Your Best Round Ever....What Stands Out?

Skippy405

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tempo, tempo, tempo. Smooth all day.

. 2 birdies, 4 bogeys. Pretty windy day. Posted +2 74.

Played with a very nice couple. I remember them complementing me when we finished.

I remember 2 shots: 3iron second to reach a par five in 2, and 100yrd wedge to about a foot.

I thin the longest putt I made was 10 ft, maybe less.

Wish I could have that swing everyday.

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

I didn’t read any of the previous posts. For me what stands out for my best round(s) is a calmness. A sense of peace I guess. I don’t remember all the shots of my best rounds but I always remember a poor shot that I recovered from. It always seems that I reacted calmly and the stepped up to pull the next recovery shot off or got up and down or whatever.

So I’d say calm is what stands out to me.

I remember going to 17 at -5 during a tournament. Part 3 that shook me up. Water left and right, so I approached short and three-putted from the fringe for the only bogey of the day, and lapped the field for the win.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5 70g 
3wd: Srixon F65 10.5° Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70g 
3h & 4h Srixon Z-U85 20° & 23° Recoil 95 F4
Irons: Titleist 620CB 5-pwTT AMT Tour White S300 
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50° 56° 60° KBS TT AMT Tour White S400, bent to 51° 55° 59°
Putter: Ping Redwood Anser 34" w/Element 29 from Putter Lounge & Carbon Ringo w/Misted Stainless Steel 
Grip: Lamkin UTx
Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV
Bag: Srixon Z Stand
Shoes: 6 adidas 2 Puma (diva golfer)

Had my best round last weekend at Sand Hollow in Hurricane, UT. Totally uneventful round, lots of pars, 6 bogeys and 2 birdies for a 4 over 76. Played a second round that day at Coral Canyon in St George, was -1 after 9 and totally confident that i would beat my 76 earlier that day. Completely fell apart on the back 9, ended up +6 to finish with a 78. Without a doubt, the most disappointing 78 I'll ever have. Also, 5 birdies in that round... The guys i was playing with were baffled as to why i was so upset about a 78, I'm sure someone else will understand.

Per best 80 what struck me was how plain I played, fairway, meat of the green, good lag tap in. My usual rounds come with a range of drama and danger

Callaway Paradyn 9°
Ping G 3 W
Ping G 5W
Ping g400 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX 923 hot metal HL 5-GW
Vokey 50-08 sm8
Vokey 56-08 sm9
Spider Tour 34”

Best round ever...

What stands out was that it was mediocre until I got let through by the two ball in front at the turn. Once I wasn’t being held up it all came together, I could do no wrong... short game sharpened up, putts started dropping and by playing my own pace wasn’t overthinking anything.

Conquered two awkward dogleg par 4’s I’d been suffering with.

Also didn’t check score card on the back nine, which helped.

• 2 weeks later...

The incredible calmness I felt that day - playing with my fiancé on an almost empty course in perfect weather and walking. Tee game was about the same, irons and wedges were about the same but maybe a little closer to the pin and half of my birdie puts dropped

At the turn I was one under, but a 20 footer on 10 got me to -2. Birdies on both par threes and a short par 5, got me to -5 which is 10 years later the score I chase every time I tee it up.

What I am not able to replicate during most rounds is the calmness I felt of being so present with my now wife and the stillness of that round.

67 is the number I will always chase.

Shot 79 for the first time today... was even par on the front with a leadoff birdie followed by a 3 putt bogie. What really stood out was that I was hitting fairways and so keeping the ball in play/avoiding penalty strokes or suedo penalty steokes by being in terrible position for an approach. Also had 31 putts total which is a few less than usual. Back nine was more "normal" for me unfortunately. Still my best round ever by 7 strokes!

• 2 months later...

It was the putting. Tee to green I’ve had a hundred rounds just like it. But the day I shot my low round I madealmost all of the putts that I usually end up missing from 5 to 15 feet. It was not an eventful round except for the realization that it might be the only round I ever play where that many putts went in. The best part though was that it was just last year, so at 51 I feel like it’s still out there to match or better it.

Accurate with everything. Shorter with pretty much every club, but always playing from the fairway. Chipped everything close, two putted most holes with a tap-in, 4 or 5 uncharacteristically great/lucky shots.

Shot an 81 that could have been a 79 if not for a water hazard I didn't know was there. My 2nd best round ever was a 94.

I shot 1 over once and never did it again. But even if that was my lowest round ever, my best game for me was when I shot 77 or 5 over par.

I consider this 77 my best round ever because my driver was suddenly cursed that day that my drives went like 170 yards, low and left. It was ugly and embarrassing.

It was my short game and putting that saved me.

I was scrambling and draining putts like there was no tomorrow. And to think that we played a course that was longer than my usual muni courses, greens were slick and never flat. I needed to drain a 40 foot putt from the fringe to save bogey and get that 77 and win that game by 1 stroke in our league.

So what stood out was my short game. Lights out putting, crazy chipping. I wish I can do that every time I play.

My best was not my lowest. My best came 16 months after compound fracturing both arms. I was playing the "money game" on Saturday morning and it had been a long road from being able to curl 2.5lbs to taking some decent swings. I bogeyed 1 and 2 and then was even the rest of the round playing from the tips. I walked off of 18 with a 73 on the card and said I was done with golf. The road back had been exhausting so I took 9 years off after that day without playing a hole.

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

I shot a scrappy even par on the front, not hitting it my best but my short game was on point. I pointed out to my buddy that I was even walking off the 9th. I proceeded to hit two chips and 3 putts on the par 5 10th for an easy triple. At that point I lost all infatuation with my score thinking my score was ruined. That all changed when I walked off the 17th realizing that I had birdied 3 of the last for and I was back to even. Stupidly, I told my buddy about that as well. However there is a happy ending, I was somehow able to calm myself down and hit 3 really good shots for my easiest birdie of the day. -1 71!

The ting that really stands out about that day were the gnats. They were insane! Like a black cloud swarming around your head at all time. I’m talking about what felt like 50 of them crawling on your face as you tried to hit your shot. Turns out it was just enough distraction to keep me from thinking about golf...

• 2 weeks later...

It was first time i broke 80. I thought i needed a par on 18 for 79. I bombed a drive down the middle and had 138 to pin. I focused thinking that a smooth pitch to middle of green would give me an easy 2 put. I decide to pin seek as the only trouble was right of green and wind was off of the right. I hit it to 18 inches and make birdie. I then added up the card to find out i need bogey for the 79 and the birdie gave me a 77. It was divine.

My best score ever was a 69 but my best round was probably a 71 on the last day of the Club Championship. The course was wet and playing long and set up fairly tough. I played bad the first day and shot around a 77-78. Came up short by a couple of strokes and finished second.

One of my most disappointing rounds was when I started birdie, birdie, eagle on the first three holes to start -4. Went downhill so bad I don't even remember what I shot that day. All this happened 25-30 years ago in my younger days. Lol.

in a tourney i shot 74. was making everything possible. short game was tight putting the lights out made several birdies and dint have a triple.

my putting was so ridiculous i had a 12 footer downhill with about a 1 pin break and i asked the guy what the odds were that id sink

the putt. he said 100% you will hole that putt. i did.

sometimes when golf is good its good. and when its bad its bad. i lost to a guy that shot 72 and had a bad day LOL

Epon EF-02D Diamana x17 6s

Epon AF-256 #3 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-256 #5 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-906 23 Tensei Ck pw hb90

Epon AF-506 #5-aw Tensei AM2Ws

Epon Tour wedge M56 DG spinner

Tad Moore handmade blade 

My best round is 75 twice. The first time I played the back 3 under. Bogey free the last 12. Irons were just on.

The second time was my last round of 2017 in June. Developed severe Tendonitis in right hand and wrist. I was +2 thru 3 and was going to walk off every shot hurt so bad after my layup on par 5 4th. I kept playing. Drained a 20 foot birdie there. Hit a 6 iron to 2 feet on 5. Made a 20 foot birdie on 8. Missed a 6 foot birdie on 10. Scrambled for great pars on 12 and 13 (made 15 footers). -1 then four bogeys coming in because it hurt so bad I couldn't make a confident swing into the ball. Impact hurt like a mofo.

G430 LST 9 Matrix 50M4 R Black Tie

BRNR Mini 11.5 Midr Proto 65R

Apex UW 2021 17 Smoke Black RDX 70 5.5

TSR2 21 & 24 AV Raw Blue 75R

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

RTX Full Face Black 54 60 KBS Hi Rev 2 115

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 CH 34in SS Pistol 1.0

Srixon Q Star Tour 

I remember that I was hitting my irons so well that I was afraid to mess up my swing by going after a drive and throwing off my rhythm. So I just punched every tee shot into the fairway 40 yards short of my good distance but I hit nearly every fairway which never happens for me. The combination of playing from the fairway and striking my irons so pure was such a good feeling.

But my ego wont let me try that strategy again. I really hurt having to play my second shot from so far back and I wonder how what I could have scored had I been more aggressive off the tee. The answer is probably a higher score though...

After 25 years of golf it's hard to say what my "best" round was. I've shot 69 three times, once with no bogies. I had a round last year with seven birdies but I think I shot +2. Then I had one with five birdied and an eagle that I shot 70.

I've also had 75s where I drained every putt I looked at, and a couple mid 70s rounds with two eagles each (one of those with an ace). Which was best?

I'll say what I think I hit the ball best was the 70 last year. I remember being able to just let it go and take the result. I also remember 3-putting from 4 feet, followed by a chip in eagle and a birdie on the hardest hole on the course. It was the closest I've felt to being a tour pro, where I knew I could recover from my misses. Wish the number at the end of the day had been lower.