2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2018 Honda Classic Discussion Thread

LeftyLuck

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ok with Tiger Haters but it's not even a fair fight. Look at the galleries when he plays compared to when he doesn't. Today on the Golf Channel they showed extended coverage because they know the outcry of not showing Tiger while the basketball was concluding. So the haters went from saying he couldn't make a cut, oops 2/3 cuts made. Than he couldn't contend, oops, already contending in his third tournament. Now he has no chance in the Masters. Outside of Bubba who's even shown they can close. Maybe Dustin in Hawaii but he didn't make it happen at Pebble. Fowler...no, McIiroy...don't think so, Spieth..maybe if he can start putting and Rahm possibly but he has played bad golf on the weekends since Palm Springs. Day also looks good. JT also seems pretty solid. My point is Tiger can contend at Augusta....and WIN.

Who can close out of the five I mentioned?????

DJ - 47 straight weeks at number one in the world

JT - Reigning Fed Ex Cup Champion

Rahm - Closed the 2016 US Open just fine

Speith - Won the US Open..twice Oh, and held off the field at a younger age than anyone in history since 1923

Day - Former #1 in the world and closed the PGA in 2015

These guys do not resemble the guys Tiger use to dominate a decade ago. Tiger last won majors by "holding off" Rocco Mediate and Woody Austin.

Which 2 US Opens did he win? I know he got one at Chambers Bay in 2015 but that 2nd one I can't recall. ;)

"Two years later, Spieth won his third major at the 2017 Open Championship, by three shots at 12 under-par. The later was THE OPEN....Sorry!!

LOL, I hate it when wiki helps me look stupid, especially when I am hating on Tiger LOL

Did Rahm win the 2016 US Open too? Really? I didn't know that. :D

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??!! Hell no!!

.....Germans??, Pearl Harbor??.... Forget it, he’s Rolling.

Tiger played solid just hit really bad irons on 15 and 17. Today makes me believe he will be ready for the Masters. The WGC should make an exemption if your the second best golfer of all time and let him play. Just sayin.

Why stop there? Just put him in the final group, one stroke ahead of how playing partner.

Just sayin..

I'm ok with Tiger Haters but it's not even a fair fight. Look at the galleries when he plays compared to when he doesn't. Today on the Golf Channel they showed extended coverage because they know the outcry of not showing Tiger while the basketball was concluding. So the haters went from saying he couldn't make a cut, oops 2/3 cuts made. Than he couldn't contend, oops, already contending in his third tournament. Now he has no chance in the Masters. Outside of Bubba who's even shown they can close. Maybe Dustin in Hawaii but he didn't make it happen at Pebble. Fowler...no, McIiroy...don't think so, Spieth..maybe if he can start putting and Rahm possibly but he has played bad golf on the weekends since Palm Springs. Day also looks good. JT also seems pretty solid. My point is Tiger can contend at Augusta....and WIN.

Who can close out of the five I mentioned?????

DJ - 47 straight weeks at number one in the world

JT - Reigning Fed Ex Cup Champion

Rahm - Closed the 2016 US Open just fine

Speith - Won the US Open..twice Oh, and held off the field at a younger age than anyone in history since 1923

Day - Former #1 in the world and closed the PGA in 2015

These guys do not resemble the guys Tiger use to dominate a decade ago. Tiger last won majors by "holding off" Rocco Mediate and Woody Austin.

Which 2 US Opens did he win? I know he got one at Chambers Bay in 2015 but that 2nd one I can't recall. ;)

"Two years later, Spieth won his third major at the 2017 Open Championship, by three shots at 12 under-par. The later was THE OPEN....Sorry!!

LOL, I hate it when wiki helps me look stupid, especially when I am hating on Tiger LOL

I will like to see them get to -18 at Augusta with a balata lol. that funky Speith swing with a balata ball = no one knows who he is

Except Spieth putts better at ANGC better than anyone not named Tiger. What a ridiculous statement.

Tiger won't be what he was10 years ago. He will be better. Once he starts chipping things in and gets his driver worked out. He will show these young whippetr snappers who the big cat is all about.

Tiger won't be what he was10 years ago. He will be better. Once he starts chipping things in and gets his driver worked out. He will show these young whippetr snappers who the big cat is all about.

You can say that again!

Spieth's swing is also nearly perfect from a positional standpoint.

Doesn't get much better than that.

yep... know it alls cant get past the poultry wing ...which isnt even really there.... he holds the face square through impact longer than anyone short of Moe Norman...

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

yep... know it alls cant get past the poultry wing ...which isnt even really there.... he holds the face square through impact longer than anyone short of Moe Norman...

Hmmmm. Then maybe he should hit more fairways? Or not miss so many shots wide right?

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

Got it on the replay.

And before we cringe at Webb's follow through (him and ZJ are brutal)...

I didn't know she had the kung fu grip and wrist c0ck... "that's the lovin' sound"

amanda%20balionis%20golf%20swing.jpg

Her left wrist is cupped big time at the top and that clubface is still shut as h*ll.

Did she swing at the ball from there, wearing those heels? Looks like a good way to snap an ankle.

Got it on the replay.

And before we cringe at Webb's follow through (him and ZJ are brutal)...

I didn't know she had the kung fu grip and wrist c0ck... "that's the lovin' sound"

amanda%20balionis%20golf%20swing.jpg

Her left wrist is cupped big time at the top and that clubface is still shut as h*ll.

If you say so... I say just, d*mn.

Spieths swing is also nearly perfect from a positional standpoint.

Doesnt get much better than that.

I prefer Amanda’s swing. She understands that if you want to hit those 300 yd. drives you gotta split it up and go 10 finger.

Seriously, Spieth has a very solid swing and the clubhead is extremely stable through impact.

It is pure comedy to read opinions on swing aesthetics that don’t make a difference on controlling a golf ball and winning tournaments.

Titleist TS3 8.5 HZDRUS 60 6.5
Titleist TS3 15 HZDRUS 70 6.5
Titleist 818H2 19 Aldila Phenom HYB 85 S
Callaway X-Forged 18 UT 21 KBS $Taper 120 S
Callaway X-Forged 18 4-PW KBS $Taper 120 S
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 52/10 S Grind and 58/8 C Grind KBS $Taper 120 S
Scotty Cameron Futura X 35"
Titleist Pro V1x

Hmmmm. Then maybe he should hit more fairways? Or not miss so many shots wide right?

Did anyone mention an absolute ? I mean I’m certain any player you can name has missed a shot. He’s literally one of the best iron players on tour. We all know his wedge prowess. Your advice wold be more suited to Rory’s wedge game , or putter for that matter.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Has anyone really consider that the young guns only seen tiger in his prime via YouTube . Once his conference comes back the Jordan’s , DJ, JT and. Anyone else in their twenties have to contend with the large crowds that follows him (think of Arnold Palmers army but bigger) I would like to see how these guys handle them selves . I remember watching Jim on tv and once tiger finished a whole the crowds would start moving on to the next tee and the guys that were playing with him still had to put and that was distracting

Did anyone mention an absolute ? I mean I'm certain any player you can name has missed a shot. He's literally one of the best iron players on tour. We all know his wedge prowess. Your advice wold be more suited to Rory's wedge game , or putter for that matter.

Jorday's putter and his short game raises his game above and beyond his peers. Yes he has a great iron game. But it's what he does around the greens that will hopefully make him an all time great. It's difficult to compare him to Moe Norman who was all about fairways and greens.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

Did anyone mention an absolute ? I mean I'm certain any player you can name has missed a shot. He's literally one of the best iron players on tour. We all know his wedge prowess. Your advice wold be more suited to Rory's wedge game , or putter for that matter.

Jorday's putter and his short game raises his game above and beyond his peers. Yes he has a great iron game. But it's what he does around the greens that will hopefully make him an all time great. It's difficult to compare him to Moe Norman who was all about fairways and greens.

I get your point. Norman was a freak for how long he held an iron down and square through the hitting zone. But study Jordan’s iron swing. Watch it in slow motion. I doubt you can find a single player currently playing who holds it square longer. He’s square 4-5 inches before the ball and at least 4-5 ( or much more ) after it. He is technically very sound. And he’s not nearly the wildest driver either. You just notice it because of how straight he drive it in 2015-16.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

When I first visited Golftec I asked my instructor whether I needed to be concerned about my bent leading arm in my backswing, as I read plenty of articles claiming how vitally important this was. The first thing he did was show me a clip of Jordans backswing.

On the other side of the coin handsy Bubba probably has the shortest period of time with the face square through impact. Wait a minute; it is not square through impact! Some days Bubba gets it done better than anybody else, and other days Jordan gets it done better than anybody else. But they both have the ability to get it done. That is the only thing that matters. There are plenty of gorgeous swings belonging to people who may never get it done. When they don't get it done everybody and his dog has all these suggestions why he isn't getting it done. The coach surfers have no advice for Furyk when he is hitting 59.

Of course there some here with an index of 2 who will look at my index and conclude my thoughts are meaningless.

Anyone see poulters comments on instagram? Was saying the greens are bad and covered with green painted sand which is why the scoring is bad and people aren't making putts.

He might take some heat already a bit of interesting commentary.

Hmm...that’s a very interesting point...

FWIW, I think Ian is a very nice guy based on my [limited] experiences...

And he has a short game that is bananas awesome...

So I would tend to listen to him on such a matter...

-Chris

Srixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape

Anyone see poulters comments on instagram? Was saying the greens are bad and covered with green painted sand which is why the scoring is bad and people aren't making putts.

I wouldn't say uts why scoring is bad but he is jyst repeating wgat has veen reported since earl in the week. Its a known issue.

When I first visited Golftec I asked my instructor whether I needed to be concerned about my bent leading arm in my backswing, as I read plenty of articles claiming how vitally important this was. The first thing he did was show me a clip of Jordans backswing.

On the other side of the coin handsy Bubba probably has the shortest period of time with the face square through impact. Wait a minute; it is not square through impact! Some days Bubba gets it done better than anybody else, and other days Jordan gets it done better than anybody else. But they both have the ability to get it done. That is the only thing that matters. There are plenty of gorgeous swings belonging to people who may never get it done. When they don't get it done everybody and his dog has all these suggestions why he isn't getting it done. The coach surfers have no advice for Furyk when he is hitting 59.

Of course there some here with an index of 2 who will look at my index and conclude my thoughts are meaningless.

Totally agree. I don’t mean to imply that Jordan’s swing is perfect. Just to say that those who think he does everything wrong are not paying attention. He owns his swing. That’s the first hurdle. There’s a million ways to do it.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Is say they are covered in sand. It jumps up everytime a ball hits. Likely to rip them up after this week. Or after this summer. They talked about that early on day 1.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Hmm...that’s a very interesting point...

FWIW, I think Ian is a very nice guy based on my [limited] experiences...

And he has a short game that is bananas awesome...

So I would tend to listen to him on such a matter...

-Chris

Chris, you're a wrx poster I highly respect, but Poulter a very nice guy? The guy has been an absolute nasty, mean-spirited bufoon and braggadocio on social media.

Man. Compounds the error. Tried to pound it over the left bunkers on 18 and hooks it left under another big palm bush. He may have a partial swing.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Wow. Has line of sight between two palms. Maybe a 18 inch gap. Looks liwhea goin for it !

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock