2018 Srixon Irons

tomastomatohead

You'll get more control and softer feel from the 585's but a little less forgiveness. Because of what you said, I have a lot of confidence hitting the 785's and could easily see myself with 7-AW.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

So I live near the Cleveland / Srixon Huntington Beach head quarters. They do fittings there but there is a fee. Anyone else get fitted officially by Srixon ?

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Big bummer , went directly to Cleveland / Srixon HQ and they no longer do fittings for general public at their facility, Tour Players Only!

Oh well. Guess I may just wait a while at this point.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Big bummer , went directly to Cleveland / Srixon HQ and they no longer do fittings for general public at their facility, Tour Players Only!

Man, that is a major fail by Srixon. Blowing off the public. They have a tiny number of tour pros playing their irons. How often are they doing a tour fitting? Five times per year? Sounds like they just don’t want regular golfers around. Either arrogance or laziness. But definitely poor optics for a company trying to build a higher profile.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Man, that is a major fail by Srixon. Blowing off the public. They have a tiny number of tour pros playing their irons. How often are they doing a tour fitting? Five times per year? Sounds like they just don't want regular golfers around. Either arrogance or laziness. But definitely poor optics for a company trying to build a higher profile.

There are so many places to get fitted that it isn't even funny.

Think about it like this. Maybe they HAD a fitter that services the public and a fitter that helped Tour guys. Maybe one of them left and maybe they were overburdened and not happy with their output on a certain individual.

I know guys that have been fitted at Callaway, at Taylormade, at Scotty Camerons studio, at Titleist, at Cobra...Yeah, there might be a bit more help and options but, if you find a good fitter, they'll do the same. Use google. Use yelp. Judge for yourself.

Back to the main topic, these Srixon irons are gold. Just gold. I'm glad I bought my 919 TOurs but, if someone were to ask me what I'd recommend this year for new clubs, these would be a top 5 mention, no problem.

Anyone have comparison pics of the 785 vs 765 shorter irons? Maybe from an address view? Lots of talk about smaller, less round, straighter leading edge, etc. with the 785 short irons. Just curious.

I don't have a pic but I did hold the the PW next to each other at Roger Dunn the other day. The 765 PW looks offset and rounded to me... I had never looked at it that closely before. Very different from my 745s. The 785 looks more like the 745 to me. Little more compact, offset not as visible, sharper toe look by the top line. The 785 as a whole look much better than the 765s to me, like a compact player cb whereas the 765 look like they tried to go to a more forgiving look, like the Bridgestone DPC.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Man, that is a major fail by Srixon. Blowing off the public. They have a tiny number of tour pros playing their irons. How often are they doing a tour fitting? Five times per year? Sounds like they just don't want regular golfers around. Either arrogance or laziness. But definitely poor optics for a company trying to build a higher profile.

Think about it like this. Maybe they HAD a fitter that services the public and a fitter that helped Tour guys. Maybe one of them left and maybe they were overburdened and not happy with their output on a certain individual.

I know guys that have been fitted at Callaway, at Taylormade, at Scotty Camerons studio, at Titleist, at Cobra...Yeah, there might be a bit more help and options but, if you find a good fitter, they'll do the same. Use google. Use yelp. Judge for yourself.

Back to the main topic, these Srixon irons are gold. Just gold. I'm glad I bought my 919 TOurs but, if someone were to ask me what I'd recommend this year for new clubs, these would be a top 5 mention, no problem.

If you know you want a particular brand and are close enough to be fitted at their facility, wouldn’t that be the best scenario ?

I agree there are plenty of qualified fitters , some are really expensive to get the pro level type service.

Regardless they have fitting / demo days in the area which I may investigate, however I doubt they will have all the options on hand .

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I stand by it — lame policy. I really dont care what their excuse is or who defends them. If a company will not fit a member of the public at their headquarters and will only fit tour players, that is weak. And it reinforces the stereotype of golf as an elitist sport. Srixon is not so great that they can pull it off. They could fit all their PGA Tour players in an afternoon. You’d think they could squeeze in a few customers the other 364 days a year. Even knowing that is their policy makes it a turnoff.

And I disagree that there are so many places to get fit for Srixons. I know precisely one legitimate fitting location that is a Srixon dealer, and that place is completely non-competitive on price. Only a fool would buy new irons at list prices from them.

Yes, there are tons of so-called fitters. Lots of Tarot card readers out there too. My view is most fitters know very little and are winging it with trackman. Total amateurs trained to use a machine and push product. I have witnessed fitters give so much bad advice it’s hard to believe they know anything. There are no required qualifications. So yeah, you can use google to find anything but that proves nothing.

I love my srixon irons. So far, I love the 785 driver. It does seem a shame they dont do fittings at their hq. Seems out of touch really. Im lucky that even though im in ohio, miles of golf has their gear for fitting.

Aerojet 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
ZX4 MKii 4i - Project X 5.5
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Roger Dunn Superstore has Srixon gear and a fitting cart but they do not have their own studio

In store like the other OEMs do. Basically you get a store employee to assist in changing heads / shafts ,but not a “professional” fitting.

Cleveland / Srixon 2 years ago did fitting at HQ and did charge extra for it , but also gave you a dozen balls while you were there.

I get they can’t just have walk-ins but to not have “appointment” is a bit baffling.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Roger Dunn Superstore has Srixon gear and a fitting cart but they do not have their own studio

In store like the other OEMs do. Basically you get a store employee to assist in changing heads / shafts ,but not a “professional” fitting.

Cleveland / Srixon 2 years ago did fitting at HQ and did charge extra for it , but also gave you a dozen balls while you were there.

I get they can’t just have walk-ins but to not have “appointment” is a bit baffling.

This is what most “fittings” look like. No real expertise. Best fitter I know has an indoor setup with a roll up door so you are hitting the ball on an outdoor range and can see flight, roll, all of it. The real deal. And he is great at fitting. But he does not carry Srixon. Says there is no demand for them.

great info thanks, sounds like i need to demo. But the 765 irons are just beautiful and perfect

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

5 rounds on my new 585's and I am not sure if I like them or not. I went from the 565's with Nippon 980's ( loved them) to 585 irons with the Modus 105. My struggle seems to be with the 7-pw, I hit the 6-3 irons fantastically. So, you guys MIGHT see a new set for sale on here soon if I can't figure this out.

Well I’m absolutely loving my 585 785 combo set.

Went 5-6 585’s in Modus 105’s and 7-PW in Modus 120’s. Gapping is absolutely spot on with 10-15 yards in between clubs and the feel and forgiveness is top notch. The v sole has helped out tremendously for me and having a 19 degree bounce across the board is a job well done by Srixon because consistency is second to none. Front to back and left to right dispersion has been absolutely stellar. Played one of the best rounds of my life today with them as well.

Got my 785 irons yesterday. They look incredible. Only problem is I ordered 4-P and only received 5-P.................................................. :censored2:

Contacted Srixon and they're going to expedite one to me. Hopefully it's here before I leave for my golf trip next Thursday. Really great customer service, just not sure how you don't ship an iron...

Did srixon softstep your clubs for you? Or did you have a shop build your set?

5 rounds on my new 585's and I am not sure if I like them or not. I went from the 565's with Nippon 980's ( loved them) to 585 irons with the Modus 105. My struggle seems to be with the 7-pw, I hit the 6-3 irons fantastically. So, you guys MIGHT see a new set for sale on here soon if I can't figure this out.

Why did you change shafts? I recently upgraded from 545 to 765/965. I had the DG SL and was looking to try Nippon as everyone speaks highly and I was curious.

Anyway, I found the 980 felt much better than the Modus 105. Maybe because it was lighter? Not sure but it certainly felt different than the 105

TaylorMade Qi10 Designer Series (Black Out) 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black / Mizuno M.Craft OMOI #1
Bridgestone Tour RX

Why did you change shafts? I recently upgraded from 545 to 765/965. I had the DG SL and was looking to try Nippon as everyone speaks highly and I was curious.

Anyway, I found the 980 felt much better than the Modus 105. Maybe because it was lighter? Not sure but it certainly felt different than the 105

The Nippon 980GH stiff is 103 grams, so not much difference in weight. If it is a DST model, that means slight counterbalancing as well which might affect feel. They also moved the balance point slightly compared to the 950 to affect launch. The 980 is really a tweaked and slightly heavier 950, the 980 being a shaft made for Srixon, and both shafts have gotten great reviews over the years. A lot of 565 players really like the 980GH DST. Supposed to be a very stable and nice feeling shaft in the 100-gram range.

I do like the Modus 105, but I seem to prefer the Modus 120 stiff (114g) whenever I hit them head to head.

I had the 105's in another set of clubs and loved them. Fortunately I got the clubs straightened out today. Spent an hour on the loft/lie machine and was pretty surprised how far off the clubs were. For instance, 8 iron was 3 degrees weak and 1 degree flat. Almost the entire set was from 1 to 2 degrees flat. Got them all set to my usual 1 degree up and took them out today and they were butter-

I made the switch from some JPX900's to the 5 series irons and I feel like I regularly hit them thin, which I did not experience with my Mizunos.

Historically I have been a picker/sweeper and take very small divots, could the V sole and different bounce be causing my problems?

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST ◆◆◆  / Tour AD HD  

4wood - Cobra RadSpeed / Tour AD IZ

Hybrid - Callaway Apex / Tour AD DI 

Irons - Cobra Forge Tec  /  Dart V 90  

Wedges - Cleveland RTX 6  52 / 58 

Putter - TM Spider X   Ball - Titleist AVX

I made the switch from some JPX900's to the 5 series irons and I feel like I regularly hit them thin, which I did not experience with my Mizunos.

Historically I have been a picker/sweeper and take very small divots, could the V sole and different bounce be causing my problems?

Are your Srixons the same length as your JPX?

Are your Srixons the same length as your JPX?

Yep, both +3/4, only difference was JPX 1* upright, Srixon are standard

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST ◆◆◆  / Tour AD HD  

4wood - Cobra RadSpeed / Tour AD IZ

Hybrid - Callaway Apex / Tour AD DI 

Irons - Cobra Forge Tec  /  Dart V 90  

Wedges - Cleveland RTX 6  52 / 58 

Putter - TM Spider X   Ball - Titleist AVX

I gave the Srixon 565's a good run a while back, and I had a similar problem hitting them thin. I also had a problem hitting them to the right (I am a lefty, so something of a pull--it wasn't a shaft, or lie angle issue either). Wasn't sure why, but they just did not work out for me. I tried a couple of different shafts in them as well. I really wanted the Srixons to work, as they look and feel phenomenal.

Back then, I got on better with the 900 HM's, and still do. I am still tempted to give the new 585's a test, but I would be a bit wary about going with them without a good trial out on the course.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 and 5 Woods, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

I gave the Srixon 565's a good run a while back, and I had a similar problem hitting them thin. I also had a problem hitting them to the right (I am a lefty, so something of a pull--it wasn't a shaft, or lie angle issue either). Wasn't sure why, but they just did not work out for me. I tried a couple of different shafts in them as well. I really wanted the Srixons to work, as they look and feel phenomenal.

Back then, I got on better with the 900 HM's, and still do. I am still tempted to give the new 585's a test, but I would be a bit wary about going with them without a good trial out on the course.

Srixons are definitely higher bounce irons than Mizuno, noted for being low bounce. I could see a picker or sweeper liking the Mizzy better.

I like the Srixon v-sole after the first generation (545) in which it seemed too pronounced. They definitely refined it. In the 565/765/965 it would only help me. I can hit high- or low-bounce irons well but I probably am better with the Srixon off a wider variety of lies. In my game, the ball is not always sittin pretty.

Shaft lean at impact is also key. If you don’t have it and clubhead is ahead of hands at impact, that is usually how I hit it thin.

On the latest models, I love the 785 and think it is such a nice size and shape, but I still like the 565 more than the 585. The 565 has the preferable sole to me. Srixon widened it a bit on the 585. The new speed channel on the 585 is not a big draw for me. The 565 hits the ball plenty far.

I ordered the U85 3-5 and 785 6-PW. Cant wait to get them and play TP myself. Nice round mtex.

SMUGamer Are you happy with that combo? Thinking of a U85 4-6 785 5-AW combo.

Yes, its working great so far. Don't see me changing a thing. I went U85/785 combo because I just didn't like the black cavity of the 585 and it worked out perfectly. Did you mean U85 4-6 and 785 7-AW?

Was looking at some 745 and 765 irons today and the 745 look more forgiving, almost like in between the 765 and 565. Anyone else agree ?

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I ordered the U85 3-5 and 785 6-PW. Cant wait to get them and play TP myself. Nice round mtex.

SMUGamer Are you happy with that combo? Thinking of a U85 4-6 785 5-AW combo.

Yes, its working great so far. Don't see me changing a thing. I went U85/785 combo because I just didn't like the black cavity of the 585 and it worked out perfectly. Did you mean U85 4-6 and 785 7-AW?

Yes, correct! Typo...

Do you have the same shafts in the U85 as in the 785? What about length? I can see that the 4 in U85 is a bit longer than the 4 in the 785... Just wondering how to match them, either order standard or shorten the U85 a bit....