2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos Γ—

paige spiranac sports illustrated swim suit

QuigleyDU

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say enjoy the pictures or don't look at them. What are we, that feel her pictures are improper and are not going to help young female golfers, to do? Sit back and be quiet. She says she is trying to help young women and I contend that she is doing more to enable insecurities than she realizes. The fact is 95% of the young girls that see her with next to nothing on WILL feel inadequate compared to her. They see all the attention she gets and will crave that, but because they are not as attractive they will never get it. That is my issue with what Paige is doing. If she had carried herself like Lexi I wouldn't have any heartache over her golfing/modeling career.

Β 

it is funny, i agree with you and i dont. As a father of 3 very young daughters, ( no sons :swoon: ) i am scared to death of what this world has in store for them. i dont like how TV, and Hollywood, and out media can at times objectify them. while at the same time it pretends to be supporting and promoting a strong female image. i will say though, i am doing my best, ( i have no idea if i am successful yet) to teach them that no one can make them feel anything. they decide how they feel. no one can make them feel like they are worth less than anyone else.

Β 

I want them to learn that while it is ok to want to be pretty, dress nice, be princesses, that they can be so much more than that. and when they see someone like Paige it is not something worth copying. Not because i disagree with what Paige is doing per say, but that they dont need to be like anyone else. it is something i think will be very hard to teach and learn.

Β 

Again, i stay awake late thinking about how hard their life could possibly be.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

She is a very beautiful girl. With that being said I wish she would play some tournaments to see how good of a golfer she is.

Β 

IIRC, she played in two LET events missed the cut badly in her first but made the second shooting something like 75-76 or 74-77. She doesn't show up in the player search on the LPGA site...so that kind of says something.

The thing about being a golf "professional" is anyone can claim to be one, and no one can stop you from being one. Also, as you can play the game until you die, you can technically always think about "teeing it up"; therefore, you're never officially retired.

Β 

It's kinda like when someone on tour goes on major medical exemption (i.e., Pat Perez, tour winner, how long should we have waited inbetween tour starts before we call him a current professional, or a former professional?).

Β 

Also, what Paige does is tied in with every sport, it's people who live on the fringes trying to make money without the required skill level. Kinda like AAU basketball coaches trying to get sneaker/contract deals for themselves; girls who are #1 sports fans for a team trying to associate themselves (saw it on TV where some girl was trying to brand herself as the #1 NY Giants fan, tried to make a calendar and stuff-almost got sued); fitness industry has a lot of these people, they don't compete in the competitions but they garner IG followers just for having nice body parts.

That little thing about the 2 majors is kinda a big difference. Just kinda.

And yet in the threads that malign him, those same two majors are too often seen a product of luck.........

Ok for the sake of conversation we’ll chalk those 2 majors up as luck... he also won 3 more times on the PGA tour and many more wins on the smaller tours... Paige cant even sniff a cut or gaining status on the LPGA. Are we done yet? You cant be serious I must be falling for some sort of trolling prank here even responding to such nonsense.

Β 

Sadly he's serious. It speaks volumes.

Β 

As to her claims of having her life threatened, I would be curious to hear the details of those threats.

And yet in the threads that malign him, those same two majors are too often seen a product of luck.........

Ok for the sake of conversation we’ll chalk those 2 majors up as luck... he also won 3 more times on the PGA tour and many more wins on the smaller tours... Paige cant even sniff a cut or gaining status on the LPGA. Are we done yet? You cant be serious I must be falling for some sort of trolling prank here even responding to such nonsense.

Β 

Β 

As to her claims of having her life threatened, I would be curious to hear the details of those threats.

Β 

The Daly are considered luck on based on talent, but the fact that everything going on in Daly's life he could focus to get it done. Daly was/is considered one of the most naturally talented to have played the game, and could have won many more majors if he focused.

Β 

I don't really know Paige, but she doesn't she to have that athletic talent.

Man...this is a tough room.

Β 

My first reaction to Spiranac being in SI is: Can't we just be happy that a 20-something year old got a gig?

Β 

SI is bound to help her Q-score...and that will translate to dollars and exposure. Which is exactly what PXG is paying for. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that just about any early 20s female that looks good is going to say "YES!" when asked to pose for SI.

Β 

Her game is obviously not ready for the LPGA Tour and I'm sure she realizes it. But she's apparently still working at it..and if social media and endorsements pay the bills ....Then good for her.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

Β 

Β 

Β 

As for the threats, I have a hard time believing it. My friend has shown me several instances of people asking her to retweet or post some of these threats to expose the wrongdoers and she never has. Further more she blocks people who question that aspect. One person asked if she contacted the authorities and she responded by saying there’s no point they can do anything. Really weird and suspicious if you ask me. She never complained about anything until she started posting embarrassing scores which is very telling to me.

Β 

Β 

Β 

As for the threats, I have a hard time believing it. My friend has shown me several instances of people asking her to retweet or post some of these threats to expose the wrongdoers and she never has. Further more she blocks people who question that aspect. One person asked if she contacted the authorities and she responded by saying there’s no point they can do anything. Really weird and suspicious if you ask me. She never complained about anything until she started posting embarrassing scores which is very telling to me.

Β 

Eesh, if she really had death threats, she should absolutely report those. One of the Canadian speed skaters got some a few days ago and was sure to alert authorities.

If it's interweb d1ckheads, then just deal with it, as Lindsey Vonn did recently.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |Β  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

This is where I was coming from as well

follow the dollar --

Β 

- she isn't good enough to be a professional golfer

- more and more pics of her pop up on her insta of her wearing less and less

- signs with PXG (lol)

- magically overnight becomes an 'embassador against bullying'

- poses for SI

Β 

'hoes gon' hoe'

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10Β Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

It's everyone's own choice to feel inadequate because someone on this planet does something better, looks better or gets more attention. But if you're halfway at peace with yourself, you can focus on the the things that define YOU, not you in comparison to Paige Spiranac, Lexi Thompson, or whoever. Nobody has to feel insecure because Paige Spiranac conducts herself and looks the way she does. Because they are not Paige Spiranac. And thats exactly what she promotes.

Β 

It is a choice everyone has to make: Either compare yourself to someone who does something better and feel bad about it, or (if you can) work on achieving or bettering this. Or you can find your own spot where you choose to excel, and you work on that. Set your own goals and work on achieving those. And don't blame others for being better.

Β 

I play drums, and I don't feel the least bit inadequate if I watch Steve Gadd, Jeff Porcaro, whoever. My goal was to be good enough to join a band that plays a certain type of music, I worked towards that goal, and I got a spot in such a band. My feeling of insecurity is that my bandmates think I'm not good enough, so it's my choice to work on my playing. There are thousands of better drummers out there, but I don't care, I have this job and they don't.

Β 

Does something better is different from just by luck getting good genetics and buying big boobs. If you don't realize the damage women like her do to the average 14-24 year old female you're choosing to ignore it.

Β 

I'm sure she is a sweet person and a good golfer. My contention is she could be those things and not hit golf balls half naked on Instagram and better impact the lives of those she seeks to inspire.

Β 

She would still get attention if she dressed like Lexi. She doesn't have to let it all hang out, but that's her choice and she should expect there to be people that don't like it. With all that said I do wish her nothing but happiness.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12Β° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15Β°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22Β°/25Β°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0Β GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

http://www.foxnews.c...suit-issue.html

Β 

Britt McHenry feuds with Paige Spiranac over '#MeToo,' Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue

Β 

Britt absolutely destroys PS here on the concept of female empowerment. It's a logical killing field.

Β 

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi XΒ 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130XΒ +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400Β +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0

Β 

Β 

Β 

It's everyone's own choice to feel inadequate because someone on this planet does something better, looks better or gets more attention. But if you're halfway at peace with yourself, you can focus on the the things that define YOU, not you in comparison to Paige Spiranac, Lexi Thompson, or whoever. Nobody has to feel insecure because Paige Spiranac conducts herself and looks the way she does. Because they are not Paige Spiranac. And thats exactly what she promotes.

Β 

It is a choice everyone has to make: Either compare yourself to someone who does something better and feel bad about it, or (if you can) work on achieving or bettering this. Or you can find your own spot where you choose to excel, and you work on that. Set your own goals and work on achieving those. And don't blame others for being better.

Β 

I play drums, and I don't feel the least bit inadequate if I watch Steve Gadd, Jeff Porcaro, whoever. My goal was to be good enough to join a band that plays a certain type of music, I worked towards that goal, and I got a spot in such a band. My feeling of insecurity is that my bandmates think I'm not good enough, so it's my choice to work on my playing. There are thousands of better drummers out there, but I don't care, I have this job and they don't.

Β 

Does something better is different from just by luck getting good genetics and buying big boobs. If you don't realize the damage women like her do to the average 14-24 year old female you're choosing to ignore it.

Β 

I'm sure she is a sweet person and a good golfer. My contention is she could be those things and not hit golf balls half naked on Instagram and better impact the lives of those she seeks to inspire.

Β 

She would still get attention if she dressed like Lexi. She doesn't have to let it all hang out, but that's her choice and she should expect there to be people that don't like it. With all that said I do wish her nothing but happiness.

Β 

Very well said.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

http://www.foxnews.c...suit-issue.html

Β 

Britt McHenry feuds with Paige Spiranac over '#MeToo,' Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue

Β 

Britt absolutely destroys PS here on the concept of female empowerment. It's a logical killing field.

Β 

I wonder what Britt's answer would have been if Sports Illustrated called up and asked if she wanted to be in the swimsuit issue?

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I think you give her too much credit. I find it hard to believe that an internet persona has that much influence over the youth of America. If asked, I am guessing the vast majority of young people probably never heard of her.

Β 

And, do we start dictating what people should or should not do just in case their actions may damage the fragile psyches of our young people? If anything, that kind of "protection" does more harm than good. How are young people supposed to live life if they are constantly protected from its slings and arrows?

β€œI’m in the news sweetheart, I will <expletive> sue this place.”

β€œSo I could be a college dropout and do the same thing?”

β€œI’m on television and you’re in a <expletive> trailer, honey.”

β€œLose some weight, baby girl.”

-Britt McHenry

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I'll take Paige ; )

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I think you give her too much credit. I find it hard to believe that an internet persona has that much influence over the youth of America. If asked, I am guessing the vast majority of young people probably never heard of her.

Β 

And, do we start dictating what people should or should not do just in case their actions may damage the fragile psyches of our young people? If anything, that kind of "protection" does more harm than good. How are young people supposed to live life if they are constantly protected from its slings and arrows?

Β 

Nope we shouldn't dictate what she does. It's a free country, but we don't have to be quiet about it. We can respectfully voice our opinion.

Β 

I 100% do not agree with the people that get nasty with her.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12Β° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15Β°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22Β°/25Β°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0Β GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Britt schooled her. Paige will of course stand strong and cling to her talent and completely miss the point.

Β 

You’re 100% right. She got schooled by another woman and couldn’t handle it. Like I said before she has rabbit ears. She can’t handle a modicum of civil criticism. What Britt says is so true, it cut Paige to her core. She had to respond the typical BS line of β€œ empowerment β€œ. β€œMy body, my choice” as if Britt was telling her it wasn’t. Good grief that chick needs constant validation. Britt basically said pick a lane and stay in it and she couldn’t handle that. She’s 25 and uses the term β€œmean girls” FFS.

That britt,

Β 

Shes such a role model

Β 

[media=]

[/media]

Β 

Good on Paige for not bringing this up.

Β 

Come on, Britt..

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Nope we shouldn't dictate what she does. It's a free country, but we don't have to be quiet about it. We can respectfully voice our opinion.

Β 

I 100% do not agree with the people that get nasty with her.

Β 

Wow, internet personalities don't influence the youth of America?