 

***I’ve said recently that I tested/owned several pxg clubs from a tour connection I have . Gen 2 and 3 hybrid , and a black jack armlock putter. The quality was second to none.  The hybrids are really good , but unfortunately I just didn’t get along with the shafts or carry distances compared to what I’m playing.  So each got sold one by one.***

but this thread  is about Bob and his horrible commercials.  I genuinely believe he hurts the business as the front man.  He turns off as many as he turns on.  Which might be a wash I guess instead of actual hurt. You want good vibes from a club , to me the commercials put out the opposite of that.  That’s me stating my opinion as my opinion.  I’m guessing you love the commercials, and that’s cool for YOU. 

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Sure. But aren’t you doing the same ?  Dont we all do that ?  State our opinion as fact .  Why does one trump the other ? I think we both know it doesn’t. 

***I’ve said recently that I tested/owned several pxg clubs from a tour connection I have . Gen 2 and 3 hybrid , and a black jack armlock putter. The quality was second to none.  The hybrids are really good , but unfortunately I just didn’t get along with the shafts or carry distances compared to what I’m playing.  So each got sold one by one.***

but this thread  is about Bob and his horrible commercials.  I genuinely believe he hurts the business as the front man.  He turns off as many as he turns on.  Which might be a wash I guess instead of actual hurt. You want good vibes from a club , to me the commercials put out the opposite of that.  That’s me stating my opinion as my opinion.  I’m guessing you love the commercials, and that’s cool for YOU. 

But am I doing the same? Since you quoted me, you should have no problem highlighting the portion where I stated an opinion as fact. Also, when someone ask for an opinion, And I give one based on MY experience, it would be a fact for ME. Their results may vary. I’d never argued with someone about their results, based off my results. Like I said, everybody is different. The example I’d give would be mizuno forged. Got fit, purchased them, and hated them. I’d never tell somebody not to buy them based off my experience. I play golf with 4 people that play them and love them. People make asinine assumptions based off limited data on this forum all the time. Example, honma irons suck cause jr switched clubs and got worse. Yeah, and after he switched again he still sucked. And then switched again. Thats his individual assessment. And lastly, you’re “guessing” I love the commercials. Honestly, I don’t think about it no more or no less than any other manufacturers commercial. I’ve literally never thought to myself, I love that commercial or I hate that commercial. I’ll buy that or I won’t buy that. I enjoy having options. Again, I spend my money on what I want to. 

50 minutes ago, Aucaveman said:

But am I doing the same? Since you quoted me, you should have no problem highlighting the portion where I stated an opinion as fact. Also, when someone ask for an opinion, And I give one based on MY experience, it would be a fact for ME. Their results may vary. I’d never argued with someone about their results, based off my results. Like I said, everybody is different. The example I’d give would be mizuno forged. Got fit, purchased them, and hated them. I’d never tell somebody not to buy them based off my experience. I play golf with 4 people that play them and love them. People make asinine assumptions based off limited data on this forum all the time. Example, honma irons suck cause jr switched clubs and got worse. Yeah, and after he switched again he still sucked. And then switched again. Thats his individual assessment. And lastly, you’re “guessing” I love the commercials. Honestly, I don’t think about it no more or no less than any other manufacturers commercial. I’ve literally never thought to myself, I love that commercial or I hate that commercial. I’ll buy that or I won’t buy that. I enjoy having options. Again, I spend my money on what I want to. 

Well. If I must state the obvious. You say that you “don’t buy clubs based on anyone else’s words.” ( paraphrasing from memory )    We all do it.  I agree they don’t usually stick.  And I’m ok with the loss too.  But we all are influenced.  It’s human nature.  You’re opinion is that you don’t. And it was stated as fact.  

“nobody at my club cares what I play “ opinion stated as fact.  Then refuted by giving an example of a dude who did care what you played. 

come on.  I’m not arguing with you. I’m just holding up the mirror. To show that these commercials influence us both ways.  Some love that they irk others.  And those others are so irked they can’t stomach the clubs. Which are great clubs.  

this is  A mirror I’ve looked in myself.  We allll do it. You’re not special , I’m not special.  It’s crazy talk to say otherwise.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 6/1/2021 at 7:18 PM, lefthack said:

So you are saying it isn't just PXG that's full of sh!t? No way! I want my money back.

Haha, right?

"In the moment of truth, you either believe in what you bring to the tee...or you don't" ~ Titleist. Uh...is there somebody bringing a make-believe driver to the tee?

"Giving you the green light, with SIM2" ~ TaylorMade. Well, your drivers do look like one of those new age, hipster cars, so I guess this makes sense?

"Better by every measure" ~ PING. Thats not what the other guys say! 

"Framing the future of speed" ~ Callaway. When I want to hang a picture, I'll be sure to call the framing experts at Callaway...

"Nothing feels like a Mizuno" ~ Mizuno. Of course it doesn't. If it did, you'd sue the pants off them.

"Play a better driver" ~ Cobra. I am - that's literally why I bought the TSi3. Duh

"Bring out the big guns" ~ PXG. Pretty sure the Big Bertha used some iteration of this tag line in the 90's

"Next level feel, next level power" ~ TEE. When your sales started in the basement, getting to the next level means you're on the main floor now. Congrats!!

"Step up, and launch it" ~ Cleveland. Ohhhh....all this time I've been trying to bunt it. It's a tag line AND a lesson! Cool story...

Sorry, but ALL golf advertising has gone full retard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

1 hour ago, Aucaveman said:

Follow up thought.  

im not trying to call you out personally. Just the human condition.  

I guess my opinion to sum  it up is that if you’re in this thread commenting, then the commercial have influenced you one way or another.  Right ?  You can be here defending them without having been influenced.  Same as I can’t be here staying my dislike for them without being influenced.  The only folks who aren’t are the ones who saw the thread and said “ what’s a pxg “ and went on by.  We all have free will.  Sure. But it’s entirely influenced by a host of things.  And with that I’ll say that I think we agree mostly according to what you said. Just disagree on voicing those opinions.  If you don’t want anyone to say anything bad.  That means you also don’t get to say anything good.  It’s a two way street. 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

28 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Follow up thought.  

im not trying to call you out personally. Just the human condition.  

I guess my opinion to sum  it up is that if you’re in this thread commenting, then the commercial have influenced you one way or another.  Right ?  You can be here defending them without having been influenced.  Same as I can’t be here staying my dislike for them without being influenced.  The only folks who aren’t are the ones who saw the thread and said “ what’s a pxg “ and went on by.  We all have free will.  Sure. But it’s entirely influenced by a host of things.  And with that I’ll say that I think we agree mostly according to what you said. Just disagree on voicing those opinions.  If you don’t want anyone to say anything bad.  That means you also don’t get to say anything good.  It’s a two way street. 

As I stated earlier, I haven’t been influenced by the commercial one way or the other. I haven’t defended them or attacked them in anyway. I haven’t given any thought to it until I read this thread. If you wanna know why I ordered pxgs I’ll tell you why. I’d never even considered pxgs. Again, had no opinion on them or their commercials. I purchased the proto used and could tell a difference with my consistency and ball flight by adjusting the weights. I was playing 921 hmp irons and playing my best golf ever. but I’m on golfwrx for a reason. I’m an equipment ho. I’m always looking for the next best thing. It cost me way too much money. My thought process was if the driver is this good for me, I need to try the irons. I saw the deal they had on the full bag fitting and scheduled. It’s $50, if they’re not better, no big deal. For me, they were better. I was fit into the gen4 p’s & t’s combo with modus 105. My launch angle went up, max height went up 15ft, spin up about 300 rpms and lost about 3 yards in distance. The feel was much better. I almost got the gen 3s, but my buddy said if I didn’t get the gen 4s, I would eventually because my ho’ing would resurface. And he’d prob be correct. How long will they be in the bag, A week, a month, a year or longer? Idk. I’m not a brand loyalist. Right now I also have black 790s, srixon 765s, 99 hogan blades, mp 62s, j40 dpcs and the hmps. My partners just laugh after shooting 74, going home, changing clubs, and showing up for the second round with a whole new bag. 

PXG makes solid clubs, irons especially.  The commercials with Bob Parsons are really bad though.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

3 minutes ago, Aucaveman said:

As I stated earlier, I haven’t been influenced by the commercial one way or the other. I haven’t defended them or attacked them in anyway. I haven’t given any thought to it until I read this thread. If you wanna know why I ordered pxgs I’ll tell you why. I’d never even considered pxgs. Again, had no opinion on them or their commercials. I purchased the proto used and could tell a difference with my consistency and ball flight by adjusting the weights. I was playing 921 hmp irons and playing my best golf ever. but I’m on golfwrx for a reason. I’m an equipment ho. I’m always looking for the next best thing. It cost me way too much money. My thought process was if the driver is this good for me, I need to try the irons. I saw the deal they had on the full bag fitting and scheduled. It’s $50, if they’re not better, no big deal. For me, they were better. I was fit into the gen4 p’s & t’s combo with modus 105. My launch angle went up, max height went up 15ft, spin up about 300 rpms and lost about 3 yards in distance. The feel was much better. I almost got the gen 3s, but my buddy said if I didn’t get the gen 4s, I would eventually because my ho’ing would resurface. And he’d prob be correct. How long will they be in the bag, A week, a month, a year or longer? Idk. I’m not a brand loyalist. Right now I also have black 790s, srixon 765s, 99 hogan blades, mp 62s, j40 dpcs and the hmps. My partners just laugh after shooting 74, going home, changing clubs, and showing up for the second round with a whole new bag. 

Right.  I’m not disagreeing with club hoing. I’ve spent way more than my share on the search too.  

im just saying that your choice was influenced by what you saw with that driver. Then the fitting results etc.  it was a positive influence.  

you’re in this thread sharing that positive influence.  In order to have the freedom to share that influence , you have to also allow for someone to share their negative influence.    People are smart and can make their one mind up.  We shouldn’t suppress opinions either way. Argue  with them ? Yes. But to blanket say that someone shouldn’t be here stating their negative view of a brand isn’t really being true to what you believe.  If you believe in no influence the only way it really keeps its balance is to allow both opinions freely.  No matter how much spin is involved. 

You loved the clubs based on your fitting.  I could just as easily hate them based on mine. Both of us are then correct. And both are just as useful or harmful as far as influencing others.  

again Im calling myself out too.  Recently I’ve tried very hard to temper my opinions posted here as far as knee jerk reactions. And I have a long way to go. And at the same time I’m following my own path vs taking others experiences as gospel.  And my game has made another leap in performance because of it. One club ho to another , I just don’t think it’s possible to be a club ho without having succumbed to influence.  We’re influenced and don’t even know it’s happened. On that note.  I detest pxg commercials and the attitude of the owner.  But I tried the clubs for myself so I could have an objective opinion on the clubs and their performance and construction swayed me away from he negative image o had of the clubs that came from the advertising and the association with parsons.  So call me 50/50 and not intending to sway anyone. Just commenting on my view of the commercials.  

anyway. I feel like I’m stepping On toes and  that wasn’t my point.  You seem quite thoughtful , and I appreciate that in conversation vs the usual “ I know you are but what am I “ back and forth.   Agree to disagree.  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

14 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Right.  I’m not disagreeing with club hoing. I’ve spent way more than my share on the search too.  

im just saying that your choice was influenced by what you saw with that driver. Then the fitting results etc.  it was a positive influence.  

you’re in this thread sharing that positive influence.  In order to have the freedom to share that influence , you have to also allow for someone to share their negative influence.    People are smart and can make their one mind up.  We shouldn’t suppress opinions either way. Argue  with them ? Yes. But to blanket say that someone shouldn’t be here stating their negative view of a brand isn’t really being true to what you believe.  If you believe in no influence the only way it really keeps its balance is to allow both opinions freely.  No matter how much spin is involved. 

You loved the clubs based on your fitting.  I could just as easily hate them based on mine. Both of us are then correct. And both are just as useful or harmful as far as influencing others.  

again Im calling myself out too.  Recently I’ve tried very hard to temper my opinions posted here as far as knee jerk reactions. And I have a long way to go. And at the same time I’m following my own path vs taking others experiences as gospel.  And my game has made another leap in performance because of it. One club ho to another , I just don’t think it’s possible to be a club ho without having succumbed to influence.  We’re influenced and don’t even know it’s happened. On that note.  I detest pxg commercials and the attitude of the owner.  But I tried the clubs for myself so I could have an objective opinion on the clubs and their performance and construction swayed me away from he negative image o had of the clubs that came from the advertising and the association with parsons.  So call me 50/50 and not intending to sway anyone. Just commenting on my view of the commercials.  

anyway. I feel like I’m stepping On toes and  that wasn’t my point.  You seem quite thoughtful , and I appreciate that in conversation vs the usual “ I know you are but what am I “ back and forth.   Agree to disagree.  

But isn’t there a huge difference between someone saying “‘I just had success with this club/brand in a fitting or playing session, you might want to test it out, it was great for me” vs “I just had a horrible time with this club/brand, they are crap and garbage and should all be thrown in the dumpster”?

that’s the difference here.  There are people in this thread saying versions of the second thing (or at least one vocal one).  And the reality is, it’s just not true, some people will see excellent performance if they try PXG products.

IMO Someone who is sharing feedback either way but then telling me to try for myself isn't the same as someone like Holy Moses who is on here generalizing the brand/clubs as terrible enough they shouldn’t even be sold.  

• Like 4